Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Help My Boss Is Tribalistic - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help My Boss Is Tribalistic (1798 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Npower: Payment Is Not Tribalistic Nor Selective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by porshnuel: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tanks
Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by Skyfornia(m): 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
No matter the situation, ensure you finished your apprenticeship, you can continue working with your boss on freelance after your apprenticeship to perfect your skills.
your oga blessing is paramount at the end of your apprenticeship...never overlook it.

12 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by porshnuel: 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
Skyfornia:
you say?
if you have nothing to say standback
Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by Skyfornia(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
porshnuel:

if you have nothing to say standback

There you have it...happy?
Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by Tallesty1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
You type as if your keyboard has asthma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by overdrive(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
This has nothing to do with tribalism rather you call it nepotism. Comprende?

9 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by hahn(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tallesty1:
You type as if your keyboard has asthma

Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by lebron7(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hair u cannot make, sense u don't still have
What is tribalistic about this nonsense u typed here undecided

1 Like

Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by porshnuel: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
lebron7:
He always complain bout igbo pple
Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by porshnuel: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
lebron7:
I just can't put all his acts into writing
Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by OlawaleBammie: 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
porshnuel:
Hello nlanders..
Am an appretice nd reside in abuja...i have been learning to make female hairs for 6months nw..am the most senior appentices in the saloon and am in my early twenties (male)..the problem started wen my boss brought his cousin from the village to learn the work..there are two igbo apprentice there already plus me making it three,before he brought his cousin from the west...when the cousin came since am d most senior he begged me to always teach his cousin all i know and he pays the cousin extra attention...if we are giving something to do and you make a little mistake u are finish..but his cousin makes mistake daily wit customers complaining but it seems normal to him..now he has relegated us and only gives us minor chores to do..i feel that am no longer improving since the cousin came..and my apprentiship is coming to an end december...dont know if i should leave to another place or i should have patience nd remain

I wil rather term it nepotism, the reason he told u to feed his cousin with all wat u hav got upstair is cus he want him to usurp u and below may b d reasons...
1) he might hav trust issues with u guys, maybe u guys are. embezzling his money and he want someone he trust to head d store hence the preferential treatment.
2) .maybe d cousin i. question has limited tym to spend der unlike u regular apprentices
3)Or u guys are not handling his work d way he wants and he tink his blood will do better
4) if d above are lies den he loves his cousin more dan u guys with brings about nepotism.
i wont advise u to quit since u re rounding up by December, even if u re to round up by next year u dont hav to quit, just acept wat hapened and face ur work, make sure u work diligently without seeking reverence/reference, make sure u get all d necessary knowledge u need, dont hold grudge or feud, no hard feelings or bad expression from u, just do ur tin and leave d rest for baba God and by dexember u re tru with dem and by den u wont be bothered if one cousin dey der or nt.
and one last tin, dont b rude to ur oga cus u need his blessings as someone said earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Tribalistic by femidejulius(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2019
porshnuel:

He always complain bout igbo pple

Here you are complaining too.

If your 'tribalist' boss is really a 'tribalist', will he even have you and the two others as apprentices?

He will probably have never allow you step his front door.

Stop being jealous he is taking much care of his family member. December is almost here.

I understand it is not easy for someone who has been the center of attention to suddenly lose that attention to another. It should be another life lesson for you that nothing last long - not even attention from the boss.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? / I Dey Find Work / Now That Dollar Has Come Down To 670+ What Have You Achieved!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.