Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. (7070 Views)

Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / Nothing Wrong With The Arabic Inscriptions On Nigeria’s Currency, Army Logo / The Interpretation Of The Laws Of Nigeria Supports Buhari. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by OnyeOGA(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2019
Seetto:
And olorun or chukwu is not GOD to anybody as long as it is not pronounced god in English context, if I may ask you, bible that was written in Hebrew, was god refer to as god or another name else.
they are all gods even Yahweh and Allah.
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Seetto: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2019
mrvitalis:

English is our official language
Arabic is not recognized as a nigerian language

I believe you are aware that the constitution didn't restrict you from learning more than one languages, French is taught at primary and secondary school level, Arabic language is part of waec subjects, you can learn Portuguese ,Spanish, arabic languages in some of our universities, good number of Muslims communicate in Arabic language, Arabic language is the second language spoken in isreal, this is the country your Jesus emanate from, they don't pronounce god as god, they pronounce god as eloha similar to Allah in Arabic compare to God in English, I just hope youths like you will grow up and dissuade from total ignorance and be useful to yourself,

Avoid be first to comment youth, and stop embarrassing you generation on social media.

5 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by currencyz22: 11:32am On Aug 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
I know where you are driving at already so stop disguising under "a simple question". I purposely answered you that way cos at the end you will bring religion into it.

Worst religious fanatics ever.
If it was written in Hebrew, you won't be asking such rhetorical question.
but is not written in hebrew

1 Like

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Seetto: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2019
OnyeOGA:
they are all gods even Yahweh and Allah.
God bless you, this is all about languages and nothing else, hausa call God ubangiji, reason why Muslims prefer using the Arabic word Allah even when speaking English is because, the word God is subjected to plural as in gods, masculine when you pronounce goddess and goddesses, in some cases small letter g god is refer to as gods of the idols, and capital letter God is the supreme being, only in written context you can differentiate this, but there is nothing like that when you pronounce Allah, even in Arabic context.

2 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by OnyeOGA(m): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2019
Seetto:

God bless you, this is all about languages and nothing else, hausa call God ubangiji, reason why Muslims prefer using the Arabic word Allah even when speaking English is because, the word God is subjected to plural as in gods, masculine when you pronounce goddess and goddesses, in some cases small letter g god is refer to as gods of the idols, and capital letter God is the supreme being, only in written context you can differentiate this, but there is nothing like that when you pronounce Allah, even in Arabic context.
man, i repeat "god concept is the fabrication of human". All gods are Idol. Be it Allah, Budha, Jesus or Yahweh.
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Seetto: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2019
OnyeOGA:
man, i repeat "god concept is the fabrication of human". All gods are Idol. Be it Allah, Budha, Jesus or Yahweh.
Eya, sorry I didn't get you well, you are perfect match for your life,
Kwantinue... cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by OnyeOGA(m): 11:58am On Aug 10, 2019
Seetto:

Eya, sorry I didn't get you well, you are perfect match for your life,
Kwantinue... cool cool
all cultures have their own concept on god
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Aidejay(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
agadez007:
these northerners can do whatever they please because they know that the Yoruba Muslims will always support them

This question was asked sometime ago,it was the Yoruba that were defending them and saying some northerners can't read English

We southerners wey dey read English dey foolish okwa ya?

Nonsense and Afonja
do u want everyone to be like u? D northerners, yoruba Muslim, Southerners.
U want everybody to think, talk and act like u? WHO ARE YOU?

3 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Aidejay(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2019
Success1020:
It means " Afonjas will remain a Fulani slave for forever."
there was and still is only one afonja in history. So the term afonja-s is a construct of blank minds. And despite the fact that it's meaning has been exposed to everyone on the thread you have decided to, out of blank mindedness still retain blank information thus leading me to conclude that you are either in a mental institution or wandering the streets.

