Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest (20519 Views)

Iretiola Doyle Confirms Divorce From Husband, Patrick / Iretiola Doyle Shares Childhood Photos To Celebrate Her 53rd Birthday / Funke Akindele, Susan Peters, Kate Henshaw, Dakore Akande And Iretiola Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by hitng1: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2019
Iretiola Doyle has condemned the Nigerian government for deploying armed policemen to discourage unarmed protesters from carrying out a peaceful protest, yet doing nothing to armed bandits who wreak havoc in the country.

Armed policemen and soldiers clashed with unarmed citizens yesterday, August 5, as they set out to begin the planned #RevolutionNow protest. During the clash between uniformed men and citizens, Nigerians were teargassed and one photo purportedly showed a man shot in the leg. Some protesters were also arrested and taken away in a Black Maria.

Also, prior to the protest, Omoyele Sowore - the organiser of the Revolution Now protest and former presidential aspirant - was arrested by the DSS and is still in custody.
These, combined, created tension in the country and has been the topic of most conversations.

Reacting to the chaos, actress Iretiola Doyle tweeted; "It doesn't matter where you stand politically, you have to admit (at the very least) that it's a curious case when a nation deploys its security apparatus against unarmed citizens while armed bandits roam free; killing, stealing and destroying at will."

Her tweet quickly went viral and she soon shared a follow-up post that reads: "For the avoidance of doubt and for those who still choose to intentionally misconstrue my words; let me make it abundantly clear: I am not PDP, APC or any of the P's. I am NIGERIAN - Yoruba by birth, Northern by assimilation and Igbo by association."

https://www.hitng.info/2019/08/iretiola-doyle-weighs-in-on.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by orion7: 11:18am On Aug 06, 2019
abeg tell them o

some people 're jyst despicable.

at least there is a sensible youruba person out there.

she's smarter than that olwole prof. parading as vp

if you see the way they wer screaming rule of law in 2014 you will think they wer democratic. but they 're all animals.

just see this useless tinubu

45 Likes

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by ArmaniUhuru: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
According to Garba Shehu...the revolution failed and Millions of Nigerians went about their normal business....so police were only tear gassing themselves or what is the shameless slowpoke saying?

When you are good, you are good abeg.

27 Likes

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by passyhansome(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
LOL
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by IMASTEX: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by bestman09(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
wink
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by simplemach(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
Biko who's she

1 Like

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Built2last: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
Indivisible indeed. She lost me there

1 Like

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by money121(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Interesting..
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Whatthesugar: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wow

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by babatee90(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Only a reasonable person would condemn this lifeless Government now I’m waiting for those idiots that see poverty as their birth right to come flood this place with hateful comments...Oya over to you wailers

10 Likes

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
when APC used broom to do campaign and their political mascot you Nigerians never knew they wanted to use the broom to flog craze from the masses...enjoy next levo oh, just chest the cane till we can all run under the protection of the umbrella.

6 Likes

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by BlackfireX: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
I dem born una well go protest.... Na guns ,bullets and a none speaking soldiers go reply una.

As for sowore the Yoruba man now ijaw man according to the Yorubas we will lock you up and throway the keys.
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
orion7:
abeg tell them o

some people te jyst despicable.

at least there is a sensible youruba person out there.

she's smarter than that olwole prof. parading as vp

if you see the way they wer screaming rule of law in 2014 you will think they wer democratic. but they 're all animals.

just see this useless tinubu

Brain dead IPOB yoot

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by michoim(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
Most of these Nigerian actresses are so senseless nowadays... the only thing that fill their skulls is crave for materialism and indulgence in mundane things.

1 Like

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by MD8020: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
I
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
Chaos every where!!!

How many protests or protesters can Buhari and his foot Soldiers stop

It's not longer about one person leading the protests, its now about Nigerians wanting a FAIR BETTER CHANGE!!!

The time he spend arresting unarmed citizens, he will use it to do the right thing!!!

Everyone cannot be wrong about your administration!!!

You have failed woefully!!!

7 Likes

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by KanuSE: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
I don't know her.
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
BlackfireX:
I dem born una well go protest.... Na guns ,bullets and a none speaking soldiers go reply una.

As for sowore the Yoruba man now ijaw man according to the Yorubas we will lock you up and throway the keys.

Typical Igbo Catholic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Maroghene(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
hitng1:
Iretiola Doyle has condemned the Nigerian government for deploying armed policemen to discourage unarmed protesters from carrying out a peaceful protest, yet doing nothing to armed bandits who wreak havoc in the country.

Armed policemen and soldiers clashed with unarmed citizens yesterday, August 5, as they set out to begin the planned #RevolutionNow protest. During the clash between uniformed men and citizens, Nigerians were teargassed and one photo purportedly showed a man shot in the leg. Some protesters were also arrested and taken away in a Black Maria.

Also, prior to the protest, Omoyele Sowore - the organiser of the Revolution Now protest and former presidential aspirant - was arrested by the DSS and is still in custody.
These, combined, created tension in the country and has been the topic of most conversations.

Reacting to the chaos, actress Iretiola Doyle tweeted; "It doesn't matter where you stand politically, you have to admit (at the very least) that it's a curious case when a nation deploys its security apparatus against unarmed citizens while armed bandits roam free; killing, stealing and destroying at will."

Her tweet quickly went viral and she soon shared a follow-up post that reads: "For the avoidance of doubt and for those who still choose to intentionally misconstrue my words; let me make it abundantly clear: I am not PDP, APC or any of the P's. I am NIGERIAN - Yoruba by birth, Northern by assimilation and Igbo by association."

https://www.hitng.info/2019/08/iretiola-doyle-weighs-in-on.html

This lady works for NIMASA I think, can't confirm
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Thinkfree(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
Protest or revolution? The government is looking at word revelution.

1 Like

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
Madam expect DSS at your osapa london flat
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by Edyice: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
When Tinubu and co was disturbing and deceiving us angry

Your can SEE oshibajo shining his thirty-eight teeth grin

Now lia Mohammed has hide himself

While lifeless dullard has been successful with his every day murder grin

1 Like

Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by BlackfireX: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

Typical Igbo Catholic

Thank you jare Yoruba suni moslem.

Omo ERU grin
Re: Iretiola Doyle Weighs In On The #revolutionnow Protest by flex04(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chidinma Kedike Dazzles In New Black Stylish Outfit / Oscar Udofia Is Dead / Funke Akindele Puts Up A Smile In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.