Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) (59318 Views)

Is Sowore Protesting For Nigerians Or For Selfish Interest? (photo) / Young Sowore Fighting For Democracy With M.K.O Abiola / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 10:05am On Aug 07, 2019
abayomilaws:

How did sowore play into the hands of buhari? So he should have sought permission or licence to protest and you expected buhari or any government to licence what will discredit their government. From time immemorial , freedom is not freely given by the oppressors but must be fought for by the oppressed. Even the mighty Nelson Mandela, indefatigable Martin Luther King Jnr and even pious Mahatma Ghandi broke many laws in the process of fighting for change and revolution. That Is how history is being made.. Thanks to Buhari , he will help make Sowore an hero or maybe a Matyr... Please support good thing for once...

He played himself the very moment he made inciteful declaration tapes, and for your information all protest require consent of the state police commisioner or it would be termed unlawful gathering... mandela and all people you mentioned where fighting for human right that has already been institutionalized through an international un treaty, sowore is fighting to disrupt democratic governance which no international body would support...

a simple visit to his lawyers office before making any declaration would have given him little sense on what to say and how to say it without breaking any law
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Sowore is Ijaw, his surname.

Omoleye is his Yoruba name, most Apoi Ijaw bear Yoruba names

Thank you.

Some dumb people will see omagbemi and think the person must be Yoruba.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2019
anonimi:

Northern Nigeria, Eastern Nigeria and Western Nigeria. No so e go be last last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ElsonMorali: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2019
[quote author=tigerclaws post=81022889][s]
[s]fela - a yeroba traditionalist = real yeroba

Gani fawehinmi - yeroba Christian = real yeroba

Wole soyinka - yeroba traditionalist/atheist = real yeroba

You see, no yeroba Muslim here because
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in south west

kiss the truth[[/s]/quote]

I don't even know why I'm reply this gibberish but it'd be nice if you could mention some of your ancestors that were brave enough to face military and civilian government's and fought for the Nigerian people.

If you can reply sensibly don't just bother.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:09am On Aug 07, 2019
ElsonMorali:

He's Yoruba.

Can a Yoruba man bear Ijaw or Igbo names?

His first name is very Yoruba.

His family name is very Yoruba.

What's your conclusion bro?
What is the meaning of Sowore in yoruba?

So Ijaws don't bear Igbo first names in Rivers state? Does that make them Igbo

Even Jonathan's first name is Azikiwe.

Or do some Edos don't bear Yoruba first name again? i.e Toyin Ayimaku, Bose the mother of Bunna boy? etc
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Paxie55: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2019
anonimi:

He is fighting for Nigeria freedom, which currently includes the Igbo states where some people call themselves Biafra.

Whatever dude!! How many Yorubas fought for the release of NK when he was in prison?
It's not by force to support him as I feel so indifferent about the whole rigmarole. Most Yorubas scold and vilified his actions, you should channel your anger towards them and the people that supported this govt. I'm in my Biafra land abeg. I don't need unnecessary headache.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by donaldde2: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2019
Dis guys has always stand and fight for better Nigeria since his early 30... what your hypocrite grandfather cant do. and u started the hypocrite again.

I got so tired and angry when i hear all dis hypocrite always say dis country will be good one day, and dats what dia grandfather has always said before their father were given birth, and you hypocrite has inherit it now.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tempusfugit: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2019
Lets us share this pictures in one way or the other to all social media

3 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:10am On Aug 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Thank you.

Some dumb people will see omagbemi and think the person must be Yoruba.
Omagbemi is Ishekiri now.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by pongwa(m): 10:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Oh George 'Africa' Iwilade! Young man cut down so soon. You will rise again #oaugreats

2 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 07, 2019
This guy should join the APC, maybe it'll give him a better platform to revolutionise us
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ElsonMorali: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What is the meaning of Sowore in yoruba?

So Ijaws don't bear Igbo first names in Rivers state? Does that make them Igbo

Even Jonathan's first name is Azikiwe.

