Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo (12483 Views)

Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus / Danilo Feliciano de Moraes Is Dead, Son Of Cafu Dies Of Heart Attack / Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives In Italy Ahead Of Juventus Training Session (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by ogbiwa: 4:22am On Aug 08, 2019
Manchester City have completed the signing of Portugal right-back Joao Cancelo from Juventus for £60m.

The agreement sees City full-back Danilo, 28, move in the opposite direction for a fee of £34.1m.

Cancelo, 25, has signed a contract at the Etihad Stadium until the summer of 2025 and becomes City's third signing of the summer after Angelino and Rodri.

"City are a fantastic club, with a brilliant manager and I am delighted to be here," said Cancelo.

"Everything about them has impressed me, from the facilities, to their style of play.

"I am always looking to develop my game and win trophies and I believe I can do that here, so now I'm really looking forward to the new season and testing myself in the Premier League."

Cancelo, who can play further forward as well as at left-back, joined Juventus from Valencia for £35m in 2018 after a season on loan at Inter Milan.

He was part of the Portugal squad that won the Nations League in June, although he did not play.

City director of football Txiki Begiristain said: "Joao is a fine player and an excellent attacking full-back who will provide us with a real threat on the right-hand side.

"We have been impressed with his progress and have no doubt he can continue to shine here in Manchester.

"He fits the profile of player we want here at Manchester City. His best years are ahead of him, he's technically proficient and has the physical attributes we desire."

City signed Danilo from Real Madrid for £26.5m in 2017, and he made 22 league starts in 60 appearances for the Blues across all competitions.

The Brazilian, who has agreed a five-year contract at Juve, has been involved in back-to-back Premier League title wins under manager Pep Guardiola but has rarely been viewed as a first choice. He becomes City's record sale.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49256280

1 Like

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by ehirosplusbiz(m): 5:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Good one
Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by defolman(m): 5:16am On Aug 08, 2019
Good deal for both clubs
Juve got the better deal though
. Check out my signature if u wanna smell good

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by emrys2955: 5:17am On Aug 08, 2019
hmmm see stupid swapping abeg danilo is already dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by Rekyz(m): 5:17am On Aug 08, 2019
Juventus don the mad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by Felixalex(m): 5:20am On Aug 08, 2019
emrys2955:

hmmm see stupid swapping abeg danilo is already dead

Na u kill am?

10 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by spafu(m): 5:20am On Aug 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by DesChyko: 5:24am On Aug 08, 2019
Cancelo has a bright future. His competition is Kyle Walker though so he has to be patient.
Although his versatility to be able to play at left back may be his blessing at this point.

6 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by chicent2k3(m): 5:43am On Aug 08, 2019
I wouldn't understand why my Darling juventus will agree to such a deal. Why would they agree to swap an "otu" 28 year old for their super 25 year old....because of a few extra bucks? I never really like that danilo.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by VickyES300: 6:00am On Aug 08, 2019
chicent2k3:
I wouldn't understand why my Darling juventus will agree to such a deal. Why would they agree to swap an "otu" 28 year old for their super 25 year old....because of a few extra bucks? I never really like that danilo.

Your opinion changes nothing bro, wake up to the reality that he has been signed already.

1 Like

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by yaqq: 6:04am On Aug 08, 2019
Gardiola is a money bag coach..... Mendi, Walker, stones, Laporte, Eliaquim Mangala, cancelo all way above 50 million pounds, looking at arsenal whose highest bought defender should be around 15 million pounds, and u want arsenal to draw a match with Gardiola? Pep get the players he want, imaging having Walker and cancelo as right backs in a single club. I even forget otamendi.. Rodri, 75 million pounds, and arsenal bought pepe for 72 and we no hear word..... Gardiola is not a manager. He can't even coach a player who cost less than 60 million pounds right now, u must be an already made star to play for gardiola

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by DannyJ19(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Good move
Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by success1smyn(m): 6:23am On Aug 08, 2019
yaqq:
Gardiola is a money bag coach..... Mendi, Walker, stones, Laporte, Eliaquim Mangala, cancelo all way above 50 million pounds, looking at arsenal whose highest bought defender should be around 15 million pounds, and u want arsenal to draw a match with Gardiola? Pep get the players he want, imaging having Walker and cancelo as right backs in a single club. I even forget otamendi.. Rodri, 75 million pounds, and arsenal bought pepe for 72 and we no hear word..... Gardiola is not a manager. He can't even coach a player who cost less than 60 million pounds right now, u must be an already made star to play for gardiola
What are you trying to say?

14 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by smithdr: 6:25am On Aug 08, 2019
it will be good indeed...huuu
Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by dfrost: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2019
"City are a fantastic club, with a brilliant manager and I am delighted to be here," said Cancelo.

wink

Sportsmen and women: prostitutes. One minute kissing their club's badges, next minute saying the destination club has always been their childhood dream club. grin

Please when is piano master moving to China. angry

11 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by BroadStreetBull(m): 6:48am On Aug 08, 2019
How good is this Danilo sef?

