Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,660 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River (15617 Views)

Mass Defection Hits APC In Adamawa, As Over 1,615 Members Join PDP, Meet Atiku / Mass Defection Hits APC in Sokoto as Over 100,000 Members Join PDP / Mass Defection Hits APC In Kebbi As Aliero Joins Senate Leader, Others In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by SATANICALLY666: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2022
The battle for the soul of Cross River state has continued to gather momentum as about 5, 000 All Progressives Congress (APC) members have defected to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Northern senatorial District.

Vanguard learned that the defectors include, former APC wards and chapter officers, women leaders, leaders of Hausa community in Ogoja, Yala, Bekwarra, Obanliku and Obudu as well as LP candidates in the last Ogoja/Yala federal Constituency and aspirants in the last congresses.

Receiving the defectors at TTC field Igoli-Ogoja on Saturday, the Vice Chairman of PDP Northern Senatorial district, Chief Austine Edibe, lauded them for their courage to join the party at this nick of time.

He enjoined them to go back to their respective wards and work for the success of PDP in 2023, adding that the wards that deliver highest votes would be re-warded with more dividends of democracy.

Also welcoming the defectors, Sen Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe, advised them to be loyal to party leadership at their various wards and be steadfast, assuring them of more empowerment programmes to accommodate them.

Jarigbe said: “This is the time for the defectors to tie their belts and reject any form of inducements in readiness for the battle ahead.”

Earlier, the former Deputy Governor, Efiok Cobham, said the defectors should join the “operation vote APC out” and called on them to get their PVCs ready to bring back PDP.

Some of the defectors expressed their readiness to work for PDP, saying “we are back to our root.”

One of the defectors and a former chapter treasurer of APC Obudu, Agim Joseph Agim, said they came back to PDP because of the love for Sen Jarigbe and to be part of the success story ahead of 2023.

On his part, Ushie James Odey, former APC secretary Ukpah ward in Bekwarra, said: “We have worked for APC for seven years and I got nothing neither was I empowered. So, I decided to defect to PDP where I can be given human treatment.”

For John Brown Ugbada from Yala, he said: “I came over with about 300 APC members. We are returning to PDP to enable us to work for PDP and reposition Yala local government area.”

For Dominic Ebi, a former LP candidate for the last Yala/Ogoja federal constituency by-election, he said: “I have returned to PDP because it is a family that has a reward system.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/defection-hits-apc-as-5000-members-defect-to-pdp-in-cross-river/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Cypress042(m): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2022
What a good news

More of this defection tinubu would step down and become Obidient cheesy

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by SmellyNyash: 9:10am On Jul 31, 2022
The evil party never see anything yet

Nonsense and useless tilinbu

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by LilTroy: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2022
Power to the people.

20 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Jagabanofafrica: 9:13am On Jul 31, 2022
Tinubu is the man
Yoruba lokan

If u like insult him, u are on ur own ...
Jagaban oko omo ibo

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by CandidNotes: 9:21am On Jul 31, 2022
Troll: "There are good and bad people in ALL colours and races."
Me: "M'Kay, I'll bite. Consulting the historical archives, how many white countries were invaded by people of colour and then stolen?
How many millions of white people did Africans, Asians, Indians, Mexicans or Native Americans steal from Europe to enslave for centuries?
How many countries did people of colour build using the free labour of white people?
How many European countries are being held in colonial debt nations of colour?
How many thousands of white women gave birth to biracial babies as a result of rape?
How many black women forced white women to nurse their babies at their breasts?
How many millions of white bodies were thrown in the Atlantic Ocean by Africans?
Name a genocide of white people caused by non-whites.
Name one racially discriminatory law against white people that people of colour in this country drafted and successfully enacted.
How many white communities were burned to the ground by people of colour?
How many thousands of white people were lynched by Blacks or other people of colour?
Name one pregnant white woman that was lynched by a mob of black people.
How many white schools and churches were bombed or set fire to by people of colour?
Provide me with a similar version of apartheid or Jim Crow segregation that white people were legally subjected to by people of colour.
Name one non-white doctor who experimented on white children in the nation's best hospitals and labs.
Name one non-white person who participated in the Eugenics movement or sterilized a white person.
How many unarmed white children have been killed by non-white police officers?
Dr. Stacey Patton.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by sukkot: 9:21am On Jul 31, 2022
shocked
Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Viraltrends123: 9:21am On Jul 31, 2022
SmellyNyash:
The evil party never see anything yet

Nonsense and useless tilinbu

They are happy, they believe and like news like this.

You Igbos already told us that you will rather vote for Northerners, even now that you know that Peter Obi can't win, their only option is to give Atiku more votes grin . They were more happy that Atiku PDP won in osun than sad of Obi loosing woefully.