Or do some Edos don't bear Yoruba first name again? i.e Toyin Ayimaku, Bose the mother of Bunner boy? etc

Sowore - se owo re. That's the break down.

You don't realise how close Yoruba and Edo or Benin people are. Benin- Ile ibinu.

Look, I'm not going to prolong this issue.

When you've given birth to your kids give them Fulani names and you can do change of family name while you're also at it.

I'm done arguing. He is an Ijaw man.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by oyatz(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2019
It is Sowore and NOT his kids that is an activist.

...By the way, why didn't your dad send you to school in New York? At least he isn't an activist.

Tina26:
there i no real activist in Nigeria. Sowore why are your kids in new york

4 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by alexvatt(m): 10:15am On Aug 07, 2019
beardedboy:
People always have this belief that all protesters are right and should be given what they want. Unfortunately this isn't correct.

During my NYSC I met a guy, we called him agitator. This guy made me know how most activists think.

According to them, government is a devil and must be fought. "A snake will always be poisonous no matter what" Agitator told me.

I tried to tell him that our leaders are people like us, they are our brothers and we should treat them as such. How can you change people when you treat them like devils and you even call them devils. If love and peace can't get you something, obviously hate and aggression will only make your situation worse.

Then I interviewed many people randomly, "if you had the chance to meet your state governor personally what would you discuss with him?"
Their answers were almost the same: "I'll ask him to give me job" that was the sanest of the answers I got. Many had more absurd responses. To be candid, requesting for a job is not in the interest of the public, it's a personal interest! So you see that we have a culture of selfishness and corruption.

So if an activist had the chance to meet a governor or president, they would ask for a government portfolio. Oshiomole is a good example. If you knew this man's agitation during Obasanjo's era you wouldny expect him to support any government. But here he is today, forming Superman.

I don't blame those politicians much, I blame the hypocrites amongst us who have access to our politicians but hide the truth in exchange for coins. They exist in every tribe.

So ask yourself sincerely, if you were to meet your state governor today, what would you tell him?
U are very correct, only Gani Fawehinmi, Fela, Pro. Wole Shoyinka etc, are the Activists who are not selfish.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 10:15am On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Omagbemi is Ishekiri now.

I know but some people will think it is a Yoruba name, same with sowore
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by donaldde2: 10:16am On Aug 07, 2019
Paxie55:

Whatever dude!! How many Yorubas fought for the release of NK when he was in prison?
It's not by force to support him as I feel so indifferent about the whole rigmarole. Most Yorubas scold and vilified his actions, you should channel your anger towards them and the people that supported this govt. I'm in my Biafra land abeg. I don't need unnecessary headache.

Fighting for Revelation ( One nigeria ) is quiet diff from fight for Biafra ( separation), okay? Common sense is not common

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2019
[s][quote author=ElsonMorali post=81023119][/quote][/s]
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

He played himself the very moment he made inciteful declaration tapes, and for your information all protest require consent of the state police commisioner or it would be termed unlawful gathering... mandela and all people you mentioned where fighting for human right that has already been institutionalized through an international un treaty, sowore is fighting to disrupt democratic governance which no international body would support...

a simple visit to his lawyers office before making any declaration would have given him little sense on what to say and how to say it without breaking any law

So the killings and insecurity is the dividends of democracy that you must enjoy. SMH
Una never see anything. Somalia will be seasame street compared to whats coming to that shithole. In fact by the time the shít really hits the fan, the term shithole will be a compliment

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2019
fortran12:

Gani was a muslim
probably he converted to Islam
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by anonimi: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2019
yuppy101:
Northern Nigeria, Eastern Nigeria and Western Nigeria. No so e go be last last.

Amen.
It can't happen soon enough though. I wish it happened already.
Scenes like below can be limited to where they like to roam around with cows. Not in the south.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9939634_9780681fbimg15625100390121313jpegc1e819f4d8f21295749257dbb3f297e8_jpeg_jpegd0383ff186dd68600a3115fa7c5d5eb3

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2019
smiley
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Sowore - se owo re. That's the break down.

You don't realise how close Yoruba and Edo or Benin people are. Benin- Ile ibinu.

