Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case (49293 Views)

Busola Dakolo: Police Forced Me To Sign Letter Countering Rape Case / Busola Dakolo And Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation: 5 Shocking Things / Busola Dakolo: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA - Timi Dakolo Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by lexy2014: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
obailala:
Whether its true or not is not the issue here... Someone tells you they were 'accosted' on the road and 'forced' to do something,. The first question you're asking in your bid to prove the person wrong is "why weren't you with your lawyer?" How exactly is that a sensible question?

It is a sensible question cos after such an encounter if it ever happened, first thing or second thing to do is to contact her lawyer who will take it up with d police. But as usual, they run to social media with one story or another

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Rajiokazaki(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wisdomval67:

You are really a funny man, it either you are a pastor, police or cozy member or a rapist too. You are saying the president and his wife knows about this. They could take a letter to their home. But they can’t call the man for questioning. Please use your brain if you are an elderly man.

It is just the truth. Common sense isn’t really common. My question is why has your faithful Nigeria police not call this man for questioning. Abi he his above the law?
......have you been following me comments? ... president and his wife? who spoke about that?... you really can't hold down a conversation without using insultive terms.... and you expect the police to come out to say they have invited the accused for questioning or that the man would say if he has been invited for questioning ? .. that the would chooses to use media doesn't mean everyone would do same...... and debating diplomatically is a skill...you should learn it...

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by bakescos01: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wisdomval67:

It is just the truth. Common sense isn’t really common. My question is why has your faithful Nigeria police not call this man for questioning. Abi he his above the law?

To answer your question, Nigerian Police already called him for questioning and they have his statement. Also, let me enlighten you about this, not every issue makes it to the internet. Fatoyinbo, don't need to come online and tell you he has already been questioned because the case is in court and also the police don't need to come out and inform you or anyone about the development cos the case is in court. It is only the Dakolo's that come online instead of taking the case to the appropriate agencies. For me as a person, am always skeptical about people that come online to look like an angel because most of them do some shit behind closed doors and claim to be humanitarian and good people on social media. Social media is fake bro. Real-life is real life. Don't judge people by what you see on social media. It can be misleading.

2 Likes

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Rajiokazaki(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
Arewa1408:

Maybe my definition of major road is different from yours. If you live in Lagos i will give you an example, on the island, link roads used to be blocked, now i am talking about MAJOR roads that commercial buses uses, MAJOR LINK roads.
..... yes sir... i stay up north ,,,and closing major roads during jumat has always been the norm...... As in its a norm here ..
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
ChemBrodar:
Nigerians have attacked Busola Dakolo, wife of popular singer, Timi Dakolo, for claiming she was forced to sign a letter countering her allegation that Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) raped her.

Busola, a mother of three, told the Guardian of UK that a silver Toyota tailed her as she was driving home and a white minibus with tinted windows was parked outside her house.

By the time she got to her gate, the minibus with no police markings had blocked her path.

According to her, a man appeared and told her to get out of her car, get into the bus and speak to his boss.

She said when she refused, three men got out of the minibus and walked towards her.

“One was holding a gun, and I noticed a second one holding a letter. They told me they were from IG’s (the inspector general of police) office in Abuja and that I needed to sign this letter and acknowledge it,” Busola said in the interview.

She said it was “extremely intimidating” to have a gunman emerge from a darkened minibus, and that she eventually complied out of shock.

Nigerians on Twitter, apparently in doubt of her story, have begun spitting fire at her family.

Source; https://foxmeek.com/news/busola-dakolo-under-fire-for-claiming-police-forced-her-to-withdraw-rape-case

lol the people blasting were the ones proclaiming courage and strength... I just dey laugh..
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by lexy2014: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
jeruzi:
If she's lying on the Nigerian police, let her be charged to court. There is no need for anyone to defended the police

And if d police did what she said they did, I expected her to mention that her lawyers have since taken it up with d police
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by caprikon: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
cococandy:
I knew there are many rapists and rapist apologists on Nairaland and in Nigeria in general. I never knew there were this many though. What an alarming condition.
It’s saddening and depressing the number of people who will do and say anything to shut an accuser up but claim they want justice. If you really want justice without bias, then let both sides state their cases without trying to shut one party up.

