Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

#RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members (17379 Views)

Soludo Calls For Unconditional Release Of Nnamdi Kanu, Offers To Be His Surety / Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Perhaps you should have read their memo and save yourself the embarrassment of sounding like a broken record. You seem to by walling in your write up. Yet, you are ridiculing those that have taken it upon themselves to seek a change in the system.

✓They demanded some basic things like true federalism,

✓they want children of politicians to school in Nigeria,

✓they want people in government to seek medical treatment in Nigeria.

✓They want politicians to work on reducing what they earn and any salary increases be tied to rate of inflation, which is. standard practice around the world.

✓They want government to take the security of country more seriously.

So tell me how those things are unreasonable?

The problem you have with protest is that you think everyone participating in the protest voted for Buhari in the just concluded election against your saint Obi and Atiku

Well sorry to break your bubble, this is greater than Atiku, Obi, Buhari, Tinubu or Even your mini God Kanu.

@ Starting at Lagos

Change can start from anywhere, it can be from tiny a village or a big city or even in thick forest; it doesn't change the fact that people want change

Most revolutions around the world have actually been started by random nobodies.

And I still ask you again, did any of these listed demands begin this year?
And I ask again, who did they vote for in February? Who did you even vote for? Didn't you see Muoghalu, Sowore, or Duke on your ballot paper?

And you make it more hilarious by saying the change has just started. In two weeks, we all will have forgotten about this.

So stop bringing any tribe into this. I didn't even mention Atiku, but that's always a defense for you guys

Let them all be charged for treason. If we really need that change, we will use our head and vote in 2023

Kudos to the NPF once again

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
fanysteve:
Mumu , single sense you don’t have , I pity your industry
Moboj:

You have a huge problem, Some Nigerians are really sick in the head
Do you understand the meaning of Democracy at all,this brutality only happens in a Military regime where the Head of State has no respect for its citizens rights
Buhari hasn't only defiled the Federal system of Government, he has monopolized the whole thing,heavily armed policemen for a peaceful protest,arresting protesters like they are hardened criminals,don't the police force have a thinking of their own?
This is Nigeria where some Nigerians will go ahead and say rubbish like "it's Monday morning bullshit" if you can't join in making the change happen just keep shut!
4 good years of hardship and lacks
Buhari is Nigeria's plague if you're too blind to see that
Danchibez:

Sorry for yourself

K
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by philos(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

Please,the police should charge them for treason and ensure they spend every single day of their lives in Kirikiri

I want to ask the protesters a question

Was Nigeria safe before the elections in February?
Was there stable power before February?
Was there jobs before February?
Was there any sector that was okay before February?

If I may ask again, who did the protesters vote for in February? It must be either Buhari or Atiku

Even Sowore did not file any petition to challenge Buhari's victory

And then you all wake up one morning to protest about what sef

Let's allow Buhari to rule in peace Abeg.... 2023 is closeby ..

Those attacking these thought provoking questions don't get it at all.
The protesters knew their BUHARI is this bad, and not only voted for him, but were the architects of the senseless propaganda that ousted Goodluck Jonathan, to bring the bigot to power.
The evil that men do should live with them.
He who brings ant infested firewood, should be ready to host and harbour lizards!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
philos:

Those attacking these thought provoking questions don't get it at all.
The protesters knew their BUHARI is this bad, and not only voted for him, but were the architects of the senseless propaganda that ousted Goodluck Jonathan, to bring the bigot to power.
The evil that men do should live with them.
He who brings ant infested firewood, should be ready to host and harbour lizards!

I can understand the fact that Buhari was voted in 2015 for a change

But after the first four years, he still won with a landslide victory again and someone is asking me to protest for what exactly?

The most powerful protest was to use our thumbs in February

Let everyone Mallam carry his kettle abeg
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Oblang(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Yoruba sef

They massively voted for Buhari in March & shouting revolution in August!

Everything tire me

Are u aware the pdp have more votes in the SW than in the SE in 2019 election..
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by litaninja(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Who was at the helm of affairs before the elections in February?

izzou:
grin

Please,the police should charge them for treason and ensure they spend every single day of their lives in Kirikiri

If I may ask again, who did the protesters vote for in February? It must be either Buhari or Atiku

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Lovelyn451:
They should've called it restructuring instead of this revolution...well I pray they achieve it cos this administration is hmmm
Exactly! All this 'Revolution" no make sense.
A protest for restructuring (with resource control) should have been the agenda.
Who knows what was in Sowore's mind?
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Reva1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
Lovelyn451:
They should've called it restructuring instead of this revolution...well I pray they achieve it cos this administration is hmmm

This is what I've been telling my guys. Revolution, by definition, is a forcible attempt to overthrow a government. That can be interpreted as treason. This gives the government a justifiable excuse to arrest those imvolved. They shoulda called it something else.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Moboj: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:

And I still ask you again, did any of these listed demands begin this year?
And I ask again, who did they vote for in February? Who did you even vote for? Didn't you see Muoghalu, Sowore, or Duke on your ballot paper?

