Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils (13809 Views)

List Of 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike / National Assembly Approves Life Pension For President, Vice In New Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by dejt4u(m): 2:54am On May 28, 2015
Osun State House of Assembly on Wednesday passed the bill to create 36 additional local council development authorities to jack the total number of councils in the state to 66.

The Speaker said this in a statement made available to our correspondent by his media aide, Mr. Goke Butika, on Wednesday. Salaam said the the lawmakers passed the bill to create the additional councils because of administrative convenience.

The statement read, “Osun State House of Assembly has finally passed the law creating additional 31 local council development authorities, three Area councils and two administrative units.
“At a plenary session presided over by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Najeem Salaam, the parliament explained that the creation of local governments, Area Councils and Administrative units became imperative in order to bring government closer to the grassroots.

“The primary purpose of the creation of the councils and administrative units was for the administrative conveniences, not to hyper-bloat the already existing over-bloated civil and political regimes which have become albatross to the limited resources of the state.”

The Speaker then urged Governor Rauf Aregbesola to prioritise the assent of the law in order to set up committees that would work out the asset and liabilities for the take off of the new councils and units.
The chairman, House Committee on Local Government, Mr. Wasiu Adebayo, said,
"Osogbo being the state capital is bigger and demands to be further split, while Ejigbo has not been split since 1956 despite its size. Odo Otin considered to be the biggest council since 1972 also got two more councils.”

He stated that Osogbo, Ejigbo and Odo Otin Local Government Areas were given two more councils each, while some other local governments were split with one council each.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-assembly-approves-creation-of-36-additional-councils/

lalasticlala, Ishilove
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by dejt4u(m): 2:56am On May 28, 2015
I hope the man will nt disorganize this sector exactly the way he did to the education section..

Click like if you also think that 'education in Osun is a show of shame'

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by tociano009(m): 3:02am On May 28, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by phransix147(m): 3:16am On May 28, 2015
No be to create, na who go fund them?

13 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Polithiefcian(m): 4:13am On May 28, 2015
. Ok
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Tightguy(m): 5:12am On May 28, 2015
IMAGINE !! A poor state that is still looking for resources in order to pay the teeming staff for over 6 months , has gone ahead to create more local councils and development areas. This literarily implies more responsibilities , more offices , more employments , hence more salaries to be owed.
I expect the dumb assembly at this most trying time for the state to make legislations that would help improve the internally generated revenue for the state. They should also increase their oversight function to large federal institutions domiciled in the state and the state board of internally generated revenue , to be sure they are all remitting and collecting the appropriate taxes respectively.
Ohh my dear country , when are we going to ever get our priorities right

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by drkay(m): 5:18am On May 28, 2015
If this is true then Aregbe is a green horn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by stinggy(m): 6:14am On May 28, 2015
shocked 66 shocked

What manner of stupidity is sweeping through Osun
This slouch can't even manage 30 successfully, yet he wants to raise it 66.
Are the Assembly members too cursed never to make use of their brains even if you belong to the same party?
For a leader that is not interested in conducting elections in 30 councils just for the purpose of short-changing the LGs and stealing funds meant for them, now he wants to increase it to 66...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by badnature: 6:20am On May 28, 2015
the will used it to generate more revenue
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Drniyi4u(m): 6:30am On May 28, 2015
badnature:
the will used it to generate more revenue
Lol.... Can u expatiate

2 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by hooged: 6:36am On May 28, 2015
Employment galore grin wink

1 Like

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:46am On May 28, 2015
Aregbesola shouldn't cause confusion and constitutional problem. Yes, states' houses of assembly have power to create LGAs, with the reality on ground, it's not feasible. Where is the fund to run them?
In Lagos State, where Tinubu created an additional 30 councils, they're called LCDA yet they've the same status as the 20 LGAs.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Johnnyessence(m): 7:04am On May 28, 2015
kudos to aregbe for the creation of local council development areas it was chief adebisi akande that created d first 30 local governments now aregbe av tried again creating another 30 LCDA well in all glory be to God .fayemi when he was in ekiti government created LCDA, Tinubu created LCDA up till today d LCDA are still functioning well infact creating jobs and revenue to people and d youth at large expanding d scope of d local government created we love these development it's a good development .these are d the promise ogbeni promise d electorates during his manifestoes. i pray by d special grace of God he pays d salary of d workers and d strength to work through out in his 4 years service will be strong and strengthened.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by J3da: 7:28am On May 28, 2015
A man was in his jeep, he got to the Kano traffic,
he looked up and
he saw a man flying an airplane, he said" how i
wish, if I will reach up to this level so i can avoid
kano traffic, when he looked behind he saw a
man in a small car praying to God to give him a
jeep to avoid the heat, As that one looked up he
saw another man in a motorcycle (Okada) also
praying to God to give him a small car because
the sun is too much.
Another man was trekking across the bridge also
praying for God to give okada to avoid crossing
the bridge all the time, As he walked down he
saw a cripple also praying for God to give him
legs so that he can cross the bridge without
wheelchair, As the cripple was praying he saw
ambulance
passing by and the person inside also praying for
God to give the dead body life and take away the
two legs. Moral Lesson:
No matter your condition always
give thanks to God.
If you are grateful to God today,
just take 2seconds of your time and "LIKE IF YOU ARE THANKFUL"

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Hammefeez: 7:29am On May 28, 2015
Haters Lay Low!

