Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank (13809 Views)

Nigeria Wins As UK Court Quashes $11 Billion P&ID Award / Seyi Tinubu Bought $11 million London Mansion In 2017 - Bloomberg / Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by chigo5(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2019
natureisgood:

Change your thinking Cap
and u too
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Reference(m): 11:15am On Aug 09, 2019
DP.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Reference(m): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2019
otokx:
Spent mainly on things that cannot be perceived by every day Nigerians.

So it is now you realize the futility and undesirability of top down, government heavy development models. You guys continue to support a stronger government led by 'strong men' and a weaker, docile and more subservient people not knowing that development can only happen in perfect partnership between the leaders and the led not the spoon feeding programmes we hear bandied around with zero accountability, so have done nothing to as much as shake the table of poverty.

Just wait till the final figures arrive for all the school feeding, npower whatever and 10,000 naira handouts to whoever are released then you wil probably faint..

In other climes it is the people who tell the government how they want to develop and the government organises it. Here it is the government that will tell the people how to develop and then leave them alone to organise it.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by stagger: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2019
$11billion!

Hmm. Na wa o.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by xperiencelove(m): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2019
That is why told Nigeria Muslims going for pilgrim in Saudi Arabia that stoning of devil should be done in Nigeria not in such a beautiful country and city like Saudi and Mecca respectively. After completing other parts of the pilgrimage, the stoning should be done in Abuja , Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Abeokuta, Otuoke, Daura etc
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by MobilityExpress: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2019
Both the giver and receiver are thieves. 75% of the projects are abandoned projects, 20% are invisible projects, projects that only exist on paper and not real life, the remaining 5% that manage to be executed are substandard and don't last beyond maybe a year or 2. Yet these world bank continue to release money to our corrupt government despite knowing that 85% of the money is being embezzled and unaccounted for, because the world bank staffers are getting kickbacks on it. The only people that i pity here are the American taxpayers. Because 90% of UN funding comes from America. Previous American governments have been the MAGA the whole world has been scamming. That's another reason they hate Trump because he has started cutting down UN funding and telling other countries to pay up their own share.

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by relicng: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2019
Free paint production manual(https://relikproduct..com/2019/08/following-our-formula-this-manual-you.html)
Paint business is one of the most lucrative business any entrepreneur can think of. We all know that after oil and gas business, real estate business is the next biggest business across the globe. Real estate business can’t function without paints, they are needed to beautify and put finishing touches to completed building. Old buildings are being repainted every now and then to meet up with needs and aspiration of the people.
To be sincere, ordinarily what we are giving you is far more than the amount.
You can even follow someone in the name of learning paint making for 3years without getting what we are giving you in this package.
Go to https://relikproduct..com/2019/08/following-our-formula-this-manual-you.html to get your free manual

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by HENRY940: 11:25am On Aug 09, 2019
you mean on the North
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by qleap2all(m): 11:26am On Aug 09, 2019
I hope they - Opposition believes this because if Buhari /APC had said it, heaven would have fall
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Reference(m): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2019
stagger:
$11billion!

Hmm. Na wa o.

Of course it will shock you because you were never a part of it from outset to conclusion. You are just getting the bill. It is like getting a restaurant bill for food you didn't order neither did you eat, of exotic culinary delicacies you've never even heard about.

Won't you say at least say... 'Mr. World Bank waiter, you must be mistaken. I didn't order all that. It simply cannot be because from this side... my belly is still empty... as a matter of fact I am still starving'....

Such is the lot of the average Nigerian citizen. We had better arise from slumber and begin to speak out against these scenarios. Let them call it rebellion or coup plotting. It is not our business. No one is giving us a bill for food we have not eaten, period.

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by NothingDoMe: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2019
fergie001:

The thing even affect your calculator, you use exponential? grin grin grin

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by ekaromail: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2019
Hmmm.... Our leaders are killing us o!

Our next class starts on the 26th of August, 2019. It's going to be two separate classes running at the same time.

1. Content Creation Class for those who want to produce content regularly for their blogs and social media pages, and not run out of ideas.

2. Practical Writing Class for those who want to learn how to write or those who want to brush up their writing skills

Registration is open. Inbox me for details.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Giftexx: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2019
bighorlus:
Where are the projects undecided

Many world Bank roads ongoing in ibadan.
It's better than handing d monies to the govt.
The projects are carried out themselves(world Bank)
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by olametrix(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2019
Why it's doesn't show in my body
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by bighorlus(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2019
Giftexx:

Many world Bank roads ongoing in ibadan.
It's better than handing d monies to the govt.
The projects are carried out themselves(world Bank)

Okay thanks for the clarity, Giving money to our government is just basically throwing it away

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Pennywise(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2019
The thing about Nigerian corruption is that it corrupts everyone completely. A proper audit of world bank commitment will find a lot of dirt on its officials in nigeria including Benmessaoudade

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Bigmikedagod(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2019
i just hope they know that 90 percent of the money never reached Nigeria but is rather being saved in European banks...

