Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (5814 Views)

‘president Buhari Will Close The Gap Between Rich And Poor’ – Aisha Buhari / President Buhari Will Address Gap Between Rich And Poor – Aisha Buhari / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 12, 2019
-

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: - by CanadaOrBust: 1:39am On Aug 12, 2019
Ok.
Dantata and Dangote
Saraki dynasty
And many others

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by BigIyanga: 1:53am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Through my observations I've come to the conclusion that most black people neither understand nor know how to manage money(though there are always exceptions to every rule) . A black person can be rich but not wealthy. this is evident in our society when we see rich black people such as NBA players squander their riches and go broke after their career. The difference between wealth and riches is that wealth is passed from generation to generation; and i'm not talking about only financial wealth ,but also social wealth. For example ,when you look at European history,you can see it's rich history and how the social wealth of organization has been passed on from generation to generation.Also,in terms of financial wealth,its extremely rare to see a wealthy white family go broke after amassing wealth. In fact while most white wealth families stay together ,it's my observation that most black rich people don't observations are the fact that most wealthy white couples stay together to build as family while most black rich people divorce or never even get married . For example ,Oprah never got married and when she dies her linage will be erased, other example of dwindling wealth is the former owner of BET who was worth 1.3 billion dollars but now worth 200 million after a 100 million dollars divorce.

Can you think of up to 5 black billionaires who inherited and multiplied their wealth and their great great grand children stand a chance of inheriting billions as well? I can't think of any,but I can think of numerous black billionaires whose wealth dwindled and their companies bought out .In fact ,most black owned companies are usually bought out due to mismanagement. Also,while whites wealthy couples often stay together until old age ,most black billionaires do not know hot o build a family dynasty.
we can see examples of white wealth in society passed from generation to generation. For example John D Rockefeller's great great great grand children are still billionaires today. Donald Trump's grand parents where billionaires and Trump great great great grand children are likely to maintain and grow the wealth as well.
Fvkcking stvpid assumption.. Oprah is not married but can still have a will that will keep money in Winfrey’s estate.
All black billionaires in the US are still living and first generations and all self-made
Worry about Naija where there is no self-made billionaire.. They either made their fortunes from receiving oil blocs for or getting importation waivers for free

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 12, 2019
-

6 Likes

Re: - by Ikengawo: 2:05am On Aug 12, 2019
Al this these 'black people are trash, white people are god' posts are as hollow and weak as the people who choose to post them.

One thing they have in common is they have never met a white person outside of the picture of Jesus in their mama's domot and watching Avengers.

You're here posting about Rkelly and Jayz. Do you know how many white people's business are bought regularly? Do you think people go into business to be hustling for it's survival when they're 75? or dead? You sound ignorant. Upon all of the wealthy people you have seen in your own country, you're choosing to use american internet to inform you about your own life. You're in a Dangote cement face me I face you talking about the NBA as if everyone is confused like you.

you don't believe in yourself and you want the entire black race to join you in your pain. anuofia.

15 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 12, 2019
-

2 Likes

Re: - by BigIyanga: 2:12am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Opra is worth 2 billion and she has a TV station,but i guarantee you that station will be bought out within the next 5 years . Jayz is worth around 800 billion now after selling his Rockefeller company and record label. Motown was bought out by whites . What legacy of wealth are black people leaving behind in this world ? Look at R kelly,he had the chance that 99.999 percent of people only dream about but he blew it instead of growing his wealth. his generation's chance at wealth growth has just been erased. Look at Michael Jackson, his 1.2 billion dollar wealth has just been shared among the 3 white kids. Black people do not know how to manage money and do not own anything in this world.
All the NBA teams are owned by whites. sad but true.
Jayz and beyonce just bought a 100 million dollars mansion,guess which race owns the building company and real estate company and tax company ?
Worry about Naija. Those black billionaires still got it and can hardly ever go broke. False equivalence is ur peoblem. 1st generation black billionaire vs white billionaires from multi-generation of wealth is wrong. Jayze, Oprah etal are still growing and not blowing their money.