I wonder where they get the hateful characters from, right from 2015 they've been abusing, they said Igbo presidency or Nigeria will divide, they abused northerners throughout, an average northerner now have this feeling that you people are their enemies, after everything your only choice left PDP, after spoiling other Igbo candidates, they thought Jonathan will enter grin , the Buhari they hated now becomes a good man because they thought he would choose Jonathan or Amaechi, the Tinubu they cursed won the primaries with verrrrry wide margin, when God is with you, just leave haters, you will succeed, don't even reply them. They will keep bringing themselves down, because the hatred is consuming them like fire.

Kwankwaso and Tinubu are the only ones contesting in the north, in the south west it's only Tinubu, in the south east it's only Atiku.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by romelady(f): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2022
This is just the beginning...

Nobody wants to be identified with losers...

We remain OBIDIENT REGARDLESS

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2022
undecided politicians are parasites. Nothing more nothing less.
Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Kurutinto(m): 9:22am On Jul 31, 2022
Any thing to bring down the evil APC

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by strangest(m): 9:22am On Jul 31, 2022
Eeeyah... Nobody wants to eat only agbado....

22 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by SultanOfPuna: 9:22am On Jul 31, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by KanwuliaExtra: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2022
APC MUST GO!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by sukkot: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2022
CandidNotes:
Troll: "There are good and bad people in ALL colours and races."
Me: "M'Kay, I'll bite. Consulting the historical archives, how many white countries were invaded by people of colour and then stolen?
How many millions of white people did Africans, Asians, Indians, Mexicans or Native Americans steal from Europe to enslave for centuries?
How many countries did people of colour build using the free labour of white people?
How many European countries are being held in colonial debt nations of colour?
How many thousands of white women gave birth to biracial babies as a result of rape?
How many black women forced white women to nurse their babies at their breasts?
How many millions of white bodies were thrown in the Atlantic Ocean by Africans?
Name a genocide of white people caused by non-whites.
Name one racially discriminatory law against white people that people of colour in this country drafted and successfully enacted.
How many white communities were burned to the ground by people of colour?
How many thousands of white people were lynched by Blacks or other people of colour?
Name one pregnant white woman that was lynched by a mob of black people.
How many white schools and churches were bombed or set fire to by people of colour?
Provide me with a similar version of apartheid or Jim Crow segregation that white people were legally subjected to by people of colour.
Name one non-white doctor who experimented on white children in the nation's best hospitals and labs.
Name one non-white person who participated in the Eugenics movement or sterilized a white person.
How many unarmed white children have been killed by non-white police officers?
Dr. Stacey Patton.
IF WE START NAMING BLACK ATROCITIES LOL
WICKED WIKE KEE LIKE 500 PEOPLE IN OVIGBO

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Brendaniel: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2022
Trying to Pack sand while losing cement to build a house..

Tinubu and APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by ecolime(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2022
2023 is clearly Obi versus Atiku.

1. LP- 30%
2. PDP- 28%
3. NNPP- 22%
4. APC- 20%

I see a run-off election between LP and PDP.

This I have seen.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by CandidNotes: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2022
Wow, so it was WHITE PEOPLE that Wike killed! No wonder whites keep killing blacks in revenge!!!

sukkot:
IF WE START NAMING BLACK ATROCITIES LOL
WICKED WIKE KEE LIKE 500 PEOPLE IN OVIGBO

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Burgerlomo: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2022
APC dey chop breakfast grin

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by MMWandali: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2022
Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by TolaniLuv: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2022
I don’t understand? So, deflecting to PDP for Atiku I don’t get it. Why not LP . So this fight is between ApC and PDP?
Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Veeryeasy(m): 9:26am On Jul 31, 2022
Shey no be the cross river wey the digital governor say him go give bobo Chicago 100% votes. I laugh at both swines

9 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Allisgud: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2022
So 5000 people called their self and gathered together to defect

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by wunmi590(m): 9:26am On Jul 31, 2022

Cross river has always been a people state, so no contest in that..

Majority of PDP members that defected to APC then are back to the party that made them what they are...

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by OtunbaStixx23: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:
Tinubu is the man
Yoruba lokan

If u like insult him, u are on ur own ...
Jagaban oko omo ibo

I hope say APC make ur life better? Stop be tribalistic and think about ur future, tribalism will lead u to eating agbado and cassava on a daily

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Agricaddict(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2022
No mentioning of Obedient? Just empty noise
Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by blamingthedevil: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2022
Who counted the 5000?
Where are the APC cards?

Where are their new PDP cards?

God Bless Incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

98 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by mcdokwe(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2022
All this plenty defection of so called members who have held multi-party membership.

make I hear word jor

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River by Jemex003: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2022
SATANICALLY666:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/defection-hits-apc-as-5000-members-defect-to-pdp-in-cross-river/

They’ve brought another foods for Obituary bingo’s to cry on.

Oya make una start ranting now.

10,000 will decamp back to APC before election!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 / The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. / Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.