Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta (11791 Views)

7-Year-Old Son Demands Iphone From His Father, And His Father Demands This. / Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by angelz(f): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
Exponental:

I dont really like d idea.
All is not about being a genius. Dont rush a child. Let her lead steady than follow Rushly. It has its psychological implications.

Best of Luck shaaa
@ exponential.
l have a colleague who told me she finished primary school @ age 8.
@ age 8, l jus finished primary 2,
am not ashamed of it cus l can hold my own.
this colleague cannot write a good apology letter when she offended by boss,
She has a Bsc in Accountin and she is a chartered Accountant.
She said she was given double promotion while in sch.
Her grammar is ok, but below the standard of a professional and a degree holder.
so is the end that justifies the praise and popularity not the beginning.
l hope we will hear more of her with time
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
children are typically receptive to almost everything you teach them. they learn quick just make sure you have something to hold down their attention. hope she can manage the pressure cos children do not like pressure. wish her the best
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Ayowumie(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
babaowo:

she was a gift
I wouldn't doubt that but am sure the reporter exaggerated the girl's verbal articulation.

angelz:

@ exponential.

am not ashamed of it cus l can hold my own.
this colleague cannot write a good apology letter when she offended by boss,
She has a Bsc in Accountin and she is a chartered Accountant.
She said she was given double promotion while in sch.
Her grammar is ok, but below the standard of a professional and a degree holder.

I DON'T THINK YOUR GRAMMAR IS THAT GOOD AS TO ENABLE YOU BE A JUDGE OVER SOMEONE'S.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by chakula: 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
Nothing is impossible.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Seaen(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

They are always nice until the boys started coming !
May God help this girl wella wella
Very True. That happened to almost all the girls in my class then. They were top of the class from JS 1 to SS1. After that there was a changeover. Hope this does not happen to her.

Agbo2:

Hi! who is this? I am Bunmi Oloyede
So, did u start JS1 at 8? if its  your own name.
Youngichou:

This not news at 7 i was also in JS1 infact entering JS2. I Graduated secondary school at 12 now i am 19 and will be thru studying Medcine this Year.
Fools some1 comes here to tell you rubbish and you belived it. Hisses
So why the anger. Are u Jealous cos u didnt make the news then?  
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by VALIDATOR: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
Those doubting;Are you doubting because you think it is impossible or because she is Nigerian/African born and living in Nigeria. If you had been told that a European achieved such would you have doubted this much?

There have been instances of gifted children/prodigies but it is a very rare occurrence in Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_prodigy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_child_prodigies

I am happy for this good news coming out of Nigeria.

Ordinarily, it is difficult to believe that at her age, she is already in JSS I, but that is the reality. During her primary education, particularly when she was between classes 2 and 4, she had double promotion. At that time she was at the Baptist Day School. That was between 2008 and 2009. That was where she also completed her education.

Please note: We Nigerians can learn a lot form her parents.They are devoted Muslims but they put her in a christian primary school. We should learn to throw religious and tribal sentiments away and make choices that will be most beneficial for the betterment of all.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by bawomolo(m): 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
that's good for her unlike sagamite who entered JS.1 at the age of 19 cheesy
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by becomrich13: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
This is one of the things I live about nigeria education system, they allow you to jump.

I did GCE before I got to my final year. I can handle a child and he or she would skip classes. It is easy. over here they dont. In nigeria, you allow the smart child to move ahead of his classmate.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by techsync2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
wonderful!
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by JUO(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
keep it up
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by trekkie: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
that's a great achievement and egg in the faces of those who are not happy when their wives give birth to girls.
even if she becomes a lawyer, will she be allowed to practice being a muslim woman? please educate me
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by KnowAll(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
I hope the Hausas are reading this story u can master both the Quran and the English language without been a blood thirsty fundamentalist like the Boko Harams.

This is a clear case of mixing religion with mainstream education, another thumbs up to the Yorubas for leading the way
[b][/b]
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by udeze(m): 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
as far as she can cope, there's nothing wrong with that, it's commendable though
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by jason12345: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
KnowAll:

[b]I hope the Hausas are reading this story u can master both the Quran and the English language without been a blood thirsty fundamentalist like the Boko Harams.

This is a clear case of mixing religion with mainstream education, another thumbs up to the Yorubas for leading the way[/b].
[b][/b]
abi sad
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Ranoscky(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
She ROCKS !!!
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Abuloma80(f): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2010
@youngichou
This not news at 7 i was also in JS1 infact entering JS2. I Graduated secondary school at 12 now i am 19 and will be thru studying Medcine this Year.
Fools some1 comes here to tell you rubbish and you belived it. Hisses

I believe in your words (above), but am disappointed that with the level of your spectacular achievement,

that you could call all and sundry "fool" for mare expressing their opinion.

I can see you are still this young, so "some rethink over your words before you write or say them out will make a difference in you in life.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Odunnu: 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
bawomolo:

Saga must hear this!
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Odunnu: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
bawomolo:

Saga must hear this!
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by spikedcylinder: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
bawomolo:

Seconded! grin grin grin cheesy

@ topic
She looks so small, I hope they don't throw her in a boarding house though.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by drmoney: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ Youngichou
True indeed, finishing med school this year and you 'bathe and dine in codes. You are programmers'
You think everybody is stupid abi.
Abeg,abeg,abeg,abeg,abeg,
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by jenuel: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
A genius indeed. Given the right environment, this country can produce more of her likes. May the good Lord protect her from the many wolves around.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by emmkay1: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
anyone remember Kareem Abiodun Abari? Was 7 when he started Sec. School.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by Woke4all(m): 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
It's not strange coz hv seen lot's of them like that. Anyway Let's wait till guys start chasing her then we will know wat's up. wink
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by whiteroses(f): 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2010
ahh brilliant but nigerian kids are mean, they'll torment her, this reminds me of one taiwo taiwo in js1 she was 9 and a geek, always asking for more assignments and reminding tutors of assignments due, i used to beat her lol God forgive me oh
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by stormm: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
Let's wait and see. Too good 2 be true. Got a 7-yr old girl and she's in pry 4 after being given a double promotion. Now there are 2 questions;

Who owns the pry school she attended, either of her parents or who?
What year did she start her pry school?

My kid started creche at 6 months and I know what obtains. In Abeokuta the writer said abi? I seriously have my doubts but if true then goodluck.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by olaeday(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
Why wont I believe. She's trully one of the kind just like Paul da Octopus. May she be guided and protected from bad belle people.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by olaeday(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
Why wont I believe. She's trully one of the kind just like Paul da Octopus. May she be guided and protected from bad belle people.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by nazzyon(m): 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
Unfortunately, the School for Special kids in Nigeria are meant for kids with disability but I don't think kids with exceptional intelligence have any provision made for them.

The Nigerian Government need to make provision occurrences like these. School for the average will only slow her down if not hinder her progress.

She may not be as intelligent as the article stated but she can still be helped.

But it requires funding.

Institute like the "International High IQ Society" will voluntarily accept her if she passes their test.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by chelseabmw(m): 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by semid4lyfe(m): 12:08am On Oct 27, 2010
Hmmm. . .I'm happy for her and I wish her all the best in life.

I recall I had a classmate in Uni who came in @ 14yrs. I got to know cos we did our medicals together and I saw his forms. . . .very brilliant guy he was too. This guy had two double promotions in his education. .one in Primary school & one in Sec schl. Also, this dude never saw SS3 cos he came into Uni from SS2 grin
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by mamagee3(f): 1:04am On Oct 27, 2010
I'm simply dumbfounded. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let's just say this is a case of a rare occurence.
Re: 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta by SEFAGO(m): 2:20am On Oct 27, 2010
wow smart . . .but me too I got double promotion in womanology grin

It sucks going to university early though- usually you might not have the maturity levels to do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Updates On The Ongoing ASUU Strike? What Is Happening? / 2021 Admission Cut Off Marks: JAMB To Determine Candidates’ Fate Today / ‘Only 28 Candidates Registered For Common Entrance Exam In Zamfara’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.