Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,215 members, 7,957,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” (17004 Views)

Has Tinubu Ordered Cbn Governor Yemi Cardoso To Resign? (read Details) / 'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Analysiscorner: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:

Stop yarning opata.. He was supposed to write recession..

Nobody is above mistakes Oga instead of trying to be half clever
Both convey the same thing. Lack of money to spend.
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by King44(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
huptin:

On the other hand, the ready unavailability of local rice could be the course, y should I have to buy 2 or more bags to eat local rice
that is if you want to buy up to dat, if you need one cup you could get it depending on your area and how well people demand for it, stop over flogging this issue there is local rice in the market
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by fineboynl(m): 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
whatmoreng:

HI bro. There is something we need to discuss. I just sent u a pm.
what is it we need to talk about? just tell me
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by 1forall: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
The CBN Act 2007 clearly provides that the CBN shall be a "fully autonomous" body. Prior to that, it was under supervision of the ministry of finance. It has never been within the constitutional purview of the presidency as you claimed.

See, when you are in a country where the president can unilaterally give a policy directive to the Central Bank governor (who has gone to greet him at his country home during sallah celebration), you're bound to find it difficult to accept that the CBN is not under the office of the presidency. Therefore I really can't fault your assertion.

CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

You aren't a product of a failed educational system yet can't use punctuation marks correctly in a sentence. Nawa o!

Lol. Indeed the system may have failed you; like millions of others, but you could also choose to educate yourself. It's really not so hard.
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by whatmoreng: 5:07am On Aug 16, 2019
fineboynl:
what is it we need to talk about? just tell me
Not here. It's about an old post of yours. I need advice.
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Kennydoc(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2019
helinues:

Stop yarning opata.. He was supposed to write recession..

Nobody is above mistakes Oga instead of trying to be half clever

So you haven't heard of economic depression?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP / Borno Holds First Independence Parade After 12 Years / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.