Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi (36601 Views)

Photo Of Alex Iwobi And Terem Moffi's Fathers At UNN In 1985 / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Draught: 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Loveberg:

So you think Iwobi can take the attacking midfield spot(Number 10 role) from Sigurdsson??

Bro lets look at it this way in 4-3-3 formation

Pigford
Coleman... Jagielka...Keane... Digne
Sigurdson..Andre Gomes.. Iwobi
Walcott.. Kean.. Calvert Lewin or Bernard

1 Like

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Bawofss(m): 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Arsenal buying players on credit but can collect full payment from oda clubs for thier players.......useless club. gunners for life

4 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 09, 2019
Draught:

Pigford

old man where u keep richalison? mind u gueye has gone to PSG so please include a number 4 there.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Draught: 12:22am On Aug 09, 2019
vic17:
old man where u keep richalison? mind u gueye has gone to PSG so please include a number 4 there.

I knew I was missing one or two persons in the first team,

Especially in defense and attack

Thanks for reminding me ☺

Regardless I still feel Alex would make a hit in this squad

1 Like

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Insectkiller: 12:26am On Aug 09, 2019
Blue dey run for ur blood.. grin

Make sure u score against arsenal... Everton 2 vs 1 Arsenal (Iwobi 17", 67". Lacazette 90"wink grin grin sad sad
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by bluefilm: 1:04am On Aug 09, 2019
It feels so good to know that the stupid and uncoordinated iwobi has finally left arse-anal.

That guy is just so good in playing rubbish.

Wow!
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by boluwaji191(m): 1:11am On Aug 09, 2019
Wish him best of luck at everton
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Performanking(m): 2:09am On Aug 09, 2019
No more excuses. He is now at a team with zero expectations, had zero expectations and will never have expectations beyond being in the top 10.

He has to score goals, that is what ppl remember and his scoring rate, for a player of his caliber is putrid.

I wish him the best,.... I guess now when Everton is playing I will actually watch.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by ofiko123(m): 3:26am On Aug 09, 2019
Congratulations to Alex iwobi in his new club..
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by immaculate1234(m): 4:41am On Aug 09, 2019
Vulcanheph:
This means No champions/europa league For iwobi

What is champions there ?
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by OTayobami(m): 4:42am On Aug 09, 2019
vic17:

Young man why do you think they signed Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Adebowalay(m): 5:43am On Aug 09, 2019
ARE YOU CONSIDERING GIVING YOUR WALL A FACE-LIFT? LOOK NO FURTHER REACH US FOR YOUR WALLPAPER, 3D PANEL AND WALL MURAL SALES AND INSTALLATIONS...AND WHEN IT'S DONE.. IT WILL WOW YOU..CALL ADEBOWALE ON 09074026945
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by omonla10(m): 5:46am On Aug 09, 2019
Draught:

Pigford

so u mean Andre gomez will play holding midfield role.. Impossible.. Probably shneiderlin
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by doublecross(m): 5:48am On Aug 09, 2019
nobodytestme:
Let him shave that hair and go back to his normal low cut and see whether that thing pursuing him
Will leave him alone..
Damn this guy was good then, just all of a sudden after he started growing dreads , he lost it
Wish him the best though, he still has age on his side and can improve
wetin concern dread for how pesin take dey play?
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Zaikon(m): 5:55am On Aug 09, 2019
Famocious:
Mixed feeling sha.. He created most goal scoring chances for Arsenal last season and scored 3 Premiership goals.

Unfortunately, most English Arsenal fans don't appreciate his efforts. He's just 23 though.. Nigeria most expensive player for now.
I hope he improves on his decision making at the final 3rd of the pitch and make more attempts at hitting the ball hard when shooting.

I wish you all the best and time for me to start following Everton's matches grin

Same thought... No little appreciation for the guy... Hopefully he get more playing time and get better there, Everton matches included...

1 Like

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Zaikon(m): 5:58am On Aug 09, 2019
doublecross:
wetin concern dread for how pesin take dey play?

Here in Africa mostly west Africa ww attached succes to different happenings.
Which is almost true.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by drey076(m): 6:32am On Aug 09, 2019
Iwobi's deal is a cool business for arsenal
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Reference(m): 6:33am On Aug 09, 2019
festacman:
It is true that Alex Iwobi is product of Arsenal Academy but he is first and foremost a young PROFESSIONAL footballer who needs ample playing time to develop more and achieve his potentials. The reality is that with the new signings at Arsenal and many promising academy prospects, Alex Iwobi will not have much playing time. So staying put because he loves Arsenal won't help him at all. Moving on is the best option for his career. I am sure he has the blessing of his parents to do that.

In any case, with Theo Walcot, he has a warm company waiting for him to often reminisce about their days at Arsenal. Moreover, Everton FC manager seems to like him, which is a good news. Wishing him a bright future. There is no doubt that if he 'blows' at Goodison Park, Arsenal will come calling once again for his signature.

Once a gunner, always a gunner.

'Playing time' and 'Play time' in soccer english are not the same thing. The former is the amount of time you spend on the advertising boards of the world, career wise.... play time on the other hand is what you do, what you advertise on that board.