7 Likes

Re: - by Ikengawo: 2:16am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Foolish one , You think everyone on this forum lives in your shithole ? I'm trying to help you fool .
Black people do not know how to manage money; Black people should learn how to manage money and grow wealth. Evidence of this fact abound in society.

You're not helping sh*t. What do you mean 'black people' and in which society? Come to my village and we will pay for your mother's next abortion. Fool.

The way you're talking about NBA and Jay-Z, you're the one that needs to shut up and come to Nigeria to learn how to build wealth, aturu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by stonemasonn: 2:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Transfer of wealth and knowledge....We are getting there gradually in Nigeria. The only problem is hoarding of wealth and knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: - by Ikengawo: 2:24am On Aug 12, 2019
All wealth is hording.
BigIyanga:

Fvkcking stvpid assumption.. Oprah is not married but can still have a will that will keep money in Winfrey’s estate.
All black billionaires in the US are still living and first generations and all self-made
Worry about Naija where there is no self-made billionaire.. They either made their fortunes from receiving oil blocs for or getting importation waivers for free

There's no such a thing a self made billionaire. It doesn't exist anywhere on earth. Business is cooperation, and cooperation is business. These gospels of being 'self made' are misleading a lot of people. It's a uniquely American ignorance.

In our culture, we understand that wealth is a collaborative effort. If you want to be wealthy, you work hard and collaborate with others trying to do the same thing. You build networks and connections. You offer those with money and power something of value in exchange for money and power.

Anyone that wants to learn about business needs to spend 1 month in Alaba Market. Anything else is a farce.

But in the end you will learn that 'wealth' isn't the issue. You're already among the most wealthy people on earth if you own a piece of land in Africa. But many don't value this gift, and leave they wealth to go seek another wealth.

Every patch of land in Africa has minerals, medicine, chemicals, and all of the ingredients that built the modern world. Unless you think the Europeans came here for sight seeing.

7 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 12, 2019
-

2 Likes

Re: - by Ikengawo: 2:27am On Aug 12, 2019
I feel like this guy is a black American trying to export his problems.
Stop saying 'black people'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 12, 2019
-
Re: - by CanadaOrBust: 3:34am On Aug 12, 2019
BigIyanga:

Except those Igbo traders
Re: - by CanadaOrBust: 3:36am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Foolish one , You think everyone on this forum lives in your shithole ? I'm trying to help you fool .
Black people do not know how to manage money; Black people should learn how to manage money and grow wealth. Evidence abound in society.

Well, I know how to manage money and I’m black
Re: - by CanadaOrBust: 3:41am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
you guys keep talking about Dangote company,you have no idea who runs the company. Did you know Dangote has been bought off and Dangote is only the CEO now and no longer the majority owner? Did you know that?
Did you know an American Telecom company wants to buy out Glo Mobile but the owner won't sell it for now ? MTN is a white telecom company servicing numerous European ,African and Asian countries . Unilever is a white owned corporation which basically has monopoly on 80 percent of products in all of Africa.

This here calls u a damn liar

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 12, 2019
-

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 12, 2019
-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by CanadaOrBust: 3:50am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
So wikepedia is your source? of course the information has to remain undisclosed to the public in order to keep the business running. see, you don't understand how business works ; you think BET sale was announced? You think Verizon purchase of yahoo changed anything. the name remains the same the face of the company remains the same.

So u don’t even know that those type of sales have to be approved by govt to avoid monopoly?! There is no way u can keep it secret

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 12, 2019
-
Re: - by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 12, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: - by mandarin: 6:27am On Aug 12, 2019
There are some truths in what the OP said. Materialism is rife among Africans and financial expertise among common people is low.
Africans or Nigerians do bond at the levels of family and society but not so much in business where people see formulae as secret codes, some die without their own chilren knowing them!
If for instance America or Europe want to grow the economy, they may want to work with the middle class to create opportunities just do that in Nigeria, they will take the capital to Dubai or UK so African has a huge capital flight.
Sadly, Africans or Nigerians have not really created enough of financial products to create wealth for a larger public, banks toxic assets are owe by less than 100 families across board but Americans especially do look out for financial instruments to solve problems. Financial education is low as well.
So Africans concept of money is what you spend and caucasians concept is what you gather!

