Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests (36022 Views)

RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by LegendHero(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
Odingo1:
Yoruba don't have courage to do anything, one gun shot today at Surulere lagos this morning, they all ran away leaving only one Igbo man standing.

Lol, I thought you fools said Igbos are not part of the protest, so how will one Igbo man remain standing??
The Igbos are the most confused people on earth.

For you info: it’s not a Yoruba protest Caz most Yoruba youth don’t buy into the idea. Sowore goofed coz no clear path is given and he did not give the people a cogent reason to fight for the revolution.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Asnafsaeed(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
Impressive my ass!! I thought he said 21 states including kano and kaduna, turned out even his own Ondo state didn't show up grin cheesy
dlondonbadboy:
The turnout was impressive for day1. Before we get to day7, the world would be listen to us. Our demands are simple. Nigeria is not a banana republic. Or is it?
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
emmnprince:
And who told this man that millions are happy and in support of the present administration?

All these politicians ehnnn!
we are all very happy with the Messiah sowore and his Sahara reporters campaigned for
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Kylekent59: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
Odingo1:
Yoruba don't have courage to do anything, one gun shot today at Surulere lagos this morning, they all ran away leaving only one Igbo man standing.

lol

Funny, they only know how to shout and break bottles.

Igbos stood one on one with soldiers sef during python dance, but look at the yorubas, running just after seeing police uniform.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by osazsky(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
Pls when is tacha going to be evicted and as a man u fan,I hope and pray we win the champions league this season thank God we have dybala in d bag
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by BAZETU12: 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
When ACN, CPC, ANPP and factional APGA formed a party big enough to cut PDP's 60 years to 16, that's Democratic Revolution.

Let PDP, IPOB, CAN & IMN merge officially and meet us at the poll in 2023.

#SWA
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by ElsonMorali: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
The joke's on y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by SirChime(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Nigerian Presidency has praised Nigerians for ‘Ignoring’ the #RevolutionNow protests Organized by Sahara Reporters Founder, Omoyele Sowore, who is currently being detained by the Department of State Security Services, DSS.

Below is a statement signed by Presidential media aide, Garba Shehu, sent to POLITICS NIGERIA;

“Today, millions of Nigerians went about their businesses: work, seeking employment, attending schools/colleges and caring for their families. By doing so, the millions defended our country’s hard-won democratic rights – by ignoring calls on social media to join a phantom ‘revolution’.”

“There were a few hundred persons today who, for their own reasons, decided to act upon the demands of a group calling itself Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria, which went on social media to ask everyday Nigerians to overthrow the government they only elected some six months ago.

“The President is humbled by the support – not for himself, or the governing party – but for the democratic values of modern-day Nigeria through the wisdom of those millions of citizens who preferred democracy and decided not to undermine an elected government.

“Today, joining those millions of Nigerians was not only the President and governing party at Federal level, but many state governments from the opposition, trade unions, civil society organisations, media and NGOs with focus on freedom of speech. All have, rightly, united in protecting Nigeria’s young democracy and the rights of all to elect leaders and lawmakers.

“The Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria’s attempt to incite citizens into a revolution against their own democratic rights and interests has failed – as will all attempts to take away from the people their hard-won rights and freedom to choose who leads their country.’’

https://politicsnigeria.com/presidency-hails-nigerians-for-ignoring-sowores-revolutionnow-protests
Useless presidency . God punish you. Infact , who is the presidency ?
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Kingsley10000: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
Afonja people too dey fear...
so they no wan die in what(revolution)they believe like ipob youths

3 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by LegendHero(m): 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Kylekent59:

lol

Igbos stood one on one with soldiers sef during python dance, but look at the yorubas, running just after seeing police uniform.
Lol, isn’t it the IPOB that are swimming in the mud while the Zoo soldier whip their ass?

Remind me where the runaway coward albino is again? He done a Ojukwu on the army and ran off with his tail behind his leg like Ojukwu of unblessed memory.

Coward Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Od1n: 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Presidency oya, Let Amadioha strike u daan!
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Kingsley10000: 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Kylekent59:

lol

Abeg no kill me with laugh
Afonja people no get liver wink

3 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Princedapace(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Sheriman:
Day 2 we are still protesting.. we will keep Protesting..

God bless u guys.. I won't say because a person voted this govt, he or she can't repent.

The protest is for the interest of all. The fact that it also requested for our constitution to be deliberated on is a good sign. The presidency is celebrating wrongly. The protest didnt record much success because they used terror to scare the people. U could see how they have bowed to the shite movement.

The govt only understands force. I think the govt quickly released the shite leader to avoid a situation where they may join the revolution protesters. That would have become bloody. They were really scared of that.

Also, the organizers of the protest are not trying to over throw the govt, they only made reasonable demands. They should partner with IPOB to gain more grounds. They should also meet with south south people to gain more grounds. These wicked leaders are simply bent on destroying this country since they already stole enough and kept abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Newboss(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Odingo1:

Dude, why? LWKMD.
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by am4truth(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
post=80975371:
GOD BLESS OUR DARLING DADDY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND HIS AMIABLE VICE PRESIDENT PROF YEMI OSINBAJO .

Almost 16 MILLION NIGERIANS cannot be wrong to vote for you.
It could have been worse.

Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.
Thanks for saving us from the hands of criminals, looters and rapist of our nation.

We love you.
We stand with you...........sane Nigerians that is.

Sincerely speaking, I hardly comment on forum like this, however, I find most of your comments disgusting and irritating to say the least. I need to start questioning your reasoning..I'm highly disappointed in most of your comments. Can you for once be patrotic and think more of the project Nigeria? Most of your comments are filled with insults and derogatory remarks. The country Nigeria is not working, you yourself cannot deny this fact. The metrics won't lie.
You need to change your way of life.

