Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace (789 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ElasticStone(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
Why is it that all the donations for mitigating COVID19 are mostly from churches, pastors, Bishops and philantropists. I have not heard of any Imam or Alfa making donations. The irony of the whole thing is that Islam is said to be a religion of peace shocked

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, OAM4J, mynd44

1 Like

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ahiboilandgas: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
ElasticStone:
Why is it that all the donations for mitigating COVID19 are mostly from churches, pastors, Bishops and philantropists. I have not heard of any Imam or Alfa making donations. The irony of the whole thing is that Islam is said to be a religion of peace shocked

because the mosques is not commercial enterprise and alfa are mainly peasants unlike churches that are inspired by the cash flow from tithe

8 Likes

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by judgementyard(m): 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
This table you are shaking grin
I would disagree with you,cus some individuals that made personal donetions are of that religion
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by Funaki: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
ElasticStone:

Because the daddy G.O's are many times richer than the alfas.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by viccipedia: 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
ElasticStone:

Imam is different from Emir! Want to evade tax in Nigeria? Simple! Become a pastor.

1 Like

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ElasticStone(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
viccipedia:
Imam is different from Emir! Want to evade tax in Nigeria? Simple! Become a pastor.

So Emir and Sultan don't have money to help even with the tax?
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ElasticStone(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Funaki:

Because the daddy G.O's are many times richer than the alfas.

La ilah...
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by viccipedia: 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
ElasticStone:

So Emir and Sultan don't have money to help even with the tax?
Igwe and Oba haven’t donated. There is still time. The virus sef never really manifest reach like that. But you know Nigerians love showing off. Last last we go hear say most na audio donations.
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
ElasticStone:

Who is Imam when we're talking about the Yahoo plus big boys? cheesy

Come on, the alfas and Imams depends on the peanuts some of their fellow worshipers will put in their empty pockets.
Do you want to compare those paupers with Yahoo plus big boys who are collecting 10% of every Dick and Harry that's attending their services? cheesy

Well for your information those are advert strategies NOT charity, if they don't do all that how are they going to defend their claim as God's ministers?

What you should have asked them is where their so called power of healing suddenly gone to now that their stupid followers needed it most?

1 Like

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by Sheunma: 6:21am On Mar 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Who is Imam when we're talking about the Yahoo plus big boys? cheesy

Come on, the alfas and Imams depends on the peanuts some of their fellow worshipers will put in their empty pockets.
Do you want to compare those paupers with Yahoo plus big boys who are collecting 10% of every Dick and Harry that's attending their services? cheesy

Well for your information those are advert strategies NOT charity, if they don't do all that how are they going to defend their claim as God's ministers?

What you should have asked them is where their so called power of healing suddenly gone to now that their stupid followers needed it most?
for the very first time...
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Sheunma:
for the very first time...

The TRUTH has always been around you Sir!

Jehovah's Witnesses do bring it to your doorstep but due to the useless, hopeless and pointless theories the AntiChrist and her cohorts have infused in people's brains you will not give us listening ear! smiley
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by AntiChristian: 7:59am On Mar 31, 2020
grin
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by APOPTOSIS: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
because the mosques is not commercial enterprise and alfa are mainly peasants unlike churches that are inspired by the cash flow from tithe
I am a CHRISTIAN but you are absolutely correct.
The MOSQUE is not a SALARY and WAGES COMMISSION OFFICE neither is it a Financial and Exchange Commissions Office.

Most churches are COMMERCIAL BUSINESS OUTLETS, with POS, ATM, MOBILE APPS readily available.
In Fact, Modern Day CHRISTIANITY has done more harm to GOD by creating the Increasing numbers of atheists we see on daily basis.

MOSQUES are always solemn.
I have always said it that, if not for all these numerous evolving Islamic terrorist groups, many NIGERIANS would have drifted towards ISLAM without Islamic Evangelism.

1 Like

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by Samunique(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Liar !!!

You should have told us that you people have no feelings for the humanity !

Don't you people contribute money to sponsor jihad ?

Or you think the money being donated by the pastors are mainly their own money or solely from tithes and offerings?

Most pastors don't even have access to the church tithes and offerings in case you do not know. And that's why I pity some people who shout pastors eat tithes and offerings up and down on NL.

