Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now (4751 Views)

Jonathan: We Know Something They Don't Know - Bashir Ahmad / Goodluck Jonathan: We Are In Trouble, Nigeria’s Unity Questionable / Jonathan: We Didn’t Completely Plug The Loopholes In Fight Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by wirinet(m): 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
GEJ needs to explain to Nigerians why he ordered the police to lock up the national assembly and teargassed legislators, preventing them from doing their constitutional duties. - https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/171692-photo-news-teargas-fence-jumping-police-brutality-nigerias-national-assembly.html%3famp_markup=1

If Buhari should try that today, we will be hearing shouts of revolution from PDP and it's supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by hustler86(m): 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
Records don't forget if OP have forgotten

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by oyatz(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
Please mention three ground breaking achievements of Jonathan in the S/East between May 05,2010- May29,2015.

Bede2u:
so oil was above 100 only from 2011 to 2013? U see u were wrong earlier.

Pls which govt official under gej accused northerners of being terrorists or are we now blaming gej for internet trolls...wow thats a new one.

Ok so 50kg of rice wasnt 3k in 2009. Good to know u were wrong.

Not really...under obj, oil was not the driver of our economy...it was dominated by service sector...gej was a weak president no doubt but gej's era was better for infrastructure while obj era was better for economy...both eras are better than wat we have nw.

Am not pdp or apc..just a concerned nigerian/biafran. I voted idiot buhari in 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Bede2u(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
oyatz:
Please mention three ground breaking achievements of Jonathan in the S/East between May 05,2010- May29,2015.

the starting and 80% completion of the international wing of enugu airport and the designation of enugu aiport 'international'

The revamping of enugu-portharcourt rail and introduction of new coaches

The construction of enugu/ebonyi/crossriver highway (now called gej boulivard)

Construction of Alex Ekwueme federal uni ebonyi
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by oyatz(m): 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
So these are what you called ground breaking sir?

The whole world can now see the reason why this is not a great Country. The citizens of this Country genuflect to mediocrity!

Designating a particular Airport as International Airport is an achievement
The same airport that was flooded after spending billions on its "International wing'' without completing it despite being in power for 5 solid years?

Bede2u:
the starting and 80% completion of the international wing of enugu airport and the designation of enugu aiport 'international'

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Afamed: 12:02am On Aug 08, 2019
Bede2u:

Don't forget to add, completion of second Niger bridge. Schmuck
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Bede2u(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2019
oyatz:

The whole world can now see the reason why this is not a great Country. The citizens of this Country genuflect to mediocrity!

The same airport that was flooded after spending billions on its "International wing'' without completing it despite being in power for 5 solid years?

name 3 groundbreaking projects of buhari in sw

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Bede2u(m): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2019
Afamed:

why would i add that...he didnt build it...i said the ones he built
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by oyatz(m): 2:45am On Aug 08, 2019
I know you can NOT change.

This is NOT a Jonathan Vs Buhari narrative. I asked you to list Jonathan's achievements in the S/East because of the wrong statement you made that his administration was a period of infrastructural development.

I strongly supported Jonathan in 2009- 2011 and expected more from him because;

* He was the most educated President
* He had the best experience in a democratic setting
* I believed he made it to the President largely on Divine Providence, he is a man of Destiny
* Most importantly, he was from the most marginalized region of Nigeria and from a minority tribe.
I expected him to write many wrongs right in the land.

Sir, it very wrong to assume that anyone who criticize the Government is a supporter of the opposition e.g any Citizen who criticize Jonathan must be a fan of Buhari/APC or any Citizen criticizing Buhari must be a fan/supporter of Jonathan/PDP.

Both Buhari and Jonathan are NOT great leaders that can take Nigeria out of the woods.

