Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Revolution I Long To See - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Revolution I Long To See (249 Views)

Sowore: The Revolution They Are Running From Is About To Happen / Countdown: The Revolution Will Begin on the 15th Of April / Charly Boy, Eedris Abdulkareem At The 'Revolution Now' Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Revolution I Long To See by son123: 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
I thought i was going to see a different revolution from the usual noise and placard protests that had been the norm in Nigeria and other climes.

Sincerely, i was looking forward to seeing Sowore leading some Nigerians to INEC's head office in Abuja to demand for electronic voting(E-voting) and 'forward match' the other comrades to NASS for the amendment of the Electoral Act in use to accommodate e-voting.

E-voting, with your Bank Verification Number, is the real revolution to set Nigeria on a new path because:

1 - it will make the votes of the electorate to count;
2 - ends thuggery and rigging;
3 - electioneering campaigns and elections will be issue based;
4 - the middle-class or educated elites will determine our leaders as against what we have now(godfathers);
5 - candidates that are prepared for office will contest;
6- 2nd term, in office, will no longer be a guarantee except when there is visible evidences of performance;
7- cost of election will reduce drastically(under #2bn);
8- result manipulation will be difficult to implement or eliminated;
9 - recycling old politicians will naturally go away with time;
10 - non-closure of the economy since you can vote from anywhere provided you have access to the internet; and
11 - no under age voting.

Nigeria will be the "United States of the World" few years from now should she embrace E-voting.
Re: The Revolution I Long To See by silvernus0: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2019
son123:
I thought i was going to see a different revolution from the usual noise and placard protests that had been the norm in Nigeria and other climes.

Sincerely, i was looking forward to seeing Sowore leading some Nigerians to INEC's head office in Abuja to demand for electronic voting(E-voting) and 'forward match' the other comrades to NASS for the amendment of the Electoral Act in use to accommodate e-voting.

E-voting, with your Bank Verification Number, is the real revolution to set Nigeria on a new path because:

1 - it will make the votes of the electorate to count;
2 - ends thuggery and rigging;
3 - electioneering campaigns and elections will be issue based;
4 - the middle-class or educated elites will determine our leaders as against what we have now(godfathers);
5 - candidates that are prepared for office will contest;
6- 2nd term, in office, will no longer be a guarantee except when there is visible evidences of performance;
7- cost of election will reduce drastically(under #2bn);
8- result manipulation will be difficult to implement or eliminated;
9 - recycling old politicians will naturally go away with time;
10 - non-closure of the economy since you can vote from anywhere provided you have access to the internet; and
11 - no under age voting.

Nigeria will be the "United States of the World" few years from now should she embrace E-voting.

(1) (Reply)

30 Students Were Taking Selfies When The Bridge Collapsed – ATBU VC Reveals / Akeredolu’s Two And Half Impactful Years In Ondo / Watch Funny Video, Rivers Youth Mimicking The Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.