Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually (30323 Views)

Nigerians Spend N767.23bn On Airtime In 3 Months / Nigerians Spend More Time On Bet9ja Than Any Other Site Daily (2017 Ranking) / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by OlawaleBammie: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2019
millionboi2:
hahahah
Lol
Na so na, ikun n jogede ikun n redi, ikun o mo pon todun lon pani
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by ubcandid(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2019
drips8:
Nigerians are very optimistic people

They believe they'll make it with the next game and when that fails, they'll still keep going on with the next and the next

It's a cycle

You don't know what goes on in other developed countries. Nigerians dey learn for betting.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by OlawaleBammie: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2019
mediclife1987:

When Ronaldinho was in top form, he was the only GOAT on earth. He shared his crown with no one smiley
hmm, for how many years oo
we re talkin about two guys who are dominant forces for more dan a decade here.

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by ubcandid(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2019
jaxxy:
Nigerians are desperate. Betting shud be got the fun of it bt is more like a get rich quick scheme. Sm other stupid ones have gone down the part of addiction to the game and even chronic betting which is the virtual one which are not even predictable like real games.

They are prisoners of chance and luck rather than commanders.

Nigerians are not among the top 20 betting inducd countries in the world. I don't know why you guys keep referencing Nigeria. Do you know what even accomplished white guys spend on bets?
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Delaw00(m): 8:50am On Aug 13, 2019
Can you pls gimme today predictions make i hit alabi small abegwink
Nostradamus:
cheesy smiley
Severally smiley I don lose count sef,i've been striking alabi before I decided to start dropping predictions here.
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Ladotrader(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, meeee, wil i ever do dat?? lookin for money where i did nt sow?? i dont beliv in gettin money like dat, i hav an archaic view about riches, i beliv in hardwork, me i bliv dat for u to b rich den ur sweat is needed not wantin to use only #200 to accrue #11million aaahhhhh fear God na.

thanks for ur advice bro, av bn told many of tyms to follow dem to naija bet shops cus my predictions are almost tru most of d tyms but nevr wil i start betting. i dont even understand d terms dey use der lobatan.

my view is simple, work hardand smart, shed sweats and pray to God den u wil b rich if God wants. nt by carrying tissue paper all around d corner.

bro am happy for u o for u are back with us, congrats for dumping bettings grin

you gat me bro...
Everybody can't be generous but you're rich to my view when you feed your family and render help when you have to those are close to you...
Bro

Bet shop made me ran away from home like I uses my mom money then like money she gave me to go and pay to her creditors to clear off her debt

And I was addicted playing bet till the level I gat no personal money...any small money ba straight to their shop ...putting. Fake hope that you will win those you lose to them for days u never noted down cause the little you go there and they chop yet people still going ....
But now I've learnt .. thanks God ,it not too late for me..
The thing they pain me pass Na the olds folks that Ave kids and wife at home......paying betting with is white bears ........after they chop is money that don't stop him to.come there the next day...............fool at 40 is fool forever I believe....
I just dey think wetin he go tell kids when school fees are due and landlord for rent and money to feed and cater for the family chaiiii

if you never learn you no go know what's going on.
Thank God for life...
But things are just hard when ever you repent..... Can cause karma is bitch....Cause when you have chance to see money you were using it to play gambles ......
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Nostradamus: 9:11am On Aug 13, 2019
Delaw00:
Can you pls gimme today predictions make i hit alabi small abegwink
unfortunately,i don't bet on football embarassed

You've got to wait till October 22 before I start dropping picks(i only bet on two sports and they're not in season now).
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by mediclife1987(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

hmm, for how many years oo
we re talkin about two guys who are dominant forces for more dan a decade here.

That's why I said when he was in form...it's not how far it's how well.

He was the undisputed champion in his prime.

Unlike these 2baby goats fighting like kids grin
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Delaw00(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2019
Ooohkay bruv
anything to hit alabi is welcomed o football,basketball,tennis,ice-hockey anything man must wincheesy
Nostradamus:

You've got to wait till October 22 before I start dropping picks(i only bet on two sports and they're not in season now).
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by OlawaleBammie: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2019
mediclife1987:

That's why I said when he was in form...it's not how far it's how well.

He was the undisputed champion in his prime.