Bede2u:
name 3 groundbreaking projects of buhari in sw
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:03am On Aug 08, 2019
Abdul05:
So and so, Baba johna' regime was a colossal failure.it was a dramatic end of deceit,bad faith,massive looting,massive killing in bornu and misdirection.the ship of the nation was heading for the Rocks.Thank God for tinubu and his henchmen.
Has the killing in Borno stop?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:05am On Aug 08, 2019
Abdul05:
So and so, Baba johna' regime was a colossal failure.it was a dramatic end of deceit,bad faith,massive looting,massive killing in bornu and misdirection.the ship of the nation was heading for the Rocks.Thank God for tinubu and his henchmen.
Has the killing in Borno stop?
Misdirection I guess you are enjoying where lifeless is taking us to abi?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Bede2u(m): 3:08am On Aug 08, 2019
oyatz:
I know you can NOT change.

This is NOT a Jonathan Vs Buhari narrative. I asked you to list Jonathan's achievements in the S/East because of the wrong statement you made that his administration was a period of infrastructural development.

I strongly supported Jonathan in 2009- 2011 and expected more from him because;

* He was the most educated President
* He had the best experience in a democratic setting
* I believed he made it to the President largely on Divine Providence, he is a man of Destiny
* Most importantly, he was from the most marginalized region of Nigeria and from a minority tribe.
I expected him to write many wrongs right in the land.

Sir, it very wrong to assume that anyone who criticize the Government is a supporter of the opposition e.g any Citizen who criticize Jonathan must be a fan of Buhari/APC or any Citizen criticizing Buhari must be a fan/supporter of Jonathan/PDP.

Both Buhari and Jonathan are NOT great leaders that can take Nigeria out of the woods.

i said gej era witnessed better infrastructure....i didnt say gej administration....the reason is because states like enugu, akwaibom, lagos and kano never had it better than btw 2007 to 2015 in terms of infrastructure...the current govs are not doing great. Gej era had more money and saw more infrastructure overall whether at state or federal or local level or even legislator constituency project level...doesnt matter. Gej era is better overall

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Staro: 4:28am On Aug 08, 2019
Exactly
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 4:50am On Aug 08, 2019
Vixlot:
Jonathan need to explain why a State Governor could not have freedom of movement but Buhari never did
amaechi had no right to be there because it was election time and he can't vote in that state. There's also a security report that he was carrying billions of naira in his car and the law duely stepped in to bust it.

Las Las, if any opposition governor tried it today, he will be arrested even as a sitting governor and declare him to be funding terrorism and charge him with treason.

If you remind them that the fellow is a sitting governor with immunity, buhari will tell you national security supercedes any immunity
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 4:54am On Aug 08, 2019
Vixlot:
Jonathan should explain what happened here
Protesters were dispersed with teargas but the current president who seems to like bloodshed of the citizens he swore to protect fires live amunition to kill the protesters.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 4:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Vixlot:
Jonathan needs to explain this, while Buhari never did
Sensational headlines by Tinubu owned media. Was Tinubu ever under house arrest or his movement curtailed in any way?
Was it buhari that unleashed soldiers and DSS on Wike and the people of River State during the last election? Did you not watch the show of shame on international TV?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:07am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:

And under GEJ...bombs in Kano, Kaduna, FCT Abuja, Jos, etc...plus Yobe, Borno, and Adamawa were under Boko.

And you his supporters were blaming APC for the crisis.

Now Buahri is in charge , you are rightly blaming him for the crisis. Yet, when we criticised GEJ , we were Boko suppoorters. (And fyi..Bubu too has not done a good enough job on securuty, and RUGA is not the solution).
. Hahahaahah..bubu is Messiah. Remember the body odour he came with and how things started to improve magically because of his body odour.

Except you are a teenager, I don't need to remind you how APC ably led by buhari condemned the fight against Boko Haram. They critized the government when BH was proclaimed a terrorist group. Have you forgotten the role borno governor played in the chibok saga?

APC planned and executed the chibok issue and it worked perfectly for their plans. They also hijacked the bbog group, only to teargas Ezekwesili as soon as they got power.

Butday, the monster they created has borne more evil children called RUGA, bandits and fulani herdsmen.

