Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] (35923 Views)

Kenyan Senator, Nyamu Karen, Kicked Out Of The Chambers For Indecent Dressing / Youths In Ghana Reject Salah Rice Donated By A Member Of Parliament / Condester Sichwale Thrown Out Of Tanzanian Parliament For Wearing Tight Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
spyg1:
That's NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, not breastfeeding sensitization program or workshop

National Assembly is a work place. Recommendations includes providing designated private
space for breastfeeding or expressing milk. That means a mother can carry her child to work
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
jamace:
Breastfeeding inside the chamber.? Habaa, reason am well na....

National Assembly is a work place. Recommendations includes providing designated private
space for breastfeeding or expressing milk. That means a mother can carry her child to work
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by jamace(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
Shayetet13:

Ok, a private place but not inside the chamber.
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by aviato(m): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
KanuSE:

I would expect the lawmaker to have a nanny @least as bringing her baby to the chamber doesn't have any beneficial message whatsoever but would only interrupt with the serious business of governance in the house.
It is not easy getting a nanny at short notice sometimes, will you then leave the child alone in the house?
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Antichristus: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nigerians see yourselves on the world stage, exressing stupid and silly ideas in this time and age. You’re 3 centuries behind th3 rest of the world. No wonder every other ‘race’ - Caucasians, Arabs and Asians see Africans as inferior.
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by tigerclaws: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

Typical example of a troll - go get a job ok.
[/s]
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
jamace:
Ok, a private place but not inside the chamber.

she won't be working in the private place. It's only for breastfeeding. However, she takes her baby to work in order to breastfeed when the need arises
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
All these Muslims sef

waiting for Prof Ishaq Akintola to speak for her from here
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Fraiser(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
nawa o so this old woman still dey nack
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by mrpaedo(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
Antichristus:
Nigerians see yourselves on the world stage, exressing stupid and silly ideas in this time and age. You’re 3 centuries behind th3 rest of the world. No wonder every other ‘race’ - Caucasians,
Arabs and Asians see Africans as inferior.
Shut Up your ignorant face!
The situation happened in Kenya not Nigeria.
How many female Asian,European amd south american politicians have you seen taking a baby and breastfeeding it in a chamber?
That Australian female PM action was completely unprofessional thesame as the Kenyan female lawmaker.
You dumb herd follower angry

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Olalekanharoon(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
An Australian official carried her baby to address the parliament sometimes last year....before you start crying Africa yen yen
Although it's not appropriate but it's not an African syndrome
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by magicminister: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
SOFTDRINK:
All these women and their penchant for attention and victim mentality.

Why not drop the child with a doctor if the child is sick?

Why not drop the child with a nanny if the child is not sick?

Must everything be about "because I'm a woman"?

A baby is not a car that you leave at the mechanic (doctor) and come back in 5 hrs to pick it up.
Bro, I guess you came from a decent family, what do you think your mom would do if she was in that woman’s position? Do you think your loving mother would leave you at the mercy of strangers??

Let’s learn to empathize with others because no be everything wey be like kpomo be kpomo
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by OyiboOyibo(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

THAT IS THE MADNESS OF A 21ST CENTURY WOMAN

TOTAL RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Leo588(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
Shayetet13:
This is so bad. Not baby friendly at all. Organisations are encouraged to promote breast feeding in the work place. Breastfeeding has immeasurable benefits to the mother, the child and the society.
Where is this one coming from embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by SOFTDRINK: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
magicminister:

A baby is not a car that you leave at the mechanic (doctor) and come back in 5 hrs to pick it up.
Bro, I guess you came from a decent family, what do you think your mom would do if she was in that woman’s position? Do you think your loving mother would leave you at the mercy of strangers??

Let’s learn to empathize with others because no be everything wey be like kpomo be kpomo
What will be your reaction if you go to a bank to complain about a fraud in your account and the customer rep officer has a baby who is fussing and crying in her arm and at the same trying to attend to you?

I totally understand your position on empathy,but leaving the child with somebody in the assembly for some few hours will not hurt the baby.

Besides,she is a "big madam" and many ladies or even men will oblige to help babysit the youngster for few hours for free.

Also,the legislature is not some kind of family meeting where anything can be excused because what is being deliberated there affects millions of lives and needs maximum attention.

I hope you'll still talk about empathy if a doctor has a baby in her arms when she is about operating on your appendicitis?

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Antichristus: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
mrpaedo:
Shut Up your ignorant face!
The situation happened in Kenya not Nigeria.
How many female Asian,European amd south american politicians have you seen taking a baby and breastfeeding it in a chamber?
That Australian female PM action was completely unprofessional thesame as the Kenyan female lawmaker.
You dumb herd follower angry

For what it is worth, nothing in my post suggests this happened in Nigeria. However, I was responding to how Nigerians are reacting to this event, which is what you have also done - demonstrating your utter stupidity, lack of foresight, disrespect for womanhood and motherhood. I maintain, this is backwardness killing you ignoramuses. SEE THE STATE OF YOUR STUPIDITY AS A PEOPLE AND AS A NATION. YOU MIGHT EVEN BE DEAD BEFORE DAWN BECAUSE THE LIFE OF A COW IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HUMAN LIFE. THIS IS THE REALITY OF YOUR STUPID COUNTRY, DAFT CITIZENS AND INSANE LEADERS. IM OFF BUT IT IS IN THAT DUNGEON YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN’S CHILDREN WOULD DWELL ETERNALLY.
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
Leo588:

Where is this one coming from embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

UNICEF
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Sterope(f): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
How can read this news and think it is against children or working women? A child is not supposed to be in the chamber.

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by mrpaedo(m): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
Antichristus:

For what it is worth, nothing in my post suggests this happened in Nigeria. However, I was responding to how Nigerians are reacting to this event, which is what you have also done - demonstrating your utter stupidity, lack of foresight, disrespect for womanhood and motherhood. I maintain, this is backwardness killing you ignoramuses. SEE THE STATE OF YOUR STUPIDITY AS A PEOPLE AND AS A NATION. YOU MIGHT EVEN BE DEAD BEFORE DAWN BECAUSE THE LIFE OF A COW IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HUMAN LIFE. THIS IS THE REALITY OF YOUR STUPID COUNTRY, DAFT CITIZENS AND INSANE LEADERS. IM OFF BUT IT IS IN THAT DUNGEON YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN’S CHILDREN WOULD DWELL ETERNALLY.[/s]
Mtscheww...this one na yaba left escapee

1 Like

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by fujirice: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
mistyebby:

You can choose to be a lawmaker or a nursing mother. If you choose to do both...kudos. But do it seamlessly.

This was uncalled for.

What is uncalled for in her actions here?
Africans are always aggressive to things they can’t explain away at first contact.

https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/politicians-breastfed-babies-parliamentary-5292566/

The link above is a compilation of women parliamentarians who did not only bring their children to a sitting but also breastfed them in the process even while delivering a speech.

Please read and be better informed.
Thank you.
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Adewinner987: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

only if you know what it means to be a mother
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Awoleesu(m): 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hijabites and their sense of entitlement!
Why run for office when you know you are still producing kids?
And who says a woman of her status cannot afford a nanny on the go!

Senselessness!
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by tunary(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nothing person no go see
the thing look so funny
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by Antichristus: 1:01am On Aug 08, 2019
mrpaedo:
[s]
Mtscheww...this one na yaba left escapee

Wole Soyinka is right. You're one of those to whom he refers. Reason no longer appeal to Nigeria's younger generation. Doomed country, dommed generation.

“The first thing is that I have never given a blanket endorsement of youth. I used to exchange friendly disagreements with Tai Solarin from time to time over this. I remember I took him on once when he said, I can die for the young generation, and I said, don’t say that. Don’t be so sweeping in your statement, some of this young generation is treacherous and many of them are only just waiting for their own slice of the national cake.

“But something has been happening to our youth. It’s probably the technological strides in communication and dissemination of information. Far too many of them, empty-headed, really think that they know. They are what I sometimes refer to as the generation of be–the- first- to- comment. It’s like they are sitting down there, they don’t understand the issue somebody has just posited, either as a blog or whatever you people call it, I don’t know– I don’t live in that virtual realm," he added.
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by panafrican(m): 3:53am On Aug 08, 2019
post=81025433:
hummmm...

Africa...
Nonsense.
Stop blaming Africa for no reason .
Why did she come with a baby who will be crying during debates , preventing people from thinking thoroughly when laws that affect the lives of millions of Kenyans are on the table ?
Doesn't she have any niece , cousin , sister, aunt, etc ?
Doesn't she have any money to pay for babysitting?
She is maybe stingy.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by CTPlayer: 4:25am On Aug 08, 2019
She should be home raising her baby.
Re: Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] by SOFTDRINK: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2019
Adewinner987:

only if you know what it means to be a mother
Only if you knew what it means to be a legislator.

Only if you knew what it means to be logical and not emotional.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Otoniel: Colombian Drug Kingpin And Gang Leader Extradited To The US / Nicola Sturgeon: Trump Not Allowed Into Scotland To Escape Biden Inauguration / Israel: Arab Attacker Who Stabbed Four To Death, Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.