Unlike these 2baby goats fighting like kids grin
Lol, yea, dey fought for decade and won 5 balons dor apiece, plus including other accolades, abeg make ronadinho find a place to seat jare, tho i respect his footwork but make baba sidon

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by OlawaleBammie: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2019
Ladotrader:

you gat me bro...
Everybody can't be generous but you're rich to my view when you feed your family and render help when you have to those are close to you...
Bro

Bet shop made me ran away from home like I uses my mom money then like money she gave me to go and pay to her creditors to clear off her debt

And I was addicted playing bet till the level I gat no personal money...any small money ba straight to their shop ...putting. Fake hope that you will win those you lose to them for days u never noted down cause the little you go there and they chop yet people still going ....
But now I've learnt .. thanks God ,it not too late for me..
The thing they pain me pass Na the olds folks that Ave kids and wife at home......paying betting with is white bears ........after they chop is money that don't stop him to.come there the next day...............fool at 40 is fool forever I believe....
I just dey think wetin he go tell kids when school fees are due and landlord for rent and money to feed and cater for the family chaiiii

if you never learn you no go know what's going on.
Thank God for life...
But things are just hard when ever you repent..... Can cause karma is bitch....Cause when you have chance to see money you were using it to play gambles ......

Chai!! i swear am extremely humbled by ur story, ahh this is cancerous brother. playin a bet with ur mama debt refund, wat wil u tell her wen u get home?? this is serious oo.
But to talk about karma, lol, truly karma exist but karma wil never restrain u from makin it big wen its due, dat is why i bliv dat wen its tym to reach greatness der is no stopping you bro, and dat make me bliv more in destiny dan prayer. keep on movin bro, u wil get there soonest, dont try to force ur way, no shutcut in life, just follow d due process den u wil see how tins unfold irrespective of ur religion perspective or faith.
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Ladotrader(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Chai!! i swear am extremely humbled by ur story, ahh this is cancerous brother. playin a bet with ur mama debt refund, wat wil u tell her wen u get home?? this is serious oo.
But to talk about karma, lol, truly karma exist but karma wil never restrain u from makin it big wen its due, dat is why i bliv dat wen its tym to reach greatness der is no stopping you bro, and dat make me bliv more in destiny dan prayer. keep on movin bro, u wil get there soonest, dont try to force ur way, no shutcut in life, just follow d due process den u wil see how tins unfold irrespective of ur religion perspective or faith.

Bro Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Mogajunior(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Legendary... Betting is evil.. It leads to serious depression.. I can vividly remember a friend of mine back in school who committed suicide just because he lost a lot of money to betting..now he is rotting in d grave..
DONT COME HERE TO LIE JUST TO PROVE A POINT.
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by pulchirtude: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2019
Aonkuuse:
Nigerians spend over 730 billion Naira annually on sports betting and at least two billion naira is generated daily, recent research data shows.

Data also revealed that over 60 million Nigerian punters spend over 3, 000 naira daily placing bet stakes. At least there are 50 betting sites in Nigeria with the number growing annually.

Respondents, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday, said they placed bets to generate quick and easy income, and turn their passion for football into cash.

28-year-old Fashion designer, Segun Mukoro who bets at least once weekly said that it was the fastest way to double his income and although he might lose sometimes, the wins come big.

He said, “Yes I bet and I do so weekly, especially when there is a league playing. When you have been betting for long, it’s easier to know what odds to play and what teams to bet on.

“It is a guessing game and you get better with time. I know that it is addictive but I see it as an investment, a way to double my income,” Mukoro said.

Similarly, 23-year-old Eronini Kolapo explained that he used betting to augment his allowance as a student. He told newsmen that he started for fun, at first but soon built a network from it.

Kolapo’s almost-perfect predictions made him a leader of his sport betting ring where his peers pay him extra to place ‘sure’ bets for them.

His model is not strange as website and online channels where predictions are sold to help punters maximise betting stakes, populate social media.

However, there are tons of fraudulent platforms.

30-year-old Noble Obioria sold his agro-business and combined the proceeds with his savings to purchase predictions from a fraudulent channel that swindled him.

He spent almost one million naira trying to place a ‘sure’ stake with hope of making over ten million naira in return.

He told newsmen that losing all his money helped him realise how addicted he was to betting and how much he had given to the greed and dissatisfaction that came with regular betting.

