Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money (30894 Views)

Emmanuella Mayaki Gains US University Admission / 11-year-old Terrorist, Muhammed Yusuf Killed By NAF Airstrike In Borno (photo) / IPPIS: Government Can’t Use ASUU Platform To Pay Us — University Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Lamanii22(f): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
MoneyMan5:
- Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf from Ogbomoso town in Oyo state could not go to school despite having 50% scholarship from a US university

- The young genius had eight distinctions in his WAEC and was the best graduating student in his secondary school

- Yusuf is also good in software development and photography, making him a fully talented individual

Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf, from Ogbomoso town in Oyo state, could not fulfill his higher education dream despite having 50% scholarship to do so.

Born in Lagos on April 5, 2003, Yusuf has always been an academic genius. Graduating as the overall best student in his secondary school was a testament to that.

He had the best grades in eight subjects among which were further mathematics, general mathematics, English language and biology.

Yusuf also had eight distinctions in his school leaving examination and an aggregate score of 321 in 2019 UTME.

The young man’s enthusiasm for knowledge stirred his desire to self-teach himself some computer programming languages like Java, Phython, CSS among others with the internet as his resource place.

He also could develop apps using Arduino open source creation board, a tool where he was able to create a programme that allows users control televisions with their voice.

Yusuf is TOFEL certified with good examination grades. He got 50% scholarship to the University of Kansas in the US but could not take it because of lack of fund.

He is a trained photographer and has a dedicated page on Instagram where he showcases his works.

https://www.legit.ng/1252938-16-year-nigerian-loses-us-university-scholarship-due-lack-money.html

Eight distinctions! Wow... Does this mean WAEC purposely failed students back in those days?
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by IamCharles123: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
hybridblood07:
I just confirmed you're so dumb! These set of kids with good result should be sponsored by their state government because it will be of help in the future. People like u are the problem of this country.
U keep displaying ur ignorance with insult, so the state govt should sponsor student abroad. Aren't you just stupid.
What happened to the state university.
Besides u can't even compare waec now to waec of b4.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
I'm done arguing with you!
IamCharles123:

U keep displaying ur ignorance with insult, so the state govt should sponsor student abroad. Aren't you just stupid.
What happened to the state university.
Besides u can't even compare waec now to waec of b4.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jakumo:

So much hate you have for this young genius. You watch this space. I bet you that the attention of a Nigerian billionaire philanthropist will be drawn to this story, and the rest will be history, as this brilliant gifted shcolar takes off to further his studies in ANY university of his choice, from Oxford to Cambridge in the UK, or to any of the Ivy League colleges, Princeton, Yale or Harvard, in the USA.

Keep mocking him as you type on your 5 thousand naira dumb-phone while riding in your keke-Marwa on your way to work as a security guard.

Without question, this is NOT the end of this story, but the very beginning.

C'mon , you got this all wrong brother.

I am not hating on him, just stating that he's not furthering his education because he's not ready yet
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Jakumo(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
ennyhola:

C'mon , you got this all wrong brother.

I am not hating on him, just stating that he's not furthering his education because he's not ready yet

That is cool my brother. My impression is that this A-plus student is destined for very great heights of achievement, regardless of the path he chooses to arrive at that ultimate destination.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jakumo:

That is cool my brother. My impression is that this A-plus student is destined for very great heights of achievement, regardless of the path he chooses to arrive at that ultimate destination.
And he knows his onions

I bet it with you..this guy is making cool dough
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Kingchineme6(m): 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
cry
Kingchineme6:
This is the kind of people we(government organizations) should sponsor, not this non-educational program called BIG BROTHER NAIJA. cry
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:32am On Aug 09, 2019
hybridblood07:
To cut the story short, he still need money to school here.

He certainly does need money but I am sure it would be cheaper to school in Nigeria than it would be schooling abroad. Just because he is smart does not automatically mean he MUST school abroad. There are many smart kids schooling in Nigeria and there is nothing wrong with them, is it?

He is an indigene of a particular state and i'm they are well of his result. Whats stopping them frkm sponsoring these kids?

You really think that the way to go forward in Nigeria is to spend money, that would be best invested elsewhere (healthcare/education etc), to send local kids to school abroad?!?!?! Really?!

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by 9jaRealist: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2019
Jakumo:
Unlike university degrees from Ghana, as a regional example, Nigerian college diplomas are regarded with a lot of suspicion outside of Nigeria, simply because it is a well known fact that university degrees are very often PURCHASED by students who would otherwise have barely made it through high school, talk less of college.

Thus, any student who really is academically gifted would be best advised to seek that golden fleece in the West, meaning either Western Europe, Canada or the United States, whose institutions of higher learning are renowned and well respected globally. The truth is sad, but plain to see.

With all due respect, that’s just nonsense...
Once the US Embassy authenticates that it’s not forged, the substance of the certificate is NOT an issue.

Thousands of Nigerian university graduates have proceeded to graduate programs in the West...
And thousands of doctors educated in Nigerian universities are practicing in the UK, US and Canada.
>
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by 9jaRealist: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2019
temmypotter:
These guys above me though

In a sane country, the brilliant chap would have gotten all the neccesary assistance to ply his brilliance at the very top flight.

And for the silly comments above, the lot of you are probably frustrated empty headed dudes struggling to graduate with a pass even, what nonsense!

Nothing against the kid, but...