Who is hurt most now, Jonathan or the abookis?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:17am On Aug 08, 2019
Afamed:
The PDP supporters have short memory.
You wish... When APC was busy reeling out promises to massage your empty skull, you were hoping sensible people won't call them out when it's time? A sensible government will fix the power issues within six months...hahaha

I will defeat BH under three months....

Today, because of buhari's ethnic and religious bigotry, our borders were opened up for all manners of condemned fulani criminals in the whole Sahel region to flood into Nigeria in order to assist their little population here take over our lands forcefully and buhari is assisting them with executive backing.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:24am On Aug 08, 2019
Printerscanner:

Do you mean the below by the puff-puff cheeked world bank house girl?
If you can refer to Ngozi like this, what then will you call kemi Adeosun the yahoo yahoo girl?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:25am On Aug 08, 2019
yarimo:
9 . Goodluck Jonathan need to explain how his petroleum minister stole money from the ministry

10. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to us who are the yam eaters
You are always incoherent. Must you comment?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:28am On Aug 08, 2019
wirinet:
GEJ needs to explain to Nigerians why he ordered the police to lock up the national assembly and teargassed legislators, preventing them from doing their constitutional duties. - https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/171692-photo-news-teargas-fence-jumping-police-brutality-nigerias-national-assembly.html%3famp_markup=1

If Buhari should try that today, we will be hearing shouts of revolution from PDP and it's supporters.
Hahahaha.. buhari has done worse already and when they saw the public outcry, they used the DSS boss as a fall guy. Hahahaahah.. still recent nau
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:33am On Aug 08, 2019
hustler86:
Records don't forget if OP have forgotten
Mistakes are part of human existence and only the strong acknowledge their mistakes and say I'm sorry. Unlike the all-knowing demi gods we have in power now. The reason why they didn't like saraki was because his assembly refused to cover the thieving executive. If not for that assembly, how would we have known about the "grasscutter" for example and other numerous stealing exposed by saraki and his goons?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 08, 2019
Gandollaar:
. Hahahaahah..bubu is Messiah. Remember the body odour he came with and how things started to improve magically because of his body odour.

Except you are a teenager, I don't need to remind you how APC ably led by buhari condemned the fight against Boko Haram. They critized the government when BH was proclaimed a terrorist group. Have you forgotten the role borno governor played in the chibok saga?

APC planned and executed the chibok issue and it worked perfectly for their plans. They also hijacked the bbog group, only to teargas Ezekwesili as soon as they got power.

Butday, the monster they created has borne more evil children called RUGA, bandits and fulani herdsmen.

Who is hurt most now, Jonathan or the abookis?

APC is just like PDP to me

Good morning to you too.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Gandollaar(f): 5:58am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:

APC is just like PDP to me

Good morning to you too.
How can APC and PDP be the same when APC is a saints party? You knew this much but it took you four years to say so.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Fashdeejay(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2019
Abdul05:
The reason why the country keeps diving down the abyss of poverty and bad governance is because of people like you who have failed to see the truth... and even though you see it, you keep making excuses why it is better for you to believe in the lie told to you...
You are a *FAILED NIGERIAN*. And u live in a failed state.... Everything the poster wrote... is worthy of deep thought... but the tribalistic and religious biases of your mindset will not let you think right.... I do hope someday you'll realise that you are selling the rights of your children and their children....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by xelly: 6:11am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:
Hmm, let's have some fun.(DISCLAIMER....I don't like APC or PDP....and I think Bubu is wrong for Nigeria...so don't go there.

OK....

1.Fuel was N65 till 2012 when it went up briefly to N140 then to N97 TILL 2015 when it went to N87 (NOT N86

2.Even then, MOST MARKETERS outside Lagos, and Abuja and the majors were selling above N100 as early as 2014...as seen in this Vanguard article...