9 Likes

Re: - by babasolution: 6:48am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
you guys keep talking about Dangote company,you have no idea who runs the company. Did you know Dangote has been bought off and Dangote is only the CEO now and no longer the majority owner? Did you know that?
Did you know an American Telecom company wants to buy out Glo Mobile but the owner won't sell it for now ? MTN is a white telecom company servicing numerous European ,African and Asian countries . Unilever is a white owned corporation which basically has monopoly on 80 percent of products in all of Africa.

Africans have just started building wealth,these white people have been in the game for a damn long time.I think the basis for comparism is wrong

3 Likes

Re: - by babasolution: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Through my observations I've come to the conclusion that most black people neither understand nor know how to manage money(though there are always exceptions to every rule) . A black person can be rich but not wealthy. This is evident in our society when we see rich black people such as NBA players squander their riches and go broke after their career; and when we see white owned business empires grow such as: Walmart ,Disney company ,coca cola,etc. The difference between wealth and riches is that wealth is passed from generation to generation; and i'm not talking about only financial wealth ,but also social wealth. For example ,when you look at European history,you can see it's rich history and how the social wealth of organization has been passed on from generation to generation.Also,in terms of financial wealth,its extremely rare to see a wealthy white family go broke after amassing wealth. While most white wealth families /couples stay together to build , most rich black people divorce or never even get married . For example ,Oprah never got married and when she dies her linage will be erased. Other examples of dwindling wealth is the former owner of BET who was worth 1.3 billion dollars but now worth 200 million dolalrs after selling the company and after a 100 million dollars divorce.

Can you think of up to 5 black billionaires who inherited and multiplied their wealth and their great

great grand children stand a chance of inheriting billions as well? I can't think of any,but I can think of numerous black billionaires whose wealth dwindled and their companies bought out .In fact ,most black owned companies are usually bought out due to mismanagement.
Can you think of white wealth grown from generation to generation? we can see examples of white wealth in society passed from generation to generation. For example, John D Rockefeller's great great great grand children are still billionaires today,and their great great greand children will aslo be billionaires. Donald Trump's grand parents where millionaires and Donald trump grew that riches into wealth ,and his great great great grand children are likely to maintain and grow the wealth as well. Another example if Bill Gates .

from the examples above we can see how bad black people are with both financial and social wealth management. when will it be the right time for black people to hone the skills of money management?

I believe its a system,many whites had systems to cover their asses when they failed,eg donald trump was reported to be bankrupt at a time but he was saved by banks,i believe if he was a black person he probably would have been left to die.the banks will buy him want instead of saving the black,the system is very stacked against blacks,but blacks are still trying,we have a lot to learn,

3 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2019
-

3 Likes

Re: - by HarryDuce(m): 7:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Like someone rightly stated - false equivalence. Showing us pictures of "grand homes" does nothing to drive home any point.

There's so much wrong with this assertion, I don't even know where to start.

Maybe you should compare artists of the same genre.

Actors.

Athletes.

Generational Etc.

But then, comparing them doesn't paint a concise picture.

Since we're using America as an example, do you know of any black American millionaire 30 years ago? If you don't, why is that? If you do, what was the source of wealth?

1 Like

Re: - by Jgoldie: 7:21am On Aug 12, 2019
Pls keep it coming some of us are learning

2 Likes

Re: - by awgumayor: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Black people do not know how to manage money; Black people should learn how to manage money and grow wealth. Evidence abound in society.
That's not the problem with black people but continuity. White people teach their children their businesses to continue from them when they are old or died. For example, a doctor will want all his children to be doctors, a farmer will want all his children to be farmers to continue the farmily farming business. But black people especially Nigerians will want their children to have different qualifications. A farmer will want his children to be doctor, lawyer, etc, and when he dies his farm collapsed.
To put it simply, white people like to transfer their knowledge and business to their children to continue from.

