Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

- - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (5864 Views)

‘president Buhari Will Close The Gap Between Rich And Poor’ – Aisha Buhari / President Buhari Will Address Gap Between Rich And Poor – Aisha Buhari / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: - by Xisnin(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2019
Another white slave proving loyalty to his masters in an attempt to "belong".
Unfortunately, he is too ignorant or lazy to read about generational
wealth transfers, if he did, he won't bother posting this thrash.

SMH

1 Like

Re: - by BigIyanga: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Ikengawo:
All wealth is hording.

There's no such a thing a self made billionaire. It doesn't exist anywhere on earth. Business is cooperation, and cooperation is business. These gospels of being 'self made' are misleading a lot of people. It's a uniquely American ignorance.

In our culture, we understand that wealth is a collaborative effort. If you want to be wealthy, you work hard and collaborate with others trying to do the same thing. You build networks and connections. You offer those with money and power something of value in exchange for money and power.

Anyone that wants to learn about business needs to spend 1 month in Alaba Market. Anything else is a farce.

But in the end you will learn that 'wealth' isn't the issue. You're already among the most wealthy people on earth if you own a piece of land in Africa. But many don't value this gift, and leave they wealth to go seek another wealth.

Every patch of land in Africa has minerals, medicine, chemicals, and all of the ingredients that built the modern world. Unless you think the Europeans came here for sight seeing.
False.. 98% of Forbes billionaires do not own land or mining/drilling rights in Africa.
Self-made means not born into wealth or inherited. Jay-Z and Oprah are typical examples. They made it without their parents and govt connect.

3 Likes

Re: - by ivolt: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Through my observations I've come to the conclusion that most black people neither understand nor know how to manage money(though there are always exceptions to every rule) . A black person can be rich but not wealthy. This is evident in our society when we see rich black people such as NBA players squander their riches and go broke after their career; and when we see white owned business empires grow such as: Walmart ,Disney company ,coca cola,etc. The difference between wealth and riches is that wealth is passed from generation to generation; and i'm not talking about only financial wealth ,but also social wealth. For example ,when you look at European history,you can see it's rich history and how the social wealth of organization has been passed on from generation to generation.Also,in terms of financial wealth,its extremely rare to see a wealthy white family go broke after amassing wealth. While most white wealth families /couples stay together to build , most rich black people divorce or never even get married . For example ,Oprah never got married and when she dies her linage will be erased. Other examples of dwindling wealth is the former owner of BET who was worth 1.3 billion dollars but now worth 200 million dolalrs after selling the company and after a 100 million dollars divorce.

Can you think of up to 5 black billionaires who inherited and multiplied their wealth and their great great grand children stand a chance of inheriting billions as well? I can't think of any,but I can think of numerous black billionaires whose wealth dwindled and their companies bought out .In fact ,most black owned companies are usually bought out due to mismanagement.
Can you think of white wealth grown from generation to generation? we can see examples of white wealth in society passed from generation to generation. For example, John D Rockefeller's great great great grand children are still billionaires today,and their great great greand children will aslo be billionaires. Donald Trump's grand parents where millionaires and Donald trump grew that riches into wealth ,and his great great great grand children are likely to maintain and grow the wealth as well. Another example if Bill Gates .

from the examples above we can see how bad black people are with both financial and social wealth management. when will it be the right time for black people to hone the skills of money management?

Very dumb OP probably struggling with self-esteem issues.
I expect you to start by stating your net worth but you didn't
because you are jobless miscreant on welfare.

Of course, you will be cheered by some dumb "blacks" and white trash but
it doesn't mean you are right.

Take responsibility for once and face your own life.
Re: - by izombie(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2019
babasolution:

I believe its a system,many whites had systems to cover their asses when they failed,eg donald trump was reported to be bankrupt at a time but he was saved by banks,i believe if he was a black person he probably would have been left to die.the banks will buy him want instead of saving the black,the system is very stacked against blacks,but blacks are still trying,we have a lot to learn,
forget this your mentality. Why can't blacks open their own banks? The OP is right.

1 Like

Re: - by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
It's easy for a lot of Nigerian youths to reference Dangote When riches or wealth is discussed. But d we may never know certain fact. We've 4gotten that in d name of becoming richer, Dangote has done more harm than good to Nigerians. For instance, he'd buy a company and liquidate it E.g textile companies in Kaduna. Dangote uses govt influences to subdue his rivals (ibeto and elephant cement), since Nig govt majorly belongs to his people-awusa.
On the other hand, Blacks are not future-minded unlike d whites. We're are a creature of its kind.Blacks are intelligent but lacks corporate wisdom. The comparison is good.

