Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) (29797 Views)

Family Demands Justice For Osun Youth Chased To Death / Naval Captain Labinjo Gets N10m Bail After One Year In Underground Cell / Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by wink2015(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
Abuharib:
The family of Oluwafemi Labinjo, who was found dead after a boat party in Lake Michigan, US is demanding answers into his sudden death.

Femi, 30, went missing while partying on a boat on July 27 with friends. His body was discovered in the water four days later (August 1).

The Nigerian was part of several persons who partied in the annual Chicago Scene Boat Party, a tradition where people link their vessels and party in an area known as the Playpen, Igbere TV reports.

According to Labinjo’s family, the deceased during the party left his friends, shoes, cellphone and other belongings and never returned.

Femi was supposed to pick up his daughter that night, but never showed up.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office said an autopsy on the corpse was inconclusive.

Mother of the deceased, Glenda Labinjo, told newsmen that the family needs to know what happened.

“Most things can be reconciled once you know the answers. We just need to know: What happened? What was the cause of death?” she said.

Femi’s father was said to have flown in from Nigeria following his death.

Head of the investigations division for the Coast guard Marine Safety Unit Chicago, Brian Hennessy, said they are unsure which boat Femi boarded before his death as three illegal charters were anchored at the Scene party.

Femi was raised in the US and was the youngest of three children who graduated from the University of Illinois in 2009.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/894372/family-demands-answers-over-nigerian-mans-death-in-us-boat-party-photo/

MAMMY WATER CARRY AM GO !

RIP
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
SoftP:
So, there is no more land in US that they have to party in water.

Homies don kpuff this one

I will never understand the rationale behind leaving land with enuf space to party on a limited space boat with water all around me...it’s not like it’s a titanic-kinda ship that they are traveling from one location to another and decided to party a bit...people just invent unnecessary ways of having fun..
fun that I cant vex and go home anytime I want unless everyone is ready to return to shore....party wey we go dey cancel bottles.. person fit fall for water easily when tipsy
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Elitecommtech: 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
The part that pains me is the inconclusive autopsy. Simply because everything for naija na inconclusive, now inconclusiveness don follow this guy.
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by mrjazek99: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
it available just call or whatsapp
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by fortune1968: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
daddytime:
All these children wey comot from Nigeria go dey play rough play with water abroad I no understand una o

Before una pack kaya run comot from house because country hard, una no sabi water. But when una reach obodo oyibo una wan feel among the oyibo dem begin go dey play rough play...

Haba....

Rest well son... I wish your loved ones the strength to meander through this difficult time.
When pesin don chop beleful ,e no go play rough play with water ? If e dey naija dey ride Okada or marwa e go see eye dey go water ? Make Dem come ask us wey onga dey do sege !
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by kajoula(m): 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2019
Born2Breed:
Water don take e own

SEE BLACKMAN SENSE embarassed
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Chuknovski(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
who dafurk owns abgere tv
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
thug life. lots of weed and alcohol must have been involved here sad
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by aloysous11: 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
it available just call or whatsapp
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
mysticwarrior:
He was probably murdered, if it was an accident those in the same boat with him would have called 911 for rescue, since there was no report as such means something is fishy.

Fishy in the water........ cheesy
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by DelphiOracle(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
KushyKush:
If you are not a good swimmer, you should try all your best to stay away from deep pools and the ocean.
yeah but the cause of his death is not drowning.
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Ishilove: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
Born2Breed:
Water don take e own
That's what popped into my head too
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by CavemanDefuturo: 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
Beautiful hallucination grin
SultanOfAbia:
I don't pity this Nigga,
He is in paradise already with his guardian angels right now. They are welcoming him back to the spiritual realm where he left 28 years ago when he was born into this rugged earth.
His soul is resting in spiritual realm until he decides whether to move higher up to heaven or reincarnate back to earth to complete his mission if it was not completed after his death.
Enjoy in paradise my Nigga.. We will all die one day and come back to our Original Home and reunite with our lost loved ones and share our crazy stories about our journey on earth.
Earth is just temporary residence

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
blackslayer:

Thats in general...even good swimmers can drown if you fall into strong under water currents or tides.....Just hope Poseidon is having a good day everytime you go into an open body of water!