The devil is at work in the hearts of many Nigerians. And this doesn’t matter whether she’s saying the truth or lying because none of you know that for sure. But one thing is sure is that none of you care if she was really raped or not. You just think she should not say it. Otherwise why state for sure that’s she’s lying when you don’t know that?

What a horde of demons.
And I repeat it doesn’t matter specifically in this case if she’s lying or saying the truth. My comment is based on the reactions of you folks who like us do not know for a fact whether she’s lying or not but you’re so willing to give your kidneys to see her burn, No matter what the truth is. Such evil

Beautiful piece.
I have come to realize that most Nigerians are religious but evil.
I am in no position to judge but most "Christians" are more interested in the impact of this on the image of the church.
Nobody cares if the rape claim is genuine.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Rapmoney(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
izzou:

A case where the First Lady of Nigeria is interested in?

The IG will smear his supposed integrity for Busola? grin

You're a clown
Thanks for the response you gave to that person.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by VULCAN(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
So Busola is poor and wretched.

Mtscheww

MachadoPreto:
Coming from people who have never had police case with the rich and affluent.

It's happens every week in Nigeria where people are compelled by the police to sign what they don't know about.

Police will compel you to sign your death warrant if possible.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Leo588(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
ChemBrodar:
More reactions; https://foxmeek.com/news/busola-dakolo-under-fire-for-claiming-police-forced-her-to-withdraw-rape-case

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Later her Pikin go come see ooo...dem go enter cinema people go say chai...eyyyaaaa. C d Pikin wey one pastor rape him mama. Chai

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Iamgrey5(m): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
Thank God I am out of anti spam bots prison for no reason.

To those pathetic aswines spreading fake news. The police forcing them to sign a paper was what transpired the day police with arms came all the way from Abuja to deliver a letter , other news agencies carried it.

https://lailasnews.com/police-forcing-the-dakolos-to-sign-paper-from-igp-report/

However, the case as since taken another dimension after the inspector general of police transferred the case to Lagos. grin

She has not withdrawn her case please

Another despirate attempt by pastor krest to influence public opinion.

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Rajiokazaki(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
caprikon:

Beautiful piece.
I am in no position to judge but most "Christians" are more interested in the impact of this on the image of the church.
........... if we all have to be realistic here,, media trial is no trail, no matter what happened , rape or not, the media isn't going to convict or acquit anybody.... it's the court that does that, ... if the matter is in court fine, if not, let her go to court.. .. you can't pick a quarrel with people for having different opinions

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by jeruzi(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
lexy2014:

And if d police did what she said they did, I expected her to mention that her lawyers have since taken it up with d police
If they really did that to her, do you think she believes she can get justice by talking them to court. I do not support her. But stories of such use of force to get a victim to sign a document which might be a statement abound in Nigeria.......

Ones again, I do not take sides in this matter.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Iamgrey5(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Op, you and your source are obviously biased - she is not under any fire. Many of the posters supported her not to talk of rantings by COZA members. Your article and heading are misleading.

Here are some things real Nigerians are posting not COZA people or paid agents:

“One striking thing about these CONSENSUAL SEX proponents is that they have forgotten something called statutory rape - that Pastor Fatoyinbo was SUPPOSED to be pastor and spiritual father to then YOUNG AND NAIVE BUSOLA. Careful GROOMING made it appear like consensual sex. Betrayal of trust on the part of a pastor should be condemned.”

“There are other more prominent pastors. Ask yourself why this particular one is the one being accused by several women.”

“Fatoyinbo was the high priest of a cult in Ilorin. You can’t attain such position without killing people. He should kindly confess how many people he killed.”

“Once a cultist is always a cultist , forget either pastor or no pastor”. (I do not necessarily agree with this. I put it here to show that such view exists)

“To think that people are still attending that church”

“Sending a truck load of well armed policemen to invite a woman who claimed she was raped is just so very wrong. It says to the woman that the police is working for the accused, otherwise a couple of officers could have stopped by her house to deliver the letter in a none threatening way“

“A civil case local to Lagos that should be answered in a nearby police station in Lagos. How did it become a federal criminal case with lurking armed policemen from the IGP from Abuja suveiling a private citizen’s home and intimidating him to sign a paper to appear in Abuja”
They have simply twisted her interview today and many rape appoligist have keyed into it.

