Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service (27578 Views)

Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
Blogfarms:
This oluwo loves to always be on the news... The guy de para... Too much money

Yahoo yahoo money

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by AntiBalaka: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
seguno2:

Does antibalaka mean anti peace
Otherwise why are you waking up trouble that is sleeping quietly?

the chief Imam of Iwo Emirate has dragged the Oba to Court praying that the court passes a resolution banning the Amir wannabe from leading jummat services.

This is the crux of the matter.

If Akannbi wants to be an Amir then he is the only one to lead Muslim prayers but the chief Imam is arguing that the Oba is not an Amir and so can not officiate or lead Muslims in prayer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by dalass(f): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/233479/

He's a clown.
Always striving for attention grin grin grin
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Ostrogoth(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
bennynaza:
Religion has completely messed up our traditional system.

At some point, most of our kids would not even know that we Africans had cultures and modes of contacting divinity before the Arabs and Europeans came and raped our civilizations.

Exactly! Same with technology too! They will never know gaming technologies such as ayo olopon and others, neither will they ever know our war technologies such as bow and arrow with charms and cutlasses, neither will they ever know the joy of having the whole population including women, moving about in flimsy loin-clothes! Also they will never know the joy of a good horse as mode of transportation for the rich or legmousine for the poor, and they'll never experience music being made on bamboo fluxes and goatskin drums since all they'll know is recorded digital music! ETC ETC ETC
Lastly they'll learn to hate their father (you) for not living in a remote part of the jungle in order to stay away from the foreign 'deculturisation' and for also participating in it by using a foreign language to comment on foreign technology with even more foreign technology (internet and phones)!! I weep for the future of some people's descendants in advance!

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by engrkaz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
A ba so o, e de gba. Ka fi eniyan je lemomu ko tun ma du seriki
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by princeakinola1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
King of yahoo guys,just lead with your laptop sir
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by simplesearch: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Exactly! Same with technology too! They will never know gaming technologies such as ayo olopon and others, neither will they ever know our war technologies such as bow and arrow with charms and cutlasses, neither will they ever know the joy of having the whole population including women, moving about in flimsy loin-clothes! Also they will never know the joy of a good horse as mode of transportation for the rich or legmousine for the poor, and they'll never experience music being made on bamboo fluxes and goatskin drums since all they'll know is recorded digital music! ETC ETC ETC
Lastly they'll learn to hate their father (you) for not living in a remote part of the jungle in order to stay away from the foreign 'deculturisation' and for also participating in it by using a foreign language to comment on foreign technology with even more foreign technology (internet and phones)!! I weep for the future of some people's descendants in advance!

You nail it well, they want all from the white man but not their religion if at all it is! making allusions that makes little or no appeal to common sense.
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by bennynaza(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Sarcasm detected. cool
But I am sure you also understand my point. Nothing in history proves that the black man would not have advanced technologically had the whites and Arabs not interfered with our civilizations.
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by bennynaza(m): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2019
simplesearch:

You nail it well, they want all from the white man but not their religion if at all it is! making allusions that makes little or no appeal to common sense.

The Chinese are one of the most technologically advanced people on Earth. They did not nor ever needed to yield to European/ American imperialism. They got where they are on their own. We don't need to bow and submit to the will of the whites to improve our lives. Man is naturally innovative. Skin color regardless.
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by heinrichy(m): 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ndi Afonja
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by ghuzy01: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
Blogfarms:
This oluwo loves to always be on the news... The guy de para... Too much money
Which yeye money does he have.he just wants attention.simple
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by rotimage(m): 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
AntiBalaka:
Well, he is after all is the Amir of Iwo and as such is automatically the one to lead Muslim prayers.

Tell me one emir that leads the prayer even in the core north? Stop saying just anything coz u have access to the internet.
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Blogfarms: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
Yahoo money is still money
seguno2:

Yahoo yahoo money
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Blogfarms: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
He has money bro
ghuzy01:

Which yeye money does he have.he just wants attention.simple
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by fredoooooo: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
Religion just too get wahala, Abu people took dey selfish I go say ... crazy people everywhere
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Ostrogoth(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
bennynaza:

Sarcasm detected. cool
But I am sure you also understand my point. Nothing in history proves that the black man would not have advanced technologically had the whites and Arabs not interfered with our civilizations.

