Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,937 members, 7,810,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? (784 Views)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by RiyaGoddess(f): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
Hello Nairalanders. Happy Sallah Break to you all once again.
So yesterday I was asked a question "Is it OK for a Christian to eat Sallah meat?"
I guess the person who threw the question publicly at me wanted to know my stand on sallah meat as a Christian. That was the least question I was expecting yesterday and then I remembered as a child growing up, there had been so many stories on sallah meat or the ram being slautered. I had wondered why my neighbors then won't accept our meat or some would collect only for it to be thrown in the dustbin. Funny thing is as children/teenager, they will always do the amebo of how the meat given to them was thrown in the dustbin lols. One of my next door childhood friend will always come behind the door to collect her own jollof rice and meat. She will eat and clean mouth lols. You know the ram meat is very sweet especially the ones fried very very well. So at a point, my mom stopped sharing food especially meat. If you really want to celebrate with us, then visit us then we entertain you.

So many misconception on Sallah meat. I won't talk on this topic based on the fact that I'm from a Muslim background and NO I won't talk on this topic because I am a Christian.
I will only give my sincere response based on the knowledge of the word of God I have.

If you ask me, Shile, will you eat the Sallah meat as a christian or is it ok for Christians to eat the Sallah meat, I will say Yes. Yes I will eat Sallah meat. Remember what I said up�not because my family are Muslim but based on the understanding of the word of God in me.
The Bible tells me in the book of 1Timothy chapter 4 vs 3 to 5 that Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The Good Translation says; These liars will forbid people to marry or to eat some certain foods. But God created these foods to be eaten with thankful hearts by his followers who know the truth. Everything God created is good. And if you give thanks, you may eat anything. What God has said, and your prayer will make it fit to eat.

The NLT Translation say; They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth. Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks. For we know it is made acceptable by the word of God and prayer.

The Message Translation says; They will tell you not to get married. They’ll tell you not to eat this or that food—perfectly good food God created to be eaten heartily and with thanksgiving by believers who know better! Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks. Nothing is to be sneered at and thrown out. God’s Word and our prayers make every item in creation holy.

Now as a Christian, whether you eat the Sallah meat or you do not eat it, let it be your own personal decision or let me say conviction. Don't let your decision or conviction be based on what any man or preacher has said about eating the Sallah meat. Let it be based on the amount of the knowledge of God's word in you. Let the Holy Spirit be your conviction on it or any issue at all. Let the Holy Spirit be your guide.
Read my signature

Shile.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Adekunle1122(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by majamajic(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
it's very OK

1 Like

Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by ihimiray(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nothing concern me... I will eat salla meat... Ogun meat

1 Like

Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Darato: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
Thank you riya for this. I will send it to my friends. Me I eat sallah meat today. I eat anything whether is babalawo concoction meat, whether is the meat for sacrifice I will eat it.
Lalasticlala take it to the promise land na
Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2019
The question is not about whether you should eat the meat or not. You need to ask yourself what the celebration is all about. Does it glorify God? What is the basis of the celebration? As a Christian, you know that Muslims don't worship the God we serve, the father of our Lord Jesus. Therefore, they're celebrating unto Allah. If they're celebrating unto Allah, it's definitely against Christianity. So if you join them in feasting, you acknowledge their celebration, and therefore acknowledge their deity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by InansBobo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
The question is not about whether you should eat the meat or not. You need to ask yourself what the celebration is all about. Does it glorify God? What is the basis of the celebration? As a Christian, you know that Muslims don't worship the God we serve, the father of our Lord Jesus. Therefore, they're celebrating unto Allah. If they're celebrating unto Allah, it's definitely against Christianity. So if you join them in feasting, you acknowledge their celebration, and therefore acknowledge their deity.
true, but in that case peaceful coexistence would be hard
Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
InansBobo:
thank God this is a faceless forum
What's your point?
Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by InansBobo(m): 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
What's your point?
nevermind

1 Like

Re: Sallah- Is It OK For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
InansBobo:
is it tolerating for you to call someone else's religion's god a deity when the person doesn't take it as such? In a secular nation.
What does the word "deity" mean to you?

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man / UNN Finally Cancels Conference On Witchcraft Billed To Hold On Its Campus / I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.