Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads (25421 Views)

Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living / Lagos Residents Decry Regular Road Crashes By Clubgoers / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Kiloseria: 4:55am On Aug 11, 2019
My concern is that oyigbo road , how can China civil block the whole access, people die every week due to kidnapping and robbery while using alternative route. The work is extremely slow and poorly planned.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Deadlytruth(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2019
Litmus:
I know how ridiculous the following will sound but it is doable: we should put down metal roads. Just because it’s probably not happened before is no reason why we cant pioneer it. Nigeria is useless at maintenance and beside the high cost of constructing metal roads will be offset by longevity. Incidentally how are bridge roads constructed, I’ve not seen pot-holed bridge roads.

Bridge roads have drainage systems that are very fast and effective. Have you ever seen water gather on a bridge for up to 10 minutes after rainfall? If the drainage systems on ground roads are constructed to be as effective as those of bridges, potholes will become history on ground roads.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2019
bash8936:

The only road that is not good in Lagos are the Federal Government roads. No major state Govt road is this worst

Please don't call Lagos. The roads in PH are way better than the ones in Lagos. Yes there are bad roads in PH but not as many as that of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 11, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
There is no state in Nigeria currently that doesn't have one, two, or more bad roads. Lagos State has more bad roads than Rivers State currently. Some of the raods op mentioned and some he didn't which I took cognizance of are under repair and the state actually has good roads.

Like I stated, Wike fixed the Iwofe road when he took office and to my utmost surprise, like two junctions on the road is terrible. Would we blame that on contractors or road users? The location road is also under repair, one along mile3 is also under repair. These are the roads I used this week and saw contractors working on.

No state in Nigeria is a haven. Abuja inclusive. We all have our peculiar problems.

What I would be more frank about is the area of security. The government has to do more on that and I hope his new initiative works.

I laugh when someone said the roads in Lagos are better than Rivers. It's obvious that person hasn't left Lagos or SW.
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by nairamaniac: 9:30am On Aug 11, 2019
jodeci:
all listed failed portions are federal roads except mgbuogba/nta/location road junction.

That's not an escuse. All state governments have as arrangement with federal government, whereby the state government repairs the federal roads that passes thru the state and put in for payment from the federal government.

All they do is work hand in hand with the federal misinstry of works for costing and evaluation of the job before it is done.

They always get refunded.

By the way, I like your Monika , I was a big fan if Jodeci
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by mrvitalis(m): 11:27am On Aug 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

I don't think so with what I have seen tonight.

I don't go out much since I only stay on the Island but i often go to my mum's family house at Oshodi. And I can say except for some areas around Mushin, roads along that axis are fairly ok.

I also go to Orile/Alaba for business and until recently roads along that axis are fair. I believe the most complained about road in Lagos is at Badagiri axis.

I have not really encountered roads in Lagos worst than what I am seeing in these pictures

That aside, Rivers state is an oil producing state with a huge revenue base, I don't think roads should really be this bad in that state.
How good are the roads in lekki and ajah
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Akpuoru: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Where did I state that the Akar abi Aker road is fixed? I remember saying the state of Aker junction is deplorable but the rumuolumini road was fixed by Wike 4yrs ago.
Well I don't know what you mean by Rumuorlumeni road. Rumuorlumeni is a big community with many roads, most of which are in deplorable states; Aker road, Nkpor Road, Eagle cement road, Mgbodohia road, none is good. I suppose you were referring to Iwofe road that was started by Amechi and completed by Wike. Worthy of note about this road is that the dilapidated portions are the areas done by Wike and these start from after City crown hotel downwards. One phrase you no longer hear is "Mr Project". It appears governance is on hold in Rivers State.
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by otokx(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2019
Anaskie:
How come nobody is talking about Tank junction, Rumuodara/ Rumukwurushi axis.

That has to be one of the worst roads in Rivers State, and the government isnt doing anything about it.

Is it a state road?
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Iamgrey5(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

How good are the roads in lekki and ajah
The main roads is fine, only the inner city roads are bad during raining season because of poor drainage which is more of the fault of those living in the area than government's fault.
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Iamgrey5(m): 11:49am On Aug 11, 2019
Freedem:

See mentality, the only thing that matters to you is proving I'm Yoruba. Not the disgusting video of the dilapidated infrastructure I showed you in Oshogbo.

Won to fi ori yin mu garri. Awon ode

Make you no go sit down somewhere and think of how miserable your existence is in that shit hole.

You probably don't have light as we are speaking and your internet data will soon finish.

Like I said all of you including Igbo, south south or whatever are the most useless people on earth.

At the rate in which Nigeria is growing it will take 1000 years for it to become developed, if you don't get nuked before then.
Oponu afofun gbe mu, dadan Didi dogede lu ina cheesy

Stop typing Yoruba it's exposing you the more.