3.The truth is that subsidy was not sustainable, that's why prices went above N97 even as early as 2014. And that was why GEJ wanted to riase prices as high as N140 PER LITER....IN 2012...because his economists saw the coming storm....and warned him. (Even chaps like the Emir of Kano, not a GEJ fan, to this day support fuel subsidy removal)

LOL......DSS that was hounding opposition activists. The Police that was arresting opposition activists. PG's special attack dog J.Mbu that jailed a journalist from Raypower for a 'joke'?? DSS that invaded APC HQ for opposition registration records? Tell us another story!

GEJ whose entourage was calling Northern opponetnts TERRORISTS?? GEJ, whose wife on LIVE TV Called the chibok issue a scam, and a plot against her husband ? Tell us another one? GEJ who even shot at IMN guys in 2014 (not that I disagreee with that one), etc??

The same bag of rice that sold for N3K in 2009? OK...go read about inflation..

And subsequently, we cannot adequately fund educaiton in Nigeria because the number of universites are too many. And that accusation goes to Buhari too....Buhari is building universites that our money cannot cater for. No wonder ASUU keeps on going on strike.

Erm, good job...but he does not need to explain why he did what he was suppsoed to do?

Simple. Oil prices between 2011-14 were above $100. Oil prices under Buhari were $30-80. GEJ had more dolalrs to buffer the naira. Bubu doesn't It does not mean either of them have any good idea to run our economy (both are bad leaders who keep us dependent on oil).

No1...while most Nigerians were still poor? No 1 on the basis of high oil prices? Don't make me laugh.

Anyway, Nigeria needs a leader who would be bold enough to remiove subsides on petrol and power...so that we can attract investment and jobs. PDP and APC aren't it.

Kindly answer this. Then and now, which is better? Does your writeup make sense to you?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by xelly: 6:15am On Aug 08, 2019
oyatz:

What has the slowpoke dividing our country done for you? Does he value your region?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 08, 2019
xelly:

Kindly answer this. Then and now, which is better? Does your writeup make sense to you?

If you did not see the part where I said PDP and APC aren't it....then sorry, can't help you.

OK....to reiterate...APC and PDP are the same to me. This thread was about GEJ's legacy, which is why I answered it.

Good morning.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Lyon4953: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2019
My Party is not PDP or APC. It is NIGERIA.
General Buhari's Party is not APC or PDP. It is his people: HERDSMEN.
Bola Tinubu's Party is not APC or PDP. It is his 2023 AMBITION.
Yemi Osinbajo's Party is not APC or PDP. It is Bola Tinubu.
Nasir El-Rufai's Party is not APC or PDP. It is Nasir El-Rufai.
Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga and Femi Otedola's Parties are not APC or PDP. It is OWO, EGO, KUDI.
Adams Oshiomhole's Party is not APC or PDP. It is overcoming his inferiority complex.
It is you the MASSES who fight yourselves on the basis of PDP/APC.
Political parties are just masks that hide peoples INTERESTS. Both the PDP and the APC and other parties are simply VEHICLES that people ride to get to their DESTINATIONS. Don't be FIXATED on the VEHICLE. FOCUS on the DESTINATION
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by tsdarkside(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2019
wirinet:

they didnt took it....

kiiikikiki....

chai....that was a strange drama.....legislators climbing gate....

hilarious....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by tsdarkside(m): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2019
Afamed:

don mind dem...because they hate buhari,they would prefer a incompetent nobody....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by tsdarkside(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Fashdeejay:

The reason why the country keeps diving down the abyss of poverty and bad governance is because of people like you who have failed to see the truth... and even though you see it, you keep making excuses why it is better for you to believe in the lie told to you...
You are a *FAILED NIGERIAN*. And u live in a failed state.... Everything the poster wrote... is worthy of deep thought... but the tribalistic and religious biases of your mindset will not let you think right.... I do hope someday you'll realise that you are selling the rights of your children and their children....

park....!!

cry us a river....

no matter what una say,jonathan was a dunce,is still a dunce and will stay a dunce....!!

now,bite us....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ESN Member Constructs Fighther Jet In Enugu - VIDEO, PICTURES / Nasarawa People Clean And Disinfect Road After Tinubu Visited The State / P Square: An Illiterate Musician?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.