Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave (40048 Views)

NANS Gives Makinde 3 Days To Address Amotekun Brutality On Oyo Residents / Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Antoeni(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Just like that
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Odinaka00(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
The xenophobic attacks are a little more complex than most Nigerians who haven't been to South Africa think they are

Firstly, South Africa is country with some of the highest crime rate in the world. As such, some of the so called xenophobic attacks are simply criminal activities that has very little to do with outright hatred.

Secondly, some Nigerians themselves don't help the situation because they are also involved in several criminal activities.

Thirdly, Xenophobic attacks are also fuelled by ordinary low income families in South Africa who are poor and left behind by the new emerging black post apartheid middle class South Africans, some of whom have ordinarily had an Idea of an utopian country during the post apartheid struggles.

Alot of those people are now disappointed and take out their frustrations on foreigners who are simply in the country to earn daily living.

All of what I have briefly highlighted above are very complex issues that the government of South Africa cannot solve within the next two decades at least.

Hence, I will advise Nigerians and other Africans who are hoping to leave their countries in search of greener pastures to forget about South Africa for now.

You 've spoken like someone who stays in South Africa. There are lots of criminal activities here in S.A. it's bad that when a Nigerian is caught inbetween of these activities then Nigerians back home will start screaming xenophobia. Nigerians especially my Igbo brothers will give South African girls drug, put them in a room, use them for prostitution business and when South Africans react to this Nigerians back home will start screaming xenophobia. Lots of dirty things Nigerians do here. Things that we Nigerians can never condone if foreigners start doing in Nigeria. When you live in another man's house you must adhere to the rules of that house or else there will not be peace . Go to places like Hillbrow and Yeoville and see what Nigerians have turned those places into then you would know why these people are so angry at Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Iamgrey5(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2019
Odinaka00:

You 've spoken like someone who stays in South Africa. There are lots of criminal activities here in S.A. it's bad that when a Nigerian is caught inbetween of these activities then Nigerians back home will start screaming xenophobia. Nigerians especially my Igbo brothers will give South African girls drug, put them in a room, use them for prostitution business and when South Africans react to this Nigerians back home will start screaming xenophobia. Lots of dirty things Nigerians do here. Things that we Nigerians can never condone if foreigners start doing in Nigeria. When you live in another man's house you must adhere to the rules of that house or else there will not be peace . Go to places like Hillbrow and Yeoville and see what Nigerians have turned those places into then you would know why these people are so angry at Nigerians
Yes, I studied and stay in South Africa for more than six years and I experienced everything firsthand, although I no longer say in the country.

I was sometimes puzzled and shocked at how the news of xenophobic attacks were hyped and over sold to the Nigerian public while I was still in SA.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Exempted: 11:07am On Aug 08, 2019
Rockstar2014:
Nonsense threat.

I even thought it was National Assembly. I jus rush click am cum see nonsense grin
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by blackboy(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2019
So NANS will employ all the Nigerians working for this companies with the same pay and allowances, benefits etc?
NANS should address the issue properly. When they say Nigerian students no get sense blame NANS. With all their education they are addressing issues like illiterates or street urchins. DSS pls arrest them all. There should be no threat to any one in this country
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by gr8child(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2019
One would expect an organization of university students to behave more intelligently. Although the companies mentioned are of South African origin, they are not owned by the South African government, nor have those companies ever promoted or supported xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by laudate: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2019
omamush:
Empty threats.. Besides mtn and co can go let multichoice stay, I can't start watching NTA.. Until Nigeria discover where they went wrong and find solution to the monopoly.
There are alternatives to Multichoice/ DSTV now. No issues.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by blackboy(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2019
Hunger don wire them. The last fat pay cheque they got has finished so they need more money and seek relevance.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by tsdarkside(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2019
south africans can be happy thats this is not nigeria of 80s....
or else south africa will pack quick quick....

we nigerians have become more pragmatic and view things from different angles....

thats why sowores revoluwetin couldnt kick off....
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by bizhop01: 11:28am On Aug 08, 2019
NONSENSE
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Reptyle(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2019
Olastar990:
See bastard talk frm bastard hungry Nigerian when MTN employed 3000 Nigerian and its country kill 30000 Nigerian loot over 30billion properties what is d benefit of ther fuckin employment those people dey kill are employed dem

I spent time trying to decipher the drivel you posted but concluded you were one of those unemployed and mentally challenged kids looking for where to vent your frustrations.

