Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State (15796 Views)

Photo Collections From Revolution Now Protest Today / Photos Of Agba Jalingo Before His Arrest At Revolution Now Protest / Charly Boy, Eedris Abdulkareem At The 'Revolution Now' Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by NGpatriot: 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2019

The proposed nationwide “#Revolutionnow” protest on Monday did not hold in Rivers state.

The Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike had on Sunday warned against the embattled Omoyele Sowore initiated protest in the state, directing all security operatives to be on guard to foil any of such protest and arrest participants.

Today, Security agencies in Port Harcourt, defied the all-day rains to Man all strategic protest places in the capital City, especially the Isaac Boro Park, near the state House apparently to foil all forms of gathering to ensure no break down of law and order in the state.

Meanwhile, there was no gathering of any kind, business activities are going on as usual in the area.

The statement signed by Wike’s personal Assistant on Electronic media, Simeon Nwakudu Sunday night distanced the state and her residents of any ill agenda the initiators of the exercise might hold.

He said, “nobody should attempt the RevolutionNow protest in the state. Rivers State is not part of the RevolutionNow protest and whatever illegal agenda it seeks to pursue.

“Rivers State does not subscribe to what the RevolutionNow protest represents and Rivers State is not part of the protest”.

He directed security agencies in the state to arrest anybody involved in the RevolutionNow protest and also take all necessary steps to prosecute such persons.

Governor Wike urged parents to ensure that their children are not misled by agents of the march to participate in the illegal protest.

“All council chairmen are directed to be at alert. If they suspect any illegal gathering, they should report to the security agencies for immediate action “, Governor Wike directed.

To this effects, leaders of some state-based civil society groups contacted on Monday to inquire of the protesters planned take-off point in the state, nobody appeared to know much about the exercise, hence could not tell where, when and how it would be.

They said, ” My group is not part of the protest and do not know where they intend to gather. The state government has warned against staging the protest in the state, the last time we planned this kind of protest in the state, the government stopped it and since he has warned against this, there will be no protest in the state.” he said.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/revolutionnow-protest-fails-hold-rivers-240506

2 Likes

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by muykem: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
Thanks to governor Wike shot at sight order giving to police.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by NGpatriot: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
muykem:

I though revolution people no dey fear..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by donbachi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
NGpatriot:

mayb na d rain make dem no go on with d protest

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by dotunbidemi: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Revolutions are not achieve in a day, it's a gradual process, it's 3 people today it will be 5 tomorrow then then next week then 100 next month... We will keep coming and we will keep increasing, A change of the old, greedy and corrupt establishment is necessary it might not be this month, next year or 5 years time but we shall be free. These politicians needs to be scared including their wives and children you all are not left out the corrupt tree needs to be uprooted and it branches and fruit destroyed also #RevolutionNow

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by legitnow: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Dem no want waste Biafra life for Nigeria matter.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Zico5(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
I know one day, we will all rise up against all these bad leaders. What Youths are doing now is like testing microphone. No job anywhere unless u know who is who in political and business circle, even with first class degree. And these wicked leaders are still canvassing we continue to bear with them, probably until when they loot all available resources in the land. I pray their generation shall never know peace.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

Chai!
Diaris God o! cheesy

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Sirmuel1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
Them no wan die cheesy

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
grin mumy basement
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by 1shortblackboy: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
hahahahahahaha
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by obembet(f): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
Who care about blood of river before? The state that there is no day they dont record kidpping or behead.. Criminal state

3 Likes

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
It was the Rain mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Chukwurah003: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
Only mad people want a stupid revolution that will take them from fry pan to fire

2 Likes

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by klever18(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
even in Abj city

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
muykem:
Really?

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by chiagozien(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
Pls guys when will this yorubas revolution protest hold.

18 Likes

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by icebird25(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
We can just go and kill ourselves o...governor wike is strict person

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by bigeliot(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
This whole revolution sometin sef, truth is, if we don't fight these our yeye leaders, they will feel its their right to dey do anyhow. I really wish we will come out and make our leaders bend to what we want and not d oda way round.. I just tire

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Englov(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Myhusband(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
Igbo had been wailing since Gej lost on why Yoruba didn't come out to protest. they called them many names coward if I could remembered. now the fearless Yoruba came out without swimming in erosion for securities armed men the same Igbo tagged it Yoruba revolution, why? because they voted for Buhari whose his governance has been incapacitated to curb securities challenges

here is my qsts for those block flat head, when yaradua handover to Gej then despite corruption flying up and down and insecurities, didn't northeast turned out in mass to reelect him? why should a region political decision be another major tribe headache?

something south south should be doing is what one of the major tribe are doing, shame on all ndigbo from Nigeria to Asia prisons and all over the world for their stinking hypocrisy
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Kerfuffle: 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2019
Only if Governor Wike is this active in clamping down on cultists, Rivers would have been better off.

5 Likes

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by rozayx5(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2019
how can it hold

we dont buy fraudulent shlt in the SS

same Sowore was a mole for buhari to militarize rivers in last election

he should enjoy his change in DSS cell

no sane RIvers person will have any business to do with Sowore

Wike clearly told and warned them ahead

na so Charlie Boy been dey do, only to discovered he was a fraud

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by straighttalk(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2019
Wiked sorry Wike (the man of his words) is not known to renege on whatever he said.

Wicked is known to always mind his business.
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
I know we all know why today's protest failed. You won't need to ask if i joined the protest, well i didn't.

How many protests riots have we had in Nigeria till date. If we could forget every other protests, i guess we may love to retain the memory of 1993 and 2011. I remembered we were with full alacrity to force the then government down. It wouldn't pain me if people didn't die in an uncivilised protest. Properties got destroyed. A family friend got his car vandalized.

It'd be bad if i blame any Nigerian for this, yet we could do this in a more civilized manner.
I was talking with a friend online, he was of the opinion that even the plan some patriots are drawing could only work in a more civilized country.

Just take your time to scrutinize this plan.

We need to organise a group (Facebook preferably). Let every well meaning Nigerian come on there to discuss. Don't forget we have different ethnic groups in Nigeria, of course we must have differ views on there. That's good because we can then harness the views together. On there we can plan to march in peace to our various government houses on our Independence day. On #October1st we can use the zeal of INDEPENDENCE.

Have we ever had a free and fair election in Nigeria? Oh, 1993. I heard it was annulled. We can have a free and fair election on there. We can vote for Nigerians we trust (could even be you).

Spies? We can get rid of them. Create a page (we have one already), the least we could do is to try. We haven't done this before, it is worth a trial. I know my own child will one day ask 'dad, what did you do to change the polity? Well, i won't say i didn't do anything, I'm a PATRIOT!!!
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by banio: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
Nigerians are enjoying AC and kpekus. Nobody wants to die, everyone wants to enjoy

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by muykem: 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
NGpatriot:

Not that of political revolutionist we have Nigeria. How can somebody call for revolution after contesting and lost election.
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Aidejay(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
grin
Dey will come and celebrate this one as a victory
I'm not talking about APC apologists if u know who I'm talking about u don sabi b dat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by davodyguy: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
Who wan die?
See cutlass in the hand of the gomina
Re: Revolution Now Protest Fails To Hold In Rivers State by Edyice: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
Las Las Las we are heading to separation grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Celebrates Babangida At 79 / CBN Denies Naira Devaluation / Sowore's AAC Unveil Mobile App For Reporting 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.