Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics (30194 Views)

10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo / Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by infonubia(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
People, we've got a genius!

Carson Huey-You, an 11-year-old is among the new class of undergrads at Texas Christian University – adjusting to college life, finding the right buildings, settling in for those easy core classes.

Around the time when most kids are playing with jacks and baseball cards, young Huey-You will be taking university-level courses among teenagers and young adults. And it won't just be any class load. The boy, who scored a 1770 on his SAT, speaks Mandarin Chinese and plays the piano, will be studying nothing less than quantum physics.

His mom, Claretta, says her son had intense focus as an infant. By the age of one, he could read. By five, he was doing pre-algebra. Calculus, he says, relaxes him.

If he graduates as his parents expect, in four to five years, Carson will have a college diploma before or at the same time he gets his driver’s license.

What were you doing at 11? I was in secondary school - FGC Kano, hiding from those wicked seniors..lol

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/11-year-old-boy-admitted-to-university.html

7 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Venus20: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
**Chike!!! Come see ur age mate ohh. Kedu ebe anuohia no sef**

calculus at age fiveshocked

by this tym I still dey wear slippers right on left.. grin

35 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by druid06(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is nice.

It's been so long since we've had a positive news on FP. Maybe the young chap would turn out to be the next Steve Hawkins and help unlock the mystery surrounding our galaxy/universe.

MODS, this is the kind of information needed to be displayed on the frontpage.

3 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Rexsul: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
and i got admission @ 20 sad
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Venus20: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
Rexsul: and i got admission @ 20 sad
but bros talk true, at age five u fit spell ur name? sad

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by demelza: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
WOW!
Calculus fûckîng relaxes him? Hell anything that looks like maths makes me take cover.
This is a wonder kid.
#all black everything.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by infonubia(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
demelza: WOW!
Calculus fûckîng relaxes him? Hell anything that looks like maths makes me take cover.
This is a wonder kid.
#all black everything.
He is one smart kid
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by albacete(m): 7:20am On Aug 31, 2013
fyn boi!
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by AbuMikey(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2013
No Comment
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by EmmanuellaAop: 8:57am On Aug 31, 2013
Age 11......I stil dey jss1
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Wittywizard(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2013
d boi try... As 4me @d age of 11 me i don dey smoke marijuana, steal my papa money, Bleep on street, do all those bad things... Now sef all this children weh full nairaland don dey follow my footstep too

2 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by koolet: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
.......His guardian/parents brought him up awesomely unlyk 9ja children having Large headz but an Atomic brain grin

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nkonadi(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Thats Good.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by sapientia1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Are u kidding me?...@ age 11, I didn't even know how people get admitted to university, I'll cry to get my regular 10naira "money for food", I never forgot my "panke" ball too, always took it to school!..lol, I was in JSS1. This boy is a genius. FP plsss

3 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by infonubia(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
How can we get this to the FP? It's an inspiring story
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by adele004: 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
:oIf this is real ooo...##khona##
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by infonubia(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
adele004: :oIf this is real ooo...##khona##
It's real. Do u a lil search for Texas Christian University to find out about the school and latest news on it. I'm still very impressed with the kid.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by hod898(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
The boy's a genius.
However no be say naija boys ma no get these kind boys o! Na just the surrounding and the extremely poor educational system wey dey deplete their enthusiasm.
Wait till 2015 na. This time around it's not all about political party but individual potential. Chai!

3 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Ladokun12(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Oboi,wen me de huzl 4 admisn 4 age 2#...dem dey use admisn beg diz smal tin!wel dem go make use of iz brain wel,bt if na 9ja!mtchew..na oshodi u go see am usin iz brain 4 bet!

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by chygoz3(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Me I try small sha. At 11, I dey enter jss3.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by infonubia(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
chygoz3: Me I try small sha. At 11, I dey enter jss3.
Not bad smiley
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Big4wig(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
I dey come make i piss

*couldnt hold it,mistakenly PISS ON THREAD*

4 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Diamondwriter(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Cool kid....
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by anthoniosp(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
5 yrs den na big boys on pant with rolling tire....calculus dey even make am happy... E remIn small i for get c/o thanks to backyrd runs..... #prepares cutlass for yabbing #
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
I believe we should praise hard-working children who put in an effort to succeed, rather than naturally smart children who don't even have to try.

6 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wow. This boi should be allowed to have a childhood now shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
This is news... Me, I graduated at the age of 9, Aeronautic Engineer.

tongue Let's just pretend it's true.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by mcevans1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wittywizard: d boi try... As 4me @d age of 11 me i don dey smoke marijuana, steal my papa money, Bleep on street, do all those bad things... Now sef all this children weh full nairaland don dey follow my footstep too

Bros, you are on your own ooo undecided
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by anthoniosp(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Cori_corde: I believe we should praise hard-working children who put in an effort to succeed, rather than naturally smart children who don't even have to try.

are u with him or against him ??

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by dridowu: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Just passing
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by yinkard4me(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
So wat? I had my PHD @ dat age with plenty ASUU strike n I didn't shout to d world...

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by manitobor(m): 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
shocked 11 year old boy solving calculus? End time things I swear! sad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing / Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos / 10 Things You Should Do Before Your Final Year In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.