Get an education and have a great life!
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by CioAngels(f): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2019
Mtn, the dubious and stealing network. They left their miserable bonus of 1250 and charged my main account and they will take their bonus the next day. I bought data of 500n for two week at 750 megabits bonus a main data. The network is so bad that few days to end of two week their bonus is still remaining 600mb while the main is the 750mb intact waiting to be taken back.. I try to download items, it won't work. Mtn has taken Nigerians for fools. Mtn is trek taxing Nigerians by also charging main balance and bonus same time, what do we call this, if not taxing Nigerians by stealing from us.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Monday60655(m): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2019
Gone are the days when NANS were really NANS during our days. Today's NANS is just brown envelope NANS
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by jmoore(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2019
Useless set of individuals with no working brains. What a foolish ultimatum! Are these companies representing the government of South Africa?
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Mrves111: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2019
Restoresp:
Sometimes I ask myself if some persons do reason before going to the media to talk trash.

I swear bro, see the trash that he's saying
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by TMKsouth: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2019
michelz:
I wonder if diplomacy would work in this xenophobism. South Africans have this in-depth hatred for Nigerians, and almost every other persons apart from themselves and Whites.

I see them as people who have not completely evolved; maybe their evolution stopped short somewhere before completion.

Nigerians should simply avoid that country like a plague and the government should as a matter of fact,cut all diplomatic ties with that country.

Then of course, all their businesses in Nigeria should end.

And the true measure of complete evolution are Nigerians: fraud, spectacular corruption, open-air defecation and filthiness Go climb a tree.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Xammie001(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
nice one my fellow comrade
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by TMKsouth: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
The xenophobic attacks are a little more complex than most Nigerians who haven't been to South Africa think they are

Firstly, South Africa is country with some of the highest crime rate in the world. As such, some of the so called xenophobic attacks are simply criminal activities that has very little to do with outright hatred.

Secondly, some Nigerians themselves don't help the situation because they are also involved in several criminal activities.

Thirdly, Xenophobic attacks are also fuelled by ordinary low income families in South Africa who are poor and left behind by the new emerging black post apartheid middle class South Africans, some of whom have ordinarily had an Idea of an utopian country during the post apartheid struggles.

Alot of those people are now disappointed and take out their frustrations on foreigners who are simply in the country to earn daily living.

All of what I have briefly highlighted above are very complex issues that the government of South Africa cannot solve within the next two decades at least.

Hence, I will advise Nigerians and other Africans who are hoping to leave their countries in search of greener pastures to forget about South Africa for now.

@bolded: Will be much appreciated.

Rest of the post: Sound. cool

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by TMKsouth: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
LagosismyHome:
while i dont support Xenophobia..........Has NANS thought about the "LOSS of JOB" implication if MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC leave Nigeria ... Currently job hard , while add to it . If they leave Nigerians who work there will suffer so there no benefit

Instead they should ask the companies if they can organise more campaign / education in SA against Xenophobia

They should also educate [b]Nigerians [/b]to behave well in other people's countries... (Log in eye...)

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by oluplus(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
sparko1:

Shame on you! This is all you can say! You just wasted that space! GTFOH!

I support this move, something drastic must be done, its might be you or me next or even your relation.

This is a serious issue and should be taken seriously.

Please don't support a wrong move. These companies are owned by private investors and not S.A govt. It is Nigerians that are working there. Attacking them is simply attacking fellow Nigerians and taking away their source of livelihood.

It does not make sense, if you ask me. There are better ways to go about this.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by CioAngels(f): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
NANs, today's NANs, forget it, NANs is looking for money as usual, South Africans will laugh at them. Hon. Dabiri will always talk tough with no action while money will be wasted/flow for no action. South Africa will laugh at Nigeria, if Nigerian government cannot stop the killing in Nigeria, why do they think they can control what happens in their own country? Please lets have the little we see and don't disturb us. Nigeria cannot do anything but tough talking, Abike Dabiri and Lai Mohammed.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by ThePreachersSon: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
Forgetting say the MTN, Shop rite, Multi Choice here in Nigeria employs thousands of Nigerians. And them still dey use that their MTN Sim card, them go reach house on DSTv to see if Channels, and TV C go carry their news. Idiots.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by deltateam: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
If I hear.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
This won't fly,

WeChat funds available check siggy
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Carlyscales: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
michelz:
I wonder if diplomacy would work in this xenophobism. South Africans have this in-depth hatred for Nigerians, and almost every other persons apart from themselves and Whites.

I see them as people who have not completely evolved; maybe their evolution stopped short somewhere before completion.

Nigerians should simply avoid that country like a plague and the government should as a matter of fact,cut all diplomatic ties with that country.

