Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? (3252 Views)

JAMB Staff Who Stole 15-Year-Old Candidate's Number Arrested For Chatting Her / 19-year-old Candidate Who Sued JAMB For N1bn Handed Over To Police / Meet Joseph, Man Who Has Repeated Primary 1 For 15 Years (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by bestman09(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
Good day house. My daughter turned 15 years old on the 2nd of August 2019. She has completed her SSCE with 2 A, 6 b and 1d (yoruba). She also got 237 in Jamb and UNN is her first choice and the POST UTME comes up in a weeks time.
My concern now is that UNN emphatically stated in their website that the minimum age required to gain admission into UNN is 16 years. They also requested that she must come along with her birth certificate. Will it be wise to falsify her age to get admission or will they accept her despite her age? Is there a federal university that can admit her at 15?
I don't want to waste money taking her to Nsuka if they will disqualify her on age ground
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by Digitron: 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
I had three people in my faculty who were 15 when we were admitted in 2012
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by richard870(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
I would advice you look for an alternative which clearly states that prospective students below 16 yrs are accepted.
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by Daniel2802(m): 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
What course is she applying for? I think that's more important due to her score and all. I have coursemates who got admitted below the normal age.
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by CentiLion(m): 1:51am On Aug 11, 2019
Cc: Godhead4
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by tonistar(m): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2019
It's really nice coming to this site.. Check out also Department of Animal science University of Nigeria Nsukka

https://www.schoolplanetgist.com/department-of-animal-science-university-of-nigeria-nsukka/
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by Godhead4(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
bestman09:
Good day house. My daughter turned 15 years old on the 2nd of August 2019. She has completed her SSCE with 2 A, 6 b and 1d (yoruba). She also got 237 in Jamb and UNN is her first choice and the POST UTME comes up in a weeks time.
My concern now is that UNN emphatically stated in their website that the minimum age required to gain admission into UNN is 16 years. They also requested that she must come along with her birth certificate. Will it be wise to falsify her age to get admission or will they accept her despite her age? Is there a federal university that can admit her at 15?
I don't want to waste money taking her to Nsuka if they will disqualify her on age ground

They admit below 16 without any falsification of age, they probably don't check the birth cert or take it serious

1 Like

Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by Parkac(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2019
UNN does not require birth certificate for Post UTME screening. During clearance, if eventually her name comes out in the admission list, birth certificate will be needed for her file. Doesn't necessarily mean they will screen her out because there are alot of candidates who got admission in UNN under 16 years old.

Don't even contemplate falsifying her age on birth certificate at this time. It's already captured in WAEC database. The discrepancy will be an issue after graduation and NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by bestman09(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2019
Thanks
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by flourishing247: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Wow. She's young. I hope you have prepared her for life outside the home. All the best
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by bestman09(m): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2019
flourishing247:
Wow. She's young. I hope you have prepared her for life outside the home. All the best

We have done our best. Every other thing is left in God's hand
Re: Can UNN Admit A 15 Years Old Candidate? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2019
Most federal schools and some states with high application s don't admit under 16.
but with connections and amazing luck she might make it

(1) (Reply)

Professional Pilot And Aircraft Mechanic Career / Why Is "history" Not Included In The Secondary School Curriculum / Gov. Peter Obi Increases Ansu School Fees To N230,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.