Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money (30891 Views)

Emmanuella Mayaki Gains US University Admission / 11-year-old Terrorist, Muhammed Yusuf Killed By NAF Airstrike In Borno (photo) / IPPIS: Government Can’t Use ASUU Platform To Pay Us — University Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by pinkygurl(f): 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
solreb:
He should go to USA Embassy in Lagos. They hold Open Day for those wanting to studyin YSA. They have a program to help outstanding student like this. I took my son there in 2016. So he should give it a shot. They even pay for TOEFL and SAT for indigent brilliant kids.
Yeah that's true.the programme is called USAP & is meant for the best of the best-students like him.a wise man once said"if one is not informed ,one is deformed" grin
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by ThePointMan(m): 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
I have a feeling this guy's call will be picked up soon.

It's about to happen.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by tokarlee07(f): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
engrpheleeks:
Most Nigerians are bitter.
lmao�� the country has frustrated hell outta dem
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by pinkygurl(f): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
MoneyMan5:

Check out Faruq Gbolahan Yusuff (@YusuffFaruq5): https://twitter.com/YusuffFaruq5?s=09

That is the link to his Twitter
Thanks
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
You're senseless!
MrBrownJay1:
Then he should settle for local universities that are cheaper...EOD!
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
If he's your son, would u make such statement?
shege45:
abi na
Or do they want us to contribute and send him out?
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by emmnprince(m): 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
You mean he could not monetized his skills to at least pay off the 50%? Either he learns the art of converting skills to money or the art of funds solicitation. He can still settle for local universities where he can up his game locally and be better.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Omoboy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
How are you sure his parents paid for TOFEL and not through people's help

quqote author=BabaIbo post=81064728]And he sat for TOFEL, he can actually use his skills to raise funds for the scholarship.

For him to sit for TOFEL, means his parents has some change with them(i.e he is privileged), some people sef to write waec or neco na war, some work for sometimes to gather money for their higher education and so on.
Some trained themselves through higher institution.

OP you are just publicizing him simple, next topic please[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by tianshie(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
The university should have given him a full ride scholarship. He should apply to other schools. He's a gift to any school that gives him acceptance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by shege45: 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
candygist:

Evil men. If you don't have meaningful thing to say just don't type.
lol but its the truth na
What do they want us to do

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
I expected you to feel pity for the boy and say words of encourage.
MrBrownJay1:

By all.means, tell us what he should do then....?!
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Jakumo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Bro, are you saying that any smart Nigerian MUST study abroad, and if they don't, it's the end for them?

Unlike university degrees from Ghana, as a regional example, Nigerian college diplomas are regarded with a lot of suspicion outside of Nigeria, simply because it is a well known fact that university degrees are very often PURCHASED by students who would otherwise have barely made it through high school, talk less of college.

Thus, any student who really is academically gifted would be best advised to seek that golden fleece in the West, meaning either Western Europe, Canada or the United States, whose institutions of higher learning are renowned and well respected globally. The truth is sad, but plain to see.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jakumo:

Unlike university degrees from Ghana, as a regional example, Nigerian college diplomas are regarded with a lot of suspicion outside of Nigeria, simply because it is a well known fact that university degrees are very often PURCHASED by students who would otherwise have barely made it through high school, talk less of college.

Thus, any student who really is academically gifted would be best advised to seek that golden fleece in the West, meaning either Western Europe, Canada or the United States, whose institutions of higher learning are renowned and well respected globally. The truth is sad, but plain to see.

You are absolutely right but we all have to agree that its a fact that NOT ALL gifted Nigerians will further their education in foreign unis. What would you suggest those that ain't got the means (to study abroad) to do?

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
hybridblood07:
I expected you to feel pity for the boy and say words of encourage.

If you don't see the word of encouragement in my initial post then I am sorry... I think that guy will do great regardless of where he graduates from.... because you can't take away true skills/intelligence
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Jakumo(m): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

You are absolutely right but we all have to agree that its a fact that NOT ALL gifted Nigerians will further their education in foreign unis. What would you suggest those that ain't got the means (to study abroad) to do?

If their examination grades are as spectacularly good as the ones shown for this young man, they should take the SAT and TOEFL examinations to prove their mettle for the world to see.

Exceptionally high grades in the SAT will place them in very good standing to seek both admission and scholarships in the West. Then, if those superb academic performances are sustained through their college years, "head hunters" from blue chip companies, who are constantly on the lookout for high flying academic overachievers, will COMPETE to engage those students the instant they graduate, in high dollar income positions paying orders of magnitude more than ANY comparable organization could offer anywhere in Africa.

