Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free (1926 Views)

Zamfara To Osun: Planned Deportation Of Northern Youths Unlawful / FG To Pardon Orji Kalu, Dariye, Nyame. Ignores El-Zakzaky - Sahara Reporters / #SackBuhari: Lai Mohammed Begs Nigerians To Pardon Buhari Over Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by MetaPhysical: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
T9ksy:

Abi o jare!!!

Such "peace" deals may be plausible in Kadunna state but i can't perceive such deal being feasible in the greater south.

Such a proposition is DOA in states who have lost many family members to these fulani herdsmen.

Mrs Olakunrin's death shocked us to the realities of the dangers that enveloped us in SW. I follow all the pro-Yoruba groups. OPC have people on the ground in most communities and noticed a trend in movements and a pattern in casualties so they raised alarm. Aare Gani Adams began sounding alerts to the traditional rulers and also the Governors many months back.

Mrs Olakunrin's death resulted in outcry and a shock. The surged alarm and opposition caused Ondo Governor to reverse some of the "peace deals" already conceeded to fulani bandits. Akeredolu is in bondage. He was put in that office by Fulanis in Abuja against the wishes of his brothers in SW. He is also struggling and likely will be thrown out at end of term so he is bending backward to do just anything and survive, even if bringing in fulani vigilante will do the magic. Very dangerous situation! The action of Akeredolu gives glimpse to how some of us are inconsiderate and dangerous to the political security in Yorubaland. Ondo State had meetings with macban and agreed to involve them in security watch against fulani herdsmen. This is same with Matwalle is doing up North. Violators should be dealt with under existing security laws and statutes, the enforcement will serve as deterrent.....not formulate new security watch to deter crime committed by the file and rank of same people positioned at the sentry gate. It's a good thing the secret peace deals with macban came out in open, otherwise in another two years Yorubas will have to go through fulani checkpoints to travel from Akure to Ife or anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by Earlystar698(m): 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
they signed peace Accord with banditry kidnapping
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by tuniski: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:
This fight is between Hausa and Fulani in Zamfara. Fulanis are the bandits and Hausas are the Yan Kasai vigilantes. The governor has outlawed the vigilantes and promised to make the freed bandits and ex-bandits the new vigilante corps in Zamfara, and on payroll. Imagine the kind of support this governor would give to Fulani if this fight was between Fulani and a Southern group there in Zamfara. If he can treat his Hausa brothers and muslims like that, imagine what this Matawalle guy would do to a non muslim foreigner. shyyte!

Stop being an alarmist desperate situation requires unusual solution. If this brings enduring peace, so be it.
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by MetaPhysical: 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
tuniski:

Stop being an alarmist desperate situation requires unusual solution. If this brings enduring peace, so be it.

I only recently started reporting Zamfara but I followed events shorty after ex Governor Yari was sworn in for second term. This is about the 6th peace deal that I am aware of. I am sure they are more than that, many are held in secrecy and not published. Yet, the war continues. It is not a desperate situation, it is a stwepid situation and has received treatment with unusual stwepidity. I know the history of that corridor dating as far back as 1903. Arabs infected that zone with their curse and until you stop practising Arab islam and turn to Allah"s Islam you will continue to cohabit with terrorism. You are practicing the same infidelity and kafirsim that dan Fodio planted in that region. Let Yoruba show you the way to truth and to true Islam and Allah.

Awon were!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by tuniski: 12:53am On Aug 13, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I only recently started reporting Zamfara but I followed events shorty after ex Governor Yari was sworn in for second term. This is about the 6th peace deal that I am aware of. I am sure they are more than that, many are held in secrecy and not published. Yet, the war continues. It is not a desperate situation, it is a stwepid situation and has received treatment with unusual stwepidity. I know the history of that corridor dating as far back as 1903. Arabs infected that zone with their curse and until you stop practising Arab islam and turn to Allah"s Islam you will continue to cohabit with terrorism. You are practicing the same infidelity and kafirsim that dan Fodio planted in that region. Let Yoruba show you the way to truth and to true Islam and Allah.

Awon were!
Baseless rant! I am full blooded Yoruba. Awon iwo ni were?
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by 9jabull: 2:49am On Aug 13, 2019
What type of country, Its a shame that known terrorists (herdsmen) are allow to go free but arrest and illegally detained those that are exercising their right in form of protest..
What a useless country.
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by nonhuman(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2019
shakushakuist:
But you people said you don't need #REVOLUTION

undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by stonemasonn: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2019
What about the harmless villagers murdered in cold blood, where is their justice? Any compensation for their families?
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by Optional09: 9:33am On Aug 13, 2019
crying me a river what are you going to do about it? Someone that’s trying to do something about it you supports he should be locked in Buhari’s DSS detention
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by T9ksy(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Mrs Olakunrin's death shocked us to the realities of the dangers that enveloped us in SW. I follow all the pro-Yoruba groups. OPC have people on the ground in most communities and noticed a trend in movements and a pattern in casualties so they raised alarm. Aare Gani Adams began sounding alerts to the traditional rulers and also the Governors many months back.

Mrs Olakunrin's death resulted in outcry and a shock. The surged alarm and opposition caused Ondo Governor to reverse some of the "peace deals" already conceeded to fulani bandits. Akeredolu is in bondage. He was put in that office by Fulanis in Abuja against the wishes of his brothers in SW. He is also struggling and likely will be thrown out at end of term so he is bending backward to do just anything and survive, even if bringing in fulani vigilante will do the magic. Very dangerous situation! The action of Akeredolu gives glimpse to how some of us are inconsiderate and dangerous to the political security in Yorubaland. Ondo State had meetings with macban and agreed to involve them in security watch against fulani herdsmen. This is same with Matwalle is doing up North. Violators should be dealt with under existing security laws and statutes, the enforcement will serve as deterrent.....not formulate new security watch to deter crime committed by the file and rank of same people positioned at the sentry gate. It's a good thing the secret peace deals with macban came out in open, otherwise in another two years Yorubas will have to go through fulani checkpoints to travel from Akure to Ife or anywhere else.

Even at that -the bolded part above- the killings will not stop though I hope the situation never gets to that deplorable state. The sad reality here is the fact that since all these killings have been going on, not a single fulani herdman has been been arrested and jailed as a deterrent to others. Shows me that the will (to truly resolve the problem) is non-existent. we are just kidding ourselves here.

It's preposterous that the solution they offered, is for the same alleged perpetrators of these crimes should now be made to provide security in those affected areas.
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by MetaPhysical: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
T9ksy:

Even at that -the bolded part above- the killings will not stop though I hope the situation never gets to that deplorable state. The sad reality here is the fact that since all these killings have been going on, not a single fulani herdman has been been arrested and jailed as a deterrent to others. Shows me that the will (to truly resolve the problem) is non-existent. we are just kidding ourselves here.

It's preposterous that the solution they offered, is for the same alleged perpetrators of these crimes should now be made to provide security in those affected areas.

Absolute truth brother! grin. God bless you!!
Re: Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free by SilasNwude: 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
and Sowore is still in detention?

it shall never be well with buhari and his supporters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Court, Signs Deposition In Suit Against Buhari Aide, Lauretta (Pix / Breaking : Imo Governor-elect Hope Uzodinma Visits Adams Oshiomhole For Prayers / President Trump Gave Me A Cheque $1200 As Covid-19 Relief Package-Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.