Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps - Jobs/Vacancies (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps (1184222 Views)

Ekiti: TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2019. How To Apply / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by wendyecho: 5:37am On Mar 12, 2021
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Jossy4love: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2021
Just got a call now that the list is out, how true is it?

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by lonikit: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2021
Jossy4love:
Just got a call now that the list is out, how true is it?
maybe the person meant npower

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by HarunaWest(m): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2021
lonikit:

hihihih

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Ponytail22: 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
grin grin grin
lonikit:
grin
lonikit:
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by starbuck(f): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lagosians, abeg make una put calls across if it's possible during his program and ask about the recruitment.. I don't know what the topic is all about because I am not from west but I don't mind if you can deviate and force out words from him grin grin

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Ibrahim94(m): 7:08am On Mar 14, 2021
Topic of the discussion in Yoruba is simply means ' Our achievements so far'.
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by sunday83: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Just finished listening to d above program, the minister said the recruitment process will be completed before d end of the year and that new recruitment maybe in d fire service will soon begin, nd that we should be patient, they want to ensure transparency in NSCDC ND NIS recruitment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by lonikit: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
sunday83:
Just finished listening to d above program, the minister said the recruitment process will be completed before d end of the year and that new recruitment maybe in d fire service will soon begin, nd that we should be patient, they want to ensure transparency in NSCDC ND NIS recruitment.
end of the years? this is serious. everybody should get busy with something else o. it is well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Rogersmith(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
sunday83:
This shows clearly lack of funds. They must have used the funds for somethings else hoping to source funding from another channel...

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Parisleo: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
Rogersmith:

This shows clearly lack of funds. They must have used the funds for somethings else hoping to source funding from another channel...
Recruitment process also include camping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by starbuck(f): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
So it means the possibilities of the list showing is after Easter / Ramadan

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by mimick(m): 5:43am On Mar 15, 2021
He didn't mention recruitment at all. He was just saying they were building a gigantic facilities for inmates and before the end of the year it would be completed. He said 3 will be completed and commissioned before the end of year across three Geo political zones.
North West, North Central, South South
While South West, South East and North East will be next year
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by sunday83: 6:15am On Mar 15, 2021
mimick:
He didn't mention recruitment at all. He was just saying they were building a gigantic facilities for inmates and before the end of the year it would be completed. He said 3 will be completed and commissioned before the end of year across three Geo political zones.
North West, North Central, South South
While South West, South East and North East will be next year
Maybe u didn't listen when d presenter asked him the question about NSCDC recruitment sir?
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Namek86: 12:58am On Mar 16, 2021
I think , he was asked about the civil recruitment, he said they are working on it, hopefully before the year end . Hope am right, because I don't understand yoruba, is my Yoruba neighbor that interpreted to me .
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Rabz4real(m): 6:40am On Mar 18, 2021
NSCDC And A Convoluted Recruitment Process
5 hours ago

NSCDC

Zenith Account Opening
More than 17 months after the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB) opened its recruitment portal on August 9, 2019, the final list of successful recruits is yet to be published. This is in spite of the fact that in excess of 1.4 million Nigerians had scrambled for the 5,000 job openings advertised by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC). The harrowing situation marks yet another testament to Nigeria’s acute unemployment debacle.

A total of 1, 477, 042 million applications were received through the Corps’ website at the close of submission on September 7, 2019. Sadly, of that number, the CDFIPB, a department under the Ministry of Interior, announced that only 10,000 applicants were to be recruited. The figure was, however, consistent with the annual intake for the corps in the past.

To make matters even more harrowing, the federal government rejected the 10,000 figure advertised and argued that it had provisions only for 5,000 new recruits. A figure it claimed was captured in the 2020 budget.

Even with that number, and also given that the Board had proceeded to screen and invite the successful candidates to a Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) which was conducted on December 8, 2020 in the 36 States of the federation and FCT, the delay in releasing the shortlisted candidates still persists.

This newspaper is worried that the silence by the relevant authority is creating room for speculations that perhaps backdoor recruitment had already been carried out after subjecting these desperate Nigerian youths to undeserved pain and anguish.

samndaads
While we are not unaware that political, traditional and business heavyweights with actual or perceived influence are fighting to reserve slots for their wards and other preferred candidates, we make bold to remind both the ministry of Interior and the new leadership of the Corps that long -term unemployment can have serious negative consequences for the individual, society and its economic system. People who are unemployed for a long-term period find it more difficult to be employed as time goes by.

Employment, without doubt, has an essential role to play in all societies. People often define themselves by the contributions they make in the society through their jobs and are frequently recognised by others through an assessment of what they do for a living. Beyond the economic angle to it, it has a psychological sphere that rubs off on the character of the individual and how he or she is perceived.

Unemployment, on the other hand, has largely been blamed for the intractable security challenges in Nigeria. This unwholesome scenario is compounded annually as close to 4.5 million youths are added to the labour market every year. Previous studies had focused on national job creation schemes as prospects for managing unemployment challenges. A lot more is needed to be done in this direction.

It is an undeniable truth that unemployment queues in the country have been growing exponentially. It is also true that few spaces that are available cannot take up the huge number of graduates that the higher institutions are churning out yearly. The situation where about 1.4million persons applied for the 5,000 vacancies in the NSCDC dramatizes in a sad way the urgency of the moment as far as re-positioning the society and rebuilding it along the path of rectitude is concerned.