Obviously the field of academic specialization is crucial to any given college student's marketability upon graduation, and without question those students who major in engineering sciences are always regarded as the cream of the crop, who, even prior to graduation, will be in a position to pick and choose from multiple competitive job offers all promising astronomical starting salary rates.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MikeTyson(m): 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Where is Arole and company... Shey they can make previous and the orange boy famous
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
I apologize for insulting you! But let be honest with ourselves, this boy deserve to school in abroad because I feel he will set record there. In Nigeria now, I think employers look at school which the applicant graduated from.
MrBrownJay1:

If you don't see the word of encouragement in my initial post then I am sorry... I think that guy will do great regardless of where he graduates from.... because you can't take away true skills/intelligence
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by IamCharles123: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Talents and geniuses always wasting away in Nigeria. Terrible!!
He's not wasting in nigeria na, he should go to one local university if he can't afford foreign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by IamCharles123: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
hybridblood07:
I apologize for insulting you! But let be honest with ourselves, this boy deserve to school in abroad because I feel he will set record there. In Nigeria now, I think employers look at school which the applicant graduated from.
There are lots of nigeria with same results, i know a boy that had all a's in waec, so are we to sponsor all of them abroad?
And trust me all a's in waec doesn't mean he's a genius o, make him enter school first.

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by candygist: 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

By all.means, tell us what he should do then....?!

Let him keep shut. You don't have to show your negative attitude if you don't have positive vibe.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
hybridblood07:

No offense taken bro.....
As much as yes he could get all the required support to go study abroad, if he doesn't then.life ain't over....there are still many avenues IN NIGERIA for him to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
candygist:

Let him keep shut. You don't have to show your negative attitude if you don't have positive vibe.

By all means, show us all what was negative about what I wrote?! Is going to Nigerian University something bad?!

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by IamCharles123: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
hybridblood07:
You're senseless!
You are the senseless one here, he's not the only one with good results, its a normal thing, if u can't afford to school abroad you school in nigeria.
He's even lucky, there are people looking for money to write waec n neco.

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by myfan: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
[b][/b]
Born2Breed:
Set up a gofund account, have a twitter account and tag some influencers.

@Op if you have this guys twitter account, please share it here and let's make him trend.

We nor dey know finish.

Hardworking kids like this needs all the support.

Workability is under probability. It may work, it may not work. Those big men you think, even when you tag them on Twitter and others, they may see it and wave away, pretending they never saw it. Wicked and those not wishing you well in life plenty in this country.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by jerryvyne(m): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
Judging by the results he's had 9 distinctions not 8
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by myfan: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
pinkygurl:

Need to dm immediately
Op do you have his twitter or Instagram handle?I know someone who can be of help

How about me that has been begging, appealing and soliciting for my 61k Naija school fees since and I haven't gotten any? Anywhere you can help me please?
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by myfan: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
People like us, see where I am currently even as I'm schooling in Nigerian Federal Institution. Imagine thinking of going to America to school considering my family financial background? That is unrealistic dream (except some miracles happen).
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
I just confirmed you're so dumb! These set of kids with good result should be sponsored by their state government because it will be of help in the future. People like u are the problem of this country.
IamCharles123:

You are the senseless one here, he's not the only one with good results, its a normal thing, if u can't afford to school abroad you school in nigeria.
He's even lucky, there are people looking for money to write waec n neco.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
To cut the story short, he still need money to school here. He is an indigene of a particular state and i'm they are well of his result. Whats stopping them frkm sponsoring these kids?
MrBrownJay1:

No offense taken bro.....
As much as yes he could get all the required support to go study abroad, if he doesn't then.life ain't over....there are still many avenues IN NIGERIA for him to succeed.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
I totally agree with you bro, but what's stopping their state government sponsoring them to school home or abroad?
IamCharles123:

There are lots of nigeria with same results, i know a boy that had all a's in waec, so are we to sponsor all of them abroad?
And trust me all a's in waec doesn't mean he's a genius o, make him enter school first.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Lamanii22(f): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Then he should settle for local universities that are cheaper...EOD!

Lol abi kosi time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Creator Doesn't Create Junk! / JAMB Fixes Date For 2016 UTME… See Full Details / What Is Modern African Drama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.