Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,719 members, 7,865,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Do You Know God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Know God? (156 Views)

1 John Kjv (whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love) / I Want To Know God / Pastor David Elijah's Experience, A Proof That Christians Know God Aint Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know God? by bingbagbo(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2019
Many claim they know God
Many claim 'their God' is the right God
But hear oh Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord.
The Lord is God.
There is no God besides the Lord.
But who is the Lord?

For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?

Remember God is not a name?

The Lord is none but the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is the True God.

You worship what you do not know
Re: Do You Know God? by bingbagbo(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2019
Listen to what Jesus says to the Pharisees in John 8:19 (the really serious Jews): “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” They don’t even know God. They’re just like the Samaritans. “You worship what you do not know.” All such worship Jesus says is “vain,” empty (Matthew 15:9). It is not “true worship” (John 4:23).

‘We Worship What We Know’
So what does Jesus mean in verse 22b: “We worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.” He means that Jews teach that a Savior is coming into the world. He is coming as the Son of David, the Messiah.

And because there will be a Savior, true knowledge of God and true worship of God are possible. The very last clause of this whole story (that runs from verse 1 to verse 42) is the announcement of the Samaritans in the town of Sychar: “We know that this is indeed the Savior of the world” (verse 42).

When Jesus says (verse 22b), “Salvation is from the Jews” and because of that “we worship what we know,” he means a Savior is coming into the world who will make it possible for sinners (like people who have been married five times and are living with their boyfriend) to know God, call him Father, and worship him in truth.

(1) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-olu, Makinde, Obaseki, Others Preach Unity / deleted / Who Is Jesus - A Servant And A Minister To The Circumcision ( Jews) On Behalf Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.