3 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2019
d33types:
Allah is not God. At least not to other religions apart from Islam
Then tell me what Arab Christians call God?

3 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by whatmoreng: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
Seetto:

The question the OP asked apart from the meaning, is WHY WAS THE INSCRIPTION WRITTEN IS ARABIC AND NOT ENGLISH.

Why? Why? It makes no sense to write something in a foreign language that is not the official language on a very important official material like the emblem of the Nigerian Army.

4 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Seetto: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
whatmoreng:

The question the OP asked apart from the meaning, is WHY WAS THE INSCRIPTION WRITTEN IS ARABIC AND NOT ENGLISH.

Why? Why? It makes no sense to write something in a foreign language that is not the official language on a very important official material like the emblem of the Nigerian Army.
My arguments was not based on what the op said, but in response to the comments of someone here, I am a Muslim and sometimes I used to wonder why it has to be so, cos left to me I don't think it is proper considering Nigeria is a secular state.
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by whatmoreng: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
Seetto:

My arguments was not based on what the op said, but in response to the comments of someone here, I am a Muslim and sometimes I used to wonder why it has to be so, cos left to me I don't think it is proper considering Nigeria is a secular state.

Thank you very much. You have just proven to be very learned and rational.

1 Like

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by orunto27: 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2019
Change it Now to SUCCESS.
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by ihatebuhari(f): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
All this fools and slaves the op asked a simple question why would a military inscription of a secular nation be made in a particular language?

English is Nigeria language why arabic

It will never be well with northern wicked politicians that thinks Nigeria belongs to them. And the worst is Yoruba Muslims keep supporting them.

Anyway you’ll can burn in the shithole me and my family are secure for life here in the US

4 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by orunto27: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
Yorubas are not Muslims, not Moslems and not Mohammedans. Yorubas are simply ISLAMISTS. The Difference is clear unless you are ignorant of the facts. Have you heard of Yoruba Shiits, Suniis etc before?

2 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2019
ihatebuhari:
All this fools and slaves the op asked a simple question why would a military inscription of a secular nation be made in a particular language?

English is Nigeria language why arabic

It will never be well with northern wicked politicians that thinks Nigeria belongs to them. And the worst is Yoruba Muslims keep supporting them.

Anyway you’ll can burn in the shithole me and my family are secure for life here in the US
The writing on the flag of Nigeria army is the same as the one on Sokoto caliphate war banner.The British were impressed by the way Sokoto caliphate soldiers defended the flag during the battle of Sokoto.They adopted the flag for northern Nigeria army and after the amalgamation,Nigeria adopted it also.So the flag have a meaning and historical significance to us.The same way the Navy of USA have a Latin inscription on their flag and non Christians are not complaining.

2 Likes

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by mu2sa2: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

I did not expect less from you guys as your hypocrisy is second to none. Always suffering from inferiority complex.
Does the Arabic inscription in any way affect the country?

Come to the north, the northern Christians refer to God as Allah which is an Arabic word. I dnt know why you guys are crying fowl on top Arabic language
Even in Arabic Bible used by Arab Christians.
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by agadez007(m): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
Aidejay:
do u want everyone to be like u? D northerners, yoruba Muslim, Southerners.
U want everybody to think, talk and act like u? WHO ARE YOU?
how does this answer the ops question
why is there an Arabic inscription on the Nigerian(which is supposed to be a secular state by the way) Army badge

some Northerners can't read In English you guys say,what about those Igbos,Efiks and even Yoruba that can't read?
or are hausas "Special Candidates"?
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Seetto: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
boldaslion:

You are very foolish and daft for making this comment. So you are now confirming that the army has become the property of the Islamic caliphate.
I think you are a dick headed hallucinatory fool, you just jump from no where,away from your stinking dirty skin and comment on thread you knew nothing about, I will urge you to read each and every ones comment and you will see your level of foolishness..
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by chudyprince: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
sagio09:
The translation means "victory is from Allah(S. W. A)
the same Allah that bokoharam are fighting for his cause? What an irony then
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Vixlot: 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2019
If you so ignorant about Arabic Language... Don't ever use 0, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 8,9, again in your life

1 Like

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Bede2u(m): 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

I did not expect less from you guys as your hypocrisy is second to none. Always suffering from inferiority complex.

