Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus (30929 Views)

Ronaldo Suffers HORROR Injury In Portugal's Thrashing Of Czech Republic / Leo Messi's Teammates Celebrate His 34th Birthday With Song And Presents (Video) / Asisat Oshoala, Barcelona Teammates Celebrate Women's Champions League Final Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by fergie001: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2022
Villarreal stunned Juventus with three late goals to win 3-0 in Turin (4-1 on aggregate) and reach the Champions League quarter-final.

Goals from Gerard Moreno (78 pen), Pau Torres (85) and Arnaut Danjuma (90+2 pen) sent last season's Europa League winners through to the last eight for the first time since 2009.

Opta stats - Emery's first CL knockout win

Juventus have been eliminated in the round of 16 in all the last three editions of the Champions League, as many times as in the previous 10 participations at this stage of the tournament.

Villarreal manager Unai Emery has progressed from a tie in the knockout stages of the Champions League for the first time, having previously been eliminated in the round of 16 in each of his previous three attempts (with Valencia in 2010-11 and PSG in 2016-17 and 2017-18).

Gerard Moreno has either scored or assisted in all four of his appearances for Villarreal in the Champions League this season, scoring twice and providing three assists in total.

For the first time, Villarreal have scored three goals in a Champions League knockout stage match.

Villarreal CF joins Real Madrid, SL Benfica, Bayern Munchen, Atletico de Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester City, and holders Chelsea FC in the last 8. Draws will hold on Friday @ 11am GMT.

Chukwueze was introduced in the 65th minute for Yeremy Pino.

See how Chukwueze and Serge Aurier rocked the Naija vibes in the dressing room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBVbiLbzydc

15 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Vallro: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2022
Good one. Juve deserved to lose. I don't rate them at all.
Na like this I go dance when Buhari go comot Aso Rock o

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by fergie001: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2022
Quarter-finals
First legs: 5/6 April
Second legs: 12/13 April

Semi-finals
First legs: 26/27 April
Second legs: 3/4 May

Final
Saturday 28 May (Stade de France, Paris)

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Brendaniel: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2022
Cool, I like that, you see everyone there dancing without looking at the race of any player among them or asking if their president or country is at war, sports is supposed to be a unifying platform and every sport body that sanctioned Russia is causing division among humans and increasing hatred against each other...

Sports is not Politics and should not be involved in it...

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Elianawalker(f): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
I don't know what others think but footballers are over paid.

For christ's sake doctors, scientists deserve far better... have you paid attention to what those guys have done for our existence?

Without science we all would probably be dead from one small infection...

You as african cant even know how extremely harmful and dangerous malaria is because you have been vaccinated.

Malaria is just one... many times a simple headache could have ended your life, but a little aspirin or panadol gets you active again...

Imagine trekking from badagry to lekki, how many days walk is that? But thanks to vehicles.

The football you watch from nigeria thanks to internet and amazing camera tools...

Please let the world pay more attention to scientific geniuses... please...

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by EyezofGod120: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
grin una never carry hushpuppy news?

2 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Nendans: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
He is doing leg work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Engrduke: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations my compatriot.

Juventus plastic fans erroneously believed C. Ronaldo was the one holding them back when he was in Turin.

How has Juventus fared since CR7's departure?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Exkandayee(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Na only Paola dybala I Sabi for juve

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Vixenn(f): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Thought people said they now play better now that Ronaldo has left

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by iLegendd(m): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2022
They are dancing to Yemi Aladé, a Nigerian song. Please, someone should go check up on Shatta Walé.

6 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Iamvetlander(m): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2022
Imagine say this guy carry Champions League.

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2022
Good ebening

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Lakside1955(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2022
The trophy still coming to England

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Lakside1955(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2022
Juventus lost last night actually cost me 482k angry

6 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by sotall(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by goshikid: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2022
cheesy na so i been happy when i dumb my Hungry Ex gf where want kill me with entitlement mentality.. The joy no be here

11 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Farid24224(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2022
Real Mardrid are going home with the trophy!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by stano2(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2022
Chukwueze my man

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Michaelino50: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2022
Can you help, want to make payment online but use MasterCard and visa card can anyone help

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by chaseblack(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2022
Go down low

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by thoollz: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2022
When they say a team is useless, it's arsenal. Imagine this coach doing wonders after leaving that shi*ty club. He won the europa last season, now he's in the quarter finals of the ucl.

At times it's not a manager that's not good, it's the team. Ask Mourinho and Manchester United.

15 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by kingyakos: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2022
If e reach time to play for your country boot go heavy u for leg

7 Likes

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by Isobug: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2022
Oboy see joy

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus by oluwaseyi0: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2022
Elianawalker:
I don't know what others think but footballers are over paid.

For christ's sake doctors, scientists deserve far better... have you paid attention to what does guys have done for our existence?

Without science we all would probably be dead from one small infection...

I fully agree with you

Most people whose line of job allows them show on TVs are overpaid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Ivory Coast Vs Algeria (4 - 1) On 20th January 2022 / Nigerian Fighter, Isreal Adesanya Defeats His Mentor, Anderson Silva / Simidele Adeagbo On Her First Skeleton Race In Canada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.