Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? (102989 Views)

For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 / 3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by linkin8k(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2012
blackmann: @OP, it all depends on where u want to do the masters. Here in the USA they have what is ccalled WES which evaluates your transcripts. It all depends on ur GPA too. there evaluation usually boosts up the scores. If you have one just below a 2.2, chances are that it will rise once it hyas been evaluated.

Chairman please what schools in USA accept such because my elder brother has been frustrated at home. He always says he was just 1% away from a 2:2, I don't know his GPA though
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by mandra71(f): 12:46am On Feb 10, 2013
All has been said. Just believe in yourself and work towards your goals
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by visalat(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Are you looking for already written projects for your final year university school work?

Do you want to get an already written project that have been already supervised and fully written.

Gatewayvpn.biz. is a web based company that provides project topics and materials in accounting and finance, business administartion, business management, human resources, entrepreneurship, marketing, banking and finance, computer science, electronic and electrical engineering, mass communication, english, economics, architecture and bio-chem to students at tertiary institutions in Nigeria, Ghana and other African countries. Complete Abstract, table of content and chapter 1 is given for FREE on this site.
However if a student request for the complete material, the remaining chapters 2-5 plus biblography and questionnaires used in conducting the study will be sent via email. We give out FREE topics, abstracts and Chapter one to let you know that we have the material.
However students are NOT encouraged to download our materials and submit as their original project work.
Our materials are solely meant to guide you in developing your own research especially, in building your literature review and study background.
You can purchase your projects with your ATM card on the go without going to bank.Our system supports ATM payment.

We at gatewayvpn.biz got the best certified project materials

All the Project Topics on our site have complete 5(five) Chapters Project Materials.

Each Project Material includes: Abstract + Proposal(where applicable) + Introduction + etc + Literature Review + etc + Conclusion + Recommendation + References/Bibliography + Questionnaires.

Select your level(eg.OND Projects, HND Projects or BSC Projects at the right hand side or above).

For enquiries call 08030981624 or 08154057285 or BBM PIN:330A98D4.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by dulaman: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
op should be back from UK now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Nigeriakan: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
NARIS:
am also a third class graduate (0-03 points gave me 3rd class) but I never give up. Today am the network manager of a very big Company in Abuja.
think about that.
Something struck my heart while reading this. Felt like weeping, not for pity though, but for some reason that appeared vague and seems clear.
Thanks for sharing this. Life's a lesson

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by laudate: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
tigerpaws:

[size=16pt]Yes, You can have your Master's done, with a 3rd class degree!

Some universities in the UK accept 3rd class without IELTS[/size]

Abeg, tell them! Even in Nigeria, there are some well-established universities that will accept you directly into a Masters' programme with your 3rd class qualification, depending on the course of study.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by dulaman: 1:27am On Jul 31, 2014
laudate:

Abeg, tell them! Even in Nigeria, there are some well-established universities that will accept you directly into a Masters' programme with your 3rd class qualification, depending on the course of study.

Pray Tell.
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by laudate: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
dulaman:

Pray Tell.

Try and google the courses offered by various Nigerian universities, and check out the requirements for each Masters' programme.
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Mrbigman1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
Uniben grants someone with lower grad an opportunity for masters in Geological science but u need a relevant work experience in d field. Am applying this year cos 0.02 gave me a 3rd class in Unizk and am working in an oil servicing company and so outstanding and ve had alotta recommendations. Life is better of with a 3rd class in Nigeria cos u'd start from d bottom to chance d honored at d topmost. Most parade with 2:1 yet dey can't even reason out simple logic and i'd just laugh it off. Anyways, guy, with same condition as mine, check uniben site and if u ve done some and ve been accepted or rejected pls share ur testimony so I can know hw to go about it.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by gennylota: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2015

That's a falsehood . No reputable university in the uk gives direct admission for research oriented degrees to third class degree holders. Just forget about that.
you are wrong. uk uni give admissions to third class
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by LordMish: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Morning Gentle men and women please i need you to assist me, i am a government personnel and wish to further my studies in the USA, possibly up to masters or Phd level. i graduated from the Polytechnic with an Upper Credit. Pls i need a very reliable advice from you collectively and as individual tell me possible steps to follow. please i need your input this is my Emails, mio712friends@gmail.com or oche.esther@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by hettie26th: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2016
Umm. Ok
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Rexnegro(m): 12:27am On Jun 28, 2017
AjanleKoko:
I personally know someone who graduated with a 3rd class from Nigeria, and went on to do a PGD, masters, and Phd. He did the Phd in the UK, while PGD and Masters I think were here.

I'm sure if you investigate you'll find options in the UK. Some good schools offer a PGCert/PGDip route through to an Msc. Just do your research.
am not the op..but thanks am At the moment in such situations...really looking for sch in UK as well Cause I got third class as well.
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Olamy17: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2017
I studied French at the university nd graduated with a 2.1...now I want to go for masters in international relations in Canada but people I hv spoken to keep saying dat I can't change disciplines cos I thought one could change disciplines during masters since I'm not changing from art to core sciences..pls I need ur advice on wat to do...also I do not want to be in d academics....doing dis for professional reasons...also I've heard of people who go for different disciplines nt totally different tho like almost similar to mine in d us nd UK...I don't know why dats different with Canada or my case.
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by olajide2428(m): 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
PLEASE WHICH INSTITUTION ALLOWS ONE TO DO ONLINE MASTERS DEGREE WITH 3RD CLASS ......WILL LIKE TO KNOW.THANKS IN ANTICIPATION

bodsibobo:
@ poster

You can get one if you do not mind online Master's degrees.
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by laudate: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
olajide2428:
PLEASE WHICH INSTITUTION ALLOWS ONE TO DO ONLINE MASTERS DEGREE WITH 3RD CLASS ......WILL LIKE TO KNOW.THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
Google is your friend. Instead of spending time on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and some useless blog, kindly take time out to conduct some research online, on the universities that accept 3rd class graduates for PG courses.
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by orizucj(m): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2017
I want to apply for masters abroad but my gp Is 2.2 but the school wrote in their website that they take 2.00 at least and they're using 4.0 grade unlike Nigeria that we scale over 5.0.. I dunno what to do
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by kolawo(m): 11:10am On Mar 28, 2018
Can you be a lecturer with B.Sc (3rd Class) + PGD+ M.Sc
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by kolawo(m): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
Can you be a lecturer with B.Sc (third Class)+ PGD + M.Sc
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Funky88: 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
mystikal:
Get some relevant work experience, some Schools (even in the UK) may give you a placement

Please can I know the University in UK?
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Funky88: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
lowlah:
I think you should check University of Glasgow. www.gla.ac.uk and they often come to Nigeria to speak and give admissions as well. Dave Abion in ikeja shld be able to help cos they are reps to a lot of schools in the UK and they wld let you know what your options are and what universities wld admit you.

I am not so sure but at the university of Glasgow you might be required to do pre-masters before joing the masters class and that might be for six months. At the worst they wld offer you Pgd.

I also know if you have experience thats for their mba classes majority of the time you wld be offered a place based on your experience but dont get your hopes high on that.

I finished from the university of glasgow and had friends that did the pre-masters.

Hope that helps

Goodluck.
Can I have Dave's contact? Thanks
Re: How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? by Funky88: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
laudate:

Can you throw more light?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yabatech ND/HND Part Time Form For 2021/2022 Academic session / Kenyan Student Had Sex With Her Lecturer & He Gave Her 'E', Then She Did This / University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.