Come to the north, the northern Christians refer to God as Allah which is an Arabic word. I dnt know why you guys are crying fowl on top Arabic language
he has a point. We were colonised by england...hence we officially adopted english as our working language. Beside english we have 3 major languages recognised in the constitution....were does arabic come in?

Now let me ask u this way...if peter obi become president tomorrow and decide to write that inscription in chinese...will that be ok by u? Lol

Dont defend nonsense bro
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Bede2u(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
I know where you are driving at already so stop disguising under "a simple question". I purposely answered you that way cos at the end you will bring religion into it.

Worst religious fanatics ever.
If it was written in Hebrew, you won't be asking such rhetorical question.
but it was not written in hebrew. If it was...the muslim north would be the ones asking that question...and they would be right too
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by AntiBalaka: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2019
bamidelee:
the meaning is victory is from God

Wrong.

It is " All victory is from allah"

Allah is specific to the Islamic god.

1 Like

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Bede2u(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2019
Seetto:

I believe you are aware that the constitution didn't restrict you from learning more than one languages, French is taught at primary and secondary school level, Arabic language is part of waec subjects, you can learn Portuguese ,Spanish, arabic languages in some of our universities, good number of Muslims communicate in Arabic language, Arabic language is the second language spoken in isreal, this is the country your Jesus emanate from, they don't pronounce god as god, they pronounce god as eloha similar to Allah in Arabic compare to God in English, I just hope youths like you will grow up and dissuade from total ignorance and be useful to yourself,

Avoid be first to comment youth, and stop embarrassing you generation on social media.
great...but can u point to where french or portuguese is used in our official govt institutions or symbols?

Why only arabic? A language u just admitted is spoken by ''good number of muslims''? Why does the north add religion to our govt? From shariah law and hisbah police to this? How can u not see a problem with having a language with religious significance in our military insignia? Why not just English? Why does the north complicate things for nigeria? Will this question be asked if that write up was just written in english?

1 Like

Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by sapele914(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
sagio09:
The translation means "victory is from Allah(S. W. A)
There is only one Supreme God.
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by d33types: 4:05am On Aug 11, 2019
Seetto:

Is English language any of Nigeria ethnic languages? Why must bible be written in English, is there anything wrong if bible is preached in its original format which is Hebrew, if you adopt Christianity why don't you adopt it completely in its original form, you are the greatest hypocrite of all time , you happily adopt what is alien to you, and faulting another person for adopting same.

Part of the youths wole soyinka refer to as first to comment, spitting out rubbish.

For all inclusiveness, English is our Lingua Franca, and not Arabic.
Hypocrisy indeed
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by d33types: 4:08am On Aug 11, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Go and tell northern Christians that Allah is not God.
Lack of exposure is really affecting you guys thinking faculty.

Exposure is worth more than formal education

Like you are more Northern than me? Lack of exposure is your own problem. Dan iska.

Naijafull19:
1.The language is Hausa, written in the Arabic script. (other languages that used to be written in the Arabic script inculde Persian, Turkish, and several African languages.).

2.Trnaslantion: victory belongs to God.

CrimeKsmart:

In Hausa, God translates to Ubangiji, not Allah
Re: The Interpretation Of The Arabic Writing On The Nigerian Army Barge. by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Wrong.
It is " All victory is from allah"
Allah is specific to the Islamic god.
so what's now the problem?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Over 2000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Yobe / Oshiomhole Dances On Stage At South Ibie As Supporters Sing (Video) / Power Supply Fails To Improve 10 Years After Privatization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.