4 Likes

Re: - by babasolution: 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
izombie:
forget this your mentality. Why can't blacks open their own banks? The OP is right.

have you read about tulsa,oklahoma and black wall street,blacks in US then had banks,stockmarkets etc and were building wealth,but it was bombed and destroyed by the CIA and then integration followed which pulled the blacks into white owned systems,the blacks lost out,see blacks have really gone through alot,more than any other race,black leadership have been attacked and destroyed while stooges and traitors have emerged as black leaders in the whole of the black world including africa and carribean,blacks till date do not have leaders we only have traitors and stooges posing as leaders,that is the beginning and end of black problems,once we can gain back real black leadership ,black people will build wealth,there is absolutely nothing wrong with black people,we just have gone through so many trials since black leadership fell

6 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
babasolution:

Africans have just started building wealth,these white people have been in the game for a damn long time.I think the basis for comparism is wrong
Can you tell us what you think of Mansa Musa, who was said to be the richest man on earth in his time?
Re: - by babasolution: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
igbodefender:

Can you tell us what you think of Mansa Musa, who was said to be the richest man on earth in his time?
Talking about mansa musa wealth is almost like talking about Abrahams or solomons wealth,that kind of wealth doesnt count,mansa musa simply got rich probably cos he was royalty and gold was abundant in his land,just like say queen of england,that wealth doesnt count,africans just started building wealth through creating value or systems very recently,probably after the slave trade era in the 19th century,while whites probably have been in the game just before the slave trade era and reinforced during that era,as u probably know,capitalist system and cooperations took off due to the trans- atlantic slave trade mainly.
Re: - by Ikengawo: 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
BigIyanga:

False.. 98% of Forbes billionaires do not own land or mining/drilling rights in Africa.
Self-made means not born into wealth or inherited. Jay-Z and Oprah are typical examples. They made it without their parents and govt connect.
read my post again with your eyes. If you own land in Africa you are WEALTHY. The difference is are you stupid or smart about it?
Everything it takes for Oprah to exist is under your feet.

Nobody is self made. Jay-z and his network of friends ROC-A-FELLA, worked together to get to where they wanted to be and went their separate ways when they got there.

1 Like

Re: - by Ikengawo: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
babasolution:

Talking about mansa musa wealth is almost like talking about Abrahams or solomons wealth,that kind of wealth doesnt count,mansa musa simply got rich probably cos he was royalty and gold was abundant in his land,just like say queen of england,that wealth doesnt count,africans just started building wealth through creating value or systems very recently,probably after the slave trade era in the 19th century,while whites probably have been in the game just before the slave trade era and reinforced during that era,as u probably know,capitalist system and cooperations took off due to the trans- atlantic slave trade mainly.

Mansa Musa doesn't count because it came from his land, but you're not asking yourself what comes from your own.
Re: - by babasolution: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ikengawo:

Mansa Musa doesn't count because it came from his land, but you're not asking yourself what comes from your own.

I was only responding to a persons question.But its a good question you pointed out,i wonder wat comes from my own land
Re: - by IjebuWarrior: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Ok.
Dantata and Dangote
Saraki dynasty
And many others

Not a level playing field...
Re: - by ngadaAwo: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
IjebuWarrior:

Not a level playing field...
[/s]
Re: - by Goldensword: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
i don't know what is the problem with blacks especially we nigerians, op made a very valid point here, instead of us to acknowledge it and profer a way forward, we are here trying to prove op wrong, lemme give you example of rich men whose riches died with them in nigeria.
1} Sir lious ojukwu the father of ikemba
2} ifesinachi of enugu ezike the owner of ifesinachi trasport company
3}Eze ego of anambra state.
Many more of them, just take a look at what paschal dozie did to diamond bank, we black need serious help.

3 Likes

Re: - by CTPlayer: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Through my observations I've come to the conclusion that most black people neither understand nor know how to manage money(though there are always exceptions to every rule) . A black person can be rich but not wealthy. This is evident in our society when we see rich black people such as NBA players squander their riches and go broke after their career; and when we see white owned business empires grow such as: Walmart ,Disney company ,coca cola,etc. The difference between wealth and riches is that wealth is passed from generation to generation; and i'm not talking about only financial wealth ,but also social wealth. For example ,when you look at European history,you can see it's rich history and how the social wealth of organization has been passed on from generation to generation.Also,in terms of financial wealth,its extremely rare to see a wealthy white family go broke after amassing wealth. While most white wealth families /couples stay together to build , most rich black people divorce or never even get married . For example ,Oprah never got married and when she dies her linage will be erased. Other examples of dwindling wealth is the former owner of BET who was worth 1.3 billion dollars but now worth 200 million dolalrs after selling the company and after a 100 million dollars divorce.