I repeat again. Arsenal is a far more stable platform for that young man to grow and be nurtured. The quality of players around him, the competition for shirts and the training will be fiar superior to what anything Everton has to offer. The gaffer likes him, good... the question is for how long will this romance last since the management of Everton are in the habit of putting lovers asunder as quickly as they come. Everton has not been a stable club since David Moyes left and management changed.

The long and short of the story is, he will grow from Robin to become Batman but he may never play Champions league soccer again and may not improve his game and long term transfer prospects. I don't think this is a good move. He will get lost in the sea of Premiership actors.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by JERRY1925(m): 6:37am On Aug 09, 2019
Loveberg:

So you think Iwobi can take the attacking midfield spot(Number 10 role) from Sigurdsson??

That man played with fear at arsenal... He would play with pride in his new club.. And lot of respect would even be given to him. No-one respected him at arsenal.

3 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2019
Very good move
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Kenneth10110(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2019
I just hope no other top team in England signs him later on. Iwobi really needs to go his form dropped since he grew dreads. I can remember how i was always shouting Arsenal should sell him during games i mean goals he could have converted against Leicester until Arsenal got a red card and lost also crystal palace. Good Luck Alex.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by 27Pushing30: 7:29am On Aug 09, 2019
Famocious:
Mixed feeling sha.. He created most goal scoring chances for Arsenal last season and scored 3 Premiership goals.

Unfortunately, most English Arsenal fans don't appreciate his efforts. He's just 23 though.. Nigeria most expensive player for now.
I hope he improves on his decision making at the final 3rd of the pitch and make more attempts at hitting the ball hard when shooting.

I wish you all the best and time for me to start following Everton's matches grin
Lol after Everton na Burnley , I’ve been telling people these past two seasons Iwobi doesn’t have the mentality to make it at the very top level
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Starhearts: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2019
nobodytestme:
Let him shave that hair and go back to his normal low cut and see whether that thing pursuing him
Will leave him alone..
Damn this guy was good then, just all of a sudden after he started growing dreads , he lost it
Wish him the best though, he still has age on his side and can improve

Will u keep quiet
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by safarigirl(f): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2019
27Pushing30:

Lol after Everton na Burnley , I’ve been telling people these past two seasons Iwobi doesn’t have the mentality to make it at the very top level
you're 27 pushing 30 and you're still talking yawo.

I hope you have reached a top level in your own career, since you're older than the Iwobi you want to come here and slate

2 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by 27Pushing30: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2019
safarigirl:
you're 27 pushing 30 and you're still talking yawo.

I hope you have reached a top level in your own career, since you're older than the Iwobi you want to come here and slate

Lmao the ignorance in your post is amazing! How old are you?

Lemme ignore the personal attack first and refer you to google where you can see the giant strides Nigerians are making abroad when given the right tools for development.

Iwobi has been afforded all he needs to develop (including game time) but hasn’t shown enough promise hence Arsenal’s decision to sell (No club will sell a very promising player if they believe he’s still got plenty to offer). They clearly believe he has peaked and the next four years won’t yield anything better.

You inability to read and digest (comprehend) should be classed as a disability and yeah I’m doing very well in my field and if I wasn’t then same can be said.

Best regards.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by bubu2019: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2019
Vulcanheph:
This means No champions/europa league For iwobi
I bet Everton will pass your darling arsenal on league log by the end of the season
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by bubu2019: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2019
omonla10:
so u mean Andre gomez will play holding midfield role.. Impossible.. Probably shneiderlin
jagieka is no longer at Everton
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by NotJobless: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by 2LESS(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2019
Draught:

Pigford

Did u forget Richardson?
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Mrjo(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2019
festacman:
It is true that Alex Iwobi is product of Arsenal Academy but he is first and foremost a young PROFESSIONAL footballer who needs ample playing time to develop more and achieve his potentials. The reality is that with the new signings at Arsenal and many promising academy prospects, Alex Iwobi will not have much playing time. So staying put because he loves Arsenal won't help him at all. Moving on is the best option for his career. I am sure he has the blessing of his parents to do that.

In any case, with Theo Walcot, he has a warm company waiting for him to often reminisce about their days at Arsenal. Moreover, Everton FC manager seems to like him, which is a good news. Wishing him a bright future. There is no doubt that if he 'blows' at Goodison Park, Arsenal will come calling once again for his signature.

Once a gunner, always a gunner.
Everton is not a guarantee for regular football there are others ahead of him and two Everton is not playing more competition than arsenal
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by festacman(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2019
Mrjo:
Everton is not a guarantee for regular football there are others ahead of him and two Everton is not playing more competition than arsenal
If Iwobi's quality can not get him a starting shirt at Everton then he should forget it. The fact that the manager likes him means he will pay special attention to him to make him deliver. Everton is not a bad place to train, play and develop. For example, PSG recently bought a player from them. Note that Iwobi's moves comes with pay rise from £30k to between £100 - 120k aside playing time and Arsenal smiled yobyhe bank for their investment in him. Not completely bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Snubbed Pitch Invaders, Opposition Player, Got People Talking / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of World Cup(photos) / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.