Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min (44659 Views)

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic / "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Ajibade123(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Gokada ko when Oride has taken over Lagos
anyway see important to before starting a business https://explicitsuccess.com/important-things-to-know-before-starting-a-business/
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by hedonido: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:
Opay is owned by opera. Invested 100 million greens.

Hard to compete against that kind of capital.

Interesting. I've been living under a rock I guess. Though I've not been to Lagos in a while but how could I have missed out on this spectacular development.

There's no way to compete not only against the capital, but also against the titan that is Opera Technologies.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by laudate: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2019
MurderEnglish:
This is one of the best moves a Nigerian start-up has done. I had to read the unfiltered article by the co-CEO himself.

Your product has to satisfy you first before another person.

Oride will never and can not beat out Gokada with this their mundane mode of operation.

Gokada riders are far better than Oriders, though both are crooks.

Let's see how this pans out, and I wish them honestly, the very best

post=81260848:

This look like a very gold and serious company who know what they are doing
[]RATHER LATE THAN SORRY![/b]
All the very best guys.

Lazy Youths complaining of hunger, go register and get a GOKADA bike NOW!
Buhari won't come to your house and serve you dinner!
Stop WAILING, start RIDING GOKADA!! cheesy

I will never take Gokada bikes, even if there are no MAX riders available. angry

I downloaded the Gokada app in April. I used it 4 different times to book a ride, both on Lagos mainland and Lagos Island.

Their drivers/riders failed to show up, all 4 times. The 1st one I called along Herbert Macaulay Road in Yaba, told me he was 5 minutes away.

His 5 minutes turned to 18 minutes. I called back again, he said he was coming. He kept giving me excuses for over 45 minutes and never showed up. After 1 hour, he stopped picking my calls. angry

The 2nd rider was no better. He told me he was just dropping off a passenger. 10 minutes later he cancelled the trip from his own end . I called back to make enquiries, and he shouted at me, saying I was calling a wrong number! shocked

I checked my phone. It was definitely NOT a wrong number I dialled. It was the same number on the app, which I had earlier used to speak to him when I booked the ride. And it was the same voice that answered me.

The 3rd and 4th times I used the app to book a ride, it was also a no show. I deleted the app.

Then I tried their G-Boat ferry service in Lekki. I spent almost a whole day, trying to locate which jetty they were operating from. sad

There were no signs or directions to the jetty. I made enquiries from different people, at each of the 5 jetties I went to, in that area. Nobody knew anything about G-boat.

I now went to their Twitter handle and social media platforms, to lodge a complaint. angry

They denied all the things I pointed out, and insisted that their boat service was running, yet they still couldn't give me the name of the jetty, or accurate directions to the right place where I could board the boat in Lekki. sad

Their CEO has a lot of work to do, on the kind of information his staff give to the public, and the level of operations that are being carried out. Their efficiency, honesty and customer service needs to improve.

However, it is too late for them to capture the interest of disappointed clients like me. I voted with my feet against them, several weeks ago.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by laudate: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:
Opay is owned by opera. Invested 100 million greens.

Hard to compete against that kind of capital.
Despite the greens, their services are not much to write home about.... undecided Their response time needs to improve.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by laudate: 10:17am On Aug 15, 2019
Khaleell001:
That's the reason most companies don't do quality checks on their products because we would rather swallow poison that is cheap than pay for a healthy fruit juice that is cost.

Our attitude generally is really toxic and off putting.

I commend the gokada CEO of he still carries out his intention.
He is indeed a worthy example.

safarigirl:
This is something that should be commended

He went into the field, noticed setbacks and has chosen to address them, rather than leave them as they are. He understands the importance of quality to the integrity of a business

Most Nigerian CEOs do not understand this. They just sit in some Air Conditioned office and sign papers, without bothering to find out if their policies are being implemented properly. They are so detached from their own business, they might as well not run it.
Xyz001:
Am I the only one that is feeling this is a cooked up story.
You took a ride and you ate disappointed at the service your company provides to your customers.
You decide to shut down same day.
Re-train your staff in 12 days
Buy new and sexy bike in 12 days
Provide better service in 12 days.
Please how many day did he take to plan all these
Did he thinks he is talking to fools.
When did he scheduled the money he will spend in the next 12 days

Let us hope the Gokada CEO succeeds in his mission to restrategise and revamp his company. It takes more than a mere 2 weeks break to transform a company, in my opinion. undecided

It should be a continuous exercise that would last for several months, until operational efficiency, high level standards and good revenue yielding activities, become ingrained in the company's DNA. undecided
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by laudate: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2019
INTROVERT:
Opay has pursued them out of the market. How can 500million gokada compete with 500million opay. They better restrategize fast before O pay buys them up.
NigPatriot:
smiley Oride came with over 100million dollars of capital, offered consumers 200 naira per ride. Why won't Gokada go for recess...
Forget this life the cheat code to almost anything is money..

O'Pay/O'Ride might end up going the route of Easy taxi and the first set of ride hailing services, that came into the country, a few years back. sad They thought cheap rides and plenty ads, would win them a share of the market.

Their success didn't last, and they took their exit from Nigeria. Uber and Taxify/Bolt came in next, learnt from the mistakes of their predecessors, and designed a sustainable strategy to capture the market, while avoiding the pitfalls of those that had come before them. undecided

Today, their business is thriving because they did not fall into that trap of cheap fares from day one, but opted for transparent pricing, swift response and affordability. wink

2 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by dannielight(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
Bold move I must say.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by HooxJnr(m): 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
ignitewatch:
Good thinking
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by HooxJnr(m): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
cinoedhunter:
Sounds good
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Adortem: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
A registered Uber driver is needed around Lekki County,you would be provided with a car. Please,call 08139498477 immediately to apply.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
Wickedfacts:

I should show you my cars so you can come steal them.

Are you sure you're mentally okay?
bros show me jare. Its just pishure you will show na. Linus Mba! Lion Mohammed! Two cars abi two tyres?
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Gazzy88(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
Opay/oride has come to stay. Currently, opay is giving the likes of Págà a run for their money. Opera has determined to capture Nigerian market with tacts and finances. Gokada only operates in lagos while oride have spread to almost all the states' capital in Nigeria. Remember, oride have been monitoring Gokada modus operandi before they venture into the ride-hailing market. Another thing oride takes care of is their 'localisation' of services which means virtually any bikes can work with them insofar it's still functioning. Gokada, with their specialized bikes, only caters for the luxury industry. All in all, business without innovation dies quickly. Oride has come with full force and I don't see them running out of business sooner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022. / You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.