Can you think of up to 5 black billionaires who inherited and multiplied their wealth and their great great grand children stand a chance of inheriting billions as well? I can't think of any,but I can think of numerous black billionaires whose wealth dwindled and their companies bought out .In fact ,most black owned companies are usually bought out due to mismanagement.
Can you think of white wealth grown from generation to generation? we can see examples of white wealth in society passed from generation to generation. For example, John D Rockefeller's great great great grand children are still billionaires today,and their great great greand children will aslo be billionaires. Donald Trump's grand parents where millionaires and Donald trump grew that riches into wealth ,and his great great great grand children are likely to maintain and grow the wealth as well. Another example if Bill Gates .

from the examples above we can see how bad black people are with both financial and social wealth management. when will it be the right time for black people to hone the skills of money management?

The important behavior getting to just a good solid upper class position, for any race, is get educated as far as possible. Get employed then get married and have kids. As it relates to being married another smart aspect is that you can save a lot of time with chores. The woman can grocery shop and begin cooking and the man can work longer to make money or spend a couple off hours painting the house or do yardwork.
75% of the black kids born in the USA are to single mothers, and it wasn't always like that. Some of these women never get married. Save money invest in the stock market, buy rental property.
Re: - by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: - by futurism: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
So wikepedia is your source? of course the information has to remain undisclosed to the public in order to keep the business running. see, you don't understand how business works ; you think BET sale was announced? You think Verizon purchase of yahoo changed anything. the name remains the same the face of the company remains the same.

Don't come here and talk conspiracies. If you can't back up your claims with proof, please shut up.
Re: - by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
-
Re: - by LordAdam16: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Instead of wasting your time here arguing about cr*p.

Why not you save up, go study a finance related course in the UK, Switzerland, or the US; enter IB (investment banking); focus on wealth management. Come back to Nigeria or even stay in NY/London and target wealthy blacks the world over.

Help them grow their wealth and make it generational. Since you know so much. Stop complaining; Start acting.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
-
Re: - by LordAdam16: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
I'm still college ,I'm 22

Well, that's an obvious career path option.

-Lord
Re: - by CTPlayer: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Great point as well.
Most wealthy white families always keep it within the family and social circle. For example ,the British royal family never like mixing with outsiders (Megan Markle is disapproved and Harry is like the black sheep of the family ,that's why he resigned his post ) .Bill Gates parents and great grand parents never divorced ,and Bill Gates and his wife will never divorce ,and their son or daughter would never marry non Anglo white. most wealthy dynasties(couples) always stay together.
now some people may cite other examples to debunk what I said in my previous post; but again,there's a difference between wealth and riches. Most of the examples given above are rich ,not wealthy.

Good points. And staying married allows the offspring to inherit. With divorces and getting married again maybe have more kids it cuts up an inheritance.
Re: - by DIKEnaWAR: 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Why do we blacks always shoot down a discourse that tend to teach us by either playing the victim or insulting whoever raises the discourse with having a low self esteem?

I was just thinking this same thought this evening with the McMahon family in mind. I mean they have run the wrestling business and grown it into a billion dollar venture while it passed from fathers to sons.

2 Likes

Re: - by jesmond3945: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2019
This kind of thread is the problem with Nigerians. You guys live in a bubble, you judge white people from far why not live close to them and see the scum they are. I bank with santander and barclay but I can tell you the services I enjoyed from gtb alone is far better. Our ICT firms are doing well. Proforce and Innoson are doing well. Tell all the white people to leave Nigeria you think they will? Blacks are working hard so that white people can claim benefits and waste at the pub. Op cure yourself from self hatred, go live and work with white people for atleast a year, then come back and edit your post.

1 Like

Re: - by porka: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2019
jesmond3945:
This kind of thread is the problem with Nigerians. You guys live in a bubble, you judge white people from far why not live close to them and see the scum they are. I bank with santander and barclay but I can tell you the services I enjoyed from gtb alone is far better. Our ICT firms are doing well. Proforce and Innoson are doing well. Tell all the white people to leave Nigeria you think they will? Blacks are working hard so that white people can claim benefits and waste at the pub. Op cure yourself from self hatred, go live and work with white people for atleast a year, then come back and edit your post.

He is actually not referring to services. He is talking about building sustainable wealth that spans several generations of the builders of the institutions.

For instance, what is the assurance that GTBank and Innoson (in your example) would continue to exists in the next 50 years? And more importantly, what is the guarantee that their ownership structure would be in the family/circle to sustain the organizational vision and institutional stability?

In other words, are the current owners children's children not going to be looking for jobs/starting afresh in 100 years from now?

Fine, GTBank had very successful transition from Fola Adeola and managed a non-disruptive succession after the sudden demise of Tayo Aderinokun, but how it can be sustained for another 100 to 200 years is the question.
Re: - by porka: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:
Why do we blacks always shoot down a discourse that tend to teach us by either playing the victim or insulting whoever raises the discourse with having a low self esteem?

