Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One (451 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Jim Iyke: “I Have Moved On From My Beef With Olisa Adibua” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by bingbagbo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
Jehovah's witnesses maintain the only true God is called Jehovah, so they do all things in the name of Jehovah.

To them, God revealed the name YHWH to Moses, and this YHWH is pronounced Jehovah, fair enough.

However, scriptures admonish us to do all things in the name of Jesus. See Collosians 3:17

ew International Version
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

English Standard Version
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Berean Study Bible
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Berean Literal Bible
And all, whatever you might do in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

New American Standard Bible
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

King James Bible
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Christian Standard Bible
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Contemporary English Version
Whatever you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks to God the Father because of him.

Good News Translation
Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

International Standard Version
And whatever you do, whether by speech or action, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

NET Bible
And whatever you do in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

New Heart English Bible
Whatever you do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father, through him.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And everything that you perform in word and in works, do in the name of our Lord Yeshua The Messiah and give thanks by him to God The Father.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Everything you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

New American Standard 1977
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Jubilee Bible 2000
And whatever ye do whether in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the God and Father by him.

King James 2000 Bible
And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him.

American King James Version
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

American Standard Version
And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Douay-Rheims Bible
All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Darby Bible Translation
And everything, whatever ye may do in word or in deed, [do] all things in [the] name of [the] Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him.

English Revised Version
And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Webster's Bible Translation
And whatever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Weymouth New Testament
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, and let it be through Him that you give thanks to God the Father.

World English Bible
Whatever you do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father, through him.

Young's Literal Translation
and all, whatever ye may do in word or in work, do all things in the name of the Lord Jesus -- giving thanks to the God and Father, through him.

It is so clear. The Apostles who were the earliest Christians, did all things in the name of Jesus. No where did the apostles do something in any other name. They baptised, healed , prayed, worshiped etc all in the name of the Lord Jesus. So where from Jehovah ?

JW is Antichrist and a cult

Jesus Christ is God Almighty

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by DonBenny77(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
Word!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
bingbagbo:

Abeg shey you don here about Cultists wey no dey

¤Arrogant
¤Vengeful
¤Racists
¤Political
¤Interested in Worldly Fame
¤Title bearers
¤Materialistic

Before? cheesy

The same Jesus Christ fervently prayed to his Father to grant his request regarding his TRUE followers so that they can form ONE body of a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers! John 17:20-23

Halleluyah! It's only the JWs the so called Antichrist and cult were able to achieve this! Matthew 5:14-16 compared to James 2:18-26

Definitely they're Antichrists and Cult, but that means Satan has conquered Jesus since it's Satan's own people that could PEACEFULLY unite in the same line of thought! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3

Praise the Lord! cheesy
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by bingbagbo(m): 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
Maximus69:

¤Arrogant
¤Vengeful
¤Racists
¤Political
¤Title bearers
¤Materialistic

Before? cheesy

The same Jesus Christ fervently prayed to his Father to grant his request regarding his TRUE followers so that they can form ONE body of a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers! John 17:20-23

Halleluyah! It's only the JWs the so called Antichrist and cult were able to achieve this! Matthew 5:14-16 compared to James 2:18-26

Definitely they're Antichrists and Cult, but that means Satan has conquered Jesus since it's Satan's own people that could PEACEFULLY unite in the same line of thought! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3

Praise the Lord! cheesy

Colossians 3:17

Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

In all your rants, you didn't address the verse above
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by bingbagbo(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
Maximus69:

¤Arrogant
¤Vengeful
¤Racists
¤Political
¤Title bearers
¤Materialistic

Before? cheesy

Praise the Lord! cheesy

Very hypocritical as usual

JWs I know are very arrogant

They claim apolitical, yet own voter ID cards, work in government agencies etc seems they don't know what politics

JWs are very hateful especially towards non JWs

I know many JWs who own houses , cars etc so what is materialism? I can't stop laughing

Meanwhile

Collosians 3:17 awaits u
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
bingbagbo:

Very hypocritical as usual
JWs I know are very arrogant
They claim apolitical, yet own voter ID cards, work in government agencies etc seems they don't know what politics
JWs are very hateful especially towards non JWs
I know many JWs who own houses , cars etc so what is materialism? I can't stop laughing
Meanwhile
Collosians 3:17 awaits u

So if we are to go by the words of Jesus found inside the Bible {John 13:34-35, 17:20-23}

Who is the winner, Jesus or Satan? cheesy
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by ChristisGod: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
Maximus69:

So if we are to go by the words of Jesus found inside the Bible {John 13:34-35, 17:20-23}

Who is the winner, Jesus or Satan? cheesy

Why don't you address the OP?
Why are you not using the name of Jesus in all your deeds and words as stated in Colossians 3:17 but ur own chosen name of jehovah
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
ChristisGod:

Why are you not using the name of Jesus in all your deeds and words as stated in Colossians 3:17 but ur own chosen name of jehovah
It's like your abode is too far from the electric transformer, shey? Abeg go and give it a hug! grin

Whether JEHOVAH or Jesus name, what matters now is result! Matthew 5:14-16

If JEHOVAH is of little or no significant beside Jesus, then it's the result that will judge who is on the right path according to Jesus himself!

So Jesus prayed for his followers to form a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers all having one thought! John 13:34-35, 17:20-23 compared to Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3

And only Jehovah's Witnesses organization succeeded in doing so, and your brother said JWs are Cults/AntiChrist,

Who is the winner, Satan {the owner of Antichrists group} or Jesus? wink

Period! cheesy
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by ChristisGod: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
Maximus69:

It's like your abode is too far from the electric transformer, shey? Abeg go and give it a hug! grin

Whether JEHOVAH or Jesus name, what matters now is result! Matthew 5:14-16

If JEHOVAH is of little or no significant beside Jesus, then it's the result that will judge who is on the right path according to Jesus himself!

So Jesus prayed for his followers to form a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers all having one thought! John 13:34-35, 17:20-23 compared to Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3

And only Jehovah's Witnesses organization succeeded in doing so, and your brother said JWs are Cults/AntiChrist,

Who is the winner, Satan {the owner of Antichrists group} or Jesus? wink

Period! cheesy

Lol, wisdom is seriously lacking
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
ChristisGod:

Lol, wisdom is seriously lacking

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Wisdom felenti felenti po yah head Walahi Talahi!
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by kindim(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
bingbagbo:
Jehovah's witnesses maintain the only true God is called Jehovah, so they do all things in the name of Jehovah.

To them, God revealed the name YHWH to Moses, and this YHWH is pronounced Jehovah, fair enough.

However, scriptures admonish us to do all things in the name of Jesus. See Collosians 3:17

ew International Version
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

English Standard Version
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Berean Study Bible
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Berean Literal Bible
And all, whatever you might do in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Christian Standard Bible
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Contemporary English Version
Whatever you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks to God the Father because of him.

Good News Translation
Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

International Standard Version
And whatever you do, whether by speech or action, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

NET Bible
And whatever you do in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

New Heart English Bible

And everything that you perform in word and in works, do in the name of our Lord Yeshua The Messiah and give thanks by him to God The Father.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Everything you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

New American Standard 1977
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Jubilee Bible 2000
And whatever ye do whether in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the God and Father by him.

King James 2000 Bible
And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him.

American King James Version
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Darby Bible Translation
And everything, whatever ye may do in word or in deed, [do] all things in [the] name of [the] Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And whatever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Weymouth New Testament
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, and let it be through Him that you give thanks to God the Father.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
and all, whatever ye may do in word or in work, do all things in the name of the Lord Jesus -- giving thanks to the God and Father, through him.

It is so clear. The Apostles who were the earliest Christians, did all things in the name of Jesus. No where did the apostles do something in any other name. They baptised, healed , prayed, worshiped etc all in the name of the Lord Jesus. So where from Jehovah ?

What does the Hebrew & Greek version of scriptures say...
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Preciousgirl(f): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
kindim:
What does the Hebrew & Greek version of scriptures say...

YYou are a fool
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
Hey! who invited atheists here o?
Me i'm off this thread!
Preciousgirl:

YYou are a fool

Matthew 5:22! embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by Janosky: 12:34am On Aug 14, 2019
ChristisGod:

ChristisGod Fallacy.
No proof.

Whom did Jesus Christ give thanks to?
Col 3:17, who takes the glory?
John17:26, Matt6:9, whose name did Jesus praise and give the glory?

** Ephesians 3:14,15
14 For this cause I bow my knees to the
Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom
the whole family in heaven and earth is
named,"

Eph 3:14,15 to whose glory?

Messenger dey big pass who send am message? John7:16.
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by bingbagbo(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2019
Janosky:

ChristisGod Fallacy.
No proof.

Whom did Jesus Christ give thanks to?
Col 3:17, who takes the glory?
John17:26, Matt6:9, whose name did Jesus praise and give the glory?

** Ephesians 3:14,15
14 For this cause I bow my knees to the
Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom
the whole family in heaven and earth is
named,"

Eph 3:14,15 to whose glory?

Messenger dey big pass who send am message? John7:16.

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Deal with it

You know better than the Holy Spirit who inspired the writing of the scriptures? He says do it in the name of Jesus, but you say no Mr Holy Spirit, I know better than you, I will do it in the name of Jehovah. Go on !
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part One by bingbagbo(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2019
Maximus69:
Hey! who invited atheists here o?
Me i'm off this thread!

Matthew 5:22! embarassed

Hypocrite, quoting from same scriptures you doubt for selfish gain

All atheists are fools, that is the word of God.

(1) (Reply)

WHY I WILL NO LONGER BE CALLED A CHRISTIAN- Christian Minister / Pastor Kumuyi Explains Why Watching Of Television Was Discouraged (VIDEO) / Bible Verse For Global Warming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.