And you make it more hilarious by saying the change has just started. In two weeks, we all will have forgotten about this.

So stop bringing any tribe into this. I didn't even mention Atiku, but that's always a defense for you guys

Let them all be charged for treason. If we really need that change, we will use our head and vote in 2023

Kudos to the NPF once again
Why are you talking as if votes count in this country and so ehn ehn can't people seek for redress and get a President impeached if he's found incompetent or,one of our problem is we don't even understand the constitution we're following and our government knows this and are using this to further take advantage of us
Nigeria didn't only find itself in a stagnant position instead we depreciated beyond recognition
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Moboj: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Exactly! All this 'Revolution" no make sense.
A protest for restructuring (with resource control) should have been the agenda.
Who knows what was in Sowore's mind?
When they called it protest nko
Was it not still like this
Call it any name you want to call it,it will still have this kind of storyline and outcome tongue
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
Moboj:

Why are you talking as if votes count in this country and so ehn ehn can't people seek for redress and get a President impeached if he's found incompetent or,one of our problem is we don't even understand the constitution we're following and our government knows this and are using this to further take advantage of us
Nigeria didn't only find itself in a stagnant position instead we depreciated beyond recognition

At what point was Buhari competent from 2015 to 2019?

Yet he won massively in Borno sef grin

Nigerians never learn. No we don't. So let's enjoy the four year ride,

Please undecided
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by franudi: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So people are not allowed to demand for good governance again?

Did you even read their memo !

I understand most Igbos have been talking with both sides of their mouth with regards to the revolution.

Get this; Buhari will rule for three years and someone like him will take over again. Please i don't want to hear any wailing from your side.
Yorubas brought Buhari, so they have to deal with it.This situation cannot be worse than the civil war,but Igbo's survived it.Buhari's government is enjoyment to Igbos.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by CableWire: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
I must just simply say that some niggas here are sick.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by plauezyx: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by plauezyx: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Lovelyn451(f): 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
Reva1:

This is what I've been telling my guys. Revolution, by definition, is a forcible attempt to overthrow a government. That can be interpreted as treason. This gives the government a justifiable excuse to arrest those imvolved. They shoulda called it something else.
abi o, if military overthrow military all na still military government, the later can even be worse than the former, but when government is reorganised or restructured, the military will realise they no longer meet the conditions to be there and vacate by themselves, this govt. is comfortably made up of touts and rogues, confident illitrates and even we the youths already believed that's what it takes to be a Nigerian politician but its not, this administration made it that way, if things are reorganised, only people on merit, educated and intelligent people will fill our govt, wen these uneducated people realise they can't mingle with the bright minds they won't dare to go there...
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by executive12: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

Knuckleheaded fool spotted.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Juban(m): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
[quote author=izzou post=80965457] grin

[color=#550000][b]Please,the police should charge them for treason and ensure they spend every single day of their lives in Kirikiri

Let's allow Buhari to rule in peace Abeg.... 2023 is closeby .

Clap for yourself. No wonder you were called LAZY YOUTH
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Haywize93(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

ur brain is not functioning well
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Haywize93:

ur brain is not functioning well

Obviously, it isnt
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by felaismyhero(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
Koolking:
Who are these touts.

A responsible citizen would not waste precious limited hours on a Monday for useless revolution instead of manifesting his ideas into money.

Police issued a warning to public yet defiant collected money from their sponsors and ignored the warning. A lesson should be taught to them using all legal means.
may you never become a leader; you would be a dictator like buhari.a selfish dictator!
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by jaxxy(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
They shud be realeased they expressed their displeasure in the government and that is their lawful right.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
unscripted:
yea , its obvious that non of your family members have been kidnapped on Benin ore road , and you have a awesome job ,

That useless fool must be from the north
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Koolking(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
felaismyhero:
may you never become a leader; you would be a dictator like buhari.a selfish dictator!

Amen
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by jamjo: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
diegwu02:

how do you compare this very Peaceful walk to the one called by Sowore?
Sowore was calling for a violent change in govt and promised to wipe out DSS by Tuesday

You all should just shut up who started the violence, Nigerian authority. Why is it that this government is so jittery why not allow their work to speak for them, why using the security on dissenting voice. It was peaceful as you said because Jonathan did not use the security apparatus on them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military, Civil Authorities Battle Over Leadership Of Proposed Agency / Jibrin Echocho: Salome Abuh, A Victim Of Retaliatory Attack In Kogi (Video) / President Tinubu To Meet UAE Authorities During Stopover In Abu Dhabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.