Look, I'm not going to prolong this issue.

When you've given birth to your kids give them Fulani names and you can do change of family name while you're also at it.

I'm done arguing. He is an Ijaw man.
Breakdown koo Move up nii ! grin Ijakule Jalule etc can be used to express break down in the Yoruba language.

Sowore is just like Oyegun, Oshomole that sounds like Yoruba but actually has no direct meaning in the Yoruba language.

@ emboldened is just butressing my point

Apois have also lived in Yoruba land for centuries with some even venturing into Ife, hence many of them have adopted Yoruba first name and speak the Yoruba language perfectly.

Something similar can be observed in Kwara state where majority of the Fulanis and Baribas there bear Yoruba first names and Fulani surnames..
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by DAYOODS(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2019
tintingz:
Sowore has been an activist for long time, arresting him is not a new thing to activist, infact it's a trap and will even boost his popularity.

You got it
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by sevunteen(m): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2019
Tina26:
there i no real activist in Nigeria. Sowore why are your kids in new york

So he should put his childrens at risk. Nigeria isn't really safe, he is against the government, kidnapping everywhere...

Na wa for you o, if you have the means, won't you send your kids outside to get the best education

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by chijioke17(m): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Some of the people arrested are Igbos

I thought Igbos own 80% of Lagos and are about 70% of Lagos population according to igbos during the last election. grin
This has nothing to do with the post, don't be a tribal bigot at every opportunity, there is no gain to it
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Eteka1(m): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2019
royal200:
Now some of the so called youth,the elder of this fucking country will say sowore is fighting for himself, its Yoruba fight only,it was because he lose election,its was he doesnt get ministerial appointment,this and that.This country is beyond repairs,mumu youth allover.How many of your elders has started fighting for common man since he was young and are still on it...
Why did he not call for revolution before or during the election which he contested, why did he congratulate Buhari for his victory, why did he not call for revolution till after his name was not on the Ministerial list? Abeg na question I de ask o!
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 10:24am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

like i said , he should have a lawyer at his pre planing and consultation phase, for all we know falana a reputable san can never watch his client make a blunder of threatening a goverment change through undemocratic means or threatening suicide (which is an actual crime) on tape...

Zakzaky had his issue with kaduna state government and not Buhari or the FG,

You cant say "he should have a lawyer at his pre-planning..." Should pre-supposes he didn't. You can't say this with certainty, can you? Were you part of the planning?
ElZakzaky was in court and then later detention against the Federal Government, not Kaduna State Government.

Demanding a change in government is not illegal in the ambit of the Nigerian constitution). Until DSS proves in a Court of Law, you and the Government cannot state that he threatened a change through undemocratic means. That is convicting him before his day before a judge

Is he being charged for attempted suicide? Then how is that an undemocratic change of government...

As I said, don't let us all play and replay the narrative of the State (DSS, FG and PoliceNG) by re-echoing what they said.

PS: I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM AT THE LAST ELECTION. I AM NOT HIS FAN. I STAND WITH RULE OF LAW AS THE CONSTITUTION SPELLS IT OUT AND NOT AS THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT INTERPRETES IT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

So the killings and insecurity is the divinends of democracy that you must enjoy. SMH
Una never see anything. Somalia will be seasame street compared to whats coming to that shithole. In fact by the time the shít really hits the fan, the term shithole will be a compliment

well positivity gets you good energy, what ever you call for yourself is what you get in the universe, me and my family are not in a shiithole but a growing third war country and we are grateful to God for that, as for the killing and insecuirity, it is a problem that must be fixed through economic drive and job creation and not stupid proclamation of war or anarchy...
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by GreyLaw(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2019
ElsonMorali:

He's Yoruba.
Can a Yoruba man bear Ijaw or Igbo names?
His first name is very Yoruba.
His family name is very Yoruba.
What's your conclusion bro?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omoyele_Sowore
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by GreyLaw(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2019
I salute Sowore's courage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha's First Outing After Sack By Supreme Court / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria / Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.