Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools (8612 Views)

Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? / 2023: Nigerians Will Rejoice Again, Okowa Assures / Enemy Within: Between Aniomas & Ikwerres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by bigfrancis21: 6:29am On Sep 04, 2019
cheruv:

Guy... Ikwerre of the obio/akpo and southern emohua areas use rụmụ for 孫 instead of ụmụ

Other Ikwerre areas use 'umu' instead? Or 'omu'?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by bigfrancis21: 6:34am On Sep 04, 2019
nextdoor84:
A welcome development by Gov. Okowa! Patiently waiting for wike to institute the same in Igboid Rivers. God bless Umu Igbo worldwide. Proudly Nwa Ekpeye.

Daalu. I have a question.

Can a native ekpeye person born and raised in ekpeye land who has never left ekpeye land all their life understand central igbo when they first hear it?

I just want to understand how closely related or diverse the ekpeye dialect is.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by nextdoor84(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Daalu. I have a question.

Can a native ekpeye person born and raised in ekpeye land who has never left ekpeye land all their life understand central igbo when they first hear it?

I just want to understand how closely related or diverse the ekpeye dialect is.

Thanks for this question!
The more you move towards the interior part the harder it becomes to see an ekpeye person who can understand/interact with you fluently in igbo. But when you go to some of our communities at the edge of ekpeye land e.g those close to ogbaland, emuoha(ikwerre) or along the great orashi river then your chances are high....when you listen to the language with great patience and attentiveness, you would realize we have a lot in common with the larger igbo community! We have so many clans in ekpeye land that are very proud of their igboid root, and my humble self is one of them.
Kind regards.

9 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by BENARI: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
nextdoor84:

The more you move towards the interior part the harder it becomes to see an ekpeye person who can understand/interact with you fluently in igbo. But when you go to some of our communities at the edge of ekpeye land e.g those close to ogbaland, emuoha(ikwerre) or along the great orashi river then your chances are high....when you listen to the language with great patience and attentiveness, you would realize we have a lot in common with the larger igbo community! We have so many clans in ekpeye land that are very proud of their igboid root, and my humble self is one of them.
Kind regards.

I dey feel you Nwoke Oma

7 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by gidgiddy: 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I'm not saying that Igbo language shouldn't be taught in Anioma schools but why stop their own dialect? Can't both coexist?

I dont know how they can co exist when both are the same thing. There is no language called Anioma, what they speak is Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Marotzke(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
nextdoor84:

Kind regards.
There is nothing wrong with the Ekpeye dialect.
If an Nnsukka man from Ikem speaks, hardly would an Igbo from Atani hear him.
Same thing , if Ezza in Ebonyi speaks, Mbaitolu in IMO won't.
Central Igbo is a hybrid dialect to unify and codify Igbo language.
Differences in dialects does not nullify language / Tribal homogeneity.

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Osagyefo98:
I don't like the Idea.
It is best decision taken by the governor. It doesn't stop Aniomas from speaking their various dialects

6 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
jafol:
If Yorubas make this law in southwest oh my world the same idiots n cursed people will be wailing and tearing yorubas down on social media
Central Yoruba is spoken in the South West
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
ElsonMorali:
How's this good? You want to erase the language of a people? Why? Can't their language coexist with yours? Na wa o
No it can't. Each dialect can't be understood by Aniomas hence the creation of central igbo

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
jafol:

Federal university located in southwest right? Funny thing is that you igbos will not see anything wrong if it happens in Nsukka
It is wrong to enforce Igbo language in a federal school

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Marotzke(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
jafol:
If Yorubas make this law in southwest oh my world the same idiots n cursed people will be wailing and tearing yorubas down on social media
your analogy is faulty.
Yoruba's in the South West already have a hybrid dialect with which they all communicate with.(Educated or Township Yoruba).
Who will mind if the kogi State Governor makes the law that Okun Yoruba uses Central Yoruba to teach Yoruba language in kogi state?
Don't let bigotry make you to compare apples with oranges.
So who is the Idiot now?

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2019
Marotzke:
your analogy is faulty.
Yoruba's in the South West already have a hybrid dialect with which they all communicate with.(Educated or Township Yoruba).
Who will mind if the kogi State Governor makes the law that Okun Yoruba uses Central Yoruba to teach Yoruba language in kogi state?
Don't let bigotry make you to compare apples with oranges.
So who is the Idiot now?
Shut up useless fool. I’m talking about making Yoruba language compulsory in southwest schools and other areas. You will see Igbos n igbos who never want peace in southwest protest
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is wrong to enforce Igbo language in a federal school
But your people want to enforce it in SCHOOLS meaning both private n public schools ode
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

Central Yoruba is spoken in the South West
Of course what do u expect us to speak chinese? If it’s enforced in all schools like ur south east governor want to do. I know u cowards will call it tribalism
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
jafol:

Of course what do u expect us to speak chinese? If it’s enforced in all schools like ur south east governor want to do. I know u cowards will call it tribalism
Excluding federal universities
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

Excluding federal universities
Including federal universities. So federal universities mean so much to u igbos since when?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 06, 2019
jafol:

Including federal universities. So federal universities mean so much to u igbos since when?
Federal universities conglomerate many tribes

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 4:13am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Federal universities conglomerate many tribes
It does but adding Igbo language to all schools includes both state n federal.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2019
jafol:

It does but adding Igbo language to all schools includes both state n federal.
They will not include federal schools

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by gidgiddy: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2019
nextdoor84:

Kind regards.

The average Igbo wont understand deep Ekpeye. I have heard the speak it and was completely lost. It sounds Igbo but it isnt so much

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by sofiscatedmoron: 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nice one
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by chiefobdk(m): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2021
Astark:
Urhobo(Edoid ethnic group) own delta state so its impossible to teach only Igbo there
Urhobo, is urhobo stop stealing people...

Urhobo re one of the owners of Delta.. Thr ownership begin and end in thr land..
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by chiefobdk(m): 11:15am On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

The language is being introduced in all schools.. Are the Anioma the only tribe in Delta state?

You sound confused

You had to lie to defend ur hypocrisy...

The Igbo Language is for Anioma only
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by chiefobdk(m): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2021
true2god:
My apologies!

Shameful the way u allowed that guy guilt trip u into apologising when u re right..

The language is for anioma and the yoruba Muslim guy knew this
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Eastlink over to you
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Sergio101(m): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Pan igbo cool
Good to have him
But we are for Obi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dickson Says November Election Is About Ijaw Nation / Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity / Nimet In Frantic Move To Rescue Nine Kidnapped Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.