Children of hate and perdition, you can hereby start quoting and wailing as usual...............
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Adufeamos: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
Its like our Govt no understand English o.... Revolution can b viewd in two ways. Taking over of a govt/upheaval or Changing d way things are done/vast change in situation. Sowore must Sue DSS
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by kingcalors(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Nigerian Presidency has praised Nigerians for ‘Ignoring’ the #RevolutionNow protests Organized by Sahara Reporters Founder, Omoyele Sowore, who is currently being detained by the Department of State Security Services, DSS.

Below is a statement signed by Presidential media aide, Garba Shehu, sent to POLITICS NIGERIA;

“Today, millions of Nigerians went about their businesses: work, seeking employment, attending schools/colleges and caring for their families. By doing so, the millions defended our country’s hard-won democratic rights – by ignoring calls on social media to join a phantom ‘revolution’.”

“There were a few hundred persons today who, for their own reasons, decided to act upon the demands of a group calling itself Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria, which went on social media to ask everyday Nigerians to overthrow the government they only elected some six months ago.

“The President is humbled by the support – not for himself, or the governing party – but for the democratic values of modern-day Nigeria through the wisdom of those millions of citizens who preferred democracy and decided not to undermine an elected government.

“Today, joining those millions of Nigerians was not only the President and governing party at Federal level, but many state governments from the opposition, trade unions, civil society organisations, media and NGOs with focus on freedom of speech. All have, rightly, united in protecting Nigeria’s young democracy and the rights of all to elect leaders and lawmakers.

“The Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria’s attempt to incite citizens into a revolution against their own democratic rights and interests has failed – as will all attempts to take away from the people their hard-won rights and freedom to choose who leads their country.’’

https://politicsnigeria.com/presidency-hails-nigerians-for-ignoring-sowores-revolutionnow-protests/
Weda na revolution, resolution, revelation or realization...BUHARI is TOTAL MUSEUM. He is the worst president since Nigeria gained independence. How can a cattle rearer who was forced into Nigerian Army and someone who was dull enough not to have sat for WAEC exams be allowed to rule this great country called Nigeria? English, he no fit speak. Common sense he no get. Eat better food he no free eat. Na soso Zobo, Kunu, pof-pof, Kindrimun and fura-de-nunu he dey drink.
I wonder what people like Whole Shoyinka, Obasanjo and Theophelous Danjuma are all waiting for? Abi he don tie all of them with Fulani juju.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by dallyemmy: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
The Presidency and The President

1 Like

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
Odingo1:

Pictures or Idonbilifit...

Meanwhile...

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Toscarel: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2019
divide and conquer
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by jaxxy(m): 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Sowore is on his own

He's paying for all the insults his raven lunatic self hurled on my daddy, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan .

We Igbos no send am

The fight is between Yoruba people and Buhari men.

Sowore is fighting for a cause and one that will make dis country better. Goodluck was not even in control of his government. Diezani and his wife and other aides did as they pleased. It was just a matter of Time even without out sowore speaking against him.

1 Like

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
post=80975371:
GOD BLESS OUR DARLING DADDY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND HIS AMIABLE VICE PRESIDENT PROF YEMI OSINBAJO .

Almost 16 MILLION NIGERIANS cannot be wrong to vote for you.
It could have been worse.

Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.
Thanks for saving us from the hands of criminals, looters and rapist of our nation.

We love you.
We stand with you...........sane Nigerians that is.

Children of hate and perdition, you can hereby start quoting and wailing as usual...............

So you mean those that are not supporting buhari are insane, your brain is paining you dear human, you have stretch marks all over you cerebrum and it's affecting your thinking faculty

buhari saved you from looters and turned the country into his sitting room

I remember when PDP was in power, this so called APC shutdown the country and said all babaric things about the previous government, they help a Nationwide protest, said allot of hate speech but when they came into power, they had gut to threaten anyone that wants to follow that kind of action, and are you sure this is the kinda government you want your generation be proud of?
least I forget, killing in cold blood, prostitution, jobless, inflation, internet scamming, hard drugs, etc became so rampant in this government tenure

my last question for you is how much did they pay you for this nonsense you wrote cos if your children and grandchildren see this, there's all tendency they'll curse you

3 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Techsunny: 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
Odingo1:
lol cowards
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by jaxxy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
U intimidated and threatened people then u hail them for being intimidated again. Double insult on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
Buhari was formerly #babagoslow.... the next level is....

#babatalknodo

1 Like

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by favour32(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
May God punish the presidency!
If not your generation, let it be the next generation.
You thought we ignored the revolution because
we like the way we are?
God punish all in the presidency making life unbearable for Nigerians.
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Techsunny: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
dotunbidemi:
cool
, Opamioo ahhhhh , cowards
Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by DannyCool1: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2019
Why are ibos tagging this rubbish revolution Youruba revolution?? You people are trying so hard to turn the table around.
You’ve been pained over the years with several attack. I drove past Surulere and I could not see a single Yoruba/Omoluabi out there that I know of. None, I mean none of my contact came out today.
It’s not you peoples fault, it’s the Ediot Soworo who has been bought.
Please, no human being can divide the political alliance between the North and South West. We are very solid. You fools think you can push the Yorubas forward in a protest? I laugh out loud grin.
See below:

4 Likes

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by cyan2008(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
We need Him

Re: Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests by Vixlot: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
Sowore is an agent of IPOB and PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Motorcycle Thief Caught And Beaten In Rivers State (Disturbing Photos) / Policemen Posted To Borno Turn To Internally Displaced Persons (Photos) / OBIdients Million Man March For Peter Obi In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.