Then of course, all their businesses in Nigeria should end.
Let us know when u wake up!

Nigerians have far better opportunities to advance in career, education and economically in SA than in this here really.

My sister in law got her PhD in SA and will always discuss wt other colleagues there (Nigerians and other Africans) about the marginalisation they face as lecturers. Do u know what the summary they always conclude with

If SA is cruel, can we opt to go back home?? Hence, if SA is frying pan, then nija is d real fire. They would rather move from there to Canada, Australia, us etc.

My nephew @ 16yrs in SA wrote secondary school mock. Sat at home with d result to apply to different choice universities in SA and was offered provisional admission. After writing Matric(Ssce equivalent). His admission letter(s) was delivered at home to read biological sciences.

If na for nijja he'll still be writing jamb, post jamb, neco etc. A shiithole of a country whr people with 265 in jamb can't get admission, while some with 198 are getting admission. A country where lecturers sleep with under age teenagers to get them admitted, just because the no of universities are grossly inadequate to cater for d no of teenagers from secondary schools.
While the leaders don't give a damm because their children don't have to school in our public schools.
Have u ever heard of children of SA president schooling in US or London

Forget, Nigerians in SA believe that its better to be marginalised n persecuted than to be in a country where ur dreams n that of ur children is killed off due to the actions of other clueless people.

The reasons y nigerians n africans are persecuted in SA is simply that nigerians in SA is smarter than them to harness the vast opportunities in SA, that's never back home here.
U shouldn't be asking y Nigerians are migrating there but rather y those same opportunities aren't here. Ramaphosa named his full cabinet less than 72hrs after inauguration including opposition members (because they've got much to offer to their nation irrespective of their political affiliations). U should be asking y is that isn't happening here rather. If u are a foreign investor (bringing jobs here), would u rather invest in a nation like SA or in Nigeria where d president is waiting 3months to appoint mostly politicians with known corrupt petitions n cases as cabinet members. Would u invest in a nation that does not have a clear economic direction after 3months, but RUGA for cows and fulanis.

Most Nigerians killed in SA are mostly those involved in street huzzles and drugs. There are many Nigerians gainfully employed, in Accademics in SA and are quit safe. The crime rate in SA is quit high so both South Africans n foreigners are at risk. Bur if u know ur way, u can be relatively safe. We are targeted more because we easily outsmart them take them jobs n women off them( we spend more than them on women). Even if u migrate to the north today, outsmart them, take their jobs, businesses n women. U can easily become a target.

I do not in anyway exonerate Xenophobia by south Africans. I'll rather compete than antagonize. But i also don't expect so much from others as well.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by tsdarkside(m): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
Carlyscales:

Let us know when u wake up!

Nigerians have far better opportunities to advance in career, education and economically in SA than in this here really.

My sister in law got her PhD in SA and will always discuss wt other colleagues there (Nigerians and other Africans) about the marginalisation they face as lecturers. Do u know what the summary they always conclude with

If SA is cruel, can we opt to go back home?? Hence, if SA is frying pan, then nija is d real fire. They would rather move from there to Canada, Australia, us etc.

My nephew @ 16yrs in SA wrote secondary school mock. Sat at home with d result to apply to different choice universities in SA and was offered provisional admission. After writing Matric(Ssce equivalent). His admission letter(s) was delivered at home to read biological sciences.

If na for nijja he'll still be writing jamb, post jamb, neco etc. A shiithole of a country whr people with 265 in jamb can't get admission, while some with 198 are getting admission. A country where lecturers sleep with under age teenagers to get them admitted, just because the no of universities are grossly inadequate to cater for d no of teenagers from secondary schools.
While the leaders don't give a damm because their children don't have to school in our public schools.
Have u ever heard of children of SA president schooling in US or London

Forget, Nigerians in SA believe that its better to be marginalised n persecuted than to be in a country where ur dreams n that of ur children is killed off due to the actions of other clueless people.

The reasons y nigerians n africans are persecuted in SA is simply that nigerians in SA is smarter than them to harness the vast opportunities in SA, that's never back home here.
U shouldn't be asking y Nigerians are migrating there but rather y those same opportunities aren't here. Ramaphosa named his full cabinet less than 72hrs after inauguration including opposition members (because they've got much to offer to their nation irrespective of their political affiliations). U should be asking y is that isn't happening here rather. If u are a foreign investor (bringing jobs here), would u rather invest in a nation like SA or in Nigeria where d president is waiting 3months to appoint mostly politicians with known corrupt petitions n cases as cabinet members. Would u invest in a nation that does not have a clear economic direction after 3months, but RUGA for cows and fulanis.

