Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) (57293 Views)

Inside The Room Where Wadume Hid Before Rearrest (pics) / Soldiers Helped Me Escape - Wadume Confesses (Full Transcript) / Rearrest Of Kidnapper Wadume: Police Release Statement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by TundeCole(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2019
Good reporting, but a malicious one for that matter, aimed only at distorting facts and remedying the negative impression already supposed on the military involvement in the whole issue.

Now, we are made to believe the evil soldiers actually acted based on false alarms from the civilians. This story clearly cuts out the part where one of the soldiers kept muttering it into the ears of his colleagues that the police men already identified themselves as acting solely on the instructions of the IG. This is a sponsored reportage and i won't be wrong if the police and the army are already settling the differences behind closed door on this already. Well, a VAR will be required here i guess.....

Ko kan aye cool cool cool cool cool

12 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by naijaseeker: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2019
sapientia:
I don't get it.

The bus has open window where he would struck out his head from?

With people pursing them, they passed the first and second check point?

These police are armed too.

I wonder how the police released such information to the public.

They should spare us all these trash and sort it out with NSA or minister for defence.

Exactly my thoughts. The story does not add up. He was not caught up in the shut out, who is the military Captain and why did he release him a day later after and in the midst of all the bruhaha

1 Like

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2019
From what I read the officers didn't do their job properly.
It was more like a kidnap than an arrest.
You know the law, you would have gone with an arrest warrant or better still reported your arrest to the local police station since its a high profile case.

This is Nigeria a real danger zone so people take this thing serious most especially if that person is their benefactor

2 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by seborrhic: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2019
It's now clear that his philanthropic gestures drew sympathy to him.
Many of the town residents probably knew he was into something shady,but so long he "remembered home" and was generous,they were ready to protect him.Many of these commoners usually feel guys such as these are no different from the average Nigerian politician embelleshed in state corruption and all kinds of criminal schemes,without giving them a share,so why not protect someone doing same,but being generous to them?
The police too,despite the unfortunate deaths,should take part of the blame here.With guys like this,you have to involve as many of the security forces as you can because even if the military guys had not ambushed them,the inhabitants of the town may have and lynched the policemen to free him.
It's the same mistake the DSS made in Nassarawa town when they went to arrest one big time native doctor in his hometown,only to be ambushed and losing up to 20 or so DSS officers then, during gej's era.
Finally this still boils down to the fact that Nigeria has become more corrupt under Buhari because if Buhari had done a more honest and genuine corruption fight where anyone involved in corruption is prosecuted no matter the party or status,guys like this would have even been given up by his own townsfolk.
Questions too must be asked why the policemen didn't stop at the first checkpoint even if they were passed,which I doubt,so that they could call the police HQ and maybe inform the military men in the other checkpoints,of the danger they were facing.
All in all,I still feel the police isn't totally blameless and that bitter lessons can be learnt going forward.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by anonimi: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2019
Halo22:
This is serious....but my question is how come the Bala man didn't get injured or shot as the soldiers were shooting at the van? Anyways, that could be an application of native insurance. On a serious note, the policemen exhibit a height of unprofessionalism, why did they continue to run when it was clear that military men were after them? Secondly, why did they go for the arrest all in mufti? Well the did has been done, the next is for the CDS to go deep into investigation cos this is enough to cause security uproar.

Your head dey there with this your correct question in bold.
Chop knuckle boss. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by daddytime(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2019
anonimi:

Have you considered that this is a cover up story to cleanse the army of their involvement
Examine stories and analyse for motives properly.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9939927_97014799321855img20190505052329jpegbd87f2bede23774cf4d50cfdc83507adjpegjpegcf9225d82730a35c32f0bb3a8f4fc4b3_jpeg_jpegba6df417ac0a93544dca1cc6062aa703

I pity you..
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by anonimi: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Entom(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Why do they call the team Operatives of the Intelligence Response Team? There are not intelligence at all. Bala supposed to be laid on the floor of the bus while locking all the glasses to avoid spreading the news of his arrest.

4 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by 400billionman: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2019
daddytime:
This is a very good and detailed reportage.

Thank God it wasn't done by any of the yeye bloggers on here. But I'm very sure they'd copy and remix it with their bombastic English soon before worrying their heads with it.

There is sure to be a reprisal attack on the guy used to set him up including his family.

Three police men were shot and One CIVILIAN.

1 Like

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by delpee(f): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2019
bentwood85:
He is an Hausa FULANI and trust me this case would be swept under the carpet..
Where is TINUBU now few days back he said " is Evans a herdsman"

The whole military and para-military of Nigeria is headed by the Hausa FULANI..
The CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA is also a HAUSA-FULANI.. SO TELL ME HOW CAN JUSTICE BE SERVED?.
BUHARI USE N-POWER TO BLIND THE EYES OF MOST NIGERIANS..