There's nothing about Osogbo that should ordinarily bring it into the conversation here, apart from the stupidity of ipob guys to always make silly excuse for their governors. cheesy
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by mrvitalis(m): 11:53am On Aug 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
The main roads is fine, only the inner city roads are bad during raining season because of poor drainage which is more of the fault of those living in the area than government's fault.
These roads being shown in ph are just a section less than 20 metres in length each of them

South south and south east people complain a lot while west are north are more tolerating

I have been to lekki ,ajah if ph GRA roads where that bad the governor would be bottled out of office

I have been to oshogbo ,just few major roads with 10% of street ever tared ...if owerri was like that the governor wont last a week

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Iamgrey5(m): 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

These roads being shown in ph are just a section less than 20 metres in length each of them

South south and south east people complain a lot while west are north are more tolerating

I have been to lekki ,ajah if ph GRA roads where that bad the governor would be bottled out of office

I have been to oshogbo ,just few major roads with 10% of street ever tared ...if owerri was like that the governor wont last a week
Stop believing In your own lies

Aregbesola stooge almost lost an election despite paying half salary to less than 40% of workers for over one year. Abia state government won election in a landslide despite not paying a single dine in nearly a year. He is not even pretending to be working on infrastructure like Aregbesola did.

Meanwhile, Osogbo has tarred roads almost everywhere in the state. it's the main reason APC strongest support always comes from Osogbo in Osun state. So i don't know which osogbo you are referring to in your post.

www.osundefender.com/special-report-top-10-roads-osun/

Ajimobi the former governor of Oyostate lost in his own polling unit despite not doing badly In infrastructural development. He actually tarred nearly every road leading to his local government and never owed more than two months of salary to state workers. Yet, people voted him out because he was too proud and becauset of what he did to students in the state university.

Obasanjo was our son, yet some of his biggest critics in his Government were Yorubas.

Yorubas don't tolerate nonsense. we never do.

Always think deep before making wild assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by mrvitalis(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Stop believing In your own lies

Aregbesola stooge almost lost an election despite paying half salary to less than 40% of workers for over one year. Abia state government won election in a landslide despite not paying a single dine in nearly a year. He is not even pretending to be working on infrastructure like Aregbesola did.

Meanwhile, Osogbo has tarred roads almost everywhere in the state. it's the main reason APC strongest support always comes from Osogbo in Osun state. So i don't know which osogbo you are referring to in your post.

Ajimobi the former governor of Oyostate lost in his own polling unit despite not doing badly In infrastructural development. He actually tarred nearly every road leading to his local government and never owed more than two months of salary to state workers. Yet, people voted him out because he was too proud and becauset of what he did to students in the state university.

Obasanjo was our son, yet some of his biggest critics in his Government were Yorubas.

Yorubas don't tolerate nonsense. we never do.

Always think deep before making wild assumptions.
Before u come here and lie i did my camping at the NYSC camp Ede that place is a bush
Stay in oshogbo for weeks umuahia beats its hands down in any angle u want to put it
Not to talk about aba ...u think its to post ariara market and call it aba i get araira is as big as Ede buts its still a market

People who are owed salary in abia are primary school teachers and not all ...

Even at that the reason PDP won is because Ngwa wanted their son to remain while the rest abia was locked between APC and APGA

I are just ignorant even ur ex governor wrote tinubu telling him how igbos has passed ur south west even with war
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Iamgrey5(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Before u come here and lie i did my camping at the NYSC camp Ede that place is a bush
Stay in oshogbo for weeks umuahia beats its hands down in any angle u want to put it
Not to talk about aba ...u think its to post ariara market and call it aba i get araira is as big as Ede buts its still a market

People who are owed salary in abia are primary school teachers and not all ...

Even at that the reason PDP won is because Ngwa wanted their son to remain while the rest abia was locked between APC and APGA

I are just ignorant even ur ex governor wrote tinubu telling him how igbos has passed ur south west even with war
Hahaha Where in Osogbo did you live?

I lived in Aba becauset I did my Nysc in Abia state and I have not seen a more neglected state in my whole life. cheesy

Osisoma Ngwa road looks like a road to hell, Most inner city roads are as terrible as I have seen in my life.

Most people defecate on road side and throw it in the bush.

The road is full of mud during the raining season to the extent that we had to wear rain shoe.

I stayed in umojima axis and i can even give you the address of the school I served if you doubt.

I have been to Owerri, Enugu and Onisha. I have seen the level of neglect in those states.

At least, you can see the infrastructural development by Mr Aregbe in the link I posted above and disbute them. grin

You must think you are talking to a novice

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
illiteratepmb:
Umuorlumeni
the umuorlumeni u are talking about is it in owerri or where?
Cuz the name of my hometown is Rumuorlumeni
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Are you now the one to tell him the name of his hometown.

Are you okay,? Imagine cancelling it.

cc
Thisis2raw :
see me see trouble ooo,
If you ask him why his calling Rumuorlumeni umuorlumeni, he will say thats an igbo community in rivers state. Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: North Must Give Power To South – Shettima / Names Of National Population Commissioner-Nominees Confirmed by Senate / Reno Omokri To Fani Kayode: You Sold Kanu & Igboho For "30 Pieces Of Silver"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.