Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? (6476 Views)

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2019
kingreign:

Toyota AE80/AE86, tercel, Camry 1st gen, 4 runners, land cruisers, celica, the list plenty. 80% of Toyotas built then are still running.

lolz, I didn't want to answer....
I just wonder why so many people hate Toyota like this....

what did Toyota do to them...
OK I apologize for Toyota trying to monopolize the Third World Countries by making their vehicles quite simple and straightforward.....

I miss the remote window control that my EOD had oh...
chai

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by thebigkendo(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2019
banky3w:
Las Las, Toyota, Honda, VW, Benz, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Audi, German cars, Japanese cars, American cars is a state of mind. Different strokes for different folks. One man's food is another man's poison. I may not be rich and I may prefer German cars and I may be extremely wealthy but do prefer Japanese, it's all a state of mind.

Is a lie.. Toyota is the best car angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

I understand and concur....
problem is, many many people in this our "Third World Country" do not joke with reliability....
because the bulk of their personality lies therein....

many people will want to have a reliable vehicle along their dream freelander... just to be on the safer side....

and lemme correct something else said here....

MECHANICS FOR ALL BRANDS ARE NOT EVERYWHERE.....

I found that the hard way.... maybe in Lagos, Abuja, PH
...but not everywhere...

when I lived in North Central.... so many Hondas then, dunno about now.... of course there will be expertise who through several failed attempts to revive one vehicle or another, have found several means to solving different problems...

in the east, Toyota plenty.... take ur Lincoln navigator there and let it have one major issue there.... then u will understand the need to follow herd sometimes...

So many advantages of following herd......so many...
if I begin list... e no go finish....

that said, I'd advise anyone that wants to buy a car to go for his heart and accept the other things that MIGHT follow!

In summary, you are telling us that cos your car can be fixed easily it is classified as reliable right??
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by dokyOloye: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

In summary, you are telling us that cos your car can be fixed easily it is classified as reliable right??
That is d beginning and end of d toyota hype.
That even a vulcaniser can fix Toyota cars,backed up with cheap and substandard Chinese clone spare parts.
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
Homguy:
I recently moved to a popular north American country where everyone in naija seems to be migrating to these days. I decided to get a preowned car, and since I had used 3 toyotas that have served me well in Nigeria I decided to try to get a 08-12 Corolla. To my shock the prices for corollas of these years was equal or more than prices for later years of other car brands. In fact, unlike cars like Nissans,Chevrolets ,VWs where prices seriously depreciate with high mileage, high mileage Toyota brands are still more Expensive than most other brands. I used to think it was just the Nigerian bandwagon effect that made used toyotas more expensive

So to my conclusion, it's not just about having bad roads in Nigeria, or the careless nature of Nigeiran car owners, nor the cluelessness of our kazeems,...

There actually might be something special about the Toyota brand. Maybe it's that rest of mind that it gives you knowing you won't get stranded anytime or anywhere or it's just their branding techniques that has been so successful. If you have any other opinion, please share.

Lol. When I use to say that it's not just a Nigerian thing many people argued with me. Used Toyotas are generally expensive in North America and most of the Toyotas on Nigeria roads were imported from North America. So what do u expect?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

Bross the Oldest cars on Earth are the Merc!
Ask yourself this question, how many Toyota turns up at the classic shows.Toyota more than 200k miles is dead compared to an Audi and a BMW

Lol big fat lies. Put an Audi or bmw at 200k miles on the market with s Toyota with over 200k miles. The Toyota will sell as quickly as possible while the Audi and BMW will rot on the stand unless when sold for very cheap

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

nope....
just correcting you... that's why I had to pause before adding that
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
dokyOloye:

That is d beginning and end of d toyota hype.
That even a vulcaniser can fix Toyota cars,backed up with cheap and substandard Chinese clone spare parts.

bros, don't misquote me na....
read my post welllllllll
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by izzou(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
After driving an Audi A4 2007 model, I see Toyotas differently

Especially that corolla angry

Nonsense tin of milk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by izzou(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by pocohantas(f): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
cool
izzou:

Nonsense tin of milk

Now you have seen the light.

Go ye into the world and spread the gospel.

Lmao. Izzou I thought this was in the UBER thread. Na now I see where I dey o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
greenhulk:

Lol big fat lies. Put an Audi or bmw at 200k miles on the market with s Toyota with over 200k miles. The Toyota will sell as quickly as possible while the Audi and BMW will rot on the stand unless when sold for very cheap
How does selling quick make it reliable?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

nope....
just correcting you... that's why I had to pause before adding that
Look ask an average Nigerian why he prefers Toyota,
Answers.Oga E easy to repair
Oga the parts cheap

Reliable is when you don't break down,for repairs.
I'm not surprised son people will pot to Hyundai and kia and call it reliable.
All these cars wey go lose alignment by default.
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

How does selling quick make it reliable?