Obioria also agreed with respondents who said that the presence of betting sites and platforms online made it too easy and fuelled the desire to place stakes.

Research statistics show that over 14 million bet stakes and payments are made over the internet every day. This, however, does not affect the rate of teeming punters at offline, physical shops.

A betting shop attendant, Niyi Adejujagbe said that he gets at least 500 stakes placed in his shop daily, adding that he has a crowd of punters as early as 9 am.

He said, “People place bets here every day. They still use shops very well because some don’t know how to use the websites and other people like to see their paper bet slips.”

NAN reports that in five betting shops visited, there were only two women placing bets each a part of two male-dominated groups.

Jennifer Olisa said she enjoyed the process as she loved football and wanted to make money from it.

On the low participation of women in betting, she said women try to be more careful, especially with money.

She added that she took the risks to bet as her prediction most times, worked. However, she gets help from her male friends who had been betting for longer.

A psychologist, Dr Aimua Cole said that betting and gambling had high tendency to lead to depression in addicts, adding that it takes a toll on victim’s mental health.

She said, “Gambling addiction could lead to other serious effects, including loss of jobs, failed relationships, and severe debt.

“Problem gambling is often associated with mental health problems, including depression, anxiety, and mood disorders.”

She also decried the high advertising rates of betting sites glamourized the habit, leading more young people to indulge in the addictive act.

Bet9ja, Reward for Passion
Source: https://www.today.ng/technology/nigerians-spend-n730-billion-sports-betting-annually-241934/amp
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2019
Did you know that a rollover of 1k on 2odds, 8times will return 128k? Leggo;
1k x 2 = 2k (Remove your capital when you win)
1k x 2 = 2k
2k x 2 = 4k
4k x 2 = 8k
8k x 2 = 16k
16k x 2 = 32k
32k x 2 = 64k
64k x 2 = 128k

The 2 odds can be daily or at intervals depending on how many predictable games available for the day.
2 odds a day is a 7 days streak. And on weekends when we have many predictable games, you can possibly wins 3 to 4x on a Saturday if you get your predictions right.

Now how do we get 2 odds?
5 games
1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 = 2.01
4 games
1.20 x 1.20 x 1.20 x 1.20 = 2.07
3 games
1.25 x 1.25 x 1.25 = 1.95 ~ 2.0
1.25 x 1.25 x 1.30 = 2.03
2 games
1.40 x 1.45 = 2.03
1.35 x 1.50 = 2.02

One need to be disciplined on this method because the higher you climb the more tense it becomes.
You can as well withdraw anytime you so please. It's not a must you reach the target.
I wish all punters a successful season.

https://twitter.com/mfclothingceo/status/1161208655892668416?s=19

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by mediclife1987(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, yea, dey fought for decade and won 5 balons dor apiece, plus including other accolades, abeg make ronadinho find a place to seat jare, tho i respect his footwork but make baba sidon

Woreva... undecided
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by OlawaleBammie: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2019
mediclife1987:

Woreva... undecided

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by HMarshal(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2019
Try this BBQ if u are in Ibadan & tank me later

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by alezzy13: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Sure a few do. But the vast majority lose.

Imagine if 1million people pay 100naira each for a game. That's 100million. The organizers might budget 10million as gift. The remaining 90million is for the organizers. Betting is a scam.

Damn!!
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Bizibi(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nostradamus:

you must be a b. Ball and America football pun
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by TGMISKY(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2019
mediclife1987:

Atleast one is assured the satisfaction that comes with nutting.

Tho soapy too no good sha cheesy
Both of them come with different levels of satisfaction and are addictive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by CosmicJames(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
millionboi2:
I was happy wen I saw d amount as I know 1b is my share
Your head dey there.
My share there na over 50b!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Nostradamus: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
Bizibi:
you must be a b. Ball and America football pun
yes,you're right.
Re: Nigerians Spend N730 Billion On Sports Betting Annually by Nostradamus: 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
CosmicJames:

Your head dey there.
My share there na over 50b!
greedy man!!! You wan make alabi dey Hope for your death?

Me now, na just 2b.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? / Seminarian Crushed To Death On Nkpor-Umuoji Road, Anambra. Graphic Pics / A Must See First Ever Made Nigeria Blue Film Is Out Click Here To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.