Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Shortage Of Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shortage Of Engine Oil (1047 Views)

Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 / Recommend Type Of Engine Oil To Use In Avalon 2002 / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shortage Of Engine Oil by dejisvic(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
Please dear experts,
I observed my camrey 2008 model is always have short age of engine oil.
Three consecutive months, have been servicing it less than a month interval with out engaging the car on travel. Having complained to my mechanics, he ask me to service the car again with another 5litrs mobile oil. Now still the same. He said I should bring the car.
Please what could be the reason? Before I hand over it mechanic.

Thanks
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil by daddy001: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2019
dejisvic:
Please dear experts,
I observed my camrey 2008 model is always have short age of engine oil.
Three consecutive months, have been servicing it less than a month interval with out engaging the car on travel. Having complained to my mechanics, he ask me to service the car again with another 5litrs mobile oil. Now still the same. He said I should bring the car.
Please what could be the reason? Before I hand over it mechanic.

Thanks
Is your car smoking i.e blue or white smoke in the morning?
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil by TRYGO(m): 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
**Don't service that car again.

1. Any visible signs of oil spills over the engine area?
Valve cover, crankshaft and the flywheel oil seals, the sump, and finally, the VVTi solenoid?
These areas are notorious for leaks, when the seals are failing.

2. From your symptoms, it appears you've problems with your piston rings.
This problem is common with the 2AZ-FE Camry engines.

Final solution?
1. Rebuild that engine with genuine parts totally.
It would come back to new.

2. Replaced the engine, if you don't want to rebuild it.
Its a 50/50 thing though, since you are not privy to the history or state of the engine you're buying, in Nigeria.
It isn't like in the USA, where you've engines with their history tags embedded on them in any junkyards.

Just in case you decide to consider the first option, do give me a call.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd,
Isolo,
Lagos

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Wants To Convert Your Petrol-powered Beetle Into An Electric Car / Why Do My Car Camry Big For Nothing Make Noise After Ringing The Engine / Undue Oil Shortage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.