U said Toyota at 200k miles is dead (or didn't u say that). So how come a 'dead' car is worth more than a supposedly solid car? Does that make sense?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
greenhulk:

U said Toyota at 200k miles is dead (or didn't u say that). So how come a 'dead' car is worth more than a supposedly solid car? Does that make sense?
Cos it was SOLD I N/TO AFRICA
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

Cos it was SOLD I N/TO AFRICA

Not true bro. Used Toyotas are sold within the US and they are not cheap even at high mileage compared to other brands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
greenhulk:

Not true bro. Used Toyotas are sold within the US and they are not cheap even at high mileage compared to other brands.
it is the export market, Check the cost of cars Africans ran away from see how cheap they are in the US, like the infinity fx brand
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by weyreypey: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
izzou:

Nonsense tin of milk
Do you know that no Corolla beats my Audi A4 B6 2.0alt on highway fuel economy..... Not talking about stability yet o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by weyreypey: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Hmmmm
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by weyreypey: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
greenhulk:

Hehehe you are very ignorant
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by weyreypey: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
author=Homguy post=81073721]I recently moved to a popular north American country where everyone in naija seems to be migrating to these days. I decided to get a preowned car, and since I had used 3 toyotas that have served me well in Nigeria I decided to try to get a 08-12 Corolla. To my shock the prices for corollas of these years was equal or more than prices for later years of other car brands. In fact, unlike cars like Nissans,Chevrolets ,VWs where prices seriously depreciate with high mileage, high mileage Toyota brands are still more Expensive than most other brands. I used to think it was just the Nigerian bandwagon effect that made used toyotas more expensive

So to my conclusion, it's not just about having bad roads in Nigeria, or the careless nature of Nigeiran car owners, nor the cluelessness of our kazeems,...

There actually might be something special about the Toyota brand. Maybe it's that rest of mind that it gives you knowing you won't get stranded anytime or anywhere or it's just their branding techniques that has been so successful. If you have any other opinion, please share.[/quote]
What discount on your imported cars?
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by weyreypey: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
diportivo:
nobody on nairaland can win the war against toyota

dont even bother

toyota crew and these guys below,no difference grin

So you snapped these guys at ikorodu...
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by weyreypey: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
antagonist:

idiot like you

of course that is the next thing, call your so called group of non entities with empty heads and loud mouths to be professional ass lickers and zombies

have sense, no, you prefer to be parading your stupidity around like a clown cap

yes, you managed to get a range rover and ship and convert, no problem, please stay with your wonderful range rover and Benz and what not, and leave Toyota alone

fool

you and all of your followers and gang are just useless drums of condemned oil
You are very irresponsible, lack manners, uncouth and vastly primitive. It takes a lot of inferiority complex and sense of worthlessness to talk to other people like you do. Kindly find some self worth. At least you are made in the image of God, start from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by diportivo: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
you are mad

and you have me to tell u undecided

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by sultaan(m): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
I have learnt something here in the US, if you see an old Corolla or Camry on the road it is usually owned by an African the JJCs
If you take an old Corolla or Camry to the auction it will be bought by am African.Americans NEVER bid on old Toyota because you can't outbid Africans unless you want to lose money.
Only those who have driven a old Toyota and old other brands will understand other point of view.
Toyota might be no1 in reliability, but lags on driver satisfaction.
Most who argue for Toyota here still dream of owning a Corolla and they will fight when their dream is being diminished

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

it is the export market, Check the cost of cars Africans ran away from see how cheap they are in the US, like the infinity fx brand

Lol. So Africans control the prices of used cars in the US? Lol. How far can't u people go ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by thebigkendo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
sultaan:
I have learnt something here in the US, if you see an old Corolla or Camry on the road it is usually owned by an African the JJCs
If you take an old Corolla or Camry to the auction it will be bought by am African.Americans NEVER bid on old Toyota because you can't outbid Africans unless you want to lose money.
Only those who have driven a old Toyota and old other brands will understand other point of view.
Most who argue for Toyota here still dream of owning a Corolla and they will fight when their dream is being diminished

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
sultaan:

U guys are funny. So it is Africans that buy all the tens of millions units of Toyotas that rolled out of the factory when brand new. Or maybe u don't just know that these used cars were once brand new. Brand new Toyotas sell at the ratio of 3:1 compared to many other brands in the US. Is that also an African thing? If they don't sell so many of those cars brand new they won't be much in the used car market.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by VolvoS60(m): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
pocohantas:
cool

^^^^

cry

I thought you were with Team Toyota...
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
greenhulk:

Lol. So Africans control the prices of used cars in the US? Lol. How far can't u people go ?
check the % of people who owns older toyota cars ie above 12 years in the US
Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
erico2k2:

check the % of people who owns older toyota cars ie above 12 years in the US

Why are u dodging my own question. Is it Africans that buy all the Toyotas when they were brand new? If they didn't sell so many millions when brand new then there won't be enough in the used market to be shipped to Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
greenhulk:

Why are u dodging my own question. Is it Africans that buy all the Toyotas when they were brand new? If they didn't sell so many millions when brand new then there won't be enough in the used market to be shipped to Africa.
you are repeating what was said, brand new was not bought by African Americans, however, African Americans bought more of the 2nd hand ie used Toyota, which in turn goes on an export market. And don't 4get, the American auto industry is small compared to the Europe market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. / Between 2003 Corolla And 2001 Camry, Which Is A Better Option / See How Expensive Cars Are Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.