Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP (16766 Views)

I Offended Makinde For Being Olubadan’s Younger Brother-senator Kola Balogun(pix / Kola Balogun: APC Not A Threat To PDP, Makinde’s Reelection / Abiodun Abdul-Balogun Resigns As Commissioner After Attempted Rape Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Akinolore(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2022
Senator Kola Balogun has resigned his membership in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The resignation of the senator, representing Oyo South Senatorial District was contained in a letter addressed to the chairman of the party in Ward 12, Ibadan North-East Lo.cal Government Area.

According to a statement by the media aide to Senator Balogun, Mr. Dapo Falade, the letter, dated 28 April, 022, was received and acknowledged by the PDP Ward Chairman, Tijani Wasiu, on 29 April 2022.

The vice-chairman of the Senate Committee on Sports and Youth allowed him his reason for leaving the party.

He thanked the party for allowing him to serve Oyo South Senatorial District in the ninth Senate of the National Assembly.

Senator Ba enjoyed the cooperation of the PDP leadership and its members throughout April and wished the party the best of luck.

“I, Senator Dr. Kola Balogun, senator presently representing Oyo South Senatorial District at the 9th Senate, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Abuja, hereby tender my membership resignation from the Peoples Democratic Party of Nigeria, with effect from today 28th April 2022.

“I thank the party for giving me the opportunity to serve my people in the capacity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and your cooperation which I enjoyed till April 2022.

“I wish the party the best of luck. I thank you,” Senator Kola Balogun, who, until his resignation, was the only PDP senator from Oyo State in the ninth Senate, stated in the resignation letter.
Source: https://westerndailynews.com/just-in-oyo-south-pdp-senator-kola-balogun-resigns-party-membership/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by blazingblender(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2022
Sometimes i wonder the necessity of resigning from a party you won election and going to another one .in the name of the ruling party
I think some laws should be made against this

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by liftedud(m): 10:32pm On May 02, 2022
Porting to APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by decatalyst(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2022
He is eyeing something

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by yanabasee(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2022
This is where the problem of fetching competent leaders comes in...

INEC should pass a law that will restrict political parties into just two....

That way, many people will understand dialogue and how to solve problems without thinking of jumping around from one party to another...

Imagine Atiku leaving PDP to help Buhari become a president and then return to PDP to seek for ticket ... Isn't that pure madness?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Penguin2: 11:03pm On May 02, 2022
Be like werey don receive alert from Tinubu undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by JAMO84: 11:03pm On May 02, 2022
PDP people will not be happy

They hope it is the other way round

30 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by yerokunphilips: 11:07pm On May 02, 2022
Politicans can never be trusted , because no permanent friends nor permanent enemies in politic .
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by ChoCho54(f): 11:24pm On May 02, 2022
He will loose his seat.

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Peacecore: 11:27pm On May 02, 2022
Let's celebrate please. Democracy in action, just as it was when Ortim and Obaseki resigned membership of their party.

11 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by LegendHero(m): 11:42pm On May 02, 2022
Is this not the new Olubadan brother? I think Makinde is trying to deny him the return ticket for senatorial so that could be the reason why he left PDP.

Let’s see how it goes for PDP in Oyo state next year. If this guy moves to APC, you’re gonna have three APC senators, let’s see how things play out.

This was the same guy that defeated Ajimobi in 2019.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Praxis758: 12:11am On May 03, 2022
Resignation after permutation and calculation tell him that the 2023 future is gloomy for him under that party.

Any defection you see onward is a product of permutations and calculations that are not Favourable to the defectors which has nothing or do with the masses and good governance.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by seunmsg(m): 12:27am On May 03, 2022
Kola Balogun is heading to APC? That’s interesting. What happened between him and Makinde? Is
the new Olubadan finally aligning with APC? If Tegbe picks PDP ticket for the district, can he defeat Kola Balogun who has the backing of the new Olubadan?

This may just be the beginning of Makinde’s downfall.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Cajal(m): 4:44am On May 03, 2022
Seyi Makinde will regret this
How could He denied a brother to Olubadan

Kola Balogun should Marge with kola+ Daisi, Fola Akinosun, and soji akanbi
They will definitely defeat Makinde candidate .. JOSEPH TEGBE..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by iCauseTrouble: 6:07am On May 03, 2022
Their problem
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Emmastan291: 6:07am On May 03, 2022
He didn't make his new party known..
I wish him well
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by chigoziri2403(m): 6:08am On May 03, 2022
Cross carpeting is a hallmark of a good politician
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Cantonese: 6:09am On May 03, 2022
Ok.

The constitution needs further amendments (even though they will not do it), in regards to this irresponsible decamping of governors and members of assemblies. I think it should be inserted and compliance ensured, without having recourse to the courts, that once they resign from the parties that sponsored them, they automatically get out of the offices.

Those who were sacked after the judicial pronouncements still remain there and are using the same courts to keep themselves in the offices, while enjoying the full benefits of the offices. This gross abuse must be checked.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by ridbell01(m): 6:13am On May 03, 2022
Hmmm is getting interesting in Oyo state all the three senators are now in Apc. The apc even control the house of assembly only God can save the governor in the coming election.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by northbird: 6:13am On May 03, 2022
Read, read, comprehend, He is the new King. He has to leave politics. That's the right thing to do. Resign from the party. He can't be a senator and a king at the same time.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Mooh247: 6:14am On May 03, 2022
A king must be non partisan
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Menace2Society(m): 6:16am On May 03, 2022
Penguin2:
IPOB man why always Tinubu?

9 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by pmc01(m): 6:17am On May 03, 2022
chigoziri2403:
Cross carpeting is a hallmark of a good politician

Looks like this is an alternate NwaAmaikpe
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Passionate888: 6:20am On May 03, 2022
cool
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by bolex04(m): 6:20am On May 03, 2022
This man that won his election with peoples hatred for ajimobi

4 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Urbanchampion: 6:22am On May 03, 2022
northbird:
Read, read, comprehend, He is the new King. He has to leave politics. That's the right thing to do. Resign from the party. He can't be a senator and be a king at the same time.

Get your news correct, before rushing to comment section. He's not the Olubadan. The Olubadan is his elder brother, Chief Lekan Balogun, who was once a Senator as well.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by RichDad1(m): 6:25am On May 03, 2022
Seyi Makinde will ruin the PDP in Oyo state.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by RichDad1(m): 6:27am On May 03, 2022
Penguin2:
Do you know how many APC senators and house of reps members in Oyo state ? The APC almost cleared all the Federal elections.
Seyi Makinde winning the gubernatorial was just as a result of pity votes.
If Tinubu is giving you sleepless nights, you better leave you traffic selling business at Iyana-Iba and go back to Okija shrine for healing.

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Have Ended IPOB Sit-at-home In Imo — Uzodinma / Economy can’t sustain subsidy – Kachikwu, NNPC boss: Vanguard / Allegations Against IGP Shouldn't Be Swept Away Like That Of Magu – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.