Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram (33719 Views)

91% Of All Absconded Policemen Sent To Fight Boko Haram Are Christians - FFK / ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ / Emeka Nelson Invents Machine That Transforms Nylon To Petrol, Obiano Gives N250k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Islie: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2019

Borel Teguia, a 25-years-old renewable energy engineer from Cameroon, has come up with a prototype of a drone to monitor northern Cameroon’s borders, where attacks on civilians by the Boko Haram terrorist group have increased in recent months.

The young inventor described the advantages of this light “solar” drone over usual drones, especially in terms of its independence and flying time (from 1 to 2 hours compared to typical drones whose flying time amounts to half an hour).

“I studied in northern Cameroon, and saw many families forced to leave their homes because of the war; I told myself that something had to be done. There is nothing more horrible than war, and nothing more valuable than human life.

“I started working on this miniature device that could fly, make real-time videos and better monitor the Cameroonian borders. I wanted, so to speak, to give the Cameroonian sky an eye that would watch over its borders”, he noted.

Having worked in several local branches of EDC (Electricity Development Corporation) and Aliqo Energy, Borel founded his own company, Тagus Drone, and devoted himself exclusively to the development of his project.

“I realised that there was a huge control issue all over the African continent. Drones could be a solution. Today, drones are involved in agriculture, telecommunications, health, cinematography, construction, art and culture. This is a boon for our company”.

The engineer speaks about a drone, made of aluminium and plastic, with four symmetrical engines. The drone weighs 700 grammes; it’s quite stable, which makes it easier to control it.

Boko Haram, which has reportedly pledged allegiance to Daesh*, conducted numerous deadly attacks in Cameroon, Nigeria, and Chad.

In 2014 and 2015 the militants controlled vast territories in these countries, killing thousands of troops and civilians.

https://www.independent.ng/cameroonian-invents-solar-drone-to-fight-boko-haram/

11 Likes

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by fernandez1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
Our own dullard will say boko boys has been defeated

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by YorubaKing: 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rubbish! angry

He should first use it to liberate his own people from their +40yrs of oppression, slavery and dictatorship under Paul Biya.

If it works there, we're game... else, he can gerrout! angry

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by crafteck(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
We are busy doing water power bank,, dat drone is better as wind Mill, clearly he has no idea why cars are streamlined in shape

11 Likes

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by barclayb(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
cheesy grin

1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by obembet(f): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
And they still announce it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Duplik8t77(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
Africans can invent too....no be only China sabi invent

3 Likes

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by ada9ja(f): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
fernandez1:

Your people are dullard you lack respect

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by AngelicBeing: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
cool
Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by yinkus6750(m): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cameron o
And the presumed giant of the continent is busy rugalising

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
fernandez1:

What have you contributed to this country? Ask yourself that honest question, to yourself.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by MyGeneration(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
The guy tried but the design is poor. From the size of the panels its obvious the drone will be slow. The solar panels would also reduce the speed at which the drone travels because they would act as flaps against wind.

Its also too big, making it a possible and obvious target in a conflict situation

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Nyamuri: 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
But not as Dullard and clueless as he that said "stealing is not corruption"
fernandez1:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Flashh: 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
How real is this?

7 Likes

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by ubanigrant15: 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
Let's see the end result
Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Teejayphillip(m): 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
Niceone jaare omo re bi iyan....

Our own youth for here nah to pop champagne,follow man/woman, steal from the white and encourage corruption...

God bless ur wisdom in billion folds.

They’ll come for me now,I don jaapa grin

Aja 5 Oya gbera

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
yinkus6750:
Cameron o
And the presumed giant of the continent is busy rugalising

Cameroonian not Cameroon government. Mon Ami!

Instead of you to challenge yourself and think "what has been my contribution to my country in all my life?" You're here saying this.

Infact what has been your contribution to your own life sef?

Perhaps you still take stipends from home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by AMI3(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
what will my people invent? Whom do I ask? because me I no no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by ifymadu: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
YorubaKing:
Rubbish! angry

He should first use it to liberate his own people from their +40yrs of oppression, slavery and dictatorship under Paul Biya.

If it works there, we're game... else, he can gerrout! angry

For your information, they are also fighting boko haram in Cameroon, Nigeria exported it to them. So he didn't develop it for Nigeria, it's for their domestic use

6 Likes

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by ubanigrant15: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by ifymadu: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

What have you contributed to this country? Ask yourself that honest question, to yourself.
wetin the Corn-tree Don do for am??
Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by martineverest(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
fake news
Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by Daboomb: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
fernandez1:

Those military whose leader curls snake around his neck as a sign of how strong he is, should take a cue form cameroun, develop a Drone whose Solar capacity can power if for at least sixteen hours.
it does not take a rocket science, you can use versions of Phone batteries as the storage component, use flexible panels that are lighter and have more coverage, use bigger blades for better lift and design the panels to lie on aerodynamic wings to give it lift and maintain glide.
In 'Glide mode', it uses less than 10% of it required energy to stay up

Oh, l forgot, its a shithole and the Military bigwigs must keep the war going so they can have a cut of the 9Billion Dollars voted for weapons and war-prosecution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by tolufase: 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2019
At least you better pass your neighbour, Nigeria. A country (Nigeria) that still goes to Pakistan to buy drones that can only fly for half-hour
Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
mperornero:
wetin the Corn-tree Don do for am??

For me Nigeria has done a lot.

I enjoy at least 10hours of electricity daily. For a token of 2k per month. Try to purchase use gen and you'll see. Many countries can't afford half of that.

My parents are government workers. Apart from their salaries they also get loans and grants.

Many students get bursary from the government.

I have friends who are enjoying Npower.

I attended a relatively free government university where I pay just 20k per year. Many other countries pay millions per year.

And many more. If you don't appreciate you can never get more.

Moreover, I believe that I owe this country more than it owes me. Whatever I give the country is a service to humanity not to the flag.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram by yinkus6750(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
[You need to seriously remote your sense accordingly before you start responding to people.
So unfortunate.. Whenever your business is at its low ebb, apply for stipends. Will pity your condition.

quote author=GeoAfrikana post=81109774]

Cameroonian not Cameroon government. Mon Ami!

Instead of you to challenge yourself and think "what has been my contribution to my country in all my life?" You're here saying this.

Infact what has been your contribution to your own life sef?

Perhaps you still take stipends from home.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caption These Pictures Of Peter Obi And Datti In Borno State / Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / What Will Happen If Buhari Orders Obasanjo's Arrest Over $16bn Power Probe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.