Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man (785 Views)

There Is Time...let’s Be Stronger / Stronger Than Your Enemies. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E. A. Adeboye. / January 2018 Rccg Holy Ghost Service - Stronger Than Your Enemies (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2019
How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man

Jesus said:

21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. Luke 11:21-22 (KJV)

So who was the strong man in that saying of Jesus?

And who was stronger than the strong man?

The answer to both questions can be drawn from this saying of Jesus:

Luke 11:18-20 (KJV)

18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.
19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.
20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

So Jesus used the strong man to illustrate Satan and the stronger man to illustrate Himself, to show that He was able to overcome Satan because He was stronger than the strong man.

And He also showed in passage what gave the ability and made Him to be stronger than the "strong man" and it was the finger of God.

And the finger of God as I've already shown in a related thread(https://www.nairaland.com/5320389/power-showdown-land-egypt-satans) is the Spirit of God.

So it was the Spirit of God that made Jesus to be stronger the strong man called the devil and to able to overcome Him.

But Jesus didn't just stop at telling man that the devil was a strong man, and that He was stronger than the strong man, and also how He was able to be stronger than the strong man and overcome Him, but He also told man how man could also become stronger than the "strong man", so that man could also be able to overcome the "strong man" as He was able to do Himself.

For Jesus said:

Matthew 7:24-25 (KJV)

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

So it's the obedience of the sayings of Jesus that gives man the ability to be stronger than the strong man, for the storms which beat vehemently upon that house, represents the full might of the strong man called the devil, but the devil could not shake the man who obeyed the sayings of Jesus, because it made the man to be stronger than the strong man.

But there are yet those who do not keep the sayings of Jesus, but still believe that they are stronger than the strong man because Jesus who they call Lord and savior was stronger than the strong man, and had overcome him. Therefore that the devil had powerless and was no longer a strong man to them also.

But here's what Jesus had to say about that:

Luke 6:46 (KJV)

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Matthew 7:26-27 (KJV)

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Hence it's foolish for anyone to do so, for if Jesus in all His wisdom, despite being stronger the devil and able to overcome him, would yet call the devil the strong man, that meant He definitely knew better.

Because He very well knew that when the devil comes with all of his might upon anyone who calls Him Lord but doesn't keep His sayings, that the person would crash as that house built on the sand. And great would be his fall, because he didn't keep the sayings of Jesus that would have made him stronger than the strong man.

For those sayings of Jesus was what made Jesus Himself to be stronger than the strong man, because Jesus was the Word of God in the human form, hence the coming of the Spirit of God upon His flesh, which gave Him that capacity to be stronger than the strong man and to be able to overcome him.

Hence Jesus giving those same Words which made Him who He was to man, so that by man keeping it, it would make man to also become an instance of the Word of God on Earth just as He was. So that the same Spirit of God which made Him to be stronger than the strong man would be able to come upon man's flesh, and also make man to become likewise, and hence able to overcome the devil.

For this was the reason Jesus, like the wise man in His sayings, built His church upon His Words, for it was to make it stronger than the strong man:

"upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." {Matthew 16:18 (KJV)}

Therefore the rock was His Words, while the gates of hell was the strong man called the devil, but he could not prevail against that church because Jesus had built it upon His Words, which made the church to be stronger than the strong man.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2019
Therefore I would liken the church that doesn't keep the Words of Jesus to a Moses without the Rod of God, or an Elijah without the Mantle of God, for though they would have some power, it would not be enough to be make them as strong needless say stronger than the strong man.

I would use one instance concerning Moses to illustrate this difference, and also in the process show the difference between the spirit of the prophets and the Spirit of God which I explained recently in a thread(https://www.nairaland.com/5300139/spirit-god-not-spirit-prophets).

Exodus 17:9-13 (KJV)

9 And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.

10 So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.

11 And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

12 But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

13 And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.

So this is an instance that illustrates the difference between a church which keeps the sayings of Jesus and that which doesn't. For i believe that what transpired on that occasion was very prophetic, because while Moses represented the Law and by extension the spirit of the prophets, the Rod in Moses hands represented Jesus the Word of God and by extension the Spirit of God.

So despite that Moses a rare prophet of God was standing upon the hill, it was not enough to prevent the enemy from prevailing against the people of God, whenever he let the Rod of God down. For it made the enemy to be stronger than the people of God and hence able to kill and destroy them.

But it was only when he held up the Rod of God that the people of God became stronger than the enemy and the enemy could not prevail against them.

Therefore they had to do everything they possibly could to ensure that the Rod of God was held up and never let down, and it was only when they were able to do that, that the enemy could no longer prevail against God's people, because it made them to be stronger than the enemy and ensured they overcame them.

So what happened on that occasion with Moses and the Rod of God illustrated how important it was for the church not to let Jesus the Word of God down, by not keeping His Sayings, for that would make the strong man who was the enemy to be able to prevail against His church.

Therefore the church must do everything it possibly could to keep Jesus the Word of God up, by keeping His sayings, for that the only thing that would make it to stronger than the strong man called the devil, and guarantee that he doesn't prevail against it.

God bless.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Stronger!
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2019
By the finger of God!
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 26, 2019
Soon.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 27, 2019
Hear how the Master did it.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2019
Overcome the strong man.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 29, 2019
The strong man's goods are in peace until the stronger Man comes upon him.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Stronger than the strong man.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 31, 2019
Jesus overcame the strong man, and wanted His church to be able to do same.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 02, 2019
Obedience of the Words of Jesus gives you that spiritual capacity!
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2019
Jesus said that His saying is what makes a man to be stronger than the strong man.
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 04, 2019
Wanna be stronger than the strong man?
Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2019
Soar above and over all the powers of the enemy like an eagle.

https://www.nairaland.com/5396975/eagles-fly-alone-pigeons-flock

Re: How To Be Stronger Than The Strong Man by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
The house that didn't fall when the storms came because it was founded upon a rock.

(1) (Reply)

UNN Finally Cancels Conference On Witchcraft Billed To Hold On Its Campus / I Have Observed Something about the Religion of Peace / Titled: Witchcraft  Infrastructure And  Logistic  Of Satan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.