It is important not to forget that it is the aspiration of parents of young school leavers, at whatever level, that their wards get well paid and decent jobs after the completion of their studies and the mandatory National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) programme. Regrettably, the wish and expectation of many a parent and their wards in that regard are fast becoming nightmares.

While plans are on by the public and private sectors to lift this vale of uncertainty, this newspaper appeals to the corps to summon the courage to stick to its criteria for employment and disqualification, and ultimately make merit its watchword, at least given the security implications of its functions. We are afraid, though, that this might not be the case. We can only imagine the number of notes, personal visits and telephone calls to the agency’s leadership by very important personalities seeking preferential treatment for their own candidates.

This lacuna unwittingly created by the delay in concluding this recruitment process is beginning to present its own challenges as internet fraudsters are taking advantage of the delay to dupe unsuspecting applicants of their hard earned money with the promise of helping them secure appointment letters.

We are, therefore, compelled to appeal to the corps and its supervising council to expedite action on this recruitment process that has taken unnecessarily long time.
I pray it touches their hearts.

8 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by jeffsticky: 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
I pray this week comes with good news for us all.
AMEN

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Rabz4real(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Amen oo

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Col84: 2:24am On Mar 22, 2021
Pls someone should add me on civil def whatsap group 07035760651
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by a3adebayo: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2021
I think d government want to use diz recruitment 4 2023 election
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by a3adebayo: 8:02am On Mar 22, 2021
Puppy pure breed 4 sale.. Call or whatsapp if interested 08167575701
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by MusaMalami: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2021
Something is wrong,

I saw an appointment letter, it's recent.
A friend of mine just got employed in the inspectorate cadre. He got the slot through serving senator in North East.
I know some of you will start arguing but I swear to got it's real.
I can't send the appointment letter here for confidentiality reasons.

His appointment letter got me thinking, if things will ever get back to normal on this country.
Something we've been waiting for for years and now is given secretly.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Makavelli099(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2021
MusaMalami:
Something is wrong,

I saw an appointment letter, it's recent.
A friend of mine just got employed in the inspectorate cadre. He got the slot through serving senator in North East.
I know some of you will start arguing but I swear to got it's real.
I can't send the appointment letter here for confidentiality reasons.

His appointment letter got me thinking, if things will ever get back to normal on this country.
Something we've been waiting for for years and now is given secretly.
His appointment falls under replacement, which is done at any time if you got the right connect

So my brother nothing is wrong
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by mimick(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2021
Awaiting officers, Are you all thinking what I have been thinking, if NSCDC refuse to shortlist successful applicants for screening and documentation in the next two weeks I'm not sure it will hold again until ending of may 2021

Here are my reasons:
* Muslims faith will soon commence their compulsory one month Ramadan (fasting). starting from 14th, April 2021 till 14th of May 2021.

* Many applicants are Muslims and they may not strong enough to Partake in the screening during fasting especially running and other exercise as screening and documentation may takes two or more days

* Most of the officers will also be on fasting which many will not find easy to take many tasks

* Minister of interior and comptroller general (CG) of NSCDC are also Muslims, they should look into this before it's too late.

I pray we should all be among successful applicants. ��

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
So this evening, I spoke with my connect, I asked him, why there's delay, and all he said was, there were alot of irregularities, which they are trying to correct, and also they are trying to make room for new officers. they have to promote some and demote some as well. Once all that is sorted out, they will continue the recruitment, he said it's same with immigration

Went ahead to say, if I'm following NSCDC news I'll see those stuff he mentioned about promotions and demotion etc

How we go do, we go still dey wait na, till they are ready for us.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by gidob(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mimijenipha:
So this evening, I spoke with my connect, I asked him, why there's delay, and all he said was, there were alot of irregularities, which they are trying to correct, and also they are trying to make room for new officers. they have to promote some and demote some as well. Once all that is sorted out, they will continue the recruitment, he said it's same with immigration

Went ahead to say, if I'm following NSCDC news I'll see those stuff he mentioned about promotions and demotion etc

How we go do, we go still dey wait na, till they are ready for us.
But all these can be done during the six months training.

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by jeffsticky: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2021
I believe the main reason for the delays is lack of finance.
The money allocated to us have been used to settle bandits.
Let's keep on praying and hoping for the best.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by seantei(m): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
mimick:
Awaiting officers, Are you all thinking what I have been thinking, if NSCDC refuse to shortlist successful applicants for screening and documentation in the next two weeks I'm not sure it will hold again until ending of may 2021

Here are my reasons:
* Muslims faith will soon commence their compulsory one month Ramadan (fasting). starting from 14th, April 2021 till 14th of May 2021.

* Many applicants are Muslims and they may not strong enough to Partake in the screening during fasting especially running and other exercise as screening and documentation may takes two or more days

* Most of the officers will also be on fasting which many will not find easy to take many tasks

* Minister of interior and comptroller general (CG) of NSCDC are also Muslims, they should look into this before it's too late.

I pray we should all be among successful applicants. ��
As simple as your pamutations are.....salah is 11 of may 2021....
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by seantei(m): 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
seantei:

As simple as your pamutations are.....salah is 14 of may 2021....
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by starbuck(f): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
Please who knows the outcome of their SAID meeting today
Re: NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by Rabz4real(m): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
I never knew a meeting was scheduled to hold today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (343) (Reply)

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.