It is the local educational system that fostered his academic excellence...
Nigeria will never rise if every brilliant prospect is immediately shipped abroad.
>
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by ayodurodola(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2019
someone please get him in touch with me.....
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2019
Bro, we both have valid point! All I'm saying is, the government should sponsor extraordinary kids like these to school. Did you read about Nigerian students sent to abroad to study MBBS?
MrBrownJay1:

He certainly does need money but I am sure it would be cheaper to school in Nigeria than it would be schooling abroad. Just because he is smart does not automatically mean he MUST school abroad. There are many smart kids schooling in Nigeria and there is nothing wrong with them, is it?

You really think that the way to go forward in Nigeria is to spend money, that would be best invested elsewhere (healthcare/education etc), to send local kids to school abroad?!?!?! Really?!
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Born2Breed(f): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2019
myfan:
[b][/b]

Workability is under probability. It may work, it may not work. Those big men you think, even when you tag them on Twitter and others, they may see it and wave away, pretending they never saw it. Wicked and those not wishing you well in life plenty in this country.

I gave up already.

Cos the guy has given up too, no enthusiasm. He is more concerned about photography and I think he will excel more in that field.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Jakumo(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
9jaRealist:

With all due respect, that’s just nonsense...
Once the US Embassy authenticates that it’s not forged, the substance of the certificate is NOT an issue.

Thousands of Nigerian university graduates have proceeded to graduate programs in the West...
And thousands of doctors educated in Nigerian universities are practicing in the UK, US and Canada.
>

This reassuring statement is appreciated sir, though I will add that doctors who graduated from Nigerian medical schools do not simply commence practice in the UK, USA or Canada without first undergoing a series of intensive and exhaustive accreditation examinations before being permitted to practice outside of Nigeria. I have personally encountered medical doctors and lawyers who make ends meet in the USA driving taxi cabs and lecturing in high schools and junior colleges, illustrating that the career path you describe is by no means automatic and free of impediments.

Furthermore, graduates of Nigerian universities seeking employment in the West do encounter significant skepticism and close scrutiny, in their quest to enroll in graduate programs, though standards may be somewhat more lax in countries like Poland, whose own academic credentials are viewed with a jaundiced eye even within the European Union.
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by 9jaRealist: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jakumo:
This reassuring statement is appreciated sir, though I will add that doctors who graduated from Nigerian medical schools do not simply commence practice in the UK, USA or Canada without first undergoing a series of intensive and exhaustive accreditation examinations before being permitted to practice outside of Nigeria. I have personally encountered medical doctors and lawyers who make ends meet in the USA driving taxi cabs and lecturing in high schools and junior colleges, illustrating that the career path you describe is by no means automatic and free of impediments.

Furthermore, graduates of Nigerian universities seeking employment in the West do encounter significant skepticism and close scrutiny, in their quest to enroll in graduate programs, though standards may be somewhat more lax in countries like Poland, whose own academic credentials are viewed with a jaundiced eye even within the European Union.

It’s the same for graduates from EVERWHERE else...

It is NOT unique to Nigerian medical school graduates, and even local (US/UK/Canadian) also take SAME exams. It has NOTHING to do with the quality (or the purported suspicion) of Nigerian certificates. In fact if there was any such suspicion they would not have been qualified to take those board exams. It’s not like any person (including US, UK and Canadian citizens) can just show up and take board examinations.
>
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2019
hybridblood07:
Bro, we both have valid point! All I'm saying is, the government should sponsor extraordinary kids like these to school. Did you read about Nigerian students sent to abroad to study MBBS?

.... ok my bad, I thought your were saying like all the other people here that it's a NECESSITY that he should be sent abroad.

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by hybridblood07(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2019
Lol no nah. They should be sponsored to school. That's my point
MrBrownJay1:

.... ok my bad, I thought your were saying like all the other people here that it's a NECESSITY that he should be sent abroad.

1 Like

Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by Trustworthiness: 8:11am On Aug 12, 2019
temmypotter:
These guys above me though

In a sane country, the brilliant chap would have gotten all the neccesary assistance to ply his brilliance at the very top flight.

And for the silly comments above, the lot of you are probably frustrated empty headed dudes struggling to graduate with a pass even, what nonsense!

You are wrong guy.
The reality is what you yourself have said. " In a sane country......". This statement of yours speaks volumes and it is enough for those that are realistic enough to know that in Nigeria you dey for "OYO". So, you need to think out of the box and do something extraordinary to ensure you raise money before thinking of applying for any scholarship.
If truly he is genius, he should use his skills to raise money required of him and reapply for next year scholarships and stop wailing on the internet.
Since we are not in a sane country as per your words, going extra miles to achieve his dreams of schooling abroad will be necessary on his part.
With his software skills, if truly he is that good, he ought to have developed several, good android applications that will be for token on Android play store. By that he will raise enough money for his bills and still have a lots more raking in into his account.

So, it is only in a sane country your expect something to be done by your elected or selected rulers and not leaders.
#OYO, #standupforyour, #saynotorulers, #sayyestoleaders, #speakwithonevoice
Re: Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money by HenryBills: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
I am not exactly sure that those thoughts are correct. But I don't think that student loans are something bad. I can tell that I hadn't used them yet but I am going to take some student loan and now I am searching the most acceptable for me variant and company. Different reviews and different people recommend me some companies and I can't choose the best one. But now I think that I will use the services of TheGuaranteedLoans because, in my opinion, they have the wost affordable conditions. thanks for an interesting subject

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Fixes Date For 2016 UTME… See Full Details / Our Creator Doesn't Create Junk! / What Is Modern African Drama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.