Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers (1559 Views)

Stranger Kidnaps 3-year-old Girl From School After Tricking Her Brother With N50 / Man Kidnaps 4yrs Old Girl After Tricking Her Elder Brother With Biscuit (pics) / 31yrs Old Dare Yusuf Nabbed For Tricking People Who Think He Can Double Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 4:51am On Aug 11, 2019
Good morning guys. So i have been getting this everyday notifications from DSTV to renew my package of Compact plus before 11th of August to be upgraded to Premium plan which I never believed in. So on the 10th, at around some minutes after 9pm gbam I decided to test them and made the payment of 10,650 and waited till 4am this morning to check what was going on. Only to discover I am still on my compact plus.

So I placed a call across to them few minutes after 4 and I got the most insane reponse of my life. SIR, YOUR PAYMENT NOTIFICATION CAME IN TODAY 11TH OF AUGUST. I laughed grin grin grin grin grin and told the guy named Stephen that I made that payment on the 10th of August not 11th. He said that was when my bank notified them of my payment. So he told me he will give them back the feedback. I simply told him that that was a scam and dishonesty at the highest point.

I then concluded with him saying he should tell his management that they just lost a customer that when this month subscription expires, I will never renew DSTV again. Last year on one of my DSTV accounts, I paid 169,000 naira for one good year premium subscription and here is what I get as a complement.

I hope you MOD guys will push this to the frontpage for Nigerians to collectively discuss tricks played on us by all these foreign countries and make away with it. I will register a twitter account today because of them and tweet at the them cc some agencies like EFCC, ICPC, NPF and some others. Dishonesty and tricks are no no for people with principles like us. God bless NETFLIX.

Acts like these are fraudulent and should be kicked against. How will these guys come into our country to make sales and still be playing the smart one on us? We need to stand against them and make them do the right thing.

MODs these are worthy topics on your frontpage not only BBN and the celebrities stuffs.

Cc: Seun
Cc: Mynd44
Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: ishlove
Cc: Explorer
Cc: Sarrki
Cc:
Cc: AutoReportNG
AutoJosh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by moonbender(m): 5:15am On Aug 11, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
Good morning guys. So i have been getting this everyday notifications from DSTV to renew my package of Compact plus before 11th of August to be upgraded to Premium plan which I never believed in. So on the 10th, at around some minutes after 9pm gbam I decided to test them and made the payment of 10,650 and waited till 4am this morning to check what was going on. Only to discover I am still on my compact plus.

So I placed a call across to them few minutes after 4 and I got the most insane reponse of my life. SIR, YOUR PAYMENT NOTIFICATION CAME IN TODAY 11TH OF AUGUST. I laughed grin grin grin grin grin and told the guy named Stephen that I made that payment on the 10th of August not 11th. He said that was when my bank notified them of my payment. So he told me he will give them back the feedback. I simply told him that that was a scam and dishonesty at the highest point.

I then concluded with him saying he should tell his management that they just lost a customer that when this month subscription expires, I will never renew DSTV again. Last year on one of my DSTV accounts, I paid 169,000 naira for one good year premium subscription and here is what I get as a complement.

I hope you MOD guys will push this to the frontpage for Nigerians to collectively discuss tricks played on us by all these foreign countries and make away with it. I will register a twitter account today because of them and tweet at the them cc some agencies like EFCC, ICPC, NPF and some others. Dishonesty and tricks are no no for people with principles like us. God bless NETFLIX.

Acts like these are fraudulent and should be kicked against. How will these guys come into our country to make sales and still be playing the smart one on us? We need to stand against them and make them do the right thing.

MODs these are worthy topics on your frontpage not only BBN and the celebrities stuffs.

Cc:
AutoJosh

You made payment around past 9pm on 10th. See you have no case. DSTV promo staff close from work and resume the next day to check transactions and work on them. Blame your bank for sending late notification. Or you thought it was your bank upgrading your package?

1 Like

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 5:25am On Aug 11, 2019
moonbender:

You made payment around past 9pm on 10th. See you have no case. DSTV promo staff close from work and resume the next day to check transactions and work on them. Blame your bank for sending late notification. Or you thought it was your bank upgrading your package?