Most Nigerians killed in SA are mostly those involved in street huzzles and drugs. There are many Nigerians gainfully employed, in Accademics in SA and are quit safe. The crime rate in SA is quit high so both South Africans n foreigners are at risk. Bur if u know ur way, u can be relatively safe. We are targeted more because we easily outsmart them take them jobs n women off them( we spend more than them on women). Even if u migrate to the north today, outsmart them, take their jobs, businesses n women. U can easily become a target.

I do not in anyway exonerate Xenophobia by south Africans. I'll rather compete than antagonize. But i also don't expect so much from others as well.

look how you dey yarn dust....

what does namin your cabinet has to do with anything....??

south africa get more investment because of whites that are connected to their somehow....

whites never left....they are still their holdin most of the whealth....

i dont think that is something to be proud about,while you battle foreighners for crumbs....
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by tsdarkside(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
somebody said it right....they realy didnt evolved or its realy about too much criminality....

nigeria has already passed that level of who to blame for your problems....
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Anglojosite7(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
silibaba:
chickenhearted pesin grin
OK. Peter the rock. Go and send them away.
Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by Carlyscales: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
tsdarkside:

look how you dey yarn dust....

what does namin your cabinet has to do with anything....??

south africa get more investment because of whites that are connected to their somehow....

whites never left....they are still their holdin most of the whealth....

i dont think that is something to be proud about,while you battle foreighners for crumbs....

Sorry Broo, SA is not even in the first 5 fastest growing economies. Those African economies are mostly blacks like Ghana, Senegal, ivory coast, Ethiopia.

Ethiopia and Rwanda has the fastest expanding economy in the world this yr. How many whites do they have
So what has having whites got to do with
having sound economic policies.

Look one pri acts of a president is to first give a clear economic direction to d private sector, foreign investors, trade partners, so they respond appropriately thereby creating jobs, increasing d middle class, reducing poverty n improving d economy. That was exactly what OBJ did when he came in 1999 by looking for n bringing on board best Nigerian brains across d globe to form his cabinet. This created lots of confidence in d intl communities n foreign investors. Hence so much capital inflow both in manufacturing, capital markets etc. And Nigerian economy grew in double digits. Today we are growing at less than 2.5%.

U have a sick old president that probably wakes up for the day by 10am. A youth unemployment rate of over 35%. A population growth rate of over 3%. And u asking what's d big deal in not having a cabinet?? Then who's gonna do d work my friend

The reason y ur nation is this messed up is because of our visionless n terrible leaders. How can a president be riding in a foreign benz for inauguration in a nation having indigenous car manufacturing n assembling plants
Meanwhile rwanda and south africa got volks to build a manufacturing plants in their country. And u can't see any of their presidents using foreign or imported cars. (Note the one moribund in lagos is just an assembling plant)

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by tsdarkside(m): 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Carlyscales:

Sorry Broo, SA is not even in the first 5 fastest growing economies. Those African economies are mostly blacks like Ghana, Senegal, ivory coast, Ethiopia.

Ethiopia and Rwanda has the fastest expanding economy in the world this yr. How many whites do they have
So what has having whites got to do with
having sound economic policies.

Look one pri acts of a president is to first give a clear economic direction to d private sector, foreign investors, trade partners, so they respond appropriately thereby creating jobs, increasing d middle class, reducing poverty n improving d economy. That was exactly what OBJ did when he came in 1999 in looking for n bringing on board best Nigerian brains across d globe to form his cabinet. This created lots of confidence in d intl communities n foreign investors. Hence so much capital inflow both in manufacturing, capital markets etc.

The reason y ur nation is this messed up is because of our visioless n terrible leaders. How can a president be riding in a foreign benze for inauguration in a nation having indigenous car manufacturing n assembling plants.
Meanwhile rwanda and south africa got volks to build a manufacturing plants in their country. And u can't see any of their presidents using foreign or imported cars.

i cant argue with you about what you need to attract investors....

but keep in mind you need peace for any business....

well....we nigerians dont think that way....we believe in open competition with all the world....

we never had that type of protect mind....maybe because we were used to free money from oil....
we didnt bothered to build any meaningful industry....why bother,when you can just buy everything from abroad....it sticked to us....i even read some order pizza from london.....

kiiiikikikiki....

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave by MduZA: 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Morenikeji070:
Good I support this from NANS. I pray nigeria goverment support your need has well. Foolish south Africa animal people stupid country I pray never me see any emergency thing that gonna take me to that useless bastard country...

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Serious Fighting In Zaria / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) / Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.