Yes o! Poseidon,the god of water is highly unpredictable.
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Fishy in the water........ cheesy

O ya fish it out! grin
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by naijajobx: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by Chuks9000: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
Life is in stages.
Reduce the risk as you grow older.
RIP
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by raphy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
this story need correct answers.some of his friends must HV plan to threw him I'm when he was DRunk as it was 4days under water that gbey found his corpse.
they didn't care to called for help when he was missing so you see it man inhumanity to man.
fear people.
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by 9nice1x: 4:12am On Aug 14, 2019
I don't pity this Nigga,
He is in paradise already with his guardian angels right now. They are welcoming him back to the spiritual realm where he left 28 years ago when he was born into this rugged earth.
His soul is resting in spiritual realm until he decides whether to move higher up to heaven or reincarnate back to earth to complete his mission if it was not completed after his death.
Enjoy in paradise my Nigga.. We will all die one day and come back to our Original Home and reunite with our lost loved ones and share our crazy stories about our journey on earth.

Sir,
Where did you read this nonsense you are reeling out with so much confidence?
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by ajl: 4:31am On Aug 14, 2019
What's going on with the way young Nigerian male youths die by drowning in large body of water these days. This is like the 3rd incident within a space of some weeks. I love water but I don't move close to large bodies of water because I can't swim just like most blacks. Even when at the beach I only allow water run against my feet. People should be more careful. At least they should have something on to keep them afloat.
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by ajl: 4:39am On Aug 14, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

Yes o! Poseidon,the god of water is highly unpredictable.

Which Poisedon? Stupid Africans! Don't you have local versions of your own gods of the sea. In Yoruba cosmology Poisedon is akin to Olokun. Be proud of your own culture rather than the white-man. More so, the black-man predates the white-man meaning our own history and culture existed long before theirs. You are the original man irrespective of your place in current human society. Everything else evolved from you.
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by PoliteActivist: 4:51am On Aug 14, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
I don't pity this Nigga,

How do u know all this? And how come same doesn't happen to chimps and dolphins who are animals just like u, allbeit lower animals
Re: Oluwafemi Labinjo: Family Demands Answers Over Death In US Boat Party (Photo) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2019
ajl:

Which Poisedon? Stupid Africans! Don't you have local versions of your own gods of the sea. In Yoruba cosmology Poisedon is akin to Olokun. Be proud of your own culture rather than the white-man. More so, the black-man predates the white-man meaning our own history and culture existed long before theirs. You are the original man irrespective of your place in current human society. Everything else evolved from you.

Thank you. However,you could have made your points without throwing banters or insults. It would have been interesting to discuss subjects like IFA divination systems, Yoruba mythology and its similarities to the ancient Greek mythology, ancient African civilization and development, Ikosejaye divination of IFA Oracle etc with you. But here you are,insulting the very people you claim to love so much or what do you mean by "stupid Africans"?

Your response was uncultured and it's against the very tenet of our virtues as Omoluabi- the Yoruba.

I honestly don't require any lecture from you on such subject as I stated earlier. We would have exchanged knowledge but then what do I know when a Professor of African history and civilization ,that you are,starts throwing insults around !

I definitely know how life started/evolved from Africa,precisely from Ile Ife according to one of the chapters of IFA divination. I equally know about our ancient civilisation and development. I am aware of the fact that computer system actually operates on the basis or foundation of Eji- Ogbe which is one of the chapters of IFA divination.

You are not more African than I am and please don't assume you celebrate or love our culture more. You do not know me man!

Do have a nice day at work or as it is applicable to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eye Pluckers In Kaduna Attempt Plucking Woman's Eye While She Was Asleep At Home / Herdsmen Rob Family In Ogun, Gang-Rape A 16-Year-Old Girl – Police / EFCC Arrests 35 ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Ibadan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.