Osun Ti N Dara!

If you are not in Osun dont comment!

If you are from Ile-Ife or neighbouring towns don't comment

If you 've recieved direct or indirect gift (money, shirt, unbrella, cap or "fake" Federal Task force slot ) from PDP before, don't comment.

Be sincere!

Besides those bad ass-------We are proud of our Governor in Osun.

#WeTrustAregbesola

2 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by ireneony(f): 7:29am On May 28, 2015
how will this improve d lice of average Nigerians
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by idithlove(f): 7:30am On May 28, 2015
Ohk
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by alobam1: 7:31am On May 28, 2015
Johnnyessence:
kudos to aregbe for the creation of local council development areas it was chief adebisi akande that created d first 30 local governments now aregbe av tried again creating another 30 LCDA well in all glory be to God .fayemi when he was in ekiti government created LCDA, Tinubu created LCDA up till today d LCDA are still functioning well infact creating jobs and revenue to people and d youth at large expanding d scope of d local government created we love these development it's a good development .these are d the promise ogbeni promise d electorates during his manifestoes. i pray by d special grace of God he pays d salary of d workers and d strength to work through out in his 4 years service will be strong and strengthened.

Chief Akande created the 30Local Govt in Osun state?Please tell me another Lie abegi..Please and Please

15 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:32am On May 28, 2015
If creating the centres will pay osun workers' salaries, then let him go on.

If it will make the state so viable that it will be taken off the list of poorest states in the country, let him be fast about it.

I dont know why our people will leave important issues and pursue propaganda.

I am not against creating them if the state is viable, but why add to your burden when the one you are carrying is breaking your neck

2 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by gen2briz(m): 7:34am On May 28, 2015
Osun again
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by nationwide1(m): 7:34am On May 28, 2015
I hope they can fund those councils.
Managing the current ones is already an uphill task and the best they can think of creating new councils.
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by dejt4u(m): 7:35am On May 28, 2015
Johnnyessence:
[s]kudos to aregbe for the creation of local council development areas it was chief adebisi akande that created d first 30 local governments now aregbe av tried again creating another 30 LCDA well in all glory be to God .fayemi when he was in ekiti government created LCDA, Tinubu created LCDA up till today d LCDA are still functioning well infact creating jobs and revenue to people and d youth at large expanding d scope of d local government created we love these development it's a good development .these are d the promise ogbeni promise d electorates during his manifestoes.[/s]

dumb head.. So since Osun State was created in 1991, there are no LG until Chief Bisi Akande's tenure of 1999-2003.. Chief Akande only announced the creation of those kangaroo LCDA few days to 2003 general election when it was very obvious that he will lose his re-election bid..

Johnnyessence:
[s]i pray by d special grace of God he pays d salary of d workers and d strength to work through out in his 4 years service will be strong and strengthened.[/s]
mayb you shld embark on 3months fasting and prayer..

He cant even pay salary again, now tell me how he is gonna fund the new LCDA.. Borrrow borrrow i guess..

Aregbesola is a disgrace to APC and nigerian politics at large

8 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by ITbomb(m): 7:35am On May 28, 2015
All these last minute activities sef
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by dejt4u(m): 7:36am On May 28, 2015
Dnt mind d dumb head guy jare
alobam1:

Chief Akande created the 30Local Govt in Osun state?Please tell me another Lie abegi..Please and Please

4 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by oismail(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2015
I know Osun very closely but are they ready for this I know they do!
But the salary of the workers there will be below minimum wage; I can bet on that.
They are only doing that to create employment not for the sake of developing the state.

1 Like

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Blackfire(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2015
The existing ones are not paid, u are creating more,is it not madness, well maybe he has another plan.
Politicians sef

5 Likes

Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by Godfreyexcel(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2015
Nigerians with the way they think
Re: Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils by ej77: 7:38am On May 28, 2015
u can't even pay salary. u are creating local govt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Ortom Visits Areas Affected By Flood In Makurdi (photos) / Tinubu Trying To Sell Rejected Apc To Oyo People – PDP / Full Text Of Bola Tinubu’s Speech At His 67th Birthday Colloquium In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.