He's HAUSA - TIV according to the story!
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by BRASH: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2019
Commentor:

No he is igbo.

Nnamdi Kanu has a hand in it.
and evans too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by BlueAir: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2019
It makes no sense to say u thought they were kidnappers hence the hail of bullets. What about the "hostages"? Do they die with the kidnappers?

Im no fooll.the real story must come out

1 Like

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by madridguy(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2019
Good report full of fallacy.
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by tommenoh(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2019
Police foolery in action. Pray tell me, didn't they pass through the checkpoints before entering the town? What stopped them from identifying themselves to the soldiers? It's a checkpoint and they must have been armed, so if they were to be checked, their arms will be visible. Except no checking was done.
Secondly, how did the suspect succeed in raising the alarm? Sticking out his head and shouting? Even handcuffed, was he allowed to sit by the window, like a boss? He is supposed to be sandwiched between operatives in the back.
Thirdly it's this concept of "am invincible", drunk on power, that cops in Nigeria, go about with. Because you hold a gun, does not mean you are beyond intimidating by a stone - throwing buffoon : David killed Goliath using a sling, right?
Let me not say more because even this lengthy write up above, smells!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by masterfactor(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2019
tommenoh:
Police foolery in action. Pray tell me, didn't they pass through the checkpoints before entering the town? What stopped them from identifying themselves to the soldiers? It's a checkpoint and they must have been armed, so if they were to be checked, their arms will be visible. Except no checking was done.
Secondly, how did the suspect succeed in raising the alarm? Sticking out his head and shouting? Even handcuffed, was he allowed to sit by the window, like a boss? He is supposed to be sandwiched between operatives in the back.
Thirdly it's this concept of "am invincible", drunk on power, that cops in Nigeria, go about with. Because you hold a gun, does not mean you are beyond intimidating by a stone - throwing buffoon : David killed Goliath using a sling, right?
Let me not say more because even this lengthy write up above, smells!
Nigerian army and Nigerian police are bird of the same feathers. I believe this whole thing was staged and planned

3 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by NaijaNaWaa: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2019
No be APC flag I dey see as backdrop so? I said it. APC and crime are like 5 and 6. We know it.

2 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Masterclass32: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2019
So none of the soldiers saw him crawl out of the bus after it somersaulted? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Isoduwa(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2019
Musa don cast North Dakota

Where is Buhari? His blother is wanted

2 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Chukwurah003: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2019
bentwood85:
He is an Hausa FULANI and trust me this case would be swept under the carpet..
Where is TINUBU now few days back he said " is Evans a herdsman"

The whole military and para-military of Nigeria is headed by the Hausa FULANI..
The CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA is also a HAUSA-FULANI.. SO TELL ME HOW CAN JUSTICE BE SERVED?.
BUHARI USE N-POWER TO BLIND THE EYES OF MOST NIGERIANS..

Atiku don sell this one’s brain

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by stamapro(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2019
The more you look the less you see.

1 Like

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2019
His boys called MILITARY checkpoint?
Bala called his MILITARY friend who cut the chains?
Neighbors jubilate when he arrived?
A stranger comes to your land and got suspicious wealth but they covered him up because he is a philanthropist?
Na Boko Haram go eradicate all of una.

3 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by kinguwem: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2019
Quite unfortunate. Our society stinks.
People became retards because of money.
We're still far from civilization.

1 Like

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by israelmao(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2019
A recluse went public as soon as windfall from kidnapping business began gushing out like waterfall?He even contested for federal house of representatives and lost out and also covered up his dirty deals with philanthropic act. Who says Nigeria doesn't need revolution?It may be deferred but it must surely happen someday.

6 Likes

Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Mcreloaded(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Lol

See as the whole talk dey sweet you for mouth. Dont be surprised the person will take u down first

Its all a matter if chance and don't forget chance favours the prepared mind.

That's why the saying there is no honour among thieves
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by chiogoezubem(f): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2019
Now this story about the police shooting makes sense. Detailed, I must say. But how come only the guy escaped alive?!
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by DennisEche(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2019
Fake report aim to absolve the army, why was Hamisu free,why were the irt operatives killed even when they have identified themselves. That captain has a lot of answers to give
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by israelmao(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2019
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2019
Tinubu: "Why do you mean" (wadume) must be a former apprentice of Evans.
Re: Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2019
Buckubuck blackboy OkoYibo
I quoted you so that you won't miss this thread

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) / Woman Who Flogged Lady In Video Arraigned In Court, she was expelled from school / Man Kidnaps Woman In Ogun, Rapes Her & Demands Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.