Am not saying we won't ever get there, but I'll have you know that much of Africa except for north Africa was at the stage that was equivalent to the European early middle ages/dark ages when the whites came. The scenario was similar: no well defined kingdoms, barbarian invasions, strong kingdoms raiding weaker ones for slaves, no written script (which is a very necessary ingredient for civilization) etc. Europe left that behind from around AD 1000. As for the Arabs, they've never had any desire to civilise anyone; all they've ever wanted is to get all that they can from the zanj slaves as they know the blacks to be and still do. It will interest you to know that Arabs exploited black Africa for hundreds of years for gold, ivory and slaves especially gold before the whites ever believed that Africa south of the sahara is populated by real humans instead of the dog like men who the Arab traders say are here in order to discourage European competition.
That being said, apart from the fact that we were about a millennium behind, human culture and technology have always been shared between different groups since humans started living on earth. The less always fades away for the better, eg stone tools versus metal tools, talking drum and smoke messages versus the social media we are using today. Cultures and religions and technologies were created by humans for human use, humans were not created by any of them hence their disposability!
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Ostrogoth(m): 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
bennynaza:

The Chinese are one of the most technologically advanced people on Earth. They did not nor ever needed to yield to European/ American imperialism. They got where they are on their own. We don't need to bow and submit to the will of the whites to improve our lives. Man is naturally innovative. Skin color regardless.

Maybe you never read about the boxer rebellion, or the complete overthrow of the Chinese royalty and chinese communism (both of which were influenced by European interference). Maybe you also dont know that the Chinese learnt bitter lessons about fighting against western influence on their culture during world war two when japan (who quickly adopted westernisation) almost wiped out their conservative asses (its like we refusing modernisation while boko haram uses the latest weapons)! Maybe you can point to a single Chinese technology which was invented independent of western civilisation's technological innovation.
My point is China has been an entity and a centre of civilisation as well as a melting point since at least around 200BC, yet they had to adapt modern technology in order to reach where they are today. Had it been they didn't, they would have succumbed to more advanced but smaller neighbors today who embraced it more willingly. I just imagine what we Africans would be today without westernisation! We would just be a giant safari continent to the rest of the world! Sel finit.
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by bennynaza(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Maybe you never read about the boxer rebellion, or the complete overthrow of the Chinese royalty and chinese communism (both of which were influenced by European interference). Maybe you also dont know that the Chinese learnt bitter lessons about fighting against western influence on their culture during world war two when japan (who quickly adopted westernisation) almost wiped out their conservative asses (its like we refusing modernisation while boko haram uses the latest weapons)! Maybe you can point to a single Chinese technology which was invented independent of western civilisation's technological innovation.
My point is China has been an entity and a centre of civilisation as well as a melting point since at least around 200BC, yet they had to adapt modern technology in order to reach where they are today. Had it been they didn't, they would have succumbed to more advanced but smaller neighbors today who embraced it more willingly. I just imagine what we Africans would be today without westernisation! We would just be a giant safari continent to the rest of the world! Sel finit.

So in summary, the black man would have been still primitive without the intervention of the white man?
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by ChristianEast: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2019
Yoruba moslems
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by bennynaza(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Am not saying we won't ever get there, but I'll have you know that much of Africa except for north Africa was at the stage that was equivalent to the European early middle ages/dark ages when the whites came. The scenario was similar: no well defined kingdoms, barbarian invasions, strong kingdoms raiding weaker ones for slaves, no written script (which is a very necessary ingredient for civilization) etc. Europe left that behind from around AD 1000. As for the Arabs, they've never had any desire to civilise anyone; all they've ever wanted is to get all that they can from the zanj slaves as they know the blacks to be and still do. It will interest you to know that Arabs exploited black Africa for hundreds of years for gold, ivory and slaves especially gold before the whites ever believed that Africa south of the sahara is populated by real humans instead of the dog like men who the Arab traders say are here in order to discourage European competition.
That being said, apart from the fact that we were about a millennium behind, human culture and technology have always been shared between different groups since humans started living on earth. The less always fades away for the better, eg stone tools versus metal tools, talking drum and smoke messages versus the social media we are using today. Cultures and religions and technologies were created by humans for human use, humans were not created by any of them hence their disposability!