2 Likes

Re: - by franchasng: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Through my observations I've come to the conclusion that most black people neither understand nor know how to manage money(though there are always exceptions to every rule) . A black person can be rich but not wealthy. This is evident in our society when we see rich black people such as NBA players squander their riches and go broke after their career; and when we see white owned business empires grow such as: Walmart ,Disney company ,coca cola,etc. The difference between wealth and riches is that wealth is passed from generation to generation; and i'm not talking about only financial wealth ,but also social wealth. For example ,when you look at European history,you can see it's rich history and how the social wealth of organization has been passed on from generation to generation.Also,in terms of financial wealth,its extremely rare to see a wealthy white family go broke after amassing wealth. While most white wealth families /couples stay together to build , most rich black people divorce or never even get married . For example ,Oprah never got married and when she dies her linage will be erased. Other examples of dwindling wealth is the former owner of BET who was worth 1.3 billion dollars but now worth 200 million dolalrs after selling the company and after a 100 million dollars divorce.

Can you think of up to 5 black billionaires who inherited and multiplied their wealth and their great great grand children stand a chance of inheriting billions as well? I can't think of any,but I can think of numerous black billionaires whose wealth dwindled and their companies bought out .In fact ,most black owned companies are usually bought out due to mismanagement.
Can you think of white wealth grown from generation to generation? we can see examples of white wealth in society passed from generation to generation. For example, John D Rockefeller's great great great grand children are still billionaires today,and their great great greand children will aslo be billionaires. Donald Trump's grand parents where millionaires and Donald trump grew that riches into wealth ,and his great great great grand children are likely to maintain and grow the wealth as well. Another example if Bill Gates .

from the examples above we can see how bad black people are with both financial and social wealth management. when will it be the right time for black people to hone the skills of money management?
The reason is because most black people businesses or investments are centered around importation trade, crude oil or mineral resources, no unique invention unlike white businesses which are based on unique technology inventions with patented rights that will earn their generation royalties till the end of the world.

Only a black indigenous technological revolution can liberate the black race.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by orisa37: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2019
You have just tried to compare white and black again.
As for Riches and Wealth, there are Religious and Social Conotations.
In Religion, Riches is God and Wealth, The Holy Spirit. The two blend to produce "The Faith".
Socially, Humans and Companies are Rich when their Liquid and Working Capital are sound on hourly basis. They are Wealthy when their Total Assets on going concerned basis is cool and reliable.
No Difference between Trump and Dangote. The two act, interact and move well to please humanity and their Creator.
Re: - by Olufela30: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2019
That's true talk...
Re: - by Aidejay(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2019
The saraki fortune has been in the saraki family for years
Same goes for the igbenedions, chachangi, olubadans and many more
The point I'm trying to make is yes, op is right but it's not a black thing it's as individualistic as Gene's
But if the op bothered to even check most of the biggest empires had a touch of black people adding knowledge and skills. The major difference is 400 years of slavery plus segregation plus anti-black mentality plus colonialism plus assimilation plus apartheid plus inequality plus uneven and status changes in world systems and power has made it difficult for the "black man" to substantially excell this your GENERALISATION is quite void of careful analysis of the underlying factors that have limited the black race, factors that are melting away as black people are now opportuned for first time in history to do things blacks are not expected or supposedly incapable of doing. Education must be enhanced to preserve black wealth and advancement in the black race but unfortunately the individuals whose responsibility it is as duly elected officials are limiting the minds of the young ones. Daily every Nigerian is exposed to anti progressive thinking and limitations here and there.
The solution therefore is a Marxist revolution as the only way for the black race to truly progress is if her foundation is progressing i.e Africa is the beginning and end of every African.
There is so much to this your hypothesis that you didn't even scratch talk less of scratching the surface
And b4 I vanish those mansions u posted on the Nigerian side are reflective of your limitations as you haven't beheld the true wonders of nigerian architecture. ( U see even architectural limitations due to weather and climate conditions exist you failed to consider)
Damn! U constructed one of the most unbelievable arm chair observation in the history of observations
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigeria Was Sold To The British For 1.1 Million Dollars In 1899 / Family Reacts To Betty Anyanwu Purported Marriage To Akeredolu’s Younger Brother / See A Nigerian Governor In Okija Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.