If he's not so good why did Juve buy him?

1 Like

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by CrestMan: 6:53am On Aug 08, 2019
I like Man City's transfers cool

Just imagine this:
Manchester United paid £80m for ONLY Maguire undecided

Manchester City paid £81m for BOTH Rodri and Cancello based on net spending cool

Now, can you compare the quality acquired based on the money spent? angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by ifeanyija(m): 6:53am On Aug 08, 2019
yaqq:
no good player now is less than 50m. all clubs now buy players above 50m. no man city player is in top 10 transfer in terms of price.

5 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by ifeanyija(m): 6:55am On Aug 08, 2019
CrestMan:
I like Man City's transfers cool

Just imagine this:
Manchester United paid £80m for ONLY Maguire undecided

Manchester City paid £81m for BOTH Rodri and Cancello based on net spending cool

Now, can you compare the quality acquired based on the money spent? angry
Man city director knws his job. imagine lukaku of 85m is been rejected at United

1 Like

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by CrestMan: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2019
[s]
yaqq:
[/s]

Oga, don't let jealousy make you feel pain and hate for a man who is succeeding. The highest Man City has paid for a player is £62m for Rodri. Even Arsenal has paid much more for Pepe recently.
For the first time in a very long while, Football lovers from around the world are celebrating with Arsenal for changing their transfer policy. See the way Arsenal is all over the news tracking quality players grin

9 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by Damfostopper(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2019
worst transfer this season...... juventus are high courtesy of sarri......

swapping better cancelo for danilo......

danilo even at Realmadrid was below expectation, same as with Man City...... #spit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by martineverest(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2019
yaqq:
just like how pique,kimmnich,busquet, Pedro etc were already stars when he gave them chances to play?

7 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by sammhi(m): 7:15am On Aug 08, 2019
yaqq:
U know nothing
Name one big club that don't spend money ? Argue with AC Milan
Any big club that refuse to spend will turn to Arsenal . So how will they compete? See how much Barca,. Real , Juve etc have spent so far . They need to so thwy won't become Tottenham, AC Milan or Arsenal

5 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by money121(m): 7:23am On Aug 08, 2019
Nice one
Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by mknigeriagreat: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2019
Anyday i watched that Danilo guy in his days at Madrid I get so pissed and angry. That silly defender can never make a good cross to strickers. I can rmbr a match he made about 14 crosses and none came into the box. Out of anger ronaldo went to the right flank and in less than 8minutes, his second cross found the head of benzema and he scored. While other players were celebrating he went to scold danilo and using his finger to make the gesture of can you see how it is done. Same Danilo juventus now went for? I havent seen a worse brazilian in the football sport like danilo.

If you doubt me go and watch matches he played for Madrid on youtube very useless thing. And the way he runs around like all these hunter dogs looking for rats.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by mknigeriagreat: 7:34am On Aug 08, 2019
Damfostopper:
worst transfer this season...... juventus are high courtesy of sarri......

swapping better cancelo for danilo......

danilo even at Realmadrid was below expectation, same as with Man City...... #spit

If you know the love myself and my wife have for juventus. Even if i am in transit and cant view a Juve match, she will be calling every 5 mins updating me. One of our major worries was that cancelo himself. We have always hoped Juve will bring in one solid right back. He is still better than Danilo 1 million ways. If u ever watched Danilo in real madrid you will know Juve are mad or never watched him play before. He is as useless as the right leg of Ozil. I just lost hope in Juve winning the champions league with a fluke like Danilo holding that angle. If I tell my wiffy danilo was brought in, na only me and my kids fo dey watch juve matches now she hates that danilo cos she saw him played for madrid severally.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by KendrickAyomide: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2019
yaqq:
the most foolish sport analysis ever

3 Likes

Re: Man City Completes Swap Of Juventus Defender Joao Cancelo For Danilo by Chimgoziem217(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2019
Oga get your figures right before you post, Rodri is 63 million pounds and Is man city's record signing

uote author=yaqq post=81050353]Gardiola is a money bag coach..... Mendi, Walker, stones, Laporte, Eliaquim Mangala, cancelo all way above 50 million pounds, looking at arsenal whose highest bought defender should be around 15 million pounds, and u want arsenal to draw a match with Gardiola? Pep get the players he want, imaging having Walker and cancelo as right backs in a single club. I even forget otamendi.. Rodri, 75 million pounds, and arsenal bought pepe for 72 and we no hear word..... Gardiola is not a manager. He can't even coach a player who cost less than 60 million pounds right now, u must be an already made star to play for gardiola [/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Birmingham 2022: Elizabeth Oshoba Wins Silver In The Women's Boxing Event / Sophia Omidiji Signs For S.B.V Excelsior Target Super Falcons For 2019 World Cup / The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.