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by wizardus: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2019
World bank..We no see am o......APPEALS NKO?
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by TSRC: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
chigo5:
d man fit corner some sef
Of course NA.
But it would at least make More impact.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
TSRC:

If they even give that money to the Tony elumelu foundation to give $10,000 to 1000 would-be Nigerian entrepreneurs for the next 5 years.

The Nigerian economy would feel the impact.

Elumelu na armed robber. All banks are giving out loans. It is only UBA that is easier for a camel to pass through eye needle than you getting a loan. People says charity begins at home. Elumelu is a thief! He should at least help his customer to access loan. Instead he will be jumping up and down and claiming spider-man. I pray all his nemesis catch up with him. AFD, PROPACO, IFC are all watching. He goes there to beg for money and then spend it anyhow. Don't be surprised how much Elumelu would have gotten from the said $11Billion

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by PapaAdanna: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
You have spent 11billi dolls in the northern part of Nigeria... Put it in perspective.

No amount of aid can help the northerners, they are the problem to Nigeria... Their rate of ignorance and illiteracy can't be cured in tenth generations ahead

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by bemyguest(f): 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2019
World Bank ta! Are you guys sure of what you saying cause we in Nigeria cant see it ooooo.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by sapientia(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
You mean in the North as instructed by Buhari.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by gudugudumeje: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
...Buying from W/Europe& N/America exotic cars, and covering sleazes, unnecessary purchases, contents and short-falls as well as expensive life styles for the projects, staff and project managers - yet passed over the decades as loans to foolish Nigeria govts. At the end poverty grows and development eludes Nigeria(ns)... That is World Bank for you...
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by michoim(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
over the years... clearly specify the duration...i know the majority of that money is during PDP era.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by ElsonMorali: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
That's nothing. Obasanjo spent 16BILLION DOLLARS on just electricity but bought darkness for Nigeria instead.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by follock007(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
but the wages handed to me so far is comparatively poor compared to when you put in from 2003 till 2010 even though the former year's wages were shaky, this time the littlest we have carries more than 90%... We are in hell. I hope to see a paradigm shift soon than later
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Garrieveryday: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
maybachmusic:

yea

all these NGOs dont exist down south

so they should rephrase their thrash headlines

you can live years without seeing a world bank car or red cross vehicle down south

Very true.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Kkings11: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
ElsonMorali:
That's nothing. Obasanjo spent 16BILLION DOLLARS on just electricity but bought darkness for Nigeria instead.

If you still believe this then you've been not been current.

I also believed that but found last year it was all a lie.

Yes he spent a lot but no where close to that amount.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by Garrieveryday: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
Reference:

Of course it will shock you because you were never a part of it from outset to conclusion. You are just getting the bill. It is like getting a restaurant bill for food you didn't order neither did you eat, of exotic culinary delicacies you've never even heard about.

Won't you say at least say... 'Mr. World Bank waiter, you must be mistaken. I didn't order all that. It simply cannot be because from this side... my belly is still empty... as a matter of fact I am still starving'....

Such is the lot of the average Nigerian citizen. We had better arise from slumber and begin to speak out against these scenarios. Let them call it rebellion or coup plotting. It is not our business. No one is giving us a bill for food we have not eaten, period.

Is there a way a reply letter can be sent to the World Bank in regard to this? Your comment actually is very sensible and I think it's better if we Nigerians can write to them to berate their claims in so far we have felt no impact coming from the said $11B. We can write to them and tell them, oga, this amount of money you claim to have spent in Nigeria, we've not seen anything on ground, NOTHING, therefore, we cannot accept it. Let's go back and audit how the money was spent.
Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by BabaGrinz(m): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
Plse whr is d $11b cos I am expecting my own share

Re: We Have Spent $11 Billion In Nigeria – World Bank by ElsonMorali: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
Kkings11:

If you still believe this then you've been not been current.

I also believed that but found last year it was all a lie.

Yes he spent a lot but no where close to that amount.

oh really? so how much did he spend then? just curious.

Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils / Buratai: Ineffective Armoured Vehicles Setbacks In Counter Insurgency Operations / President Buhari Revalidates His APC Membership