You see, some of those things churches donate are direct contributions from the members simply bcs giving it's our way of life, through the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you tell us Muslims don't pay offerings, (which is a fat lie) why can't their leaders motivate their followers to contribute in this trying time to help the people rather than sitting down to cry "churches do collect tithes and offerings but we don't'.

If some Islamic leaders can motivate their followers to riot bcs of covid 19 and the closure of mosques, Jos riot as a case study. Why can't they motivate their followers to also contribute to social welfare ?

Therefore, this your excuse is lame and does not hold water, typical of Muslims.

We see them troop out to the streets at the slightest provocation to killing and maim but when it comes to social welfare they chicken out.

Bro, just admit that to show mercy to others is not in you, even Quran attets to it.

Allah SWT said:
"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves.
(QS. Al-Fath 48: Verse 29)

The mods need to push this to the front page: Cc lalasticlala, Mynd44, seun pls Do the needful. Let's discuss this too, it has always been about the churches and their pastors, let's talk to our Islamic leaders and their followers to do something too.
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ElasticStone(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Arent moslems supposed to givr zakat?
If the mosque does not have money, than it means moslems dont pay zakat and are therefore disobedient.
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ahiboilandgas: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2020
ElasticStone:

If the mosque does not have money, than it means moslems dont pay zakat and are therefore disobedient.
zakat is for the poor not the mosque or imam

1 Like

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ElasticStone(m): 10:24am On Mar 31, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
zakat is for the poor not the mosque or imam

Zakat is for the poor? Home many almagiris have been alleviated with you people's zakat? This is the right time to use your zakat properly for the benefit of the poor who cannpt survive on their own in this period of crisis

I have stayed in sokoto for years, and the closest I have seen moslems do in helping the poor is queuing them up and distributing akara for them
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ahiboilandgas: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2020
ElasticStone:

Zakat is for the poor? Home many almagiris have been alleviated with you people's zakat? This is the right time to use your zakat properly for the benefit of the poor who cannpt survive on their own in this period of crisis

I have stayed in sokoto for years, and the closest I have seen moslems do in helping the poor is queuing them up and distributing akara for them
how is zakat calculated and what are the criteria abi u just be idoit ?

3 Likes

Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by BlowYourMind: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2020
APOPTOSIS:

I am a CHRISTIAN but you are absolutely correct.
The MOSQUE is not a SALARY and WAGES COMMISSION OFFICE neither is it a Financial and Exchange Commissions Office.

Most churches are COMMERCIAL BUSINESS OUTLETS, with POS, ATM, MOBILE APPS readily available.
In Fact, Modern Day CHRISTIANITY has done more harm to GOD by creating the Increasing numbers of atheists we see on daily basis.

MOSQUES are always solemn.
I have always said it that, if not for all these numerous evolving Islamic terrorist groups, many NIGERIANS would have drifted towards ISLAM without Islamic Evangelism.

You are a CHRISTian because you go to church, bear Jewish Hebrew name, or came from church going family? No you can only be a CHRISTian if you behave like CHRIST, CHRISTianity means CHRISTlike and little CHRIST, if sleeping in a garage doesn't make you a car, going to church doesn't make you a CHRISTian. "by their fruit ye shall know them" and I doubt your fruit and comment portray CHRISTlike and little CHRIST.
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by tofkay: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
ElasticStone:

riches Muslim don't pay zakat to particular mosque, they pay it to zakat and sadaqat foundation which many people benefit from it without making noise.the foundation is like bank which serve the whole country.so is not in care of any imam.the Christianity system of gathering money to churches is different from Muslim.no imam personally get mosque for himself .
Re: I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace by ElasticStone(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2020
tofkay:
riches Muslim don't pay zakat to particular mosque, they pay it to zakat and sadaqat foundation which many people benefit from it without making noise.the foundation is like bank which serve the whole country.so is not in care of any imam.the Christianity system of gathering money to churches is different from Muslim.no imam personally get mosque for himself .

1. So the mosque does not have 1 kobo to buy even if it is to buy face mask?

2. Forget zakat. Is there no system in the practice of Islam where they can contribute to the development of their immediate community especially in periods like this? But when it is time to block roads to protest....u guys are champions ba? I just dont understsnd o shocked

(1) (Reply)

Titled: Witchcraft  Infrastructure And  Logistic  Of Satan. / Today Is Apostle Joshua Selman's Birthday! / Pastor Paul Enenche Calls Daddy Freeze "A Mad Dog"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.