I was just thinking this same thought this evening with the McMahon family in mind. I mean they have run the wrestling business and grown it into a billion dollar venture while it passed from fathers to sons.

Please dont blame us much. It's an IQ issue. The average IQ of blacks is low. People with poor IQ don't appreciate critical thinking. The instinct is to fight off any dissent. It is easier to relate to sounds (especially meaningless and wild sounds) and flashy colors than abstract (sophisticated) thoughts.It is relaxing to play with toys and gadgets (made by other serious people) than to engage in very "complex" activities like observation of trends and making any meaning out of it.
Re: - by porka: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2019
babasolution:

Everyone has been in the game of wealth creation since the beginning of humanity. The question is why are some wealth and businesses sustainable and why are blacks' not sustainable? Are you saying there were no wealthy Africans during the slave trade era? Before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade there was the Trans-Saharan Slave Trade.

If the capitalist system and the corporations "took off due to the trans-atlantic slave trade mainly" as you claim, why didn't it take off with Africans/blacks merchants and mercantilist? And why were they not transferred to their generations? The system itself is just to aid what people do in a more organized way. So why did the wealthy Africans fail to integrate what they did then?

Mansa Musa's type of wealth is similar to the Arab Sheikhs' of this modern times. Are you saying they don't count too? They are major investors in property and assets in the west.
Re: - by porka: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
I'm still in college ,I'm 22

Try and have an open mind as you prod further. You will possibly come up with good answers and solutions to the big question.

Don't be discouraged with cynicism and various negativities. It's part of the real issue. And don't hesitate to share your findings for the benefit of the larger black people.

Look critically at socialism and its impact on black people. You will be shocked that Africans' concept of wealth is not the same as the whites'. Many Africans/blacks are not really bothered about their future generations' welfare. They are only concerned about the present and the present only.

1 Like

Re: - by Bizibi(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
Opra is worth 2 billion and she has a TV station,but i guarantee you that station will be bought out within the next 5 years . Jayz is worth around 800 billion now after selling his Rockefeller company and record label. Motown was bought out by whites . What legacy of wealth are black people leaving behind in this world ? Look at R kelly,he had the chance that 99.999 percent of people only dream about but he blew it instead of growing his wealth. his generation's chance at wealth growth has just been erased. Look at Michael Jackson, his 1.2 billion dollar wealth has just been shared among the 3 white kids. Black people do not know how to manage money and do not own anything in this world.
All the NBA teams are owned by whites. sad but true.
Jayz and beyonce just bought a 100 million dollars mansion,guess which race owns the building company and real estate company and tax company ? JP Chase Morgan has been around for over 100 years .
you are already making your conclusion on Jay Z and Oprah Winfrey ,.there are other black billionaires in u.s that we don't know and I'm sure their business has been around for years.it is better not to jump into conclusion......
Re: - by babasolution: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2019
[quote author=porka post=81212117]
I cant write long post,just do a comprehensive reasearch on the issue,dnt just assume that blacks are someone hw defective thats why we cannot produce generational wealth,for example how many generational wealth have the indians or even chinese produced,granted they have long civilization which Africa even have also,but how many old existing chinese or indian coperations exist,most of their coperations are 21st century coperations,unlike the whites that have 17th century wealth existing till this day,yet the chinese and indians didnt pass through half of what Africans faced.They simply have genuine leadership,not traitors and stooges like the black world has
Re: - by babasolution: 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2019
porka:

Remember during mansa musas time the concept of investment might not have been relevant,unlike the modern times,the arabs are mainly wealthy cos of oil and low population,asides that the arab world wouldnt be half as wealthy as they are now,they simply have leaders ,the black world has no leader,

Everyone has been in the game of wealth creation since the beginning of humanity. The question is why are some wealth and businesses sustainable and why are blacks' not sustainable? Are you saying there were no wealthy Africans during the slave trade era? Before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade there was the Trans-Saharan Slave Trade.

If the capitalist system and the corporations "took off due to the trans-atlantic slave trade mainly" as you claim, why didn't it take off with Africans/blacks merchants and mercantilist? And why were they not transferred to their generations? The system itself is just to aid what people do in a more organized way. So why did the wealthy Africans fail to integrate what they did then?

Mansa Musa's type of wealth is similar to the Arab Sheikhs' of this modern times. Are you saying they don't count too? They are major investors in property and assets in the west.
Re: - by babasolution: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ikengawo:

I dnt own land.mansa musa was royalty,he had huge land all to himself,not everyone has such a headstart,he was more or less born into wealth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC Not Pressurizing INEC Chair To Truncate Elections – Keyamo / Let’s Crash This Democracy – Pat Utomi • Nigeria Is Dying / Paris Attacks Celebrated In The Arab Muslim World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.