The woman simply narrated what transpired the day the police came to her house with a bus from Abuja, which several news agencies reported on that day.

https://lailasnews.com/police-forcing-the-dakolos-to-sign-paper-from-igp-report/

However, the ridiculous iG changed the story to the fact that she withdrew the case. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by lexy2014: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
jeruzi:
If they really did that to her, do you think she believes she can get justice by talking them to court. I do not support her. But stories of such use of force to get a victim to sign a document which might be a statement abound in Nigeria.......

Ones again, I do not take sides in this matter.

Neither am I taking sides& her lawyer does not necessarily need to take d police to court. A lawyer can always debunk a statement written by a client by saying since d statement wasn't written & signed in d presence of a lawyer, such a statement is invalid as it might have been done under duress. From d lady's latest story, did u c anywhere she mentioned that she contacted her lawyer after d incident?

2 Likes

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Lyns32uk(m): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2019
Bro same with me. My wife and I no ever gree ontop the matter
fukushaki:
I and my wife keep having issues on this Dakolos matter. I told her that Dakolo is the most stupid husband I have ever seen. Rape case is not easy to prove even if it occurred last Sunday talkless of 20 years ago with no evidence and òlópòló èjá Dakolo opened is already widened mouth to tell the whole world how Oyinbo gave her wife doggy style at the back of his car. Does that makes sense ?
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by opribo(m): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
People should use their time well rather than listen to this serial blackmailer. She came online to lie in the first place thinking the man of coza will pay her off.

She has no option than to submit a withdrawal of the case and the pastor of coza should not stop there let her tender an unreserved public apology for the character defamation or face charges she and her loudmouth husband.

Anyone who marries a seductress or a woman longing for other men while in her home is shameless.
Imagine digging up an old story that happened almost two decades ago, who do you want to please if not that you want it again but you can't have it. Exposing her children to public ridicule and shame. #SMH for the Dakolo's.

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by MikeBetty(m): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
fukushaki:
I and my wife keep having issues on this Dakolos matter. I told her that Dakolo is the most stupid husband I have ever seen. Rape case is not easy to prove even if it occurred last Sunday talkless of 20 years ago with no evidence and òlópòló èjá Dakolo opened is already widened mouth to tell the whole world how Oyinbo gave her wife doggy style at the back of his car. Does that makes sense ?
Because Of This Dakolo Stupidity, One Nairaland Idiot Abused Me Here. Thank God The Whole Saga Turn Out To Be Iie. Infact That Coza Pastor Should File Legal Suit Against That Stupid Family.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by BoboKush(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
fukushaki:

He want the world to knw.... His wife can receive doggy wel ni.... Lol
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by AngelicBeing: 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
ogmask:

Who said the Dakolos are not affluent. A matter that has the president wife's ears. A matter that has attracted all the busy body NGOs. A case that even amnesty international tweeted about. CNN Africa correspondent even tried to bully kemi because of this matter. Abeg make we sing another song.
The husband posted the police invitation letter on social media and lied that the police laid siege on their house. Pple were busy condemning the police on Dakolos behalf while they thrived in their lies. It is obvious she lied all along. She can't sustain her lies anymore. She has been caught pants down. Fatoyinbo forced himself on her, police forced her to sign. Wetin na?
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by MikeBetty(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
MachadoPreto:
Coming from people who have never had police case with the rich and affluent.

It's happens every week in Nigeria where people are compelled by the police to sign what they don't know about.

Police will compel you to sign your death warrant if possible.
My Guy When You See Lies, You Should Be Able To Dictate One. The Is Pure And Undiluted Lie. Busola Is The Complainant In This Case. For Her To Say Police Trailed Her To Her House In Kidnappers/commando Style Is The Height Of Lie Dakolo Family Can Manufacture. Its A Childish Lie.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by XYZo: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
ukaface:
Never knew Nigerians had so much trust on NPF.., really commendable.
She might just be saying the truth,na Nigeria o,I mean Nigeria police o,those people can do wonders oooo.

All of a sudden . Nigerians trust the police and have all forgotten the usual police modus operandi . Nigerian police for that matter ?

shocked

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by Cuteboi98(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
PapaBaby:
COZA money doing miracle.
[/s]
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by fukushaki(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
BoboKush:

He want the world to knw.... His wife can receive doggy wel ni.... Lol

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by obailala(m): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
lexy2014:

It is a sensible question cos after such an encounter if it ever happened, first thing or second thing to do is to contact her lawyer who will take it up with d police. But as usual, they run to social media with one story or another
The person asking the question didnt ask why she didnt contact the lawyer after the event; rather the person asked why she didnt wait for the lawyer to be there before signing whatever it is she was alleged to sign under duress. Someone alleges they were forced to do something at gunpoint, but another is questioning why she didnt resist and wait for her lawyer to arrive before complying? Hopefully you now see how senseless the question was.

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
obailala:
The person asking the question didnt ask why she didnt contact the lawyer after the event; rather the person asked why she didnt wait for the lawyer to be there before signing whatever it is she was alleged to sign under duress. Someone alleges they were forced to do something at gunpoint, but another is questioning why she didnt resist and wait for her lawyer to arrive before complying? Hopefully you now see how senseless the question was.

Any scenario u paint, it still would have been in d favour of Mrs dakolo if she had done d needful. If she was accosted by d police to sign a document in broad day light in a public place, as she said, she still had d option of calling her lawyer b4 she made d decision to sign or not to sign or even telling d police to take her to d station where she will wait 4 "reinforcement" b4 committing herself
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by mandate12: 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
fukushaki:
b

Sense will not kee u my broda
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by CanadaOrBust: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
A
Iamgrey5:
They have simply twisted her interview today and many rape appoligist have keyed into it.

The woman simply narrated what transpired the day the police came to her house with a bus from Abuja, which several news agencies reported on that day.

However, the ridiculous iG changed the story to the fact that she withdrew the case. cheesy

No mind them.
Here’s what I posted earlier:
These COZA people posting all these stuff, what they are doing is that they are making sexually abused women afraid to ever come forward. And they’d pay the price because they’d eventually personally face such situation one by one (karma being karma).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by obailala(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
lexy2014:

Any scenario u paint, it still would have been in d favour of Mrs dakolo if she had done d needful. If she was accosted by d police to sign a document in broad day light in a public place, as she said, she still had d option of calling her lawyer b4 she made d decision to sign or not to sign or even telling d police to take her to d station where she will wait 4 "reinforcement" b4 committing herself
An unmarked vehicle intercepts you probably at an isolated spot and probably fierce looking armed men pop out asking you to sign a piece of paper in the middle of no where and you think you will have the guts to call their bluff by asking for a phone call?

Anyway, let's let this slide. Besides it's even been reported that this is all a hoax; she just distanced herself from the so called story.

2 Likes

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by ernieboy(m): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
caprikon:

Beautiful piece.
thousands marched out in protest against the accused pastor, is not enough care? what people are asking for is for the accuser to simply take it to the next step I.e. the police and courts, not the social media and their reluctance to do so suggests that the allegation may be false.
Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by fukushaki(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
mandate12:
b

Sense will not kee u my broda

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case by caprikon: 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
Rajiokazaki:
........... if we all have to be realistic here,, media trial is no trail, no matter what happened , rape or not, the media isn't going to convict or acquit anybody.... it's the court that does that, ... if the matter is in court fine, if not, let her go to court.. .. you can't pick a quarrel with people for having different opinions

That has been my view from the onset. The case should go to court and be handled there. Frankly, only the two parties know exactly what happened...I hope in the end we all get to know the truth. This social media trial isn't healthy at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido Visits Dentist After Revealing Plans To Quit Smoking / "We Signed The Biggest Deal In Africa" - Wizkid Reveals / Caroline Danjuma Flaunts Her Massive Backside In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.