Referring to my original comment, kids ought not know nor imbibe the tenets of their heritage, but take up a foreigner's because it is according to you, superior?
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Ostrogoth(m): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
bennynaza:

So in summary, the black man would have been still primitive without the intervention of the white man?
Remove all things western; from democracy and nation building to clothing type to agriculture to computer technology and ythe answer becomes obvious.
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
AntiBalaka:
the chief Imam of Iwo Emirate has dragged the Oba to Court praying that the court passes a resolution banning the Amir wannabe from leading jummat services.

This is the crux of the matter.

If Akannbi wants to be an Amir then he is the only one to lead Muslim prayers but the chief Imam is arguing that the Oba is not an Amir and so can not officiate or lead Muslims in prayer.

Many thanks for breaking it down into the details of the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
Blogfarms:
Yahoo money is still money

For those who don’t want to work on their farms but will foolishly complain about leadership for inflation, food scarcity and every other problem that they have inflicted on themselves?
How many of the yahoo yahoo money people have sustained their earnings for decades?
Do you have any capacity to think

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by Ostrogoth(m): 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
bennynaza:

Referring to my original comment, kids ought not know nor imbibe the tenets of their heritage, but take up a foreigner's because it is according to you, superior?
Not necessarily superior but more effective especially technologies. We might preserve some but for how long? I bet the Yoruba I speak today will be unintelligible to the yorubas of 1919 and they'll probably feel like they are on an alien planet if they walked the earth today. My point is the world is already a global village; we gotta individually customize who we individually want to be from the plethora of available options as well as seek for ways to get ahead of the pack (just as Japan did technologically) instead of clinging desperately to a sinking past which will inevitably be sunk further and further by future generations just as our elders currently accuse us of doing. And no offense intended!
Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Not necessarily superior but more effective especially technologies. We might preserve some but for how long? I bet the Yoruba I speak today will be unintelligible to the yorubas of 1919 and they'll probably feel like they are on an alien planet if they walked the earth today. My point is the world is already a global village; we gotta individually customize who we individually want to be from the plethora of available options as well as seek for ways to get ahead of the pack (just as Japan did technologically) instead of clinging desperately to a sinking past which will inevitably be sunk further and further by future generations just as our elders currently accuse us of doing. And no offense intended!

Stop confusing yourself, thinking you are confusing others, with your technologies diversion.
He talked about heritage/culture. Focus on that.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by AntiBalaka: 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

So in essence, you want emirates to replace the traditional stools in Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Have the Japanese abandoned their heritage and culture because of technology that they developed?
What technology have we worked to develop here even
Do you know what you are talking about?

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
AntiBalaka:
So in essence, you want emirates to replace the traditional stools in Yoruba land

He is confusing technology with heritage/culture.
I wonder if he has no certificate like our president and his CJN

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by AntiBalaka: 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2019
seguno2:

He is confusing technology with heritage/culture.
I wonder if he has no certificate like our president and his CJN

I am sure he prefers the Islamic institution to be in place in Yoruba land as he made it clear that a new cultural revival similar and aligned to Sokoto will be more beneficial in his global outlook.

You guys have too many inferior complexed Muslims ready to betray you again.

The Fulani downgrading of Yoruba Moslem is a ploy to have Yoruba Moslems to be their lackeys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by seguno2: 12:13am On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:
I am sure he prefers the Islamic institution to be in place in Yoruba land as he made it clear that a new cultural revival similar and aligned to Sokoto will be more beneficial in his global outlook.

You guys have too many inferior complexed Muslims ready to betray you again.

The Fulani downgrading of Yoruba Moslem is a ploy to have Yoruba Moslems to be their lackeys.

Like Afonja for short term success that guarantees long term failure

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by AntiBalaka: 12:16am On Aug 11, 2019
seguno2:

Like Afonja for short term success that guarantees long term failure

Afonja's case is far better as he was blinded by greed and unrelenting ambition to occupy the throne.

These Yoruba Moslems are betraying you guys just to please their fulani lords.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service by bennynaza(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Remove all things western; from democracy and nation building to clothing type to agriculture to computer technology and ythe answer becomes obvious.

Excuse me, democracy isn't a western creation.
Several sections of my tribe, Igbo, practiced democracy at some reasonable levels before we knew white people existed. Agriculture is "all things western"? And if you are talking about the agro tech, we had tools too. And nothing suggests we wouldn't have improved on them as the years went by and necessity demanded.
Your argument does nothing towards answering my question, rather it exposes your western bias

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Of Ika People(umunede) / 20 Interesting Facts About The Alaafin Of Oyo / Ibrahim Chatta Umar Is Dead! Etsu Patigi Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.