Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) (4420 Views)

Man Caught With Dagger Approaching Peter Obi At Oyo Rally - Bishop P.O Evang / Igbariam: IPOB Accused Of Killing 19 Fulani People In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Truckload Of Fulani People Intercepted In Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
Does anyone know?

1 Share

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Chuks9000: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
Does anyone know?
Fulanis do not live our kind of life. In the course of their everyday job, they relate more with wild life. The knife is suited to the hazards they face...
Such practice have now become common place for their male irrespective of his type of "job".

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by hahn(m): 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
And why do security personnel seem to ignore them like it's normal.

I will also like to know

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by hahn(m): 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chuks9000:

Fulanis do not live our kind of life. In the course of their everyday job, they relate more with wild life. The knife is suited to the hazards they face...
Such practice have now become common place for their male irrespective of his type of "job".

That's why they go around with daggers in the city?

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chuks9000:

You can see that man is inside market selling wrapper while armed with dagger, at least he's not in the bush now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Kingosytex(m): 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
Does anyone know?

I think you should ask Mallam Ruga on twitter @MBuhari.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Chuks9000: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
hahn:

I will also like to know
Hmm
You wey dey poke ur finger inside anus, no complain when u touch sh1t.
Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chuks9000:

I would have replied the same but which wild animal shoe maker, tomatoes seller... won kill

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by chucks185: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
I THINK THEY THINK THEY HAVE MANY NEEDS FOR IT.THEY USE IT AS A WEAPON WHEN FIGHTING,THEY CAN USE IT IN THE BUSH AS WELL
Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by hahn(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chuks9000:

Hmm
You wey dey poke ur finger inside anus, no complain when u touch sh1t.

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Charleys: 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
Fulanis have the right to bear weapons, but not us.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
Kingosytex:

I think you should ask Mallam Ruga on twitter @MBuhari.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by timecapsule: 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
They are using it for a selfish purpose. They believe that other people (tribrs) are infidels which they can use it on.
They are always moving around with it ever since all our security personals knows about it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by timecapsule: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
The purpose of the daga is not for a wild life in the bush. Can they use it kill even Snake.

Its meant of those their mind is telling them that are their infidel

chucks185:
I THINK THEY THINK THEY HAVE MANY NEEDS FOR IT.THEY USE IT AS A WEAPON WHEN FIGHTING,THEY CAN USE IT IN THE BUSH AS WELL

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by timecapsule: 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
Pls can you tell me the right they have than others.

Charleys:
Fulanis have the right to bear weapons, but not us.
Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by shadrama(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
monopoly, just monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by timecapsule: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
The same reason they are using to carry guns now. They have upgraded to guns level now for those they rebel as infidel, but not for a wild life.

Government knows because... Na dem dem.

hahn:

I will also like to know

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by smileyoo: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
due to the nature of their profession, they 've realised the importance of self_defence: unarmed man is a vulnerable man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by scribble: 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
hahn:

That's why they go around with daggers in the city?

Don't you know Nigerian cities are akin to the wild when it comes to the herdsmen

Lagos is haram and in the wild west of haram you may need to slice a neck or two or commit a kidnapping or two.

A dagger makes it easier to navigate the wild haram streets of Lagos

I mean what if you need to amputate a burglar

Please let them ride on. Besides Tinubu is their jagaban

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by hahn(m): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2019
scribble:

Don't you know Nigerian cities are akin to the wild when it comes to the herdsmen

Lagos is haram and in the wild west of haram you may need to slice a neck or two or commit a kidnapping or two.

A dagger makes it easier to navigate the wild haram streets of Lagos

I mean what if you need to amputate a burglar

Please let them ride on. Besides Tinubu is their jagaban

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by MetaPhysical: 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
Traditionally sword was a mark of manhood and honor all over West Africa. Swords are considered heirloom in traditional Soudan lifestyle and are worn as mark of honor at important occassions where men gather to celebrate marriage or cultural festivities in honor of the land and ancestors.

Many of the ethnic groups in West Africa have abandoned sword for dagger.

Far more have stopped carrying any such symbol of family heritage and social status.

Fulani still do. They have not abandoned this ancient practice once common and observed all across West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Texman21: 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Traditionally sword was a mark of manhood and honor all over West Africa. Swords are considered heirloom in traditional Soudan lifestyle and are worn as mark of honor at important occassions where men gather to celebrate marriage or cultural festivities in honor of the land and ancestors.

Many of the ethnic groups in West Africa have abandoned sword for dagger.

Far more have stopped carrying any such symbol of family heritage and social status.

Fulani still do. They have not abandoned this ancient practice once common and observed all across West Africa.
someone who understands it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by davillian(m): 1:58am On Aug 10, 2019
They prefer to die fighting.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by proudevil: 8:41am On Aug 10, 2019
Op stop your propaganda.
You mixed the pic of azawads in Mali,and the Chadian MLA rebels and the last pic of Nigerian police during the dialog with bandits in zamfara.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2019
Same reason southerners carry machete and perhaps why this Nyamiri boy pictured with a masquerade was carrying one.

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by sofiscatedmoron: 9:32am On Aug 10, 2019
Herdsmen things

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by sofiscatedmoron: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2019
ItsMeAboki:
Same reason southerners carry machete and perhaps why this Nyamiri boy pictured with a masquerade was carrying one.
I been dey think say aboki get small sense wey still remain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by PlayerMeji: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
Don't believe this chuks9000 or whatever Id he is writing with.

People like him are the cause of Yoruba - Igbos online fights... The guy is neither Igbo or Yoruba yet he would be claiming to be one of the two wen issues arise depending on who they want to embarrass at that moment.

See how he is defending his Fulani brothers without shame but he wants us to believe he is not one of them.

In other words, not every Yoruba Igbos rants are started by the two progressive tribes most of them are started by these Hausa/Fulanis to further create a deepening divide between the two tribes.

I met with one in Shoprite while we were standing to check out, I saw he was already on nairaland.com and I was happy and just was interested to see what he was saying on nairaland only for me to see him writing something like "we, Igbos are not....", I checked to see if I was seeing double because here was a fully functional Hausa man in nature and in character claiming Igbo just to further divide us.

Àwọn Ọmọ àlè...

OoniOfIfe:
Does anyone know?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by Chuks9000: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
PlayerMeji:
Don't believe this chuks9000 or whatever Id he is writing with.

People like him are the cause of Yoruba - Igbos online fights... The guy is neither Igbo or Yoruba yet he would be claiming to be one of the two wen issues arise depending on who they want to embarrass at that moment.

See how he is defending his Fulani brothers without shame but he wants us to believe he is not one of them.

In other words, not every Yoruba Igbos rants are started by the two progressive tribes most of them are started by these Hausa/Fulanis to further create a deepening divide between the two tribes.

I met with one in Shoprite while we were standing to check out, I saw he was already on nairaland.com and I was happy and just was interested to see what he was saying on nairaland only for me to see him writing something like "we, Igbos are not....", I checked to see if I was seeing double because here was a fully functional Hausa man in nature and in character claiming Igbo just to further divide us.

Àwọn Ọmọ àlè...

Can you imagine the plenty misyarn.
The question did not say is it right or wrong. It was a very simple question.
My attempt did not say it was right or wrong.
So why r u crying? Except you and the OP had a different thing in mind...
Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by PlayerMeji: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2019
Aboki, go and sit down.

We sabi una type. Just because you have access to the internet you think you can fool everybody shey.

U wan begin form victim sharp sharp.

My say is there are several monikers here hiding under the guise of igbo/Yoruba whereas they are here to foment trouble for the advancement of their cause (Hausa/Fulani) supremacy.

And your pseudo is surely one of them.

Chuks9000:

Can you imagine the plenty misyarn.
The question did not say is it right or wrong. It was a very simple question.
My attempt did not say it was right or wrong.
So why r u crying? Except you and the OP had a different thing in mind...
Re: Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) by xcolanto(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
The sword is a symbol of Islam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Abduct 6 People In Adamawa / :( Mehn See As Bandits Dey Chill For Zamfara State High Way / Atiku Abubakar, Obasanjo, Obi Planning For Unity Government - Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.