Some of you are the main reason president Buhari made that statement of Nigerian youths are lazy. Did you read the part I said i spoke with an agent at few minutes after 4am this morning? So what time did they close yesterday and what time did they resume today. Before making false submissions all you needed to burn from your data is not up to 1mb to query google for the time DSTV closes and open. Do you even know they now run a 24hours support and working time? Obviously no. All you just want to do is talk. Well my boy talks are cheap and doesnt cost a kobo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by moonbender(m): 5:32am On Aug 11, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Some of you are the main reason president Buhari made that statement of Nigerian youths are lazy. Did you read the part I said i spoke with an agent at few minutes after 4am this morning? So what time did they close yesterday and what time did they resume today. Before making false submissions all you needed to burn from your data is not up to 1mb to query google for the time DSTV closes and open. Do you even know they now run a 24hours support and working time? Obviously no. All you just want to do is talk. Well my boy talks are cheap and doesnt cost a kobo.

You call me your boy? Lol

Well, you should be well educated to know that those who answered your call were customer service representatives and have no access to upgrade your plan. They are employed to answer calls from customers and report to the technical unit.

Next time, dont talk gibberish to a stranger. Protect your life.

3 Likes

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by nickyvil: 5:43am On Aug 11, 2019
Dstv customer care line closed at 8 or 9pm and resumed 8am next morning.. Counter with evidence

mknigeriagreat:

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 5:48am On Aug 11, 2019
moonbender:

You call me your boy? Lol

Well, you should be well educated to know that those who answered your call were customer service representatives and have no access to upgrade your plan. They are employed to answer calls from customers and report to the technical unit.

Next time, dont talk gibberish to a stranger. Protect your life.

A stranger that is uncultured will be schooled. Protect a life? Boy you dont want to go there or else it will be very sad and pathetic for your well wishers I am being honest with you 100%. Stay alive boy please do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 5:51am On Aug 11, 2019
nickyvil:
Dstv customer care line closed at 8 or 9pm and resumed 8am next morning.. Counter with evidence

Evidence like when i spoke with them this morning for almost 10 minutes?
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by nickyvil: 7:03am On Aug 11, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Evidence like when i spoke with them this morning for almost 10 minutes?

You said you spoke with them around 4am right.. And I said no one will be at the desk to talk to you around that time.. Unless if your in another country but if in this country only Bot will be available to give instructions at that time
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2019
nickyvil:

You said you spoke with them around 4am right.. And I said no one will be at the desk to talk to you around that time.. Unless if your in another country but if in this country only Bot will be available to give instructions at that time

What do you have to say about the picture below my friend? Can you see my conversation with them for 11minutes and 10 seconds?

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by bigpicture001: 7:11am On Aug 11, 2019
Y not mk payment earlier....u made it close to deadlines.....

You had 9th...for me..av keyed into many Gotv subscription offering promo nd they all worked out.....

1 Like

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by nickyvil: 7:17am On Aug 11, 2019
Your very funny calling a customer care line, there are so many options that can make you spend over 11mins without speaking with customer care rep.

mknigeriagreat:

What do you have to say about the picture below my friend? Can you see my conversation with them for 11minutes and 10 seconds?
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by flinton(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2019
Within 5 days you will be upgraded, it doesn't happen immediately, I have being trying to reach them on their contact no, it's not connecting, 08039003788. I keep receiving "the no u call doesn't exist"
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 8:56am On Aug 11, 2019
nickyvil:
Your very funny calling a customer care line, there are so many options that can make you spend over 11mins without speaking with customer care rep.

No need to argue with you. When it is 1am call that line and confirm if you wont speak with a humam agent in less than 1 minute of staying on queue and revert back to me. Wasting time with you.... hope u know they have a toll free line that you are not charged for calls. Verify with 1mb on google.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2019
bigpicture001:

Y not mk payment earlier....u made it close to deadlines.....

You had 9th...for me..av keyed into many Gotv subscription offering promo nd they all worked out.....

Good submission that i respect bro. But still doesnt change the fact the payment was made on 10th isnt it. They are nigerian factors...
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2019
flinton:
Within 5 days you will be upgraded, it doesn't happen immediately, I have being trying to reach them on their contact no, it's not connecting, 08039003788. I keep receiving "the no u call doesn't exist"

They have another toll free line. The agent i spoke with that called himself stephen said though i made the payment on 10th my bank notofied them on 11th. Funny. If you are aware of how 737 works with dstv subscription, in less than 2 mins of paying things reflect believe me i am regular user of it. So giving me this excuse i just laughed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by lordlugards: 9:20am On Aug 11, 2019
moonbender:

Exactly what I intended to say. Mine has been upgraded. Op it's not their fault, it depends on when Ur bank notify them about ur payment.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by nickyvil: 10:21am On Aug 11, 2019
I will and get back to you

mknigeriagreat:

No need to argue with you. When it is 1am call that line and confirm if you wont speak with a humam agent in less than 1 minute of staying on queue and revert back to me. Wasting time with you.... hope u know they have a toll free line that you are not charged for calls. Verify with 1mb on google.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by BluntBoy(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Cc:
AutoJosh

When did you get debit notification from your bank?

That Quickteller gave a payment notification and receipt does not mean that funds have been moved into Multichoice account.

Until Multichoice receives funds, you have not really paid them for subscription.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by bluefilm: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2019
Oga, I think the upgrading happens within 5 days after you made the payment.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by Torg77: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
moonbender:

Forget the idiot..he wants Dstv staff to stay in the office and not go to their families because he paid 10k
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mank1234(m): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
Op has a case. Payment before 12 midnight should be valid. That excuse of bank notifying them on 11th is lame because all banking transactions (online) in Nigeria is instant and there's fine for erring banks that delay in giving value to beneficiary.

And for DSTV to shift the blame to bank means they have admitted that payment was made in time but bank delayed it. DSTV is supposed to give value and make case with bank for delay in remitting their funds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mank1234(m): 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
bluefilm:
Oga, I think the upgrading happens within 5 days after you made the payment.

Are you saying that he will be upgraded within 5 days or that he delayed in making payment? The adverts said pay before so date and not pay 5 days before so date.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by emeijeh(m): 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
flinton:
I always reach them on 08149860333.
Its toll free for MTN lines
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mknigeriagreat: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
mank1234:

Are you saying that he will be upgraded within 5 days or that he delayed in making payment? The adverts said pay before so date and not pay 5 days before so date.

Some of you find it difficult to read. Payment was made on the 10th and dstv claimed bank notified them of payment on 11th. Spoke with them today and they said they were informed on the 11th. But their messages say PAY BEFORE 11TH. WHICH I DID. SO THEY CAME UP WITH WE WERE NOTIFIED ON THE 11TH. That is lame excuse.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by bluefilm: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
mank1234:

Yes.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by moonbender(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
Torg77:

Forget the idiot..he wants Dstv staff to stay in the office and not go to their families because he paid 10k

I just ignored him. He is too dumb.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mank1234(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Some of you find it difficult to read. Payment was made on the 10th and dstv claimed bank notified them of payment on 11th. Spoke with them today and they said they were informed on the 11th. But their messages say PAY BEFORE 11TH. WHICH I DID. SO THEY CAME UP WITH WE WERE NOTIFIED ON THE 11TH. That is lame excuse.

The post you quoted wasn't directed to you.

I understand that you're pained by DSTV reneging on its promise, however, your choice of words is insulting and going by this I would be supprised if you weren't rude to the DSTV customer service agent.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by mank1234(m): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2019
bluefilm:

Yes.

But he said the customer service agent said his payment came in late (after cutoff) and this is not qualified for the promo. Check again you may have missed that part.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by dangoteinlaw: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2019
My bros sorry for the ordeal but I'm confident efcc will soon have their time and when that happens they will start rolling out promos like Mtn is doing now. These coys have been milking us dry for ages and they still continue to that and one stupid agent of theirs is up there saying you have no case. I have already switched to Netflix and I'm enjoying it. Dstv idea of good movies are xmen and spiderman hehe peter parker yeah right, nonsense programs just to waste one's money.
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by Hoodbilonia: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2019
I now download from netflix direct
To hell with dstv and they 2008 movies
Dull africa magic movies
Annoying johnson family series
Re: Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers by goryorhal(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
I now download from netflix direct
To hell with dstv and they 2008 movies
Dull africa magic movies
Annoying johnson family series

Netflix dey chop data nah ...

(1) (Reply)

Female Student Of University Of Maiduguri Burnt To Death By Boko Haram(photos) / See What This Wicked Uncle And Her Wife Did To An Orphan That Lives With Them / Race Gone Wrong: Horse Riders Clashed On A Wall While Racing In Kano (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.