Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Andriod Development: Which Way To Go? ( JAVA OR PYTHON) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Andriod Development: Which Way To Go? ( JAVA OR PYTHON) (837 Views)

You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / Java Or Kotlin For Android? / Java Or .NET Guru Needed In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andriod Development: Which Way To Go? ( JAVA OR PYTHON) by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2019
As frustrating as it seems, Programming is really easy. With a lot a programming languages in your hands. You have variety of choices.

Today we shall look at Andriod Deelopment
(Java or Python)

First, Do you know that Android is owned by Google?

Do you know that Android is currently the world's most popular operating system with about 2.4 Billion Devices.

Do you know that ANDRIOD was built with Java.

Do you know that these ATM Machines you see all around, were programmed with Java. Even POS.

Python is a really powerful language if you can utilize it's potential. Python was used in programming YouTube(which is owned by Google)

Python is super easy, no doubts....As easy as it is it is one of the world's most popular programming languages. Python can be used in programming Robots...Yes! Robots through a module called Raspberry Pi that allows it to interact with hardware.

But....When it comes to Andriod Development...I would not recommend Python. Before you can develop Andriod Applications with Python, you need kivy. When I created my first Andriod Application. I was very excited... But the application was still in it's raw format(with a .py extension). So i tried to convert the .py extension to a .apk extension which is required
In order for the app to run on Android phones...but to no avail. I downloaded so many "py to apk" converter programs. But either these programs were no longer in development or they contained deadly Malware. Finally, I forgot about Python and switched to Java and Kotlin. Kotlin is like a better version of Java. in fact, sef Kotlin is just Java with a better syntax. With Kotlin you can develop apps faster than Java because of it's improved syntax.

Do you know what's more, Google has recommended Kotlin to be one of the best programming languages be to develop andriod apps with.

Now don't get confused!
Before you get Kotlin you need to have Java installed on your computer...I don't think Kotlin is a totally different programming language. It is more of an Improvement on Java.

P.S. You don't necessarily need Android Studio. But I recommend it because it helps you define and shape your apps better.

� Good Day �

1 Like

Re: Andriod Development: Which Way To Go? ( JAVA OR PYTHON) by saheedniyi22(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2019
if one wants to learn python for robotics does one needs to learn everything or just a part or branch?
Re: Andriod Development: Which Way To Go? ( JAVA OR PYTHON) by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2019
saheedniyi22:
if one wants to learn python for robotics does one needs to learn everything or just a part or branch?
[font=
First Start with the basics of python. Then as you get more advanced. You can buy a Raspberry Pi Module and start with easy robotic instruction like developing a program that can control a light bulb (one and off). Like that ... like that you delve into the world of sophisticated robotic arms and more.
cool
Re: Andriod Development: Which Way To Go? ( JAVA OR PYTHON) by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 08, 2019
saheedniyi22:

First Start with the basics of python. Then as you get more advanced. You can buy a Raspberry Pi Module and start with easy robotic instruction like developing a program that can control a light bulb (one and off). Like that ... like that you delve into the world of sophisticated robotic arms and more.
cool

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help.. / Are These Specs Good Enough For Python? / Restful Api Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.