Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS (1413 Views)

Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by Gameorchard: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
Recently, Jumia Nigeria started collecting BVN numbers from its vendors/sellers under the guise of standardizing and improving payments to their vendors.

After collecting BVN information, full names (as it appears on your bank account), phone number (that you used to open the account), Jumia will now pass all your information along with your bank account details (which they already have) to the Federal Inland Revenue Service to access your account and make deductions as they please.

Jumia should have been honest with it's vendors (though I doubt if they would have been able to successfully collect any seller's BVN, lol). It is wrong to use false pretense to collect information from people on their platform and blackmailing them by saying that their payments will stop if they don't provide it.

Since when has BVNs been pre-requisites for payments to be made?

By the time their vendors discover they've been deceived, let's wait and see the outcome...……………………….
Re: Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by healthserve(m): 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
Bless you for this revelation

Op do the needful
Re: Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by Jasminexoco: 12:25am On Aug 15, 2019
God help us ooo.
Re: Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by miqos02(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
Gameorchard:
Recently, Jumia Nigeria started collecting BVN numbers from its vendors/sellers under the guise of standardizing and improving payments to their vendors.

After collecting BVN information, full names (as it appears on your bank account), phone number (that you used to open the account), Jumia will now pass all your information along with your bank account details (which they already have) to the Federal Inland Revenue Service to access your account and make deductions as they please.

Jumia should have been honest with it's vendors (though I doubt if they would have been able to successfully collect any seller's BVN, lol). It is wrong to use false pretense to collect information from people on their platform and blackmailing them by saying that their payments will stop if they don't provide it.

Since when has BVNs been pre-requisites for payments to be made?

By the time their vendors discover they've been deceived, let's wait and see the outcome...……………………….
FIRS only collect tax from corporate companies not individuals. You are wrong
Re: Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by Jasminexoco: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2019
miqos02:
FIRS only collect tax from corporate companies not individuals. You are wrong

Lol. You must be a Jumia staff. Most Jumia vendors/sellers are corporations/registered companies; not individuals.
Re: Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by miqos02(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2019
Jasminexoco:

Lol. You must be a Jumia staff. Most Jumia vendors/sellers are corporations/registered companies; not individuals.
Nigerians and oversabi. For your info, I sell on jumia and have sold thousands of products. I sell as individual.

Stop spreading falsehood. If FIRS need your details, banks will provide it for them, they don't need jumia to do that for them.
Re: Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS by Jasminexoco: 2:14am On Sep 02, 2019
miqos02:
Nigerians and oversabi. For your info, I sell on jumia and have sold thousands of products. I sell as individual.

Stop spreading falsehood. If FIRS need your details, banks will provide it for them, they don't need jumia to do that for them.

Why generalize by saying Nigerians? It's just you and I expressing our different opinions on a platform.

For your information too, I sell on Jumia and have also sold thousands as an incorporation.

I still believe you are a Jumia staff. Many Jumia and ex Jumia staff sell on Jumia. It's only a Jumia staff that will call a glaring fact falsehood. Someone working in Jumia has even confirmed the FIRS involvement to me so where did you get your own info from?

FIRS cannot just ask banks to provide them details. How many details will they sieve through? How will they know people like you doing business as individuals if they ask banks for BVN? They need to ask Jumia for the BVN so that they will know the people that are making extra income on Jumia and not paying tax as registered businesses.

Go and do your research properly!

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Into Recharge Cards Printing Business? / How Can I Earn Money With My Site? / Developing A Successful Business Plan: Business Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.