Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. (785 Views)

This Is The Type Of Revolution That Will Change Nigeria Forever / Mick Barry TD Demands Release Of 'Revolution Now' Protesters / Revolution Now: DSS Urges Nigerians To Disregard Threat Of Revolution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. by yemex04(m): 11:42am On Aug 07, 2019
I wholeheartedly belong to the school of thought that Nigeria is indeed in need of a form of revolution, considering the state of the nation or the situation she has found herself over the years dated back to post colonial era.Corruption, nepotism, ethnic and religious bigotry and most recently,insecurity continue to be the bane of our existence as a prosperous nation..Also, the fact that we continue to have a recycling of leadership characters as we ve always had since post colonial era, the desire for news set of leaders can never be overemphasized.However, the kind of revolution being canvassed for by group led by Omoyele Sowore a presidential candidate in the last general election can not be the revolution that will change our country's fortune, it will rather worsen the situation..However, Nigeria needs THE REVOLUTION OF THE MINDSETS OF THE YOUTH.
The 2019 general elections presented to us another opportunity to legitimately effect the revolution we so much desire.All we needed to do was to come out en mass to vote for one of the articulated younger candidates but that was not the case.

Interestingly, in that elections, we had a good number of younger and vibrant presidential candidates like Kingsley Moghalu, Fela Durotoye, Omoyele Sowore etc but we as youth did little or nothing to support any of these candidate

It's on record that that the youth constitute the largest unit of the Country's population.Why have failed to use this strength to our advantages by supporting a youth in that election, not just by talking online but by also speaking with our ballots??

I was a Presiding Officer in that elections..I served in Irele LG of Ondo State.The said LG borders Sowore's Ese-odo LG. In my polling unit, there were;
315regd voters
157acredt voters(90women, 67men)
out of the 157 accredited, just about 25 were youth!! the rest were older people including those very advanced in age!!
Even the about 25youth were just political parties thugs! they were not as sophisticated as the ones we have on Nairaland! I wonder where the keyboard warriors were!! I was shocked and dissapointed..Imagine members of Nairaland voting for a youth Moghalu..it would have gone a long way!!
But we can still get THAT REVOLUTION BY:

Youth flooding the major political parties especially PDP and APC..this make us influence descision making in the processes that produce parties candidates for election

Mobilizing youth to come out en mass to vote for young and new candidate with well articulated programmes.

Sensitization on the way they view politics..we can not continue seat on the fence by wishing and clamouring..we must participate!!! ..The above are some of the ways we can use to effect the revolution we so much need in this country..The one embark by Sowore will only worsen situations.Thank you.

Olayiwola Olayemi
olayiwolaolayemi7@gmail.com
Re: The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. by Corona22: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2020
Lol so you are in support of a revolution and you are still yarning dust.
God go punish you. Bastard asshole

2 Likes

Re: The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. by yemex04(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
Corona22:
Lol so you are in support of a revolution and you are still yarning dust.
God go punish you. Bastard asshole

Lols.. Without doubt, I am sure you have comprehension problem.
Re: The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. by Corona22: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
yemex04:

Lols.. Without doubt, I am sure you have comprehension problem.
I don’t have a comprehension problem sir
I’m much smarter than you think, that’s why I know you and people like you are the problem of the country. You are the ones that instill doubts in the mind of people , divide them with contrary opinion and strive to deposit that opinion as fact into another person mind. The entire country is clamoring for change. You said they should stop. I hope you are 45 and above cos if not you are a very wicked individual

1 Like

Re: The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. by yemex04(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2020
Corona22:

I don’t have a comprehension problem sir
I’m much smarter than you think, that’s why I know you and people like you are the problem of the country. You are the ones that instill doubts in the mind of people , divide them with contrary opinion and strive to deposit that opinion as fact into another person mind. The entire country is clamoring for change. You said they should stop. I hope you are 45 and above cos if not you are a very wicked individual

Read very well the kind of revolution I have been clamouring for.. If you also read very well you would realize that much like every other well meaning Nigerians I have been yearning for status quo to change and what I did in this thread was to suggest in my opinion the ways to change the status quo.. You would also recall that while making my comments, I did not insult, abuse or called you names..

But one thing I learnt from you and others that can not make their opinions known without insulting or abuse those with divergent opinions with theirs is that, there's really no difference between you or them and the leaders you castigate so much.. You accused those in position of authority of being tyrants and intolerant of freedom of speech but you are here spitting venoms at others who do not see things exactly your ways.. what this means is if you and your like find yourselves in those positions you would be far worse than those you are castigating..

Meanwhile, I am just 30 not 45 as you asumed but I have learnt how to balance my emotions with reality

Good luck to you sir.
Re: The Kind Of Revolution That Nigeria Needs. by Corona22: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
Very well. You’ve made a point. And I just realized that people are entitled to opinions. Do you.
P.S I did not insult you. I called you names , names that accurately described the kind of appearance you were giving out vis a vis your utterances on the the other thread.
Good luck.

yemex04:

Read very well the kind of revolution I have been clamouring for.. If you also read very well you would realize that much like every other well meaning Nigerians I have been yearning for status quo to change and what I did in this thread was to suggest in my opinion the ways to change the status quo.. You would also recall that while making my comments, I did not insult, abuse or called you names..

But one thing I learnt from you and others that can not make their opinions known without insulting or abuse those with divergent opinions with theirs is that, there's really no difference between you or them and the leaders you castigate so much.. You accused those in position of authority of being tyrants and intolerant of freedom of speech but you are here spitting venoms at others who do not see things exactly your ways.. what this means is if you and your like find yourselves in those positions you would be far worse than those you are castigating..

Meanwhile, I am just 30 not 45 as you asumed but I have learnt how to balance my emotions with reality

Good luck to you sir.

(1) (Reply)

See The New Massive And Beautiful Dangi 3 In 1 Flyover/underpass Project By Gand / JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